(Super) Street Fighter IV (Arcade Edition) Thread

Klavier Gavin · 115046

Offline King Reaper

• yeah
  • B-Class Hunter
  • I used to be somebody...
    • View Profile
Reply #450 on: May 20, 2010, 06:44:28 AM
I'm curious as to why a Mayflash? Or more importantly, what's under the box? =)
Mayflash because it was cheap and I am poor. Got it for twenty bucks new off ebay. I'm not exactly an arcade stick aficionado so while it may not be the best stick ever, I'm too ignorant to know the difference.
Not sure what you mean by "under the box"  :\
Possibly the new meaning of "Cut me timbers"?
This is simply amazing.
I can only get up to trial #17 with Cody. : (
You're a beginner with SF, yeah? I wouldn't worry about it too much. I've yet to beat all of the trials for any one character, myself (but then, I'm not exactly a pillar of SF skill). Just stick with it and you'll figure it all out. (I've yet to get fadc down pat  -u-' )

...what?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #451 on: May 20, 2010, 06:52:58 AM
Yeah, trials get really difficult. I was able to do all of Dudley's trials twice, once on my 360 and once of my friend's PS3. And they get pretty damn tricky. When there were FADCs involved, I had to remap the controls. And for the links that require really specific timing, I found pausing as soon as a hit connects kinda gives you some leeway to button mash. But still, they're not easy. My friend said Cammy's aren't too bad, a slight less of a headache than others. Slight.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #452 on: May 20, 2010, 07:08:18 AM
I was trying El Fuerte's challenges/trials/whatever.  Some of them are impossible.

Offline King Reaper

• yeah
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #453 on: May 20, 2010, 02:06:55 PM
I just plain can't do that focus attack dash cancel into something else. It's just beyond me. :\
Whenever it comes up in trial mode, I end up skipping it. I mean, I try to do it, but does anyone else think that it's a pointlessly difficult way of cancelling moves, considering how other games do cancels?

...what?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #454 on: May 20, 2010, 05:22:13 PM
Mayflash because it was cheap and I am poor. Got it for twenty bucks new off ebay. I'm not exactly an arcade stick aficionado so while it may not be the best stick ever, I'm too ignorant to know the difference.

Trust me, when you get the chance to play on something better you won't believe you could ever stand playing on that =/

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #455 on: May 20, 2010, 05:42:35 PM
Is it true that you can dash (>> motion) on the stick by just pressing the joystick all the way to the side until it clicks?

Offline Fariator

• Freelancer.
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #456 on: May 20, 2010, 06:18:06 PM
Not on my stick. You have to do the "double click" on it too, unless yours is modded in some way or such. However, I have found it a lot faster and easier to do the dash input on a fightstick than on a pad (or do any inputs in general).

Offline Copy X

• B-Class Hunter
  • RPM's Forgotten Warrior.
    • View Profile
Reply #457 on: May 20, 2010, 06:23:11 PM
King- Under the box means what the specs are as in what parts and such. No biggiE, but precision and control make all the difference and well I'am an afficionado when it comes to things like that. =)
*Focus Cancelling is not pointless since it's a win/win situation other than you lose bars. Some combos only work fith cancelling and the damage is more than worth it (at times)
*Take for instance, that I pickGuile. (which I do) I see you're leg sticking out and want to capitalize on your whiff. Or you do a safe jump in to bait me. What does it get me?
*Scenario A.) If the Flashkick connects and hits, I can backdash to charge my upcoming Sonic Boom to stay safe and zone or forward dash so I can keep the pressure going or even connect Ultra 2.
*Scenario B.) If the Flashkick connects and is blocked, I can backdash for safety. I can also forwash dash to keep pressure going, throw (the better option), and or block to see what they do.
-In terms of Cody (who I also use) it's mostly for linking into Ultras and comboing like chaining multiple Criminal Uppers. He lacks a good reversal so I don't focus for something like that. It's useless in his case. Really what I'm getting at is, it's character dependent.

PB- You wont be able to pull that off with a pad bro. You  need all the punch buttons in line to perform RSF (Running Stop Fierce) to pull his trails off. Basically some piano skills. ;)

Sub- Yes.

To try something new, is to explore your true potential.

-CX

Offline King Reaper

• yeah
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #458 on: May 20, 2010, 09:54:02 PM
I understand that it's not useless, and I understand the strategy of doing cancels like that as ways of doing certain high damage combos or escaping a bad situation. All I'm saying is that it's needlessly difficult to perform, whereas in other fighting games similar cancels can be performed by simply pressing a couple of buttons in combinations.

...what?

Offline Copy X

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #459 on: May 20, 2010, 10:11:06 PM
I understand that it's not useless, and I understand the strategy of doing cancels like that as ways of doing certain high damage combos or escaping a bad situation. All I'm saying is that it's needlessly difficult to perform, whereas in other fighting games similar cancels can be performed by simply pressing a couple of buttons in combinations.
In that aspect, yes it's more involving than older games. I find it accesible since I'm so used to using arcade sticks. If it helps, use your middle finger and thumb to hit that focus since it rolls off easier. Practice is always key.

Side note: I sent an invite to you at one point not too long ago. (RocketFetus??) It was very late though. lol.

