The Soul Edge/Blade/Calibur Thread

VixyNyan · 55785

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 03:56:46 PM
I'm thinking of buying this. But I have a question:

The stuff to build customized characters from (weapons, techniques, armor, body shapes etc)... do you have to earn them or are they available from the start?

Cause I'd rather fight to get them.

Is there also some sort of Edge Master mode? Where you travel the world for missions and such?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 04:08:29 PM
The stuff to build customized characters from (weapons, techniques, armor, body shapes etc)... do you have to earn them or are they available from the start?

Both

Is there also some sort of Edge Master mode? Where you travel the world for missions and such?

Not exactly, but yes, there's a mission mode I think.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 04:41:04 PM
I'm thinking of buying this. But I have a question:

Cause I'd rather fight to get them.

You have to earn them.  Also, you have to earn money to buy them.  More become available as you play the game more.  Some you can download as well.  They have specific packs like Halloween & X-Mas packs.

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 04:46:26 PM
You have to earn them.  Also, you have to earn money to buy them.  More become available as you play the game more.  Some you can download as well.  They have specific packs like Halloween & X-Mas packs.

I want to make a santa [classy lady] Sub Tank.

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 04:47:17 PM
I want to make a santa [classy lady] Sub Tank.

Haha, now I want to as well!  XD

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: April 22, 2009, 12:25:43 AM
I love the Soul Calibur series, despite only having been around since #2.  :-[  I believe i'm pretty decent at the series, though.

Going on Live with my Rikoh custom character on IV, though (Yun-Seong style), I realized that i'm lacking very much. Most of my battles were against pro players who could hit me once and entrap me in an endless combo.  :(

Nonetheless, I remain vigilant! One day, I shall make my character(s) up to spec, and kick at least SOME ass!

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: April 29, 2009, 01:30:11 AM
Damn, what's up with all these PSP fighters today ._.

Namco Bandai Games reveals first handheld installment of weapons-based fighter franchise coming to Sony's portable this summer.

Weapons-based fighting game fans should be en garde, as Soulcalibur is making its first strike in the world of handheld gaming. Namco Bandai Games America today announced that Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny will be released exclusively on the PlayStation Portable this summer.

Mitsurugi is just as merciless on the PSP.

Using many of the fundamental mechanics of last year's Soulcalibur IV, Broken Destiny will feature a roster of more than 20 fighters. While gamers won't be able to play as Star Wars stand-ins Darth Vader, Yoda, or the Apprentice, the game will attempt to offset those losses with the addition of at least one new character, Dampierre.

Other additions include an expanded version of the character customization feature that let Soulcalibur IV players make a menagerie of unique-looking fighters to go along with the standard cast. Namco Bandai is also bolstering the series' staple arcade, versus, and survival options with a new single-player mode to ease beginners into the higher levels of play. Part-gameplay, part-tutorial, the new mode will feature more than 80 missions designed to teach players the ropes and hone their skills.

Link

Soulcalibur goes portable and we get our first look at the latest addition to Namco's popular fighting franchise.

It has been 10 years since the original Soulcalibur graced the Dreamcast, and now the flashy weapon-based fighting game has moved over to the PlayStation Portable for the first time. Namco Bandai came by to give us a first look at Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny, made specifically for the PSP with many of Soulcalibur IV's features, plus enhancements and new characters. Your favorite Jedi masters, Yoda and Darth Vader, aren't going to make an appearance in this portable version, but we do know that the core cast of Soulcalibur will be included, along with a new member named Dampierre. Details were not given beyond a name, so we're supposed to come up with our own impressions by the character art below.

Director Noriyuki Hiyama from Namco gave us a quick overview of the game and highlighted some of the changes. Our demo consisted of a couple of matches, and we couldn't see much beyond a few initial menus. The character menu looked like it had enough slots for roughly 30 characters, but the final count hasn't been determined yet, since the developers are still working on the roster--there will definitely be more than 20, though. Taki, Mitsurugi, Tira, Astaroth, Ivy, Cassandra, Voldo, Siegfried, and Hilde were our only options for now, so we decided to pit the lethal whip-wielding Ivy against the burly katana-swinging Mitsurugi. As soon as we entered the match, it was like watching SCIV except on a smaller screen. The characters move with the same finesse and grace as they do in the console version, and the detailed visuals and over-the-top, epic-sounding music that SC has always been known for are included here. At this stage in development, the graphics and visual effects are quite impressive on Sony's handheld.

Broken Destiny isn't a port, though; the Project Soul team has built this version specifically to target beginners and novice players with SCIV's content but has added improvements. There will be arcade, versus, and survival modes, as well as a character creation mode, but the only details disclosed at this point are that there will be new parts to play with in the creation mode and that the other modes have been "evolved." What we do know is that a new single-player mode is being implemented to bring new players up to speed and show them the intricacies of the game--almost like an enhanced tutorial system. It is designed to help improve your fighting skills, so newcomers who might be intimidated by the series can find a way to ease into an intense fighting regimen. There are more than 80 exercise missions for you to hone your fighting skills in.

