• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #900 on: February 06, 2010, 04:40:06 AM
Gold Lightan vs. Yami.

What.  The.  F*@#!?!

Is it even POSSIBLE to avoid the hand's super-grab when you jump/dash slower than continental drift?  I had to button mash my way through (after several Continue screens).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #901 on: February 06, 2010, 04:51:49 AM
Anyone up for matches?

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #902 on: February 06, 2010, 05:02:23 AM
Gold Lightan vs. Yami.

What.  The.  F*@#!?!

Is it even POSSIBLE to avoid the hand's super-grab when you jump/dash slower than continental drift?  I had to button mash my way through (after several Continue screens).

Nope.  My advice is just to constantly do his stomp move over and over again.

Offline ST Jestah

• Procastinator Extraordinair
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Just chilling in the Nexus.
    • View Profile
Reply #903 on: February 06, 2010, 06:01:41 AM
Gold Lightan vs. Yami.

What.  The.  F*@#!?!

^This

Personally, I found fighting Yami with the Golden Refrigerator easier than PTX-40-something-or-other. Most of his attacks are faster than the latter mentioned IMO.That and for some reason the commands for the subweapons didn't work for the first few fights.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #904 on: February 06, 2010, 06:07:40 AM

or *block*, forward+M, *block*m forward+M, *block*, forward+M, etc.

worked like a charm for me. 

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #905 on: February 06, 2010, 06:44:47 AM
I remember losing to Yami with Lightan WAY more often than I should've in the last game, and that was in the easier levels >_>

So, would you guys say Lightan got much better, Yami got much worse, or a bit of both?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #906 on: February 06, 2010, 07:01:41 AM
Gold Lightan vs. Yami.

What.  The.  F*@#!?!

You CAN Mega Crush out of it, in the beginning parts of the grab, if you have the meter to do so. And you should, it's not like you have a use for Lightan's supers in this fight any way.

You still lose a bit of life in the exchange, but the loss that comes from bursting is, of course, MUCH preferable to getting deadly hand lasers. 8D

Beyond that, follow the advice above. Use Baroque as a means to cancel out of whiffs, if it helps.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #907 on: February 06, 2010, 05:15:45 PM
I honestly had an easier time as PTX.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #908 on: February 07, 2010, 12:33:19 AM
I got most of the gameplay down now, but I'm still having some trouble with some things. For one, what do Baroque combos do and how do you get two supers going at the same time? I know you can do a 'chain' and go from one super to another, but I also know you can do each characters super at the same time, and I can't get it done. I did what the instruction manual said but nothing's happening.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #909 on: February 07, 2010, 12:49:25 AM
I got most of the gameplay down now, but I'm still having some trouble with some things. For one, what do Baroque combos do and how do you get two supers going at the same time? I know you can do a 'chain' and go from one super to another, but I also know you can do each characters super at the same time, and I can't get it done. I did what the instruction manual said but nothing's happening.

Baroque = Basically, a more streamlined "Roman Cancel" (if you're familiar with Guilty Gear terms).

In other words, as you get hit, you'll have red life that you can choose to either tag out so you can get that health back, or you can do Baroque (Any Attack Button plus the Partner Button), and then you'll be able to cancel whatever move you did into a neutral stance.

One hand, it's great to use as a means to CYA. You whiffed a move, and set yourself up for retaliation? Baroque and make it so you can cancel it and block.
The other, and much more popular means, is a way to extend a combo. Even the basic motion of attacking going from weak->mid->strong, will end normally with the strong attack. However, with Baroque, you can extend the combo normally.

It's one of the most advanced, yet most useful things you'll have at your disposal in this game. Learn to use it properly, and you're on your way! ^_^

As for "double supers"? Trick there is to have at least 3 levels of meter. Do any one of your active characters Level One supers, and then IMMEDIATELY press the Partner button. If you did correctly, your partner should appear with you, and then do a corresponding super.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #910 on: February 07, 2010, 02:28:00 AM
Alright, thanks Ben. Once I get the hang of using those two (or at least Baroque, maybe advanced guard if I can get the timing and buttons right), I'll probably post up my WiFi. I got aerial combos down tight, and with luck I can combine a string I have in mind using Baroque to deal some hurt.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #911 on: February 07, 2010, 03:08:41 AM
You CAN Mega Crush out of it, in the beginning parts of the grab, if you have the meter to do so. And you should, it's not like you have a use for Lightan's supers in this fight any way.