Any other RPMer's on PSN?

-CX

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #460 on: May 20, 2010, 10:15:32 PM
PB- You wont be able to pull that off with a pad bro. You  need all the punch buttons in line to perform RSF (Running Stop Fierce) to pull his trails off. Basically some piano skills. ;)

But all the punch button are in line.  I use a Genesis type fighter pad.

Offline Copy X

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #461 on: May 20, 2010, 11:03:30 PM
But all the punch button are in line.  I use a Genesis type fighter pad.
If that's the case then, that makes it simple to explain/teach. =)
Try pulling this off:

Index on X, middle finger on Y, and ring finger on Z.
Start by hitting the Z button first and input a hadouken motion with Y. This should be a fierce punch followed by a run. If so , you're good so far. Next hit that X button to make him stop close to the enemy and hit the Z button and just  repeat the process. You should be able to chain up to 5 (!) fierces by cancelling his running into short stops.
If you can do atleast two fierces linked, you're on your way.

-CX

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #462 on: May 20, 2010, 11:33:15 PM
I don't think that was my problem.  In the challenges, there were some combos which I was simple unable to do.  Auto-block is just evil.

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #463 on: May 21, 2010, 12:02:09 AM
Can anyone here do double half circle with a controller?

I like playing as Ibuki but I can't do any of her ultras.  Maybe it fires off every 1 out of 10 tries.  Am I [tornado fang]'d?

I beat people up with the regular Xbox controller.

Ohhhhhh, I've been looking for someone to play myself. Sure, I'll add you. What time are you usually signed onto XBL?

You're never online.

Offline Copy X

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #464 on: May 21, 2010, 12:12:43 AM
Auto block is not evil, input timing is the real Every Villain is Lemons err... evil. XD
This is one of the last trials (and one of his main combos to punish) so I thought you were done with the rest. My bad for misinterpretting that. Perseverance and practice and "tricking" the cpu is for the other ones. Although if it involves linking supers, I can help you with those. Just remember that you can input directions in the middle of the move so the super comes out naturally.

*For example: Standing LK, perform hadouken motion during the press), crouching Mk (finish with another hadouken motion) then press any kick button. The super should come out.
Basically you're inputting the super motion WHILE performing the previous moves thus the super links after a normal hit. ;)
*That's another trial but again people have the notion to do supers with full input which is not good but it's easier to input ahead of time. Best way so you get a sense of what I'm trying to say is let's look at Ryu.
*Rather than doing a crouching MK and inputting Super immediately (which works/timing strict) it's better to do an empty hadouken motion folllowed by a crouching MK and then finishing with  hadouken. This should result in the same thing AND you can hit confirm this for better results. Hope this makes sense. Try it out.

-CX

Offline Chainsaw Guitar

• #1 Pulseman fan!
  • Robot Master
  • ^ GameFreak's true Magnum Opus right here. >:O
    • View Profile
Reply #465 on: May 21, 2010, 04:20:35 PM
You're never online.

I'm sorry. I keep waking up right after you sign off. And falling asleep before you sign in. :<

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #466 on: May 21, 2010, 07:50:13 PM
Yeah, you're pretty good. Only advice is that you should try using more than just Vega, and stop poking so damn much. Instead of just crouching and hitting light punch over and over, try linking the first two into something else. Being poked constantly just got frustrating, which made me come at you faster, which in turn made you lose faster. :P

The wins you did get were deserved, though. Good games.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #467 on: July 11, 2010, 06:21:19 AM
If you haven't been watching EVO, boy have you missed out. Justin Wong was eliminated. And it's not even the finals yet.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #468 on: July 11, 2010, 07:07:21 AM
If you haven't been watching EVO, boy have you missed out. Justin Wong was eliminated. And it's not even the finals yet.

I was banking on a repeat of Daigo v. Jwong, but the guy deserved it. He went in pretty cocky about the Rufus v. Adon match-up, and paid for it. Once again proving that it doesn't pay to underestimate your competition, no matter what the tiers/match-up is. 8D

And on another note, it's also reported that Daigo's stick is missing. Hoo boy~ 8D 

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #469 on: July 11, 2010, 07:40:27 AM
That's crazy, but probably not going to make much difference. Daigo can probably beast on anything.

And even though I hate the twitter chat alongside the stream, I have to admit that without it we wouldn't have such comedy gold as "On a scale of one to french fries, how salty is jwong?"

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #470 on: July 11, 2010, 03:43:28 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8oj7mra-os[/youtube]

All relevant. 8D

Plus it seems that either Daigo got his stick back, or indeed, he didn't need. Guy's already made close to 1000 clams in money matches.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #471 on: July 11, 2010, 03:51:31 PM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #472 on: July 11, 2010, 08:38:13 PM
Here's my favorite match of the tourney aside from JWong eating heaps of humble pie:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsgRnBazeSY
[/youtube]

[tornado fang] YEAH, JUICEBOX!

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #473 on: July 11, 2010, 08:48:10 PM
Off-topic: Some Melty Blood in the live stream now. ^^b

Kohaku~ <3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #474 on: July 11, 2010, 09:10:47 PM
This melty blood thing doesn't do it for me.  I'm waiting for SSF4 women's bracket.