Gotham's Mega Man Rush

Gotham Ranger · 19577

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: March 31, 2009, 01:10:27 PM
Which bosses were made easier for the Genesis version?  I'm looking at my damage tables right now, and I'm not seeing any values that were increased except Guts-Dozer taking a little extra from fully charged Atomic Fire.  In fact, a few numbers were decreased on the bosses' end: You know how QuickMan and FlashMan took 2 units of damage from the P-shooter?  Well, on Megadrive they only take 1!  You have to shoot them twice as many times!  Invulnerability flashes also last a little longer, so you can't beat anyone as fast, and you can't get as many extra hits with the Clash Bomb.

FlashMan's shots do only 1 unit instead of 2, though, but that's because all the Generic Yellow Enemy Bullets were changed like that.  Now, if you're talking about the bosses' movement patterns, that could go either way.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #26 on: March 31, 2009, 01:14:38 PM
Which bosses were made easier for the Genesis version?  I'm looking at my damage tables right now

The damage tables alone doesn't bring any justice to which bosses are easier in Mega Drive compared to Famicom version.
Remember, some of the boss movements are slightly slower and so is Rock's weapons. Also jumping works differently.
Also remember that on actual hardware, the game will lag when there's tons of things on screen, Rockman 3 is a perfect example.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: March 31, 2009, 01:19:20 PM
Yeah, that's why I threw that last sentence in there.  But STM said "They take more damage," and I wondered where that was the case.

Offline Shinichameleon / Nayim

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: March 31, 2009, 02:18:23 PM
Sometimes Mega Drive always slow everytime even like Mortal Kombat kinda pretty bad either.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: March 31, 2009, 02:45:59 PM
It's fixed in Megaworld as well, except for a few things that you probably wouldn't use Top Spin on anyway.  But World 2 added the problem that sometimes you take damage even when the spin finishes the enemy in one hit!  I never really figured out if there was a pattern to when that happens.
Not sure about Megaworld, since I never played it. O^O
As for World 2...
Well, I ALWAYS crash into the enemy first before Top Spin-ing, so yeah. XD

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: April 05, 2009, 05:11:11 AM
Well, after a few days break, the rush is back on! Just finished the Wily Tower and its only real difficulty seemed to come in them throwing a bunch of [parasitic bomb] at you at one time while you're hopping platforms or riding conveyor belts. Still got it, and the bosses were pretty dumb. Still, it was okay.

Starting on Mega Man 4, now. Man, I'm in trouble. I'm facing some of the fiercest robot masters yet! Because when you think hardcore, heart stopping, blue bomber action thats gonna have you on the edge of your seat, you think.. Thats right..

Toad Man.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: April 05, 2009, 06:48:09 AM
I think Dust Man. :V

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: April 05, 2009, 07:17:57 AM
TOAD MAN WILL DANCE OVER YOUR SCRAPPED BODY! :W

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: April 05, 2009, 01:45:16 PM
Well, after a few days break, the rush is back on! Just finished the Wily Tower and its only real difficulty seemed to come in them throwing a bunch of [parasitic bomb] at you at one time while you're hopping platforms or riding conveyor belts. Still got it, and the bosses were pretty dumb. Still, it was okay.

Starting on Mega Man 4, now. Man, I'm in trouble. I'm facing some of the fiercest robot masters yet! Because when you think hardcore, heart stopping, blue bomber action thats gonna have you on the edge of your seat, you think.. Thats right..

Toad Man.

I knew it you will go Toadman first.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: April 05, 2009, 01:48:50 PM
Toadman is pathetically easy.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: April 05, 2009, 10:32:52 PM
Ahahaha, oh man, that was AWESOME. I got to Toad Man with one hit point left and I frikken decimated that lame ass robot without dying.

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: April 06, 2009, 02:24:30 PM
Ahahaha, oh man, that was AWESOME. I got to Toad Man with one hit point left and I frikken decimated that lame ass robot without dying.

LOL, to bad Toadman was pretty easy...for everybody.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: April 07, 2009, 08:43:03 AM
Truth be told, I'm finding 4 to be more annoying than any of the others I've played so far. Bright Man's level was a real turn off because of the grass hopper AI and then the retarded falling platform that sway back and forth and everything goes dark if you kill a light enemy oh and you have to avoid their shorts.

I got killed by an OVERHANG.

The weapons are pretty bad, too. I'm 4 bosses down and just ready to get on to Megaman 8.

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: April 07, 2009, 09:26:29 AM
Truth be told, I'm finding 4 to be more annoying than any of the others I've played so far. Bright Man's level was a real turn off because of the grass hopper AI and then the retarded falling platform that sway back and forth and everything goes dark if you kill a light enemy oh and you have to avoid their shorts.

I got killed by an OVERHANG.

The weapons are pretty bad, too. I'm 4 bosses down and just ready to get on to Megaman 8.

