The Great Gonzo · 90709

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #475 on: December 29, 2009, 05:06:29 AM
* Their recommended order (and Capcom's) is Cut, Guts, Elec, Ice, Fire, and Bomb.
...for what possible reason would one NOT switch Guts and Cut in that order?  

* Suggested order is Air, Metal, Bubble, Heat, Wood, Crash, Flash, and Quick. Sounds about right.
Sounds nowhere NEAR right to me, but then MM2's weakness cycle is pretty wonky.  Nevertheless, I do Air, Crash, Flash, Quick, Metal, Bubble, Heat, Wood.

* Suggested order is Top, Shadow, Spark, Magnet, Hard, Gemini, Needle, and Snake.
At least the weapon effects make sense this time.  But IMHO anyone who tackles Gemini first out of the final three is out of their [tornado fang]ing mind.  He's the toughest of the eight to buster-only.  I start with Needle; assuming he doesn't land on top of you his attacks aren't too tricky, and his stage has a free E-Tank just in case.

I remember a few things from the NES Game Atlas
Oh man, THAT brings back memories.  Rock Monster, the Quick Man beams that don't exist, fun stuff there.  They also backed the whole Break Man training idea, too.

And they're also oblivious to Top Spin on Gamma, IIRC, claiming that only Search Snake works.  Funny thing is my brother tipped me off about Top Spin before we ever got that book.  Didn't know Search Snake worked before then.

For that matter, I don't think they cover weakness weapons on ANY of MM3's fortress bosses.  I didn't even know about Search Snake on MM3's clones until last console generation.  And all they tell you about Rock Monster/Yellow Devil is that you don't have Elec/Thunder Beam (and they referenced it in MM1 without referencing the pause trick).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #476 on: December 29, 2009, 05:19:36 AM
But IMHO anyone who tackles Gemini first (...) is out of their [tornado fang]ing mind.

; - ;

You could go for Snake, if you use Shadow Blade. Then you can go for Gemini and Needle in that order. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #477 on: December 29, 2009, 05:22:05 AM
Well, that video was humiliating to watch.  Hats off to ye, Vix.

I shouldn't talk anyway.  I know Zan thinks I'm nuts for choosing Needle.  And out of the remaining five I do Shadow first.  Even though Top is the obvious intended, I just like saving him for last.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #478 on: December 29, 2009, 05:59:26 AM
Sounds nowhere NEAR right to me, but then MM2's weakness cycle is pretty wonky.  Nevertheless, I do Air, Crash, Flash, Quick, Metal, Bubble, Heat, Wood.

It's been so long since I've played MM2 that I completely forgot. ^^;

My plans to scour Fortunecity for old MM sites that aren't "King Weasel Productions" failed when I realized that FC lacks a proper search function. I can try rooting through his "Links" page tomorrow, but for now, does anyone know of any?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #479 on: December 29, 2009, 06:03:43 AM
I know Zan thinks I'm nuts for choosing Needle. 

No secret as to why you choose Needle first.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #480 on: December 29, 2009, 06:12:38 AM

I beat Needle Man first, with the buster, so I could unlock Power Battle in MMAC~ :3 </wii>

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #481 on: December 29, 2009, 08:18:17 AM
You're nuts for choosing ShadowMan OR NeedleMan first, Hypershell!

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #482 on: December 29, 2009, 03:51:49 PM
I once started with Hard Man...the first time I´ve played MM3...I got PWND beyond believe

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Reply #483 on: December 29, 2009, 04:08:55 PM
I once started with Hard Man...the first time I´ve played MM3...I got PWND beyond believe

Well, what did you expect? He is called Hard Man, after all. >U<

Nonetheless, I usually play it "safe" by following the recommended weakness order, in MM games. Once I get better, I may blast RMs in a random order.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #484 on: December 29, 2009, 05:38:18 PM
Same here.

Well, that plan failed. >.> Not only did I forget that KWP doesn't seem to have a "Links" page, but Google didn't help much, either.

So, getting off that subject--I noticed a couple of recurring things about the "old days", like incredibly pimped-out fan Reploids and Roll fanboyism (not sure how widespread that was, or if my memory was tainted by NAdM). Anyone got anything else?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #485 on: December 29, 2009, 08:06:07 PM

I much prefer beating up Snake first.

Offline Jetfire

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #486 on: January 05, 2010, 09:48:43 PM
I remember a theory from the website that is now called Planet Megaman, that Iris would return all grown up in X5 and take Sigma's side to try to get Zero change sides.

Then there was that theory that Zero was created evil, uploaded a new memory and would turn on X when the time was right, which was proposed by the same guy that thought that Bass's memory was put into Vile.

