Mod My Rockman! *Spoilers*

Police Girl · 283497

Poll

Should I even bother continuing with the Kallen Mod? (Not like it matters anymore but I'll leave this open for shits in giggles.)

Yes
5 (14.3%)
I guess
3 (8.6%)
I don't give a [parasitic bomb]
4 (11.4%)
If you want to...
6 (17.1%)
Hell no.
3 (8.6%)
DO IT FOR KALLEN!! (holy [parasitic bomb] why did this get so many votes)
14 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #275 on: July 31, 2009, 03:28:17 AM
Awesome stuff, LC - you know your spriting. XD And speaking of mod videos...

This is from an old mod of mine I did before my computer got wiped. The MM9 boss conversions are by KirbyPink, and I don't remember anything else to credit since it's been so long. =/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhZBT6O-z8s[/youtube]

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Lizardcommando's Youtube Page
Reply #276 on: July 31, 2009, 03:54:17 AM
Thanks man :). Just wait until you see my video of that Kallen Stadtfeld mod I made along with Kallen (I can't remember his original username) who helped recolor the weapon sprites and made the new arm sprite for the Guren Mark 2 Armor.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #277 on: July 31, 2009, 03:56:50 AM
Yeah, i've been watching the progress of that. You sprite way better than I ever can. And his original username was RMZX.EXE, before his (creepy) obsession with Kallen came into play.  -_-

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #278 on: July 31, 2009, 07:17:47 AM
But... but... Kallen IS awesome!  :D

...But then again, I've always had a thing for redheads in general.

Posted on: July 30, 2009, 08:06:52 PM
Oh hey! Speaking of Kallen... Here's the video of that mod in action! There's some leftover stuff from my Maverick Hunter EVA mod, but you can just ignore it though if you want. Heh.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEv-zdp8BZw[/youtube]

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #279 on: August 02, 2009, 02:30:02 AM
How the hell did you change the music? I keep trying to put some Geass stuff in, but it never pops up, just the previous song repeated.

Yeah, i've been watching the progress of that. You sprite way better than I ever can. And his original username was RMZX.EXE, before his (creepy) obsession with Kallen came into play.  -_-

I've been this way for quite a while, I was keeping it under wraps until recently.

Besides... Its not like I ASKED to have my name changed... It was just changed...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 05:51:33 AM by Kallen »

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #280 on: August 02, 2009, 02:42:52 AM
I'm tempted to get back onto my mod, but I gave up since I needed like 5 sprites and I don't think I got word from the person who was doing those five in enough time.

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #281 on: August 02, 2009, 04:11:23 AM
How the hell did you change the music? I keep trying to put some Geass stuff in, but it never pops up, just the previous song repeated.

Oh yeah, the music... Just download some PTTUNE files and rename the same as whatever song you want to replace. For example, you have a PTTUNE version of Storm Eagle's stage music and you want to use that for Cloud Man's stage, rename that Storm Eagle PTTUNE file to cloud.pttune and then place that into the BGM folder.

I think this is the link with the PTTUNE songs. Hopefully, the link still works.

http://forum.rockmanpm.com/index.php?topic=250.50;msg=20960

Offline KickHopper

• Net Navi
  • Kamen Rider
    • View Profile
Reply #282 on: August 07, 2009, 05:40:03 AM
To everyone having trouble replacing the music, despite having pxtone and saving over the original files, I do have the solution. Check the pxtone.dll file in the main folder of Rockman 7 FC. Make sure it's the same version as the pxtone.dll file in your pxtone program folder. If it's not, copy the pxtone.dll file from your pxtone program folder and replace the pxtone.dll file in Rockman 7 FC. Once you replace it with the current version, you can successfully replace the pttune files in the bgm folder and it will play in the game.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #283 on: August 07, 2009, 05:46:07 AM
I'm tempted to get back onto my mod, but I gave up since I needed like 5 sprites and I don't think I got word from the person who was doing those five in enough time.

Eh, I can do quite a job at accurate copy & paste. And in the video I posted above, I had to actually scratch quite afew sprites since some were not supportive of my alterations. I can try and lend a hand.  :\

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #284 on: August 07, 2009, 06:14:37 PM
To everyone having trouble replacing the music, despite having pxtone and saving over the original files, I do have the solution. Check the pxtone.dll file in the main folder of Rockman 7 FC. Make sure it's the same version as the pxtone.dll file in your pxtone program folder. If it's not, copy the pxtone.dll file from your pxtone program folder and replace the pxtone.dll file in Rockman 7 FC. Once you replace it with the current version, you can successfully replace the pttune files in the bgm folder and it will play in the game.

Huh, didn't know that. Tested it and it works, Nice going.  owob

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #285 on: August 07, 2009, 06:17:13 PM
Isnt it easier to simply convert the Pxtone file to a Pttune file...?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #286 on: August 08, 2009, 01:35:04 AM
Oh yeah, the music... Just download some PTTUNE files and rename the same as whatever song you want to replace. For example, you have a PTTUNE version of Storm Eagle's stage music and you want to use that for Cloud Man's stage, rename that Storm Eagle PTTUNE file to cloud.pttune and then place that into the BGM folder.