One of the features that Hiyama pointed out was that new lighting effects have been added so that the stages will have different times of day. You could be slicing your way to victory with a glorious sunset at your back instead of winning in broad daylight all the time. Key components of SCIV, like critical finish, soul crush, and armor destruction, are also included but have been improved. Our demo was limited in terms of finding out all the juicy details about the new additions, but we were told that the music was being rearranged so that it could complement the new stages.

There will be ad hoc so players can beat each other senseless in a local match, but we will have to wait to see whether Wi-Fi is a possibility as well. We were impressed with our brief look at Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny and will update you as soon as more information becomes available. The game is currently set to be released exclusively on the PSP this summer.

^First impressions

The new character.

I'm reaaaaaally liking this new character XD

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #32 on: April 29, 2009, 01:33:47 AM
He's got bling. And that's the best "royal" design I have seen in awhile.

But now I need a PSP.. srsly. Just for select fighters, platformers, RPGs, and movies. Soul Calibur PSP is one of them, I do hope that SCPSP contains online battling~

But the PSP fighter outbreak is just like a certain flu that's making a ruckus.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: April 29, 2009, 05:46:33 AM

The new character.

:o

Is that a Top Hat and Classic Sinister Sexy Mustache I see?  Bought [tornado fang]ing instantly!

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: April 29, 2009, 05:47:41 AM
Had it had a monocle would it have been the perfect character? XD

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 06:11:41 AM
A cup of tea is also preferable.  XD

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: April 29, 2009, 06:20:29 AM
Had it had a monocle would it have been the perfect character? XD

In customization, you can give him a Monocle!

What's great is that this means that a Top Hat will be available in Customization mode as well.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: April 29, 2009, 03:44:34 PM
YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Glad to see your customisables again PB, so gonna add...

And...

The new character.

So goddarn almost perfect. XD

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: April 29, 2009, 07:38:36 PM
That's it.... I'm buying Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny as soon as it comes here. It sounds awesome!

Plus are they ever going to re-release Soul Blade on any console or handheld? I would love to try it even once!

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: May 05, 2009, 06:11:01 PM
First trailer.

Looking good.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: May 10, 2009, 04:56:39 PM
Anyone else ever faced a female Siegfried-type named Juno? She looked pretty cool, I'm trying to reconstruct her. But I need some example.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: May 23, 2009, 09:44:21 PM
Anyone else ever faced a female Siegfried-type named Juno? She looked pretty cool, I'm trying to reconstruct her. But I need some example.

Hmmmm, I don't think so.  I can't think of her off the top of my head anyway.

Also, I might try to construct more RPMers tonight.  Feel free to link to your character, and I'll see what I can do.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #42 on: May 23, 2009, 11:50:25 PM
Looks like I would have enough free time to print out the reference that you made for me so I can re-make that character in Broken Destiny. Should be simple no?

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: May 23, 2009, 11:52:18 PM
Making sexy warrior chicks in SC4 is great.

Anyone else thinks so?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: May 24, 2009, 11:10:55 PM
Making sexy warrior chicks in SC4 is great.

Anyone else thinks so?

Oh definitely!  That's why I'm happy Quickie wanted Demonic Armor Nightmare Style Quickie!   8)

Posted on: May 23, 2009, 05:57:56 PM
Okay, my main post of pics has been updated with Ciel, Tsukagami, and a updated Super Kitsu pic!

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: May 24, 2009, 11:13:45 PM
I need to fix my PSN. I wanna smack down people in SC4...

Heck, just having it would be fun.

The thought of beating someone down in a business suit. Corporate executive overkill and whatnot...=D

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: May 24, 2009, 11:23:45 PM
I've been thinking on and off about getting into SC. 3 did a lot to turn me away, after enjoying myself a good deal in SC1 and 2.

I might get it...eventually. After I clear up some other games in my backlog, and have room for ANOTHER FG this summer.  8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: May 25, 2009, 01:22:34 AM
Well if you do, I'll be ready and waiting for a battle, Ben.  Well, unless you have the 360 version & not the PS3 version.  LoL, then we're screwed.

Posted on: May 24, 2009, 23:25:45
UPDATE: I took some somewhat better pictures of Ciel, Kit, and Tsukagami, and also added Karai & Ibuki (Akira's character) as well.  I couldn't do Akira well enough, so I made Ibuki instead.  Also put an updated Sky Child on there too.  LoL, enjoy!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: May 25, 2009, 01:27:06 AM
PB, do you happen to have the Leviathan armor (complete set)?

I wanna see that.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: May 25, 2009, 01:30:10 AM
Oh lol, Karai is short!  XD

Proud member of Indigo tribe!