Light and Wily

CyberXIII · 11321

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfic and Rant account
on: June 03, 2009, 09:05:19 PM
If both doctors saw what the condition of the world in the Zero series, what would be their reactions?

What color is my heart, Snively...?

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=23112
Click here to find a site with loads of soundtracks available.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 09:20:33 PM
They would go "WTF" and all that jazz, after that the Rockman series won't exist.. or just fast foward into the ZX series for "paradise".

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 10:43:53 PM
Light would angst and wonder if it was really Wilys fault, Wily wouldn't care because it's way past his lifetime - so nothing he would ever rule anyway - and have ambivalent feelings about his masterwork being beaten by a copy of itself, showing that the mind (which he didn't have as much hand in) is stronger than the body.
Or hm, I suppose he'd know that the Virus was a major cause of the world becoming such a dusty place...

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 10:47:32 PM
They would probably continue being dead.

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
  • DWII's Lab Expirement Verifier
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 11:09:20 PM
Dr light would be "WTF, MegaMan, they need your help!"

Dr.Wily would say "WTF, this isn't the world domination plan I had..."

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!!~ "

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting...Burning...FINGER!!!~"
-----
That one Nun...

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfic and Rant account
Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 11:18:48 PM
They would probably continue being dead.

I'm not going to dignify this with a real response....

What color is my heart, Snively...?

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=23112
Click here to find a site with loads of soundtracks available.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 12:57:02 AM
Yet you did.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 01:06:06 AM
Dr. Light: "**** IT, I SHOULD HAVE PUT A PADLOCK ON X'S ****ING CAPSULE! 30 YEARS, PEOPLE; READ! GAH!"

Dr. Wily: "Whaddya mean my ultimate evil creation is saving the world?! I really am a failure!!!"

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 06:52:04 PM
Dr. Light: "**** IT, I SHOULD HAVE PUT A PADLOCK ON X'S ****ING CAPSULE! 30 YEARS, PEOPLE; READ! GAH!"

Except, 30 years did pass. It was more like 100.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 06:59:46 PM
Yet, the X series took place right after X's activation, and it was before 30 years, which triggered the Zero series after (The Zero series do seem to take place after the GB X games, as well as the GB X games taking place after the Classic GB games).

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 07:39:22 PM
I think he meant that it should be 30+ years for EVERY reploid that isn't an exact duplicate.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 09:09:26 PM
I think Wily would be rather proud that Zero is so perfect that he can even beat himself. while in a copy body. Also that His creation has outlived Lights, and that it killed a copy of Lights. I think it wold somewhat satisfy his ego a bit. hed probably be gloating in Lights face about it, and suddenly, lights with Cyber X building him a new body while Wily tantrums about it.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 09:20:16 PM
I think he meant that it should be 30+ years for EVERY reploid that isn't an exact duplicate.

30 years were required to confirm the concept of worrying. X proved it works, therefore there should have been no danger in copying X.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 09:25:24 PM
But then it kinda led him to enternal suffering, since he couldn't make up his mind during those years in the X series.

And like Rockman himself, X was also programmed with a sense of justice before he was sealed away. Wily only programmed Zero to be the exact oppisite, yet Zero came into contact with Sigma, which already had a dark heart to begin with, so Zero just re-introduced the dark wishes of man during those years which was forgotten at the time VIA "the virus".

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 09:40:11 PM
*in b4 5 page derail*

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 09:44:39 PM
What I am trying to say, during that period of time, there was never really any evil. it was by the time Cain built Sigma and X was reactivated, he reintroduced evil after the battle with Zero.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 12:55:42 AM
30 years were required to confirm the concept of worrying. X proved it works, therefore there should have been no danger in copying X.
All the intro says is that it's for testing his systems. It's very possible - indeed, even likely, if Light knew what he was doing - that it tested how he would react to situations, how he behaves morally if you will, all in order to prevent (what we now know as) maverick behaviour.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 05:00:53 PM
The act of worrying in “X” marks a new epoch in robotics and is the first time this experiment has succeeded, but if it extends to matters that by their nature must not be questioned, it would be disastrous. In the worst case, if a robot were to harm humans deliberately, humankind would tremble with fear the like of which was unknown even in the days of the “Dr. Wily” incidents…

I conclude that “X” is an extremely dangerous being. If I am to send “X” out into the world, he must have a verification period of 30 years at the least. However, I do not have that long to live, and regrettably there is no one who understands all my research to carry it on for me.

