Gotham's Mega Man Rush

Gotham Ranger · 19565

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: April 26, 2009, 09:52:42 AM
If you're playing as Forte, buy the stronger buster shot as soon as you can so the enemies will stop taking forever and a half to kill.  Then buy the other permanent items in whatever order you like, except maybe that new Energy Balancer which seems kind of worthless.  One-use items are a total rip-off, especially things like Exit and Rush Coil.  In my experience, I didn't get bolts very fast by just playing the levels normally, even AirConMan's with its 5 bolt pick-ups.  (I blame all those pits with enemies hovering over them, and those mid-bosses you spend so much time fighting for no reward.)  It's easier to just run back and forth in the very first area of the very first level blowing up those bell things, and you fill up on extra lives in the process.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: April 26, 2009, 01:02:43 PM
Yeah, its kinda crap that some of those items cost so much and you get so little in one level at a time. Even more annoying is the difficulty. I finally got my foot in the door by beating Aircon Man and then Dangan Man, but the difficulty of the game is a turn off because its just not as fun as it could and should be. By all means, its no harder than any game before it, but it doesn't have that same appeal that keeps you going "Damn! One more try!". Its more just "Eh.. I died.. Whatever, I'll try later.. *power off*". Its really disappointing.

Either way, I'll have to keep pecking at it. Its the last game on the list. I just simply dread two play throughs, though.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: May 04, 2009, 04:47:08 PM
On my PSP, so I hope you don't mind the double post.

Finally beat R&F2 and ugh. Its half-done. Still gotta go through with Rock. Then we'll be done!

Until I get a new console and buy MM9.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: May 05, 2009, 12:47:42 AM
And Saturn's level!

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: May 12, 2009, 12:08:40 AM
Believe it or not, I'm still doing this rush. I still have Rock's stages, but really, R&F2 is just terrible.

In actuality, I finally broke out my copy of Mega Man Anni Collection and got used to the controls being backwards. In the last 2 or 3 days, I've beaten 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. 4 was alot better than when I emulated it. I even beat the yellow devil in Mega Man 1 without the select trick. It was awesome.

I'm not looking forward to MM7, though. Either way, I can't believe I waited so long to finally do this on real hardware. Someone slap me.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: May 12, 2009, 12:09:31 AM
*slaps*

But at least you understand now why the games are great. XD

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #81 on: May 12, 2009, 12:36:10 AM
I'm not looking forward to MM7, though.

I didn't like how Atomic Planet ruined that game (including the dialogs) and made it look like it was (badly) programmed on Flash. >.<

It's better to play it on real SNES hardware (or emulator, doesn't matter).

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: May 12, 2009, 01:29:19 AM
Well the emulator experience was horrible. PSP SNES emulators blow and can't handle the amazing Mode 7 effects or some BS. I got alot of slowdown, especially in Wily Stage 3's boss and Cloud Man's level was nearly unplayable.

And yeah, Atomic Planet really did a bad job overall from the game. Its so badly handled. Capcom should've handled it in studio and I hear that X Collection was absolutely superb in comparison.