Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: July 10, 2012, 08:01:39 AM
Just saw this.

Your thoughts?

Me, personally?  I'm looking forward to it.  It may be what gets me back into this series.  I haven't read the comics in ages and I really want to get back into the series, but I just can't forgive Ken Penders for what he did to Knuckles.
Jesus Christ...
Penders stopped having anything to do with this series long time ago.
Knuckles, and hell, everybody else is better now. Thank Ian Flynn.

It's like, I dunno. I've been preaching this here for a long time, but it's like almost nobody listens. WHAT THE FU-

Also, yeah. Sonic x Megaman. Interesting. Let's see how that play out.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #26 on: July 10, 2012, 08:34:50 AM
I know things are good now and I've been tempted to start reading the comics again.  From what I've read, they're looking pretty decent.  However, I have no local comic stores and no way to get to any in the next counties.  And memories of Penders' corruption are still there. :|

Though, I am digging the art style in recent issues.

Archer

Reply #27 on: July 10, 2012, 09:24:07 AM
It's like, I dunno. I've been preaching this here for a long time, but it's like almost nobody listens.

It took you this long to notice?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #28 on: July 10, 2012, 09:40:47 AM
The problem may be that many of us are simply jaded and despite what we hear, we're still wary about taking a peek into the comics again.  Every time we think of the comics, we remember the corruption of the bad writers.  We remember Ken Penders.  We remember Sonic Live! and other things that make us cringe.  In a sense, we're shellshocked war vets who will need to be eased back into the swing of things, else we'll be diving behind a chair and looking for something with which to fight Enerjak.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: July 10, 2012, 09:50:39 AM
I'll definitely grab that crossover when it comes out, memories of Penders's incompetence be damned.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #30 on: July 10, 2012, 10:39:03 AM
Me too.  I can't wait!

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #31 on: July 11, 2012, 03:58:57 AM
They better not team up to fight a Wilyjak! (Basically, Wily as an Enerjak (or an artificial Enerjak made by both doctors, never want to see another enerjak AGAIN) and as already ESTABLISHED, only an echidna with high levels of chaos magi can become an Enerjak)

But those comments.. lo-[tornado fang]ing-l.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #32 on: July 11, 2012, 05:16:25 AM
Let's just pretend that Enerjak no longer exists...

But, Wily teaming up with Robotnik sounds promising.  Wily has Quickman.  Quickman vs. Sonic.

You know that would RULE.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: July 11, 2012, 07:56:05 AM
Let's just pretend that Enerjak no longer exists...

It's funny.
Cuz in recent years, we've got two good stories related to Enerjak. One of them took place in alternate world, though.

[spoiler]Both of them have Knuckles being Enerjark. Why? BECAUSE [tornado fang]ing FINITEVUS![/spoiler]

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #34 on: July 11, 2012, 08:35:23 AM
*Screams and dives behind a chair and looks for something with which to fight Enerjak.*

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: July 20, 2012, 09:31:30 PM
The problem may be that many of us are simply jaded and despite what we hear, we're still wary about taking a peek into the comics again.  Every time we think of the comics, we remember the corruption of the bad writers.  We remember Ken Penders.  We remember Sonic Live! and other things that make us cringe.  In a sense, we're shellshocked war vets who will need to be eased back into the swing of things, else we'll be diving behind a chair and looking for something with which to fight Enerjak.

Little late, but I remember Sonic Live! I sacrificed my copy to Linkara because he needed a more intact copy to critique. It was worth the sacrifice.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #36 on: July 21, 2012, 05:34:32 AM
Ah, so that's where he got it!  Good for you.  A sacrifice for the greater good.  I enjoyed that review.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #37 on: July 23, 2012, 11:26:54 PM
Little late, but I remember Sonic Live! I sacrificed my copy to Linkara because he needed a more intact copy to critique. It was worth the sacrifice.

Was it a part of Atop the 4th Wall, or another review? I need to look at that as I might've missed it as my computer was acting up at the time.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #38 on: July 25, 2012, 10:57:40 AM
It was for the 100th episode of Atop the Fourth Wall.  A great episode.  Truly worth a watch.

My brother is currently torrenting that comic. 8D

As for the comics we've been reading?  The Fleetway comics!  They're great!

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: July 25, 2012, 01:36:54 PM
The Fleetway comics!  They're great!

That was a good one. Tell another!

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #40 on: July 26, 2012, 06:02:09 AM
I love the Fleetway comics because they don't take themselves seriously, and that's what makes them fun.