Therefore I seal “X” here. If by some chance there is someone who discovers this capsule, as long as “X’s” thinking has not been fully analyzed, please leave him untouched. “X” is a robot laden with both unlimited possibility and unlimited danger…

Sep. 18 AD20XX
T. Right

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 07:07:17 PM
Well?
Doesn't look like it confirms either idea...

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 07:15:27 PM
And I'm pretty sure IHX was attempting to retcon it to where X was discovered before the necessary time. If it's still the same hundred year timespan, I can't really see where Capcom is putting the Maverick virus blame on X, especially when Dr. Wily refers to a 'second project' when glancing at Zero's blueprints in PF2.

I didn't play or read a whole lot on IHX, though.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 08:27:43 PM
Well?
Doesn't look like it confirms either idea...

Reading comprehension.

Worrying is a thought process that makes X dangerous. Because X is dangerous unless his thinking is fully analyzed, he has sealed him for 30 years.

Inafune has stated the series to be more than 100 years later and the manual says all indicators on the capsule were green, therefor it is save to open.

Where Cain's mistake lies was altering Right's worrying concept because he could not quite make it work.

I can't really see where Capcom is putting the Maverick virus blame on X,

They never did blame the Virus on X and Right. The Virus comes from Zero and Wily. What you're talking about is just taking what MMZOCW says out of context. MMZOCW establishes Sigma Virus' true essence is X's suffering circuit which causes worrying. They never say how or why. All the other sources establish that Sigma Virus' true essence is more than likely making Repliroid into an irregular.

The way it does this is by making use of a weakness that all Repliroids have by design. Repliroid design is based on X. X's way of thinking was incorrectly implemented in all Repliroids. Right's warnings was not about replications of X, it was about X himself. But with X himself worrying actually works so well that he's special. X's 30 year period was up, it's the other Repliroids that are improperly replicating that.

And I'm pretty sure IHX was attempting to retcon it to where X was discovered before the necessary time. If it's still the same hundred year timespan,

IHX actually has Right admitting he doesn't quite know when X will be released, he's merely expecting a far off future because the world itself is not yet ready to accept X.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 08:47:38 PM
Wouldn´t it have been Sigma and Wily´s Virus, all that tragedy would never had happened.

Just a little question by the way: Are the X-Bioroids and the Reploids from the Zero and ZXA Series closer to to Xs mental capabilities than the X Series Reploids?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: June 05, 2009, 10:29:36 PM
Reading comprehension.

Worrying is a thought process that makes X dangerous. Because X is dangerous unless his thinking is fully analyzed, he has sealed him for 30 years.

Inafune has stated the series to be more than 100 years later and the manual says all indicators on the capsule were green, therefor it is save to open.

Where Cain's mistake lies was altering Right's worrying concept because he could not quite make it work.
Whoa, manners, Zan. Rudeness doesn't become you.

It would be clear as crystal to me as well if it outright said the worrying circuit (or system, or somesuch), but it says the act of worrying, which could just as well be personality-based. And as such, need to be tested on an individual basis.

...But in retrospect, it would be silly to design a system for sentient robots that had to be tested for many years every time a new one was made, so I'll give in. Anything else would be foolish.

EDIT: On second thought, too intangible. Minutes after waking up today I thought "wait, but the ACT OF WORRYING could reasonably be the name of the system... DERP"
* Align backpedals furiously
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 11:57:50 PM by Align »