About Omega

CyberXIII · 47650

Offline SoloUnit315

• Net Navi
  • M-308 Gun Master
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: June 19, 2009, 10:26:50 PM
The real question that needs to be answered here is how can omega pull out his sword when it's the same shape as the sheath?

Yes... a difficult question to answer indeed.

Sometimes being the bigger man means holding the bigger weapon!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009, 12:04:22 AM
Sheath simply breaks apart.  I assume it regenerates in the same manner as the core-Omega's hair does.  *shrugs*

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #27 on: June 20, 2009, 03:52:10 PM
It changed in that it gained aspects of Sigma because Sigma has become part of it. But the Virus is still remarkably similar to Zero's DNA.
It is?
Don't all the viruses (virii?) ultimately originate from Zero? Hmm, maybe it's graphtime...
EDIT: Well. Come to think of it I have no memory where the Colony virus and Zero virus came from. Sigma had the Colony virus used, but I dunno how he got it.
IIRC the Colony and Sigma virus combined into the Zero virus though.
Also, what 'should' is not necessarily the same as what 'is'.
That... doesn't really mean anything. But with no name given by the games, I suppose there's nothing more to the idea.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: June 20, 2009, 03:58:58 PM
viruses (virii?)

Viruses. "Virii" is a failed attempt at trying to use latin plurals, in which case it would be "viri". (us -> i)

Come to think of it I have no memory where the Colony virus and Zero virus came from. Sigma had the Colony virus used, but I dunno how he got it.

The Colony Virus was made by Sigma to create the Zero Virus by combining his Sigma Virus with the Colony Virus.

That... doesn't really mean anything. But with no name given by the games, I suppose there's nothing more to the idea.

The point is, every single sourcebook says that the Virus originally within Zero is "Sigma Virus".

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: June 20, 2009, 03:59:52 PM
That's silly. But I can't protest against Word of God.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: June 20, 2009, 04:08:24 PM
That's silly. But I can't protest against Word of God.

I did say 'what should is not the same as what is'.

These are the specific quotes we've got on the matter:

Rockman Perfect Memories:
Exactly what kinds of secrets are sleeping in Zero's past?
Zero has almost no memory of the past.  However, sometimes he seems to see a person resembling Dr. Wily in his dreams. And it's also said that Zero was born with the Sigma Virus already inside of him. His creation is it actually to battle with whom?  One would never think it was for justice, however...
X: He was made by Dr. Right.  Will the time for his fated battle with Zero come?
Dr. Wily: The one who put the Sigma Virus in Zero is, perhaps him......

MMZOCW:
Sigma Virus
ZERO1
A terrifying Virus that makes Reploids go Maverick. Initially, Zero was the only one infected with the Virus, but as he traveled the world to battle Mavericks, he unwittingly spread the Virus.

ZERO 1
The facility built to house Zero, who was discovered to be the source of the Sigma Virus outbreak. For half a century, Zero was used in many Sigma Virus-related experiments. This laboratory is also where Ciel's ancestors studied Cyber-elves, and where Weil created Omega. But because all records of its existence were wiped from history by Neo Arcadia, only a select few still know where it is.

Sigma Virus
The terrifying virus that causes a Reploid to go Maverick... Zero was the first Reploid to be infected by the virus
...  Unfortunately, by tirelessly fulfilling his destiny as a Maverick Hunter, Zero inadvertently spread the virus throughout the world.  Eventually, as the host of the virus, Zero was taken to a research facility for study.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: June 20, 2009, 04:31:34 PM
Folks, its called using a word retroactively. Since the original virus from within Zero has no name, and the Sigma virus, although now a permanent part of Sigma is still largely the same as when it was inside Zero, the term "Sigma" Virus is used retroactively to refer to the one that originally resided within Zero.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: June 20, 2009, 04:33:33 PM
But for some reason it still confuses people... -AC

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: June 20, 2009, 04:44:24 PM
Folks, its called using a word retroactively. Since the original virus from within Zero has no name, and the Sigma virus, although now a permanent part of Sigma is still largely the same as when it was inside Zero, the term "Sigma" Virus is used retroactively to refer to the one that originally resided within Zero.
If it had been the same thing there would be no problem or confusion, since it's just naming a hitherto unnamed but known thing. But it isn't, so there is.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: June 20, 2009, 04:51:00 PM
It should just be called the Irregular/Maverick Virus to dispel confusion, but unfortunately that's not the case. That would make far too much sense.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: June 20, 2009, 04:52:25 PM
It should just be called the Irregular/Maverick Virus to dispel confusion, but unfortunately that's not the case. That would make far too much sense.

But the thing is, it was called the Irregular/Maverick Virus before it was revealed that Sigma is part of it, making it the Sigma Virus.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: June 20, 2009, 05:14:20 PM
But the thing is, it was called the Irregular/Maverick Virus before it was revealed that Sigma is part of it, making it the Sigma Virus.
Oh, I'm well aware of that, hence why I brought it up. I'm just saying they probably should have continued to call it that, to keep the concept more understandable to the general gamer populace.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: June 20, 2009, 05:17:43 PM
Don´t we have already a thread about the virus? Don´t go off topic too much

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: June 20, 2009, 06:10:11 PM
how about we just call the original one from Zero, 'Original Sigma virus'?
or maybe 'Original Virus'
'Wily Virus'?
'unknown virus'?
(We can't call it Zero virus because thats not what it its, and would only cause confusion with the Zero virus from X5.)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: June 20, 2009, 06:14:34 PM
The reason I insist we call the original Sigma Virus even before it became part of Sigma is because otherwise people can't make out the meaning of the sourcebooks. The majority of misunderstandings about MMZOCW and Three Keys revolve around Zero being "first infected with Sigma Virus."