Lets not forget the theory that Axl and Red were the same person split into two beings back when people thought that Red had the same copy ability as Axl.

I once thought the Cartoon was canon

I also thought at one time that Megaman Juno created the Reverbots.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #487 on: January 05, 2010, 09:59:35 PM
I remember a theory from the website that is now called Planet Megaman, that Iris would return all grown up in X5 and take Sigma's side to try to get Zero change sides.

I thought she was grown up in X4. :/

While the one about Red and Axl is interesting, it'd just be a retread of Colonel and Iris, except offing one doesn't explode the other's brain.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #488 on: January 05, 2010, 10:06:51 PM

While the one about Red and Axl is interesting, it'd just be a retread of Colonel and Iris, except offing one doesn't explode the other's brain.
?
Offing Colonel had nothing to do with Iris. Your thinking Middy and Techno. Who both shared a CPU, and thus both died when the other did.
What happened, Iris went nuts out of grief that her brother had been killed by her lover is what happened. Not that her brain malfunctioned because of Colonel's death.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #489 on: January 05, 2010, 10:08:57 PM
What happened, Iris went nuts out of grief that her brother had been killed by her lover is what happened. Not that her brain malfunctioned because of Colonel's death.

I didn't mean it literally.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #490 on: January 05, 2010, 10:13:57 PM
Should have used a better analogy then...
And for the sake of argument- If Red and Axl were one split in two or any of that... Who's to say that one WOULDNT go Iris at the other's death? Axl and Red were pretty close.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #491 on: January 05, 2010, 10:33:32 PM

I believe you're forgetting something. She inserted Colonel's CPU, Ultimate Soldier and all that.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #492 on: January 05, 2010, 11:35:28 PM
Yeah, but because she installed it. (lol, I forgot that part)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #493 on: January 06, 2010, 12:44:42 AM
Well, brain exploding still stands.  Just in a more indirect way.  As expected Iris's system rejected Colonel's components, so she was pretty much toast then (as I am always obligated to point out, you can beat Iris in X4 without ever touching her).

Then there was that theory that Zero was created evil, uploaded a new memory and would turn on X when the time was right, which was proposed by the same guy that thought that Bass's memory was put into Vile.
The opportunity for that already existed in X5.  No reason for Awakened Zero to be announcing his intentions if he's content to stab X in the back.

Safe bet that she is.  Sensei specifically notes trying to make her look younger for Xtreme2 in the MMXOCW commentary.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #494 on: February 02, 2010, 10:50:08 PM
Im sorry! Im sorry! Im sorry!

But I just remembered an old fanon theory and just had to post it! (forgive me for necroing!)

I recall hearing once that Weil was Cain gone bad.
it was like this.
As Cain got older he eventually needed brain implants or something, and his implants caught the virus, and thus he went evil. I always thought that was the funniest [parasitic bomb] ever.

Also, I never delivered on that Command mission strategy guide scans. Ill post them later today, promise.

Posted on: February 02, 2010, 02:51:40 AM
Alright, here are the scans for the opening little thing done by Bradygames.

which is of questionable Canonity. It would fit if it was, but I dont think it counts.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #495 on: February 02, 2010, 11:23:05 PM
BradyGames is also responsible for the atrocious FF9 Official Strategy guide, so yeah...

Also, that doesn't make much sense. Also, the CM instruction booklet has Redips spelled two different ways.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #496 on: February 02, 2010, 11:28:16 PM
because Capcom US is very oh so clever, and tried to dissociate Spider and Redips by spelling Redips as "Rideps" (in japanese, they have different katakana so its not the same as simply reading it backwards or something)
I dont see how it doesnt make sense. X and Zero are not of the eastern Hunters, but the Western Hunters. Redips is in charge of the eastern like Signas is in the Western

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #497 on: February 02, 2010, 11:30:20 PM
I was mainly just babbling. Still, it says Redips and Rideps in the book. It comes off as "TYPO" not "OH MY GOD HOW CLEVER!"

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #498 on: February 03, 2010, 01:41:09 AM
I recall hearing once that Weil was Cain gone bad.
it was like this.
As Cain got older he eventually needed brain implants or something, and his implants caught the virus, and thus he went evil. I always thought that was the funniest [parasitic bomb] ever.
Ah, I remembered posting that before the great reset. XD

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #499 on: February 03, 2010, 01:45:06 AM
I was mainly just babbling. Still, it says Redips and Rideps in the book. It comes off as "TYPO" not "OH MY GOD HOW CLEVER!"
Yet Cappy clearly did it on purpose.

"Hey, smart players might figure out Spider is Redips backwards just from the manual! Oh, I know! Lets switch the I and the E! No one will be the wiser!!"

They thought they were being clever by doing it. whereas that wasnt clever at all, but stupid.