Protodude's Ramblings: Gearing Up for E3

Protodude · 7872

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
on: May 30, 2009, 09:05:02 AM
In preparation for E3 2009 (June 2nd-the 4th), Capcom is touting a super secret mystery title that will make its grand debut at the show. Is it related to the Blue Bomber? Feel free to speculate on the following clues left by Capcom's Twitter:

- It is a new entry in an existing franchise (IP), not a remake.
- The game is, quote, "a title fans have been waiting for"
- It is an action game
- developed by Capcom
- the franchise this game belongs to has "never appeared on this hardware." ("this hardware" seems to imply a console exclusive)

I'm praying for a DASH 3, but the latter tidbit blows that hope completely as the RM franchise has appeared on every current gen console thus far. We'll know for sure on Tuesday morning, June 2nd.

In other news:

Funimation Gets Ruby Spears, Upon a Star Cartoons?

According to a fellow tipster, a Funimation Entertainment rep at Anime Boston announced the company acquired the rights to re-distribute the Mega Man RS cartoon and the Upon a Star OVA. Both shows were previously licensed to ADV Films.

Through Funi, the titles will receive the online streaming treatment as well as new DVD releases in late 2010.

Apparently, Funimation acquired the rights to several ADV properties over the last year, a possible indication that the company is planning on an eventual buy-out of ADV as a whole. The addition of the RS cartoon and the Upon a Star series further fuels that possibility.

Funi has yet to announce such plans via press release.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 09:07:03 AM
Funimation Gets Ruby Spears, Upon a Star Cartoons?

According to a fellow tipster, a Funimation Entertainment rep at Anime Boston announced the company acquired the rights to re-distribute the Mega Man RS cartoon and the Upon a Star OVA. Both shows were previously licensed to ADV Films.

Through Funi, the titles will receive the online streaming treatment as well as new DVD releases in late 2010.
I am very happy at this news, giving me a chance to watch RS-Megaman... :3

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 09:09:00 AM
That's great news about the Super Fighting Robot show becoming available again, since Volume 2 of that series became super rare and expensive.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 12:27:32 PM
Capcom is a bunch of teasers.

I hope their show is airing on day 1.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 05:26:58 PM
That's great news about the Super Fighting Robot show becoming available again, since Volume 2 of that series became super rare and expensive.

I do remember it, back on the Fox Kids days when it aired on ABC. It was fun.
Soo... what's this mystery title eh? I'm looking foward to this. I bet it's Rockman X: Girl's Night Out.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 05:53:35 PM
Okami!

Well, maybe not.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 09:08:30 PM
In preparation for E3 2009 (June 2nd-the 4th), Capcom is touting a super secret mystery title that will make its grand debut at the show. Is it related to the Blue Bomber? Feel free to speculate on the following clues left by Capcom's Twitter:

- It is a new entry in an existing franchise (IP), not a remake.
- The game is, quote, "a title fans have been waiting for"
- It is an action game
- developed by Capcom
- the franchise this game belongs to has "never appeared on this hardware." ("this hardware" seems to imply a console exclusive)

I'm praying for a DASH 3, but the latter tidbit blows that hope completely as the RM franchise has appeared on every current gen console thus far. We'll know for sure on Tuesday morning, June 2nd.

Technically, you could interpret "never appeared on this hardware" as the current generation of systems. Legends appeared only on the Playstation 1 and Portable, so it's quite possible that a DASH 3 could show up on the Wii. It could also be the reviving of the Mega Man battle whatever game that was canceled so long ago.

It could also be a Ghosts 'n Goblins game since the last time we saw Arthur was on the PSP and, what, SNES before that? It could be a Darkstalkers game as well, but I highly doubt it since Capcom has seemed to have dubbed the Darkstalkers series as their Cameo franchise, with more game series appearances than games themselves (You've got like three or four Darkstalkers games, and like six cross-over titles, MvC, CvSNK, Cross-Edge, TvC, NxC, and even Capcom's own inter-series cross-over game).

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 09:09:09 PM
DEMON'S CREST

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 09:20:03 PM
I am excited. It's easy to think for us Mega Man fans that it could either be Legends 3 or X9, but what else could it be?

Strider is a choice, as well as Viewtiful Joe 3(With a cliff hanger like that in part 2), but VJ 3 is not what every Capcom fan is waiting for I think.

What about Breath of Fire? Or Marvel VS Capcom 3? Clock Tower?

Flok's favorites:

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 09:31:11 PM
In short, it's 50/50 that it's something I really want or something I won't even remember after the initial announcement.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 12:00:12 AM
Technically, you could interpret "never appeared on this hardware" as the current generation of systems. Legends appeared only on the Playstation 1 and Portable, so it's quite possible that a DASH 3 could show up on the Wii. It could also be the reviving of the Mega Man battle whatever game that was canceled so long ago.
I thought the question was whether "franchise" refers to just Rockman Dash or all Rockman series as a whole.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 12:39:38 AM
the speculation about Funimation buying out ADV is incorrect. ADV's former Japanese partner decided a year or so ago to partner with Funimation instead, taking a large chunk of ADV's catalog with them. sure to the casual bystander it looks like Funi is creating a monopoly, and losing Gurren Lagann was a huge blow to ADV, but ADV is still its own company and is still running. it has a new partner, and they're releasing new titles slowly but surely, as well as aquiring a couple abandoned Geneon licenses such as Mahoromatic and The Anime Called "Tsukihime."

concerning the mystery game, it's possible that a Mega Man title could still show up on any of the current gen consoles. perhaps MM9 doesn't rule out a retail Classic game. another X or Ryuusei game is certainly possible. Dash 3 might not appear on the Wii considering Trigger is in TatsuCap. which is a shame, cause the RE4Wii controls would work great for Legends.

however, i'm pretty sure it won't be a Mega Man game. Viewtiful Joe i don't see getting a comeback either. and there's no way MvC3 can happen until the Marvel license is back up for grabs. my guess is that the mystery game is an Onimusha title. i personally haven't been waiting for it. i just don't give a damn about the series. but i'm sure some people want to see it.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
    • Super Justin: The Blog
Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 10:29:40 PM
OMG >8|

I wanna see that Rockman Anime!!! >0<
 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Offline Trang

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 04:33:32 AM
Sorry for asking but what happened in E3?? Wasn't it to happen june 2nd?

Offline Thron

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 08:46:18 PM
It seems the mystery was solved on June 2nd during Sony's press conference, when Resident Evil Portable was announced

- It is a new entry in an existing franchise (IP), not a remake.  <- yes, it was stated that is a new entry in the RE universe
- The game is, quote, "a title fans have been waiting for"        <- yes, a lot of people claimed for a RE4 port
- It is an action game                                                        <- yes, after RE4 and specially with RE5 this franchise has become an action game more than horror survival
- developed by Capcom                                                      <- yes, of course
- the franchise this game belongs to has "never appeared on this hardware." ("this hardware" seems to imply a console exclusive) <- yes, it had never appeared on PSP before

Offline Trang

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 10:18:29 PM
So... No ZX? No Megaman?

Offline Thron

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 11:21:16 PM
Sadly only Megaman Star Force 3  :'(

I'm more excited with the "Megaman X Corrupted" fan game than with any new Rockman from CAPCOM

Offline Trang

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 10:41:06 PM
LoL what's that?

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 10:43:54 PM
I think it's some fan game made by some member, I wonder, how's that cellphone game gonna get here in the USA?

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: June 06, 2009, 01:06:03 AM
I wonder, how's that cellphone game gonna get here in the USA?
[spoiler]it won't[/spoiler]

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 05:03:32 AM

I'm watching you all. Always watching.