I think this is the link with the PTTUNE songs. Hopefully, the link still works.

http://forum.rockmanpm.com/index.php?topic=250.50;msg=20960
That reminds me, I can't find that song anymore.... :(

Vixyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy~

Offline KickHopper

• Net Navi
  • Kamen Rider
    • View Profile
Reply #287 on: August 08, 2009, 05:03:49 PM
Isnt it easier to simply convert the Pxtone file to a Pttune file...?
You missed the whole point. I'm talking about the dll file in the main folder of Rockman 7 FC. Not the pttune files in the bgm folder. pxtone.dll determines what version the game takes. Which means if you have the current version of pxtone, if you save over the pttune files in the bgm folder with it, they won't be read. But all you have to do is replace the pxtone.dll file in Rockman 7 FC to the one provided with the pxtone program you have, and you're good to go.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #288 on: August 12, 2009, 06:41:48 AM
I think I have what I like to call a temporary tracklist for my mod. (EDITED TO CONCIDE WITH CURRENT MUSIC)

Opening Part 1- Happy Music- Code Geass DS
Opening Part 2- Title screen from Code Geass (DS)
Title Screen- COLORS (Severly Shortened)
Password Screen- Game Over- Code Geass (DS)
Stage Select- Mission Select- Code Geass (DS)
Slash Man's Stage- Chasing the Cat/Rolo Card Game- Code Geass/Code Geass R2 (DS)
Freeze Man's Stage- Sped up version of Platinum Soul (Instrumental) From 4th Sound Drama
Junk Man's Stage- Guren- Code Geass R2 OST2
Cloud Man's Stage- WORLD END (Instrumental)- WORLD END
Burst Man's Stage- Deeply Fast- Code Geass R2 OST1
Spring Man's Stage- Cheese (R2 OST2) and School Festival (OST2)
Shade Man's Stage (Normal)- Siegfried- Code Geass R2 OST1
Shade Man's Stage (Alt.)- The Knight- Code Geass R2 OST1
Turbo Man's Stage- ONE MORE CHANCE (Instrumental)- R2 4th Sound Drama (Doesn't really fit well... but I was having issues...)
Stage Selected- That tune that plays in the beginning of the 1st half of R2 (I need to find that)
Weapon Get- Previous Notice- Code Geass OST 2
Wily Stage Map- The Tune Heard in the 2nd half of R2 At the title of the episode (I need to find it as well)
Wily Stage 1- Avalon- Code Geass OST2
Wily Stage 2-A blend of the Battlefield theme (From Geass DS) and the Knightmare theme from OST 1
Wily Stage 3- Showdown- Code Geass R2 OST2
Wily Stage 4- Normal Battle Theme - Geass DS
Forte/Bass Battle- Panic Music- Geass DS
Super Forte/Bass Battle- State of Emergency- Code Geass OST 2
Boss Battle- Boss Battle-Geass DS
Wily Stage Battle- Big Boss Battle-Geass DS
Final Boss- Final Boss-Geass DS
Ending Theme- Varies between versions, my original version (Lelouch version) gets Mosaic Kakera. The Kallen version me and lizard worked on will have "Platinum Soul" from the 4th Sound Drama disc.

I would appreciate the music more if I had something to make the songs NES style without making them MIDI.... >_<

Btw, lizard... can you make a Kallen head for the ending animations? I'm trying to make them and I kinda realized I can't make hair... So far I have one part done, all it looks like is Rockman wearing Kallens clothing... X(
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 06:13:35 AM by Kallen »

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #289 on: August 12, 2009, 08:06:25 AM
If it's just the head, I'll see what I can do. I'm not that great drawing the body.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #290 on: August 12, 2009, 08:08:33 AM
Thats fine, I'm doing the body.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #291 on: August 12, 2009, 08:10:12 AM
Bleh, editing that specific sprite set was a pain, whether it was the angle or the shading I don't remember. I ended up completely replacing it with scratch sprites in that Crimson mod.  :\

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #292 on: August 12, 2009, 08:42:57 AM
Rocks Legs and arms are too bulbous to really work with, you need to slim them down. but most of the time it looks like somebody cut a chunk of him off...

I had around 2-4 poses done, but due to my stupid [tornado fang]ing common sense, I lost one of those poses forever... >_<

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #293 on: August 12, 2009, 09:04:12 AM
Copy, paste, flip horizontal. Once you get half of the walking sprites done, just flip them and you'll finish twice as fast.  :\

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #294 on: August 12, 2009, 09:28:27 AM
ALWAYS BET ON DUKE

Yes, i'm this bored.

EDIT: Crap, I can't make it into a double-post merge.  :|

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #295 on: August 12, 2009, 09:35:43 AM
XD, thats the best mod yet.

Anyway, finished the ending sprites (Minus the head/hair). I think I outdid myself, I seem to get better at this everyday...

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #296 on: August 12, 2009, 09:42:17 AM
Good, good. Nice work editting something like that. I understand color limitations, though, but the foot shading makes it look like it's walking backwards.

Also, in referral to the backwards-like walking; creepy exocist-neck "raepface" Rock scares me.  :o

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #297 on: August 12, 2009, 09:44:19 AM
I [tornado fang]ing hate those color limitations, I once tried to break them and put my image back to how it was.... screwed up the graphics on Weapon Select.

Speaking of which.... I need to make some for that too... Damnit!

I should test my sprites to see if they work... I modded my game so my weapons are super powerful and I'm immortal. Just so I can test in peace.

also, woot 2100 posts!

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #298 on: August 12, 2009, 09:55:01 AM
Bleh, i've lost interest in extensive modding. I'm here to help anyone to the best of my abilities if they need it though.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #299 on: August 12, 2009, 10:04:17 AM
As a joke in my game, Slash man is now Suzaku... Because if you use the Geass Canceller on him, he dies in one hit. Take that, Live Command! Now I need to modify his sprites....

EDIT: The ending sprites look fine from what I can tell, the walking is a little odd looking, but its fine....