Rockman Betas, Trials, Promos and scrapped projects. The more rare, the better.

VixyNyan · 265839

Offline Skaarg

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
An interesting thing is the midbosses in Blaze Heatnix stage. They don't shoot projectiles out and the flames that rise up during one boss are a red/orange color. Which is weird since the real early screenshots show blue-ish flames and the final has purple.

Edit - More stuff!

If this area wasn't annoying already they had to have a misplaced tile. =P

Umm now what? This was a bit of a level breaker here. I'm assuming the changes are because it's a nightmare stage (I honestly can say I haven't played X6 all the way through many times so my mind is fuzzy). It's impossible to get past this point unfortunately. It is taking a very long time to kill myself...

Edit2- Finally got to fight "Nightmare" Zero. As already mentioned he's his normal color, but there's another oddity. If you don't jump at all when he does his ground smash move the screen will move up. If you keep letting him do this without jumping you'll be near the top of the screen.

Interesting...

>Mega Man Zero 4
>Ragnarok Core
>120 Seconds
FINAL DESTINATION

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
I'm looking forward to the part where the game's code is sifted through to see if there's anything different regarding the Nightmare System, like seeing what little bits of dirty code remain different from the final. The back of the X6 case in the U.S. makes the whole thing sound much more interesting than what it ultimately turned out to be.

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Small bug in the X6 proto(Something you may have noticed if you played it): The icons and pallette's for the weapons are out of order. Yammark's weapon uses the Metal anchor icon and has the pallette X would use for the Metal anchor weapon. Blizzard's is switch for Shellhead's.

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
I ripped the game's XA music format, and I've uploaded one of the very few alternate tracks from the prototype to YouTube. So far, the only tracks known to sound different from the final are the Opening Stage and Rainy Turtloid's Stage Theme. I've just uploaded the prototype version of the Opening Stage theme on YouTube for your eyes and ears to enjoy. =) I'm doing this so no one has to!

[youtube]a7fLe57pOUA[/youtube]

I hope to get around uploading the prototype version of Rainy Turtloid's Stage Theme very soon! Expect some gameplay footage of the prototype  from me very soon as well!

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Sounds pretty cool.
But I like the finished version more.

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Got the MP3 link for Opening Stage (Crash Site Ruins) - Prototype Version theme:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?p9v2p8c84ewardf

Sounds pretty cool.
But I like the finished version more.
Which one? I like the one without the guitar riffs.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL0Bt7AprJ8&feature=related

You do know that this has already been up for quite some time now, right?  It's simply the JP version of the track; the one we got has the guitar riff.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL0Bt7AprJ8
You do know that this has already been up for quite some time now, right?  It's simply the JP version of the track; the one we got has the guitar riff.
But no, it's not. Listen to my video again.

The prototype version isn't missing just the guitar riff from the English version, it's missing the main instruments of the final melody as well (Specifically for example, on 0:30-0:49 and 1:08-1:27 in my video, & 0:30-0:49 on the video link you posted), that's what makes it unique enough for me to upload it on YouTube. Not to seem defensive, but I've done my research on the matter, otherwise I wouldn't have posted the track here in the first place.

EDIT: WHEW! Did a lot of back n' forth to get the YT URL timings right! Plus my connection sucks.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Wow. That sounded interesting.

Posted on: August 22, 2010, 08:48:13 PM
I played it today. it was cool. I noticed that when X hits something with the saber, theres a different sound effect behind the actual saber's sound, used for the actual slice sound.

When he gets hit, that damage "shock" sprite is blue/cyan instead of the usual yellow

Is it just me, or is the falcon armor's dash ACTUALLY halfway decent here? I can swear that it actually covers more distance than in the final. Also, it has a different sound effect when he air dashes. sounds more like the sound effect from when he flies with he armor.

The portals to the alternate paths are green instead of blue...

in the intro stage, at the point where you have to wait for the rolling enemy to drop down before you can continue up the wall- there are two. wasnt there just one in the final?

