I look forward to that :D

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #602 on: June 23, 2010, 09:56:44 AM
Flash: Coded was a cell phone game originally, thus no analog joystick. The DS has no analog joystick (the 3DS may, but Re: Coded isn't for that). That's probably all they meant. Makes the transfer simple; no need to incorporate joystick controls.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #603 on: June 23, 2010, 10:07:06 AM
For most people who didn't import,

[spoiler]this will be the first time they fight Dual Wielding Roxas, who will likely follow a similar pattern to his Final Mix+ form. They've been quietly sneaking in some KHII FM stuff in some of these titles, like the Multiplayer menu music in 358/2 Days is just Cavern of Remembrance's normal music.[/spoiler]

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #604 on: June 23, 2010, 12:45:55 PM
Flash: Coded was a cell phone game originally, thus no analog joystick. The DS has no analog joystick (the 3DS may, but Re: Coded isn't for that). That's probably all they meant. Makes the transfer simple; no need to incorporate joystick controls.
I know that. But it's already been stated that the gameplay has changed. Plus the videos make it seem quite different, and with some 3D movement. How would an analog stick not be good in those cases?

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #605 on: June 23, 2010, 02:16:52 PM
358/2 Days has 3D movement and there hasn't been a problem at all w/ a D-pad (or to me, there hasn't been any problems.)

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #606 on: June 23, 2010, 02:32:44 PM
It did hurt my thumb a bit

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #607 on: June 23, 2010, 02:36:06 PM
Only thing that hurt me while playing that game was the over-abundance of ice cream scenes.

I used to troll that they probably could have squeezed in the Pinocchio stage if they cut all of those out. After beating the game, I'd probably have been dead right.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #608 on: June 23, 2010, 03:25:19 PM
It did hurt my thumb a bit
And it's frustrating to handle any 3D game with a d-pad nowadays. You just can't turn and move as well as you would with an analog.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #609 on: June 23, 2010, 07:27:49 PM
More details from the Famitsu interview with Tetsuya Nomura...

- "We had originally planned to make Coded playable on a wider variety of mobile phones. However, we wound up supporting far fewer than we first envisioned, and in the end it was released on nothing at all in North America. As a result, we decided to release Re:coded on the most popular hardware out there so more people can play it. It also helped that the game was designed for non-analog controls from the start."

- "We originally planned for a straight port from the mobile-phone version, but due to differences in resolution and so forth, everything except for the movie scenes had to be rebuilt. After thinking over the capabilities of the platform, we decided to redo the game sections in 3D and keep the text-based events in 2D. In 358/2 Days we built realtime events with low-poly character models, but they didn't have as much impact as we thought considering the amount of work that went into them. We really wanted to show off the characters here, so the event scenes work as they did in The World Ends With You. There's a wide variety of expressions and poses to each character, so even though it's 2D, the visuals still have a real depth to them."

- "The concept of the battle system was to take Coded, add 358/2 Days and Birth by Sleep, and incorporate all of the parts that made each of those games special. Mixing all three together resulted in something completely new, so I think even people who played Coded already can enjoy this."

- "One of the concepts of this project was to aim for something casual users could enjoy. We concentrated on core users in 358/2 Days, and we received feedback that the game's controls were hard to use. With this game, we retained the simplified controls from the mobile-phone Coded -- there's an auto-jump feature, and you'll automatically move toward enemies even if you're a little too far out of range to attack. I think that makes the game more exciting to play than 358/2 Days. Tai Yasue, co-director on Birth by Sleep, is balancing the battle system in this game, and the same team's reworking the maps as well."

- "Instead of multiplayer, we're concentrating on local-based online content. Coded allowed you to use avatars from [the mobile-phone only] Kingdom Hearts Online, but these avatars will also appear in Re:coded as part of the online interface. Most of the avatars we've released so far will be in there, so you can use Birth By Sleep's heroes or Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII if you like."

- "It's over 80% complete. We made people wait a while between announcing Birth by Sleep and releasing it, but that won't happen this time -- we'll announce a release date soon."

