Protodude · 10832

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
on: April 18, 2009, 06:40:03 PM
So much that it's spewing everywhere!

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Achievements Revealed, 360 Port Most Likely Happening

If this is not a sure fire sign of Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 coming to the Xbox 360, then I don't know what is: A list of Achievements have popped up for the title on Xbox360Achievements.com, chronicling all sorts of challenges. There's no word if these are official, but If you couple this news with the leaked ESRB rating and arcade stick preorders, then it seems more and more likely that MvC2 for the 360 is happening.

'Mega Man Official Complete Works' Up For preorder

And so it begins: Amazon is now taking preorders for Mega Man Official Complete Works for $26.57 (regularly priced at $39.99!), slated to ship October 14th, 2009.

"With over 100 video games to his name, Mega Man is one of the most recognizable icons of gaming. Mega Man: Official Complete Works showcases 20 years of artwork from this classic series and features character designs, box art, promo art, and loads of rarely seen art pieces. No Mega Man fan would dare miss out!"

Amazon lists the book at a whopping 200 pages, so it's safe to assume MMOCW contains all of the classic series assets from R20 (which took up roughly 2/3 of the original 336 paged book).

Play Asia Stocks Shooting Star Rockman Official Complete Works

Don't have the means of importing SSROCW? Play-Asia's got your back, the online store recently stocked the book for $35.90 with an additional $10.90 shipping. It's a little pricey but I'm sure it's well worth it for the 170+ pages of spiffy art.

Eddie Lebron Wants Your Questions!

Eddie Lebron, director of the upcoming Mega Man film project, is taking your questions! In a recent blog post, the director claims he's ready and willing to answer any sort of question related to the film. Take heed, this Q&A session won't last forever:

"Within the next 7 days, post your questions! All questions after 7 days will have to be saved for another time."

Don't delay, ask today!

In other Lebron MM news, the director talked a little about this film's ending which has been slightly modified from the original script to fit more in tune with the source material:

"The ending of the film has been modified to be more faithful to game. Without giving much away, one element from a later game was incorporated to the end of the film but after much thought, I thought it would be better to change one or two things in the editing and visual effects to modify this and please myself and other fans alike. Upon release, I shall reveal what change was made!"

Lebron once again emphasized his intent to have the film ready by July 4th, 2009. Apparently, the coming weeks will be crucial to the film's deadline.Best of luck Eddie!

Mega Man-ish Character Sponsers 'Gillette Game Room'

How popular is Mega Man's image? Popular enough to spawn a knock off by Gillette, makers of countless shaving products. Pictured, is what appears to be a Mega Man inspired character sponsoring a sweepstakes at the "Gillette Game Room", a website designed to provide gamers with "exclusive news, strategy guides, and features."

As they say, "imitation is the highest form of flattery!"

Capcom Announcing Two New Games At Captivate?

And here comes our first batch of Captivate rumors! According to Giant Bomb's recent "bombcast", Capcom just might announce two new titles during the event:

"On the Giant Bomb podcast, the Capcom guys said they were announcing at least two games: one would get everyone very excited and be a big surprise; the other would not surprise anyone (an expected sequel in other words). "

Captivate '09 kicks off April 29th.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 06:44:57 PM
"On the Giant Bomb podcast, the Capcom guys said they were announcing at least two games: one would get everyone very excited and be a big surprise; the other would not surprise anyone (an expected sequel in other words). "

A sequel to a long forgotten game and a sequel to a not so long forgotten game!

Strider 3 please.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 06:52:31 PM
Demon's Crest 2 HD Remix.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 07:37:56 PM
Well that is also a cool option.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 08:24:24 PM
More than likely, MvC2 LA/PSN edition is going to be one of those games announced. Sure, it won't be much of a surprise any more (the ESRB leak months ago took care care of that...), but it's still nice.

On the other hand, I could see MM10 continuing the 8-bit tradition for another go round. That wouldn't surprise me at all, certainly...

Offline ST Jestah

• Procastinator Extraordinair
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Just chilling in the Nexus.
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 08:29:25 PM
BREATH OF FIRE 5!! (Yes I am aware of BoF: Dragon Quarter, but I refuse to call that piece of [yaoi bomb fetish] a sequel to one of my favorite rpg series of all time! A sideproject/spin-off maybe, but never a true sequel! Though I did like the battle system...well more or less...it was original...I think.)
That or Demon's Crest 2, MML3, Strider 3 or perhaps a new game...OH what about Okami 2, Viewtiful Joe 3, or maybe Ghost 'n Ghouls 2!?
A hooded creature with a cape for wings can dream can't it?

And sure why not another MM game...but I prefer some new 2-d graphics a-la SF2HDR instead of 8-bit.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 09:05:26 PM
I remember Gilletteman. XD

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 09:24:22 PM
A hooded creature with a cape for wings can dream can't it?

Sure. ^_^

...But the sad thing is, if Inafune's comments (check a newspost that should be in this section) are anything to go by? NOTHING relating to what you and I would most like to see, is going to happen any time soon.