Nightmare Zero has no sound PERIOD. only sounds in the battle are X's and the music.

X and Zero have low health phrases for when they hit low health, (like they had in X4) Which I dont recall being in the final. (unless it was in japan only)

the boss names are voiced when the boss selected screen appears, (unless thats a japanese thing that was removed from the US release)

Then the-

WHOA WHAT THE [tornado fang] WAS THAT!?

That portion of Wolfang's stage has pretty much the exact same snowball "flood" as the sections over the bottomless pit, instead of the single bouncing snowball in the final.

I dont remember this here...

Theres also no energy ups on the following platforms. just that one healer.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
Out of curiosity, Skaarg, did anything become of the other betas/prototypes? Did you ever buy them?

Offline Skaarg

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Out of curiosity, Skaarg, did anything become of the other betas/prototypes? Did you ever buy them?

Sorry for the late response, college work has been so much lately and a bit of family issue..

I actually did not get to buy them, but I am in contact with the person who did buy them trying to get them dumped. The person uploaded a copy of the PS2 prototype for Command Mission, but it did not play in any emulators for me so I didn't know if it was a bad dump or upload or what. The person did say it was the E3 demo though.

As for the Gamecube NR disc we're still trying to figure that out. I sent an email about the PS2 demo not working and a possible way to dump the Gamecube NR disc, but haven't heard back and that was nearly 2 weeks ago if I recall. If anybody on here knows a surefire method to dump Gamecube NR discs that would be awesome though!

>Mega Man Zero 4
>Ragnarok Core
>120 Seconds
FINAL DESTINATION

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
The Wii can do it. Use a ''DVD Dumper'' homebrew with some IOS and MIOS installed in the Wii and it will be able to dump the ISO to a SD Card or a FAT32 Drive. To play it on a Wii again (a bit more challenging on a Gamecube), all you need is burn that Gamecube ISO into a DVD-R with MultiISO Creator and then start the game with NeoGamma or similar. ^^;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile

Interesting...  I'd share money to get a beta or prototype   <3  I'd buy Mega Man Mania in a less than a heart beat.  8)

Most people I know would buy one and not only keep it to themselves but brag about having it, like they are the only fan that would want to play such a thing. There is no sense in that. Telling other fans that they can't have it is the same as telling yourself that you can't have it. Yeah I understand that some people pay a lot of money for such things sometimes but if you want to keep it to yourself then there's is no point in mentioning that you have such a thing. The people will constantly ask you to get a copy from you and what not. It's pointless and showing off in such a manner makes you look like a greedy douche-bag.

I don't know if it's available anywhere but I have a Rockman X7 trial disc for PS2 (if it's not around on any site I can upload it if anyone wants it). The same place I got it from also had an X6 trial disc for PS1 but by the time I got there it was gone  >_< They haven't had anymore since then  :'(

This reminds me of when I contacted a guy in Japan several years ago for the Rockman World prototype, which I almost got from him but then he changed his mind.  :\

There are also some earlier builds of Mega Man Anniversary Collection that I know of form the following dates:
August 2003, November 2003, December 2003, various build in February 2004. I have some info on these that I'm putting together and when I have it ready I'll let you guys see. I think I have a screen shot saved somewhere shot as well. I'll post it when I find it.

In case some of you don't understand Spanish, I thought I'd translate this for you.

1st Paragraph:
Mega Board is a game based on famous board games such as Monopoly or Turista, where you must purchase property as you advance, but what makes Mega Board so special are the famous characters from the Mega Man series. Can you imagine Mega Man telling Dr. Wily to pay him rent for landing on one of his properties? A game that is %100 familiar and will bring hours of entertainment.

3rd Paragraph:
Capcom has many plans for the future, but without a doubt their most important announcement, is the introduction of their famous hero Mega Man on the Super NES in the game Super Mega Man, so you better prepare yourself to see one super game, as it is a custom at Capcom.

