The Great Cateclysm: Silenced Forever?

Waifu · 37693

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: February 07, 2009, 04:52:47 PM
Roll is a housekeeping robot for Dr. Light, correct?

Then under MM9 laws, when Dr. Light kicks the bucket, Roll will be scheduled for termination since her housekeeping duties are done. Rock, originally being a housekeeping bot as well, would have the same circumstances.

But they could be reassigned to new human employers. And this doesn't explain how at the end of MM9, the 8 RMs were allowed to live. And Bass? He's a destructive pain in the rear and a combat robot. Does he have an expiration date? In an ironic twist of fate, since he was created to destroy Rock, does that mean he's scheduled for termination the day Rock/Dr. Light bite it?

Moreover, do you honestly think he'd let humans scrap him?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: February 07, 2009, 05:09:58 PM
Then under MM9 laws, when Dr. Light kicks the bucket, Roll will be scheduled for termination since her housekeeping duties are done. Rock, originally being a housekeeping bot as well, would have the same circumstances.

No. As Dr. Right's personal robot, she is not under the expiration date law. Rock isn't either. Besides, they predate the law. Even the Rockman9 robots dodged the law by being with Dr. Right. The law is for mass produced robots that work for society.

And Bass? He's a destructive pain in the rear and a combat robot. Does he have an expiration date?
Wily doesn't have anything to do with the law either.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: February 07, 2009, 09:03:25 PM
What makes you so sure of these exceptions?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: February 07, 2009, 09:11:30 PM
Because they'd be dead already if they weren't.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: February 07, 2009, 10:41:58 PM
Of course!  They can't die until Zero kills them!   8D

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: February 09, 2009, 02:24:49 AM
These conversations make me wonder why the hell I still have any love for Megaman at all.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: February 09, 2009, 07:24:46 PM
Um. Don't pay attention to them? Now I'm no scientist---but I play one on tv. :P But it would seem that not paying attention to them may work. >_>

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: February 09, 2009, 07:31:11 PM
These conversations make me wonder why the hell I still have any love for Megaman at all.

You're easily discouraged.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: February 09, 2009, 08:16:15 PM
I'm the same way with Sonic the Hedgehog.  Between either company's bullshit and a large portion of the fanbases for both franchises, I spend half of my time wanting to just wash my hands of it.

But I can't quite bring myself to do so simply because I've got a deeply-rooted love of some of it, I think.

The Other Side

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: February 09, 2009, 08:20:29 PM
I'm the same way with Sonic the Hedgehog.  Between either company's bullshit and a large portion of the fanbases for both franchises, I spend half of my time wanting to just wash my hands of it.

But I can't quite bring myself to do so simply because I've got a deeply-rooted love of some of it, I think.

You could just ignore them, play the games you like and toss the games that suck aside?

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: February 09, 2009, 08:44:31 PM
Well, my main problem with Megaman at the moment is that the games I do like aren't being made anymore.  The last one I gave two shits about was ZX Advent, and that was what, two years ago now?  Even then, Capcom USA couldn't be bothered to spend more than a hundred bucks localizing it, and so the game got ridiculed for poor translation and abhorrent voice acting.  That certainly didn't help matters.  I fear any half-assed attempt Capcom makes to continue it will be met with the same treatment.

The Maverick Hunter X series had huge potential, but Capcom decided to act like a bunch of retarded chimpanzees and release it on a system that nobody in Japan even owned, and now they'll never touch it again.  X9 doesn't seem too likely to me either, at least not an X9 that would surpass or even simply match X8 in quality.

And we all know Megaman Legends 3 is never going to happen unless one of us hands Inafune $15,000,000 in cash (he's probably inflated that figure to $20,000,000 by now).

I liked EXE... for the first three games.  The latter three and Starfuc--er, Starforce never should've even occured.  Although at least EXE5 and 6 were tolerable; I played through the first Starforce game and wanted to fly to Japan to kick Inafune in the balls afterward.  The battle system is 100% Grade-A Recycled, Watered-Down Bullshit.  Just like the plot (the sole exception being the subplot with Sonia, which is the only part of the entire game I actually liked).  I'm not even going to bother with 2 and 3, because I know it's only more of the same.

So where does that leave us? ...With Inafune now planning to milk even more MM Classic games out of the NES.  We're at 7 out of 10 so far.  I'm sure it's great for all you retro fanatics, but I never even liked the original Megaman games.  They're too [tornado fang]ing hard.

So yeah.  Perhaps I'll feel a little better when Capcom actually makes another game I like.

The Other Side

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: February 09, 2009, 08:52:48 PM
I'm sure it's great for all you retro fanatics, but I never even liked the original Megaman games.  They're too [tornado fang]ing hard.

