Tech problem: Best Video Editing program available?

OKeijiDragon · 1616

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
For while, I've been using at least 4 different programs to editing (Avidemux/Windows Movie Maker), creating, converting, and adding all kinds of visual effects in my videos. I'm sick of that. I want to use a single program to allow me to speed up segments in videos, cropping, converting, etc, instead of all this cluster crap.

I usually rely Windows Movie Maker for much of the above, but I absolutely hate it when it has to compress the video file in order to implement the changes and edits that I make. I wish it could allow me to retain the same file format AND the original video quality.

So now I ask people here for advice.  

RE: Which Video Editing program would you recommend the best? (Note: Must be free!)

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 02:53:23 AM
I've had the best of luck with Camtasia Studio 6

My computer is still low end, so I have to cut corners in order to keep my computer from exploding while trying to render anything.
But I've got videos on my YouTube if you need some examples of what I've done with Camtasia.

Not a lot of editing done, but I can get HD videos out of it, and compress the file size to an uploadable size.

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
  • DWII's Lab Expirement Verifier
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 06:25:42 PM
Same here, I have camtasia studio and It works wonders for me as well.

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!!~ "

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting...Burning...FINGER!!!~"
-----
That one Nun...

Offline Girla PurpleHeart

• Sailor Eris
  • B-Class Hunter
  • ~Midna's True Guardian And Duchess of Twilight~
    • View Profile
    • PurpleHeart Palace
Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 01:11:33 AM
Sony Vegas is really the best video editing program I ever had. Window's Movie Maker lags a lot and crashes for no reason, but I'm neutral on it. Adobe Movie Studio is [a little similar to Sony Vegas, but it's] really hard to use.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 07:40:18 AM
Sony Vegas is really the best video editing program I ever had. Window's Movie Maker lags a lot and crashes for no reason, but I'm neutral on it. Adobe Movie Studio is [a little similar to Sony Vegas, but it's] really hard to use.

Seconded.
Steal Vegas/Adobe Premier.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech/amvapp.html
http://zarxrax.kicks-ass.net/