The rest just talks about the Disney games Capcom was working on. Is it me, or does this article sound like super cheesy advertising? I have no idea about a Turista board game though.

I think I still have this magazine *crosses fingers* If I do, I scan clearer images.

I had this too and I haven't seen it since the early 90's. EGM kicked so much ass back then. Good times.  8) I have some old EGMs still, maybe there are some goodies there I forgot about.

These same sprites are also on the the Rockman Complete Works version for the PS1, except they are in color (just how they would have appeared in the game if the were used). And yes Dr Light is pointing upward and has his mouth wide open (probably yelling at Mega man for coming home so late, and how he was worried, and Roll couldn't sleep, ect...) XD  Speaking of this same game, there is a build that I noticed had a Flash option just like RM2 & 3 Complete works do. No other difference that I noticed though  X(

Offline Skaarg

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Sorry for the late response, college work has been so much lately and a bit of family issue..

I actually did not get to buy them, but I am in contact with the person who did buy them trying to get them dumped. The person uploaded a copy of the PS2 prototype for Command Mission, but it did not play in any emulators for me so I didn't know if it was a bad dump or upload or what. The person did say it was the E3 demo though.

As for the Gamecube NR disc we're still trying to figure that out. I sent an email about the PS2 demo not working and a possible way to dump the Gamecube NR disc, but haven't heard back and that was nearly 2 weeks ago if I recall. If anybody on here knows a surefire method to dump Gamecube NR discs that would be awesome though!

I just wanted to update on the status of these. We got the Gamecube NR disc ripped and unfortunately it's just a reviewable copy so it's essentially exactly the same as the final. (So no beta maps or combat system  :() Considering it is pretty much the final game I don't think the staff would like it too much if I were to release that on here. If someone says otherwise I'll upload it and you can examine for yourselves, but I don't believe there are any differences.

As for the PS2 E3 demo it's getting re-ripped so hopefully I'll have that soon to examine and share!

Now to give credit where credit is due. All of the Command Mission stuff is all thanks to a member that reads and submits info to Protodude's blog Alkaid (aka Ralene). Ralene paid for the two Command Mission prototypes when I was unable to, to make sure they got dumped and the information was given to the community. I'm thankful to Ralene that contact has been kept this whole process to make sure the discs are dumped properly and that we can get them preserved and unleash any findings in the games.

DeGamer - I'm really curious what items you have since I didn't think the X7 trial disc was public. I knew a collector bought one a while back, but didn't release anything. Anything you're able to provide and/or release would be great!

>Mega Man Zero 4
>Ragnarok Core
>120 Seconds
FINAL DESTINATION

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
I just wanted to update on the status of these. We got the Gamecube NR disc ripped and unfortunately it's just a reviewable copy so it's essentially exactly the same as the final. (So no beta maps or combat system  :() Considering it is pretty much the final game I don't think the staff would like it too much if I were to release that on here. If someone says otherwise I'll upload it and you can examine for yourselves, but I don't believe there are any differences.

DeGamer - I'm really curious what items you have since I didn't think the X7 trial disc was public. I knew a collector bought one a while back, but didn't release anything. Anything you're able to provide and/or release would be great!

Actually, I ended up buying this X7 trial disc years after I had sold my Japanese PS2 (I never had the US system). So believe it or not I have not even played it yet  :o Because of that, at one point I forgot I had it. What makes it worse is the store I bought it from had tons of trials discs for many systems. I bought about thirty-something trials disc from for different systems (Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, PS2, and Gamecube) so that made it hard for me to remember what I had just bought. RMX7 and the Rockman Dash were the only MM related trial discs. I'll rip it and upload it I have no problem with that. Just give me a place to put the upload too, unless you want it split into different RAR files on Megaupload or something. Here's some temp pics. I'll take better shots tomorrow and edit this post with them.

