Protoman Blues · 34208

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #150 on: March 16, 2009, 08:55:27 AM
Y'know, I won't watch Transformers: Animated 'cause I think the animation bites and the style looks like crap.  I was told, however, that the writing for the show is really good.  While I enjoy a well-written show, and have put aside my bias towards the animation style to enjoy some similarly-animated shows, I can't seem to do that with Transformers. 

Why can't people put as much effort into the animation as they do to the writing?

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: March 16, 2009, 01:08:48 PM
I LOVED THAT SHOW

although the theme sounds like The Real Adventures Of Jonny Quest theme
to me it does

god i miss those shows owo 0v0 :'(
I miss does shows too!!!
I think Project Zeta is in my place last year, but it's dub in Arabic and it's gone now. :( There's a lot of old shows here, where I live right now... Even Megaman NT Warrior is in Arabic. No english subtitles... :|

Offline Crimson Lightning

• Hows the weather look today?
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Not too bad
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: March 17, 2009, 01:08:15 AM
 yknow what show I also miss?
Static Shock. That was a pretty cool show.
gee, I remember that one time where DC had a habit of making the shows crossover. Satic Shock crossed over with Batman, Superman, and Batman Beyond, Batman Beyond crossed with Zeta, technically Batman, and I think the "Future justice league" or something like that.
and Superman Crossed with Batman every once in a while.

ahhhh the good ol days...
i remember that show sometimes he flew on a trashcan lid then they changed to a piece of circular aluminum i think and thats how he flew sometimes
some of the bad guys were cool like one of them was called F-Stop and he had fire from his hands

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: March 17, 2009, 02:37:07 AM
I liked Static Shock, it felt very original and I could really find myself in those characters but one thing, why basketball esque superheroes? I wish I had read the comics.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #154 on: April 02, 2009, 07:29:47 AM
Hrm, while waiting for Clone Wars to come on, I decided to watch League of Super Evil.  I expected to see a cartoon about evildoers being evil but failing miserably and fighting second-string superheroes.  Basically what I've come to expect from Team Rocket, I expected the same from this show.  Needless to say, I was rather disappointed.  Yeah, there were some funny sequences, but overall, I feel the writers are not taking full advantage of the concept. 

I'm also trying to figure out what was used for the animation.  It looks like cell-shaded CG that was animated in Flash.  The renderer used is weird.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #155 on: April 02, 2009, 05:01:40 PM
Hrm, while waiting for Clone Wars to come on, I decided to watch League of Super Evil.  I expected to see a cartoon about evildoers being evil but failing miserably and fighting second-string superheroes.  Basically what I've come to expect from Team Rocket, I expected the same from this show.  Needless to say, I was rather disappointed.  Yeah, there were some funny sequences, but overall, I feel the writers are not taking full advantage of the concept. 

I'm also trying to figure out what was used for the animation.  It looks like cell-shaded CG that was animated in Flash.  The renderer used is weird.

Don't let the commercials get to you, then that would leave you in a bummer. Did the same thing with another cartoon, felt pretty dissapointed. Expect major improvements later on, as they do in the last second with the second-rate villans. Also, their initials are LOSE, and they do live up to the name (again, the show LOSEes to grab my attention). I can't seem to help it, but I think the guys who animate it are the same guys who did...

Dragon Booster. Yeah.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #156 on: November 03, 2009, 04:38:57 PM
Another childhood memory of mine. ^^

The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe (1979) Animated
01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10.

They used to show it over here, dubbed and everything. Anybody else remember it? o.o

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: November 03, 2009, 07:26:36 PM
Yeah, I remember the animation.  It's been so long since I've seen it though.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: November 03, 2009, 09:11:13 PM
So I bought Season one of Batman Beyond... Season 2 is ridiculously priced.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: November 03, 2009, 09:12:34 PM
Probably cause there are double the episodes in Season 2.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: November 03, 2009, 09:41:55 PM
Are there? That explains it.

Its the same with almost every series too. :\

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: November 03, 2009, 09:45:27 PM
Seasons 1 & 3 consisted of 13 episodes, while Season 2 had 26.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: November 03, 2009, 09:57:04 PM
I know, I mean most other WB cartoon series from that time that are now on DVD.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: November 03, 2009, 09:59:31 PM
Well a good portion of them have seasons that are more than 13 episodes, that's why.  Of course, you could just wait for the huge Collector's set, depending on which you want.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: November 04, 2009, 07:32:53 AM
I hate DVDs. They print so many more discs than they need to just to inflate the price. I don't even buy that crap, what with the Internet & all. They should just be honest & maybe I would be too.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: December 02, 2009, 03:26:50 AM
Who remembers this old Kids WB show?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27IxAlmijno

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: December 02, 2009, 03:40:49 AM
Who remembers this old Kids WB show?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27IxAlmijno

Hooooly [parasitic bomb], I remember this one! It was so good yet so short lived. The animation was also godly.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: December 02, 2009, 08:58:42 AM
I loved it. It was real good. But short lived indeed. :\
I must admit, to this day, the intro song STILL lingers in my head. It NEVER left. XD

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #168 on: December 03, 2009, 09:24:09 AM
I barely remember that show.  I may have seen it once or twice, I think it followed Recess in the time slot, but I forget.  It's been years.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: December 03, 2009, 09:47:21 AM
weren't they on different channels?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #170 on: December 03, 2009, 09:49:08 AM
Different channels, same timeslot, if I recall.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: December 03, 2009, 09:59:36 AM
Mm. I dont remember. I mainly watched kids WB. occasionally abc. (I dont care how age inappropriate it was, I enjoyed Winnie the Poo adventures.  >8| )

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: December 03, 2009, 08:43:26 PM
Two DVD Announcements today have made PB soooooooooooooooo happy!

King Arthur & The Knight Of Justice, a TRUE Sunday Morning GEM of a Cartoon, will be out on March 2nd for only $15.  [tornado fang]ing BOUGHT!  My friend JoshMack has been waiting for this one for a long time.  All he needs is Conan the Adventurer, and he's set.

Also...

The Maxx & The Head, two awesome cartoons back when MTV was actually really [tornado fang]ing good have also just been announced for DVD.  I can't wait.  To quote IO9, "Now all we need is the complete DVD set of Liquid Television, and we're set."