Viewtiful Joe 2? Okami 2? Another Breath of Fire? Inafune just basically gave the opinion that they could give two shits about those franchises at the moment.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 09:26:00 PM
I think Capcom pretty much confirmed that Breath of Fire, or any further RPG projects, are dead.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 09:30:47 PM
...But the sad thing is, if Inafune's comments (check a newspost that should be in this section) are anything to go by? NOTHING relating to what you and I would most like to see, is going to happen any time soon.

Viewtiful Joe 2? Okami 2? Another Breath of Fire? Inafune just basically gave the opinion that they could give two shits about those franchises at the moment.

I believe this is the news thread you're talking about?

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 09:44:13 PM
As long as they're not publishing another Tiger Colosseum

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 10:05:04 PM
I think Capcom pretty much confirmed that Breath of Fire, or any further RPG projects, are dead.

The producer behind Breath of Fire/Zack & Wiki/and so on, Hironobu Takeshita, said in the 4th Top Secret Podcast (an official Japan-localized Capcom podcast), that if there are enough fan requests, then Breath of Fire will show up again. ^^

As long as they're not publishing another Tiger Colosseum

Bikini shots wasn't satisfying enough for you~? >:3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline ST Jestah

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 10:31:32 PM

Yep, I remeber that news now...it almost made me sad. :(

The producer behind Breath of Fire/Zack & Wiki/and so on, Hironobu Takeshita, said in the 4th Top Secret Podcast (an official Japan-localized Capcom podcast), that if there are enough fan requests, then Breath of Fire will show up again. ^^

Bikini shots wasn't satisfying enough for you~? >:3

THEN A PETITION THERE SHALL BE!!!...However I don't know how to make an online petition...sooooooooooooo.

Who here likes BoF enough to make a petition to make another (and probably final) entry for it? Other than moi...anyone?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 18, 2009, 10:32:17 PM
There are not many BoF fans on RPM.

I can only thing of me.... and you.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 18, 2009, 10:42:07 PM
Hey hey, I like BoF! Mind you, I only really played the first 3 and never got around to the later ones...

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 10:43:44 PM
BoF4 is about as good as BoF3. IMHO not as good, but still enjoyable.

BoF5 is completely different. It's a excellent dungeon crawler, but if you expect something like BoF1-4 you'll be very disappointed.

Offline ST Jestah

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 11:01:17 PM

I can only thing of me.... and you.
Hey hey, I like BoF! Mind you, I only really played the first 3 and never got around to the later ones...

Okay so there are 3 of us...small world huh he he...but seriously only 3? I'd expect at least 5 to 12 people, but 3!?...oh well, guess some people don't like the concept of being able to turn into a dragon, and being accompanied by half human half animal or other companions.

BoF4 is about as good as BoF3. IMHO not as good, but still enjoyable.

BoF5 is completely different. It's a excellent dungeon crawler, but if you expect something like BoF1-4 you'll be very disappointed.
And that's why I didn't like BoF:DQ as much, I expected to much from it.

However I gotta agree, it does make a good dungeon crawler. And if they do make another, it could have a battle system similar to the one in said game.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 18, 2009, 11:12:24 PM

Yea, like I don't count at all.... :'(
But seriously, I am a huge BoF fan.
I bought all 5 games and love them all, especially 2 and 3~

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 18, 2009, 11:14:50 PM
Mega Man-ish Character Sponsers 'Gillette Game Room'

How popular is Mega Man's image? Popular enough to spawn a knock off by Gillette, makers of countless shaving products. Pictured, is what appears to be a Mega Man inspired character sponsoring a sweepstakes at the "Gillette Game Room", a website designed to provide gamers with "exclusive news, strategy guides, and features."

As they say, "imitation is the highest form of flattery!"
This is news?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: April 18, 2009, 11:15:34 PM
I bought the GBA reake of BoF1.

But I have the originals of every other game. And yes, BoF2 is one of my favs too, because I started with that one.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #20 on: April 18, 2009, 11:40:01 PM
I played and beat BoF2 (somehow...) at a young age, and even played a bit of bof1, but you know... I could never stand to go all the way through one of those games again now.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: April 18, 2009, 11:44:24 PM
Breath of Fire III is good enough to play through without any real problems. A tiny issue is that if you want to learn all skills, you have to start apprentice yourself with a teacher at a low level as possible, then gain all those skills before switching to another teacher. It will be hard to gain all skills if you already leveled up at the max level without being apprenticed with a teacher, so you end up starting the game over to try unlock everything. But other than that, the game is very linear and straight-forward and you can gain every other item in the game easily, and also raise a good fairy village and pull out every fish with your fishing rod. ^^

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: April 18, 2009, 11:46:01 PM
BoF2 is what got me into RPGs.

And it taught me english well. With broken grammar left and right.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 18, 2009, 11:46:27 PM
BoF2 has Katt~ <3

Every game has Nina, each of them were special in their own way.

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: April 18, 2009, 11:50:09 PM
Katt was the first girl I saw without pants.