As for that Gamecube NR disc, do you know the date for it? Could you upload it anyway? I'd like to compare some files from the finalized disc to that version, because even the finalized MM Anniversary Collection disc has unsed/disabled content.

That EGM that Rodrigo Shin posted pics from X3 is not in my closet so I don't have it anymore  :( However, I did find three magazines that each have one Mega Man game (X1, X2, MM7) before they were released. I'll have to look at each pic closely (lots of pics here) to see if they contain differences from the finals. I did find this pic while browsing my old mags, which I thought some may want to see:

EDIT: I posted better pictures of the X7 trial and added a pic of the disc.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
I have the issue with the ideas in my closet. However, you can find said issue scanned online over at Emuparadise.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Awesome, awesome. Do want the Command Mission protos and the X7 trial.

It's late on my end, and I'm tired, so run this by me again: these are getting dumped, right? Also, Ralene is a trooper  ;)

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
I had some free time today so I ripped it and uploaded it. Check your PM.

I'll post a link for everyone else later. Protodude will check for me if the ISO works. Again, I no longer have a PS2 and I've never played played this trial so I don't know what it's like. To make it worse, after I ripped it and tried it with PCSX2 & NeutrinoSX2. The game does not run (no display). I was hoping to play it myself, but I guess not.

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Burned the game on a CD-R. Works just fine, but hangs after the "press start screen." Might have just been a bad burn on my part. Will try again tomorrow, but there's nothing wrong with the .iso itself.

From what I've observed so far, the demo might be the E3 Special Edition one I showed a few pages back. This demo, supposedly, has X playable in the opening stage.

I'll let you all know if anything happens.

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
I did find this pic while browsing my old mags, which I thought some may want to see:

I believe I saw some of the ideas for those in the AVGN Nintendo Power Episode.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
I have the issue with the ideas in my closet. However, you can find said issue scanned online over at Emuparadise.

Are talking about the same issue where I took that screen shot from or other issues as well? If so, which issues are they? Do you know the volume numbers?

I believe I saw some of the ideas for those in the AVGN Nintendo Power Episode.

That was funny XD. But one thing people don't seem to get is that the original games were made specifically for the Japanese audience which is why certain names/things will look awkward/silly/stupid/weird to us. Not only that, a lot of American gamers seem to forget that there is a world outside of the US :P

Burned the game on a CD-R. Works just fine, but hangs after the "press start screen." Might have just been a bad burn on my part. Will try again tomorrow, but there's nothing wrong with the .iso itself.

I have no idea why that happens :( The rip does work though and since Protodude couldn't cover it unfortunately, I made a brief video about it here:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwJQlb9ZWfU[/youtube]

I first tried recording it with Hypercam, but kept getting issue with the audio/video sync. It's a shame as I had played the whole trial too only to find out I couldn't upload the video like that. Different settings didn't help either.

I'm sure there are other differences somewhere on the disc itself which we could probably bump into by checking the files or through action replay codes but I'll leave that for someone else right now. There are quite a bit of files on the disc and I'd like to go through them but I'm still busy with other projects (PS1 translations). Here is the ISO:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K8PFUAOA

I worked for me using PCSX2 (finally). If anyone gets it fully working on a real PS2 please post about it.  :)

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
A little late and not really new, but if someone finds it helpful, good.

Offline Skaarg

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Nothing major, but kind of humorous. =P

Pretty lame that Capcom made the game so easy with the super jump at the show. Makes sense now why it ended up in the final game I guess.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsm9NV016HI[/youtube]

>Mega Man Zero 4
>Ragnarok Core
>120 Seconds
FINAL DESTINATION

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Been a while since I've been here  :(. Lots of crazy stuff going on  X( , but beta wise some goodness has come up.  :O

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKwnKwU1F3M[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfGFIYwisiA[/youtube]

And of course:  8)

Some stuff of interest... maybe