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: June 20, 2009, 06:43:44 PM
Yet poeple get confused no matter WHAT we call it... >__>;
Thats the problem.

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfic and Rant account
Reply #41 on: June 22, 2009, 10:27:35 PM
Yet poeple get confused no matter WHAT we call it... >__>;
Thats the problem.

So you would agree with Agent K?

Moving back on topic, was the Dark Elf designed for use with Original Zero?  Elpizo tried to merge with it and became a horribly corrupted monster.  Omega used it and only got slightly crazier.

What color is my heart, Snively...?

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=23112
Click here to find a site with loads of soundtracks available.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: June 22, 2009, 11:33:13 PM
No, It was made FROM Zero. They studied Zero's robo guts to analyze the virus, and found a way to make Mother Elf.
Its kind of like this.

In a similar way that X is the father of Reploids, Zero is the father of Cyber Elves.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: June 23, 2009, 12:14:20 AM
Not Zero, Sigma Virus. Cyber Elves were developed from the Sigma Virus. Zero just happens to be naturally immune to it and getting power boosts by the purification effect.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: June 23, 2009, 12:23:55 AM
So Sigma is their daddy?
Didnt they research the virus in Zero though? I remember them researching something in his body...

Offline IHZ

• Net Navi
  • SHOOOSH
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: June 23, 2009, 12:26:25 AM
IT'S not THAT hard to understand...Mother elf= made from Zero's Original Body's Virus data to eleminate the Sigma Virus infecting Mavericks. Which means the Mother Elf is 100% compatible with Zero's original body, unlike other Reploids who tried to merge with it. Then the Mother Elf is corrupted by Weil and turns "evil". Yet, is STILL 100% Compatible with Zero's original body. So when Omega, Possessing Zero's Original Body, Merge with Dark Elf, he doesn't mutate, because He's 100% compatible with it. Oh and, he didn't turn crazier. There are NO evidence that the Dark Elf altered Omega's mind.

Problem is, we can't assume too much because the sourcebooks says very limited things on Elf Wars and the Sigma Virus' Origin( The origin of it's creation.)

As for Sigma Virus....it's not so hard to understand either:

Zero was created with the Virus within him, at this point, the Virus had no name. At some point in time, Zero awakens with his precise mission being unknown. He is found by Gamma team, wandering in a forbidden area. Zero wipes out Gamma Team and is, then, met by Sigma. Sigma battles with Zero and as the Battle Climax to an End, the Virus in Zero, which still bears no name, is tranferred to Sigma. Zero(I ASSUME) is still a carrier at that point and so is Sigma. Zero is repaired by Dr.Cain and, from now on, Zero shows no apparent sign of Irregularity and is watched over by Sigma. The virus continues to spread and causes more MAverick outbreaks, Zero and Sigma keep on fighting while spreading it at the same time. At some point, Sigma decides to rebel against humanity. At that point, the Virus STILL has no distinct name and is just called Maverick Virus. Then after X2 or X3( not sure), It is discovered that Sigma is spreading a virus which turns Reploids Maverick. FROM THAT POINT ON, the Virus is called Sigma Virus because nobody in the X Games ever knew( and for that fact will nener know) that the Virus originated from Zero. Before The Virus was discovered, Everyone thought The Maverick Phenomenon was caused by errors in their brain circuit. Then The Virus ,which Sigma caught from Zero, was discovered, but since nobody knew it originated from Zero and instead thought it originated from Sigma, they called it the Sigma Virus.

The fact that Zero is a carrier will be found out many many years later at the end of the Maverick wars.

At least, that's what I understand, things that I have just said might be untrue and based on personal opinions.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: June 23, 2009, 12:37:19 AM
Well, In X2, we fight Wireframe Sigma, but it is not until X fights Doppler and brings him to his senses that he reveals that Sigma's true form is that of a virus. and since then, it is the "Sigma Virus"

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfic and Rant account
Reply #47 on: June 25, 2009, 08:31:13 PM
IT'S not THAT hard to understand...Mother elf= made from Zero's Original Body's Virus data to eleminate the Sigma Virus infecting Mavericks. Which means the Mother Elf is 100% compatible with Zero's original body, unlike other Reploids who tried to merge with it. Then the Mother Elf is corrupted by Weil and turns "evil". Yet, is STILL 100% Compatible with Zero's original body. So when Omega, Possessing Zero's Original Body, Merge with Dark Elf, he doesn't mutate, because He's 100% compatible with it. Oh and, he didn't turn crazier. There are NO evidence that the Dark Elf altered Omega's mind.

WARE WA MESIAH NARI! HA HA HA HA HA!

Granted, Omega was nuts to begin with, but that was over the top.

What color is my heart, Snively...?

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=23112
Click here to find a site with loads of soundtracks available.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: June 25, 2009, 08:40:24 PM
how would we know, all he said before that was "GRRUUUUOOOOO... ZEEEEERRROOOOOO...!"

Offline Zechs

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Simply-Crestfallen.
Reply #49 on: June 26, 2009, 07:18:53 AM
He seemed more instinctual if anything. Not exactly conscious to the degree most other reploids, but enough to follow orders without hesitation. And to maintain track of said orders.