You need rush jet for avoid crazy platform.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: April 08, 2009, 01:31:03 AM
Scratch Megaman 4 off the list. I faced Dr. Cossacks very best and came out feeling.. Eh. Seriously, some of the levels in this game weren't all that fun and the Master Weapons sucked and the Masters themselves weren't fun to fight. I'm torn though because the Fortress Stages (all 900 of them) were better than the rest of the game. Its weird.

Seriously, gtfo Dr. Cossack.

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: April 08, 2009, 02:07:50 PM
Scratch Megaman 4 off the list. I faced Dr. Cossacks very best and came out feeling.. Eh. Seriously, some of the levels in this game weren't all that fun and the Master Weapons sucked and the Masters themselves weren't fun to fight. I'm torn though because the Fortress Stages (all 900 of them) were better than the rest of the game. Its weird.

Oh :o did you say weapon sucked & masters sucked too, maybe you need information about weapon : Ring Boomerang is OVERRATED & the battle usually fun either, i wonder why you say battle was sucked? :\

Offline BaconMan

• Robot Master
  • Get Equipped With Bacon Slice
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: April 08, 2009, 03:57:23 PM
You think 4's easy, wait 'til you play MM6! XD Seriously. Just skip to MM7. You'll thank me later.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: April 09, 2009, 10:31:49 AM
Oh :o did you say weapon sucked & masters sucked too, maybe you need information about weapon : Ring Boomerang is OVERRATED & the battle usually fun either, i wonder why you say battle was sucked? :\
I just didn't enjoy it much at all. Thats it.

Right now, I'm playing both Mega Man World 3 and Mega Man 2 Hard Mode. First four are beaten in MW3 and I'm about to finish off Heat Mean in 2 Hard Mode.

Edit: Scratch 2 Hard Mode off the list. Just beat that. Alien Wily was tedious.

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: April 09, 2009, 02:17:48 PM
I just didn't enjoy it much at all. Thats it.

Right now, I'm playing both Mega Man World 3 and Mega Man 2 Hard Mode. First four are beaten in MW3 and I'm about to finish off Heat Mean in 2 Hard Mode.

Edit: Scratch 2 Hard Mode off the list. Just beat that. Alien Wily was tedious.

I thought you gonna say it was Airman Can't Defeated :V
(Just kidding).

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #44 on: April 09, 2009, 02:25:52 PM
You need to get Metal Blade from Metal Man, then use it on Wood Man to get Leaf Shield, then use it on Air Man to get Item 2 and finally go past the Yoku Blocks of Lava Doom! That's what the song is all about. >U<

But who needs Item 2, when you can jump past the Yoku Blocks yourself? ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: April 09, 2009, 03:36:04 PM
You need to get Metal Blade from Metal Man, then use it on Wood Man to get Leaf Shield, then use it on Air Man to get Item 2 and finally go past the Yoku Blocks of Lava Doom! That's what the song is all about. >U<

Ok....... :o that was awesome.

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: April 09, 2009, 06:47:36 PM

Huh.  MM4 doesn't have the greatest arsenal, but I found the Flash Stopper, Pharaoh Shot, and Drill Bomb to be pretty useful, especially the charged Pharaoh Shot.  Also, the Dive Missile has the notoriety of being the first, fully guided projectile in the MM series.

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: April 10, 2009, 12:38:50 AM

I normally get past the first few blocks, up until the one up at the end of the lava channel. After that, I just Item 2 my way across.

Huh.  MM4 doesn't have the greatest arsenal, but I found the Flash Stopper, Pharaoh Shot, and Drill Bomb to be pretty useful, especially the charged Pharaoh Shot.  Also, the Dive Missile has the notoriety of being the first, fully guided projectile in the MM series.
Eh, everyone mentions Pharaoh Shot, but I found it more annoying to use than anything. Perhaps its the lack of an audio charge cue and the fact that you can have a charged shot and have no freakin' clue because the ball doesn't appear on top.

Flash Stopper was at least an improvent over Flash Man seeing as you can shoot while you're frozen, but much like Time Stopper, you only need it once, maybe twice.

Update: Megaman World III done. Game was TEDIOUS. The levels just seem to drooooone on and on. Wily Castle was like "ARGH". Skull Barrier was improved in this game, so it wasn't as lame as it was in Mega Man 4, but eh. Wily's final boss was pretty weak too. Ah well, onwards to Mega Man 5!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: April 10, 2009, 12:42:14 AM
You'll love MMW5.

It's really cool and actually unique from start to end.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: April 10, 2009, 01:52:54 AM
Yeah, you're supposed to beat HeatMan first, so you can beat WoodMan with his weapon, so you can use that weapon on AirMan, and then you can beat WoodMan again with AirMan's weapon because it's his other weakness!  It only makes sense!