- "(Kingdom Hearts 3DS)It's not a remake, but a wholly new project. Sora and Riku are the two heroes this time, and we're selecting new worlds for the game now. 3D is going to be the next step forward for the series after 358/2 Days, BbS and Coded."

- "I can't say yet (what the story will be like) but it'll be something that player won't expect, something that tears down story developments that have been going along with expectations up to now. There are a lot of hints put into Re:coded along those lines, so if you're interested, I hope you can give it a try. We'll release it as quickly as we can -- I can't say anything more at this point."

"Their (Sora, Jiminy) hurting will be mended / when you return to end it" (in Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded)

- "Over the past half year, we haven't been particularly forthcoming with information, but for these two titles (Re:Coded and The Third Birthday), starting this month, we'll be constantly sharing detailed information until release."

- "There are other games that have yet to be announced, and at this Fall's Tokyo Game Show there will also be new announcements, so please look forward to it."

- King Mickey digitizes Jiminy's report on the situation, but Sora can't get it due to some weird corruption going on in the Disney world
- strange blocks have popped up all over the place, and King Mickey has tasked Sora with figuring out what's going on
- the Heartless are slowing taking over Disney castle
- dialog has been changed around somewhat since the cell phone release
- will feature auto-jump option for those that want it
- some side-scrolling stages

The following information is from composer Yoko Shimomura...

- three songs for Re:Coded
- says Normura's orders for the game aren't too tough
- Shimomura created 2 songs for the original Re:Coded release
- Famitsu listened to the song for "Data World", which has a chiptune vibe that still pays tribute to the Kingdom Hearts style
- contains a large number of songs from the Kingdom Hearts series

Source

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #610 on: June 23, 2010, 07:32:00 PM
- "I can't say yet (what the story will be like) but it'll be something that player won't expect, something that tears down story developments that have been going along with expectations up to now. There are a lot of hints put into Re:coded along those lines, so if you're interested, I hope you can give it a try. We'll release it as quickly as we can -- I can't say anything more at this point."
It's official. Nomura is the new Joe Quesada.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #611 on: June 23, 2010, 08:59:45 PM
Watch it be that Xehanort retakes over Riku.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #612 on: June 24, 2010, 09:46:02 PM
Such a shame as KH and the interquel CoM strarted off so well but now it is just more and more confusing with each game. I admit it took me awhile to realize that he is just making things up as he goes along.

Offline CephiYumi

• RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #613 on: June 24, 2010, 09:47:55 PM
I admit it took me awhile to realize that he is just making things up as he goes along.

I'm pretty sure most people do that, and it's not necessarily a bad thing ^^;

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #614 on: June 24, 2010, 09:54:28 PM
I'm pretty sure most people do that, and it's not necessarily a bad thing ^^;
It's a bad thing when you have no idea of what you wrote two games ago and make up [parasitic bomb] to explain what would go better unexplained.

Also, retcons BAD.

Offline CephiYumi

• RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #615 on: June 24, 2010, 09:56:59 PM
Yeah, I agree it's bad if they forget parts of the story so far x3  Retcons don't really bother me though

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #616 on: June 24, 2010, 10:04:36 PM

DAT GOOGLE. 8D

GEE THANKS. XD
I'm betting that these are the "soulless" version of the heartless 'tho. :\

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #617 on: June 24, 2010, 10:26:55 PM
In before Org 13 reforms as all unversed or heartless or whatever.

It's almost damn obvious everyone's going to be alive by the end, even the Org XIII people in their original forms.

Hell, the only person who may remain dead is probably Old Man Spock-with-a-million-dicks-in-his-mouth.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #618 on: June 24, 2010, 10:27:45 PM
The Unversed, if memory serves, are precursors to the Nobodies and Heartless. As such, I'm not sure what they'll be like.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #619 on: June 24, 2010, 10:33:59 PM
Hell, the only person who may remain dead is probably Old Man Spock-with-a-million-dicks-in-his-mouth.
Dude, he's the boss in all games, of course he comes