Anyone know any good Voice Editing Recording programs?

VirusChris · 1474

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
I'm not entire sure where I should post this topic, but this spot seems like a good place.

Any who, I'm wondering if there's any good Voice Changing/Editing Recording programs at there that I can find? Sound Recorder on my PC lacks a lot of options to mess around with to create different types of voices for characters I like to voice for my RPG project.

I do have Audacity, but not what I'm really looking for (unless I'm unaware of its true potential!). If anyone knows such a program, please let me know and sorry if this question has been asked before.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 05:19:09 AM
I use Audacity all the time for voice-acting.  That's one of the best free ones that I know of.  Unless you wanna drop the cash for Adobe Audition.  A cheaper solution would be Goldwave, which I've used for voice-acting. 

Though, with the right plug-ins and some futzing with settings, you should be able to do quite a bit with Audacity.  There are numerous tutorials out there for voice-editing, such as a Dalek voice tutorial using the Killer Ring ring modulator plug-in.  I think there was a stormtrooper com-unit tutorial for Audacity, too. 

Even though there are programs out there that're helpful for voice-changing, they can only go so far if the voice actor doesn't have a wide range of voices already.  If you can do a variety of voices, then you should be fine with Audacity.  If not, then get some friends to record lines for you.  A program can only do so much.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 09:32:47 PM
Very well. Thank you for your input.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3