I really have no clue on what to call this...

Pringer X · 1846

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
on: April 04, 2009, 06:12:04 PM
...so I left the title like it is. The reason is, I have no clue where to stick this exactly. I don't know if it's being emulated or pirated, and if so, just HOW it's been done.

A year or two ago, a friend of mine showed me a Guilty Gear game (GGXX#Reload) on the school's computer. It played like the PS2 version down to the point where it was referring to the button controls EXACTLY like the PS2 game. However, the buttons had to be set up with a config program that was in the same folder as the game, and program the buttons that way.

Now, I don't know if a PC version of GGXX#Reload exists, and if so, how it works. Can someone inform me just a bit about this? Is this a 'super-special emulated version', or was the PC version formed around the PS2 one, and was just a bit cheap in that all they effectively did was put in a config option to set the buttons up?

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 08:45:34 PM
It's just a port of the PS2 version + simple config.exe.
There is also a patch to play with others on the net, and you can swap .ogg music.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 10:28:36 PM
Ah, thanks.

I've been wondering for awhile because one thing that was different was another company was put into the beginning credits and it threw me off a bit. I guess they just handled the PC port then.