Acid · 14912

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #25 on: June 14, 2009, 05:11:55 AM
I have the "Deceived" trailer faved.  The animation is very nice.  

And in some ways, I hafta agree that there have been a number of EU stories that have been more interesting than G-canon.  Judging by my current collection of books and comics...  Though, I personally could do without the Yuuzhan Vong.  I refuse to read Vector Prime.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 11:44:30 AM
From what I've been reading so far, all the stuff that's after Return of the Jedi is kinda meh, especially the stuff where Luke and his buddies are all already over 60 years old and still look like they're in their late 20s (Mara Jade WTFTW), though the Trawn Trilogy certainly was nice. EU Book wise, I like the Old Republic stuff, especially the Darth Bane novels, these are awesome. There needs to be more like that, I want novels for the Mandalorian Wars. Cannot wait for Dynasty of Evil. In the meantime I started reading those Republic Commando books.

So Quickie, what do you think, that kinda Darth Vader-ish Sith Lord in the Deceived Trailer, do you think that's the Sith Emperor? From the info we've got, it's said the guy has been around for a couple of centuries and this guy looks exactly like that. As cool as all that stuff is, it's also a little sad because that means Revan failed.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 12:24:28 PM
I don't think they'll make Revan fail.
Instead, that old guy wil be some new, never seen Sith Lord.

That's what I hope.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 12:29:32 PM
I don't think they'll make Revan fail.

He went to the Unknown Regions after his memories came back and according to Kreia, he did go there to stop the True Sith. Seeing as the True Sith invaded the Republic 300 years later, I'd call that a failure. Well, 300 years from then, he's dead anyway.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #29 on: June 15, 2009, 05:21:13 AM
Many assume that the unidentified Sith is Angral, and a number of anonymous users have been adding that to the corresponding articles, but without a source.  Until then we have him labeled as "Unidentified Sith (Sacking of Coruscant)".  It could be Angral, it could be the Sith Emperor, but we're not sure and are awaiting an official source.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: June 15, 2009, 04:00:42 PM
Well, Angral seems hardly appropriate because of the facial differences. Plus, didn't that guy appear on Coruscant while the invasion was going on? This unidentified Sith however, made his move before the actual invasion forces appeared.

And huh, Samus Aran crossed Dimensions and became a Mandalorian eh?

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: June 15, 2009, 08:48:21 PM
[tornado fang] YEAH!

Oh [parasitic bomb], Sigma is Sith!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: June 19, 2009, 02:05:47 PM
He lacks to buttchin to be Sigma!

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #33 on: June 19, 2009, 07:54:23 PM
He actually has an artificial one, that does not matter!

Oh, anyone remember that Naboo/Gungan party game? anyone?

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: June 20, 2009, 03:16:31 AM
He lacks to buttchin to be Sigma!
Seriously, just give him a chin divet (he'll get it after getting force punch in the chin or something) and the eyeliner. Its Sigma.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #35 on: June 21, 2009, 05:33:41 AM
He actually has an artificial one, that does not matter!

Oh, anyone remember that Naboo/Gungan party game? anyone?

The closest thing I can think of off-hand without going through an exhaustive search is The Gungan Frontier, but that was a world-building sim game.  There was also Super Bombad Racing.  Other than that, I don't recall a party game.  Lemme check the Wook...

Hm... I'm looking at games that were released around the time that Phantom Menace was released, and so far, I'm not finding anything.  There were several podracing games, though, and a few children's games.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #36 on: June 25, 2009, 11:30:33 PM
Akward. I seem to be the only one who knows of this game, which it takes place right after Episode 1 and they celebrate their victory with a party game. Forgot the title, but Player 1 seems to control a Naboo speeder, and Player 2 controls a Gungan Steed in some race to the finish if I recall. And It's a SW1 Party game too, in the vien of Mario Party.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #37 on: June 26, 2009, 04:32:40 AM
I just ran it by people on #wookieepedia and they said it sounds like either Super Bombad Racing or Demolition.  Other than that, nothing's clicking. 

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #38 on: June 26, 2009, 04:09:39 PM
Hit me up on a screenshot to confirm it, I don't want to be the only guy with memory of it.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #39 on: May 21, 2010, 10:22:02 AM
Super Bombad Racing
Star Wars: Demolition

Do you happen to know what year it would've been released? 

Posted on: June 28, 2009, 06:53:52 AM
Thirty years ago to this day, Empire Strikes Back was released in theatres, and it became one of the most beloved of the Star Wars films.  From the frozen wastelands of Hoth to the slimy mudholes of Dagobah, to the high-flying Cloud City, we journeyed with the Rebel Alliance as the Empire tightened their grip, forcing the ragged band to eventually flee the galaxy.  Friends were lost, trusts were betrayed, new allies gained, new enemies made, and new secrets revealed. 

I loved the Empire Strikes Back.  From the battle of Hoth, to the chase through the asteroid belt, to the skirmish in Cloud City, to Luke's training on Dagobah, and I reluctantly admit, to when Boba Fett was actually a cool and mysterious talking piece of background.  When I was a kid, the AT-ATs trudging through the snow were astounding and the wampa scared the [parasitic bomb] outta me.  It's hard to believe that it's been thirty years already.

So, what are your fond memories of ESB?  Have any plans to celebrate its 30th anniversary?  In between packing, I'm gonna try and squeeze in time to pop in the DVD and watch me some stop-motion goodness.  The movement on the AT-ATs are still gorgeous.  Seriously, no CG will ever compare.  Ever.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #40 on: May 21, 2010, 10:38:48 AM
Umm... I remember watching it on VHS in my mom's room once on a TV/VCR combo not too long before we moved out of that house. I'd seen it before, but I remember that distinctly.

And of course, the scene that, to this day, made Lando everyone's favorite douche. Next to Dr. Light, of course. :D

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: May 21, 2010, 12:54:38 PM
So the legendary lines were spoken 30 years ago? Good to know. I think that I´m going to rewatch it..

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #42 on: May 21, 2010, 12:59:20 PM
Reposted here for great justice.
http://www.biglionmusic.com/music/arrangements/other-arrangements/star-wars

Once again, I apologize for what you may find therein.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: May 21, 2010, 07:45:14 PM
I shall probably re-watch this tonight.  Easily ESB was my favorite Star Wars movie.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: May 21, 2010, 09:46:57 PM
ESB was my first Star Wars movie, I think. I love it so much, really. The music, everything.

Also, they released a book called Republic Commando - Order 66 here in Poland. Is it good? Is it worth buying? Altough, I ordered Geass Vol.3 now, I can do it at later time, when the sequel Imperial Commando(or something like that) gets released.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #45 on: May 22, 2010, 05:46:56 AM
Honestly, the Republic Commando novels tended to stink, so I'd save the money for a better book.

Like Death Troopers.  That one was great.