And where else will you find Charmy saying such awesome lines as "Yippy-yappy-doo?" 8D

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: July 26, 2012, 09:18:14 AM
Well...
What I remember of those comics (and I reread some of them again fairly recently) is that they took themselves FAIRLY seriously.

Though I must say, Brotherhood of Metallix is such a good concept, it hurts.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #42 on: July 31, 2012, 08:40:40 AM
I'm still around issue 40 or so, and I'm enjoying the heck out of them. 

Posted on: July 26, 2012, 08:34:41 AM

Oooooh yeah.

The more I see, the more I'm excited.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: August 20, 2012, 03:21:51 AM
I picked up my first Sonic comic ever a few months ago, and I really wanted to like it, but Sonic literally cried like 2 to 3 times in the issue. Over that dude with the tassels on his shoulders dying, of all things. Eeeeeh

That crossover looks pretty cool though. I saw that advertised in Mega Man a few months ago. I'm pretty sure it's not out yet. I haven't been to the comic book store since I moved a few weeks ago, so I'm sure there's some cool early August stuff waiting for me when I do.

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: August 20, 2012, 03:37:41 AM
I picked up my first Sonic comic ever a few months ago, and I really wanted to like it, but Sonic literally cried like 2 to 3 times in the issue. Over that dude with the tassels on his shoulders dying, of all things. Eeeeeh
I have no bloody idea what are you talking about. Can you tell me WHAT character are you talking about? Which issue?
Please tell me, so I can know if I should educate you on what you SHOULD read of the comic and what you should not.
Yes. The comic had such a shitty era under horrible writers, that what you are describing might have happened in those horrible days.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: August 20, 2012, 03:46:11 AM
I think it's 235. Silver's running around making accusations. Sonic spin dashes him through the wall of his house.

The guy with the tassels, he's like one of the really old characters.

The "Last time on Dragon Ball Z" said that Sally became Mecha Sally, and Metal Sonic exploded with somebody in his arms or something.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: August 20, 2012, 04:01:06 AM
I think it's 235. Silver's running around making accusations. Sonic spin dashes him through the wall of his house.

The guy with the tassels, he's like one of the really old characters.

The "Last time on Dragon Ball Z" said that Sally became Mecha Sally, and Metal Sonic exploded with somebody in his arms or something.
Ah so it's one of the new ones, and by guy with the "tassels", I assume you mean Ixis Naugus.

Welp, you should start somewhere at issue 160, if you want to get into the comic FOR real. Because previously the comic was so [parasitic bomb], that when new editor came on board he gave the boot to the hacks who wrote all that crap and Ian Flynn came on board to write the comic into its glorious age that we have now.

Now, Sonic was "crying", because before that issue, he went through a lot of [parasitic bomb]. Antoine went kasplood and his wife Bunnie left (no not him, she simply left the Freedom Fighters). But before that, Sally was turned into Mecha Sally while trying to save the entire world from Robotnik's robotization beam.

Immediately after that, Ixis Naugus became the [tornado fang]ing king of the Acorn Republic, and although he promised to uphold the voice of the Council (because the Kingdom of Acorn became the Republic after Tails' father did some [parasitic bomb].) which along with the king decides on everything. But they all know Naugus is full of [parasitic bomb], and he's up to no good, starting trouble in their neighbourhood.

Whoof. And that's why Sonic was "crying", as you put it. And Silver accusing everybody around, did not help.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: August 20, 2012, 04:16:20 AM
That's Silver's role, so that doesn't bother me too much. He's a character you're not supposed to like entirely. Capricious youth.

It was a very strange time to join the story, I could tell. I haven't written it off, but I wonder about those alternate comics. Like Universe. It's all very overwhelming. I also just got into comics at all this past year.

Archie's stuff is pretty high quality though. I've been sticking to that and the independent rack. DC's and Marvel's stuff is just a deep dive I'm not ready to make yet. Too many choices.

I've been reading Game of Thrones, the new Conan the Barbarian stuff, the new Turtles stuff, and some other stuff I've liked a lot. Oh, The Goon. Now that's some choice stuff right there.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: November 02, 2012, 06:15:13 AM

I'M SORRY WHAT WAS THAT LADD?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU BECAUSE I'M HAVING TOO MUCH FUN READING THESE!

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #49 on: November 02, 2012, 06:20:37 AM
If Bunnie gets her cybernetic parts back, I will rush out to the nearest comic shop (that's in the next county) and buy that issue posthaste.  Bunnie just isn't Bunnie without her awesome cyborg limbs.