The Z Buster

Gotham Ranger · 28516

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: July 23, 2009, 01:20:02 AM
Saber spam works for me.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #151 on: July 23, 2009, 03:02:07 PM
You're using Ground Dash on him, aren't you?  Attacking Sigma with something else doesn't knock him down nearly so often.  With the Z-Buster, or X's Overdrive, he's dead in seconds, and any damage you take is minimal.  I've done both a zillion times on Xtreme mode.
Been too long since I played to say for sure.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: July 23, 2009, 11:30:17 PM
Saber+dash+turbo button works for Siggy. Works for any boss (short of Nightmare Mother and Gate) actually.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #153 on: July 24, 2009, 03:23:17 AM
Get equipped with actual attacks instead of physics exploits.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: July 24, 2009, 03:36:20 AM
Its an attack in my book.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #155 on: July 24, 2009, 11:31:21 AM
Really, killing the second form in two saber slashes might also be seen as an exploit as attacks normally don't ignore the damage shield like it wasn't there.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: July 24, 2009, 02:20:38 PM
*shrug* :\
probably

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #157 on: July 24, 2009, 07:55:20 PM
Indeed.  It's just taking advantage of the fact that the X-series generally doesn't apply selective damage barriers the way that Inti does in Z2 onwards, and using dash to reset your combo.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)