You still lose a bit of life in the exchange, but the loss that comes from bursting is, of course, MUCH preferable to getting deadly hand lasers. 8D

Beyond that, follow the advice above. Use Baroque as a means to cancel out of whiffs, if it helps.
I believe I mentioned that I did eventually button-mash my way through, but thanks for the info.  Mega Crash is something I keep forgetting about.  As for Baroque, I generally try to end my combos with something that has decent knockback, so I rarely need it in normal fights.  But I can see how for Lightan it would be saving grace.

Meh, I'd probably never remember Baroque in the heat of battle anyway.  You're talking to a guy who is still trying to not get his "Hadouken" and "Shoryuken" pad/stick movements mixed up, and that's without the dreaded online lag.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #912 on: February 07, 2010, 03:20:12 AM
I played it at a one game stop, it was a GRREAT! Game, as suspected. The fighting seemed simplistic, yet deep if you want to get into the combos. Though there are some spam sandwiches, like Saki and her dating sim origins (Look at her victory pose, LOOK AT IT!) But hey, I would buy it.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #913 on: February 07, 2010, 03:57:52 AM
TatsuCap GET! I look forward to kicking your asses after I actually get the chance to play :D

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #914 on: February 07, 2010, 03:58:19 AM
IT'S ON!

Offline pyromonki12

• Net Navi
  • Just Jump On It!
    • View Profile
Reply #915 on: February 07, 2010, 04:16:12 AM
So I got this game, and I decided to use V. Joe/ Joe the Condor as a team.

I call them "Double Joepardy." 8D .. *erm*

but I keep wondering, do people actually pull off those 70 hit combo-hell attacks in real fights? Has that happened to anyone of you?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #916 on: February 07, 2010, 04:44:34 AM
Does a double special between Trigger and Ryu count?

Offline pyromonki12

• Net Navi
  • Just Jump On It!
    • View Profile
Reply #917 on: February 07, 2010, 04:56:26 AM
I meant more like:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IhemokjGFw[/youtube]

Offline ST Jestah

• Procastinator Extraordinair
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Just chilling in the Nexus.
    • View Profile
Reply #918 on: February 07, 2010, 05:01:32 AM
Meh, I'd probably never remember Baroque in the heat of battle anyway.  You're talking to a guy who is still trying to not get his "Hadouken" and "Shoryuken" pad/stick movements mixed up, and that's without the dreaded online lag.
So I'm not the only one.

Right now I'm practicing with my main cast/choices/team, got my ass kicked most of the time on free online matches,(it was fun tough, at least I won a couple of matches...mostly by luck).

Will probably post my Friend Code when I'm able to properly use Baroques and Switching/Double Team Hyper Combos.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #919 on: February 07, 2010, 05:09:45 AM
I meant more like:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IhemokjGFw[/youtube]
sometimes. Also, cool. Finally I get to see T.Blade's true potential. I didnt know I could do that forward spinning slash!

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline pyromonki12

• Net Navi
  • Just Jump On It!
    • View Profile
Reply #920 on: February 07, 2010, 05:16:11 AM
crap! If I come across that, after I use my first mega crush I'm doomed.   ;O;

Hopefully I can master Variable Counter and the person slips up online.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #921 on: February 07, 2010, 06:06:30 AM
I fare pretty well online and I never Baroque.  My Trigger's pretty on point and he's great at using his buster to hunt for openings.  The Drill Arm's pretty crazy, as you can cancel into the super version on hit, in which case I use a cross-up charge shot at the end.  Good stuff!

My YouTube Channel

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #922 on: February 07, 2010, 06:58:59 AM
Anyone up for a match? Lets hope it doesn't lag though =/

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #923 on: February 07, 2010, 07:07:46 AM
I'm up for a match.  I'll see you on!

My YouTube Channel

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #924 on: February 07, 2010, 07:57:49 AM
GGs

The connection was better than I thought, but that slight lag was enough to mess up my execution at times x.x

Oh, and how'd you like that 100 hit combo =P