...Hard?  Wow, I guess I'm more hardcore than I thought.   8D

Anyway, all you can really do is hope for the best.  If not, then it's just time to move on really.  Capcom doesn't make MM games that you want anymore, so just move on and wait until they do.  No sense getting upset about it.  I waited 10+ years for a new Classic game, so anything's possible.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: February 09, 2009, 08:57:18 PM
I suppose so.  Also:

Sorry about that.

The Other Side

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: February 09, 2009, 08:59:13 PM
Happens all the time.

In fact, a thread gets re-railed if the topic is interesting enough. Natural flow.

Just don't care.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: February 09, 2009, 09:19:00 PM
So where does that leave us? ...With Inafune now planning to milk even more MM Classic games out of the NES.  We're at 7 out of 10 so far.  I'm sure it's great for all you retro fanatics, but I never even liked the original Megaman games.  They're too [tornado fang]ing hard.

And that's why Capcom USA added an EASY mode to the second game. Go play that. Not to mention how Powered Up also has an EASY mode, you can easily work your way up to making these games [tornado fang]ing EASY.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #65 on: February 09, 2009, 09:30:36 PM
Mega Man 2 (USA & PAL)
   NORMAL (It doesn't say EASY)
> DIFFICULT (Japan's default setting)

And everyone's right about the difficulty. You just have to get adjusted to the games and how things tend to move fast for you to avoid things. Lucky for you, the Easy mode for Powered Up slows down things and it doesn't pack a lot of beating either, so take it easy there, and build up your skills from that to Normal and you're on a good way to become a great player at Classic Mega Man. A series (besides the Bass additions) that didn't depend on dashing or wall-climbing to save your behind. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #66 on: February 09, 2009, 09:43:56 PM
Hey, I like being agile.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: February 09, 2009, 10:03:35 PM
Mega Man 2 (USA & PAL)
   NORMAL (It doesn't say EASY)
> DIFFICULT (Japan's default setting)

Propaganda.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #68 on: February 09, 2009, 10:08:43 PM
That's a lot of propaganda to spurt out of the haystack of the Big C and land on our door steps.
But I believe you for now. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: February 09, 2009, 10:43:42 PM
Well, my main problem with Megaman at the moment is that the games I do like aren't being made anymore.  The last one I gave two shits about was ZX Advent, and that was what, two years ago now?  Even then, Capcom USA couldn't be bothered to spend more than a hundred bucks localizing it, and so the game got ridiculed for poor translation and abhorrent voice acting.  That certainly didn't help matters.  I fear any half-assed attempt Capcom makes to continue it will be met with the same treatment.

The Maverick Hunter X series had huge potential, but Capcom decided to act like a bunch of retarded chimpanzees and release it on a system that nobody in Japan even owned, and now they'll never touch it again.  X9 doesn't seem too likely to me either, at least not an X9 that would surpass or even simply match X8 in quality.

And we all know Megaman Legends 3 is never going to happen unless one of us hands Inafune $15,000,000 in cash (he's probably inflated that figure to $20,000,000 by now).

I liked EXE... for the first three games.  The latter three and Starfuc--er, Starforce never should've even occured.  Although at least EXE5 and 6 were tolerable; I played through the first Starforce game and wanted to fly to Japan to kick Inafune in the balls afterward.  The battle system is 100% Grade-A Recycled, Watered-Down Bullshit.  Just like the plot (the sole exception being the subplot with Sonia, which is the only part of the entire game I actually liked).  I'm not even going to bother with 2 and 3, because I know it's only more of the same.

So yeah.  Perhaps I'll feel a little better when Capcom actually makes another game I like.
I somewhat agree with you. since i *somewhat* enjoyed the SF series. the last great BN game IMHO was BN3. iut started going downhill from there. I mean, look at 6, thats not even a CHALLENGE. you have very good chips available to buy VERY early in the game, making it easy as [parasitic bomb], whereas in 3, you had to fork over an arm and a leg in the undernet, which was also annoying as heck in order to be able to buy ONE super duper chip. SF has the same problem.
but I digress.

its true, that they were very stupid in releasing MHX on the PSp=P. it was still too new I think. they should have just stuck with the PS2. nobody would have minded it. or even better, once they saw the sales on the PSP wernt working out, they could have ported ito over to the PS2. we might have had a MHX2 by now.
and then theres Advent. yeah. it STILL baffles me why they used the X7 cast when they had already moved on to the much better Ocean group for 2 X games already. seriously. I STILL dont get it. and god help me if ZX3 has the same voice cast I will throw my game out the window.

and I agree on the NES bit... a little. the MMclasic nes games were hard, but think about it, if they were too easy, they would have been too short. plus, they are that hard that when you beat it, it really feels satisfying. however, that era has PASSED. if you want to make an NES game for nostalgia, its ok. one game for the nostalgia is acceptable and even desirable. its kind of silly that theyd make it a mainstream game, but thats overlookable. it was Megamans anniversary, and it was retro. but if they think they can abuse the excuse of "retro" and "nostalgia" to crap out NES game after Nes game, then there seriously stupid. and incredibly lazy. the same goes for a Snes style X9. that would be just being lazy, and just screwing with the plot further. because lets face it... with the depth and complexity the X series has grown in terms of storytelling, how much story do you think can really be told and twisted around in an Snes game? ecause if they make it, then they are, 9if MM9 is anything to go by,) going to basically make another X1. you dont get an air dash, and we'd be lucky if we get Zero. and forget Axl. how the hell are they going to Snesify a character that requires more for him to work? he has multi directional rapid firing. and can copy enemies forms. as well as hover and air dash from the start. those things never existed in the Snes X series, and if capcom decides to stick to the "true Snes style" of the X series, Axl will get messed up. BIG time. then Zero. if we even get him, Snes Zero has never really been portrayed too well I think. i dont remember who here it was who said it, but I agree. in the X snes series, he was still buster only. i wonder how well they would portray him now that hes saber only?  especially since his abilities have also evolved. he now uses multiple types of Melee weapons, and has a few more complicated moves. as well as being able to double jump and air dash from the start. he would probably be degraded bad. or, they could pull a MM9, and make him a DL character like protoman, but with no story as well.
dammnit capcom.... >__<

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: February 09, 2009, 11:01:47 PM
two tl;dr's in a row.

i heard complaining about MHX in there. Capcom may very well rerelease it and MMPU on PSN. that could help jog interest.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: February 09, 2009, 11:03:39 PM
I totally wouldn't mind if the MHX and MMPU series get continued on PSN. In fact, that would be great.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: February 10, 2009, 12:46:13 AM
And everyone's right about the difficulty. You just have to get adjusted to the games and how things tend to move fast for you to avoid things.
Yeah, the games tend to force you to practice a bit before you can get very far into them.  I think that's why they started adding intro stages; it encourages casual players to keep going when they can say "Hey, that was easy, I can do this!"  But I also like the style of having plenty of resistance right up front, which is how it naturally is in a game where you earn your abilities level-by-level.

its true, that they were very stupid in releasing MHX on the PSp=P. it was still too new I think. they should have just stuck with the PS2. nobody would have minded it. or even better, once they saw the sales on the PSP wernt working out, they could have ported ito over to the PS2. we might have had a MHX2 by now.
DS, man, DS!

but if they think they can abuse the excuse of "retro" and "nostalgia" to crap out NES game after Nes game, then there seriously stupid. and incredibly lazy.
It's not lazy if they find ways to make it fresh each time.  There's still a lot of room to work with in the retro style.  Just look at how many different kinds of games were made for the real NES!

you dont get an air dash, and we'd be lucky if we get Zero. and forget Axl. how the hell are they going to Snesify a character that requires more for him to work? he has multi directional rapid firing. and can copy enemies forms. as well as hover and air dash from the start. those things never existed in the Snes X series, and if capcom decides to stick to the "true Snes style" of the X series, Axl will get messed up. BIG time. then Zero. if we even get him, Snes Zero has never really been portrayed too well I think. i dont remember who here it was who said it, but I agree. in the X snes series, he was still buster only. i wonder how well they would portray him now that hes saber only?  especially since his abilities have also evolved. he now uses multiple types of Melee weapons, and has a few more complicated moves. as well as being able to double jump and air dash from the start. he would probably be degraded bad. or, they could pull a MM9, and make him a DL character like protoman, but with no story as well.
dammnit capcom.... >__<
Now you're just getting angry about something that doesn't even exist yet.  How do you know they would have to dumb it down so much to make it X1-X3 style?  And how do you know it would be a bad thing if they did?  I mean, look at how many abilities were added just between X1 and X3.  Zero's well known for being a swordsman now.  If he can have all his sword moves on the Game Boy Color, why not on the Super Nintendo?  Axl's moves don't sound that difficult to implement either.  Even if it would be too much for an SNES game, that doesn't mean it wouldn't happen in a game that's only trying to look like one.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: February 10, 2009, 02:35:02 AM
If Inafune's involved, Axl won't even -be- there.

The Other Side

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: February 10, 2009, 02:36:52 AM
I can live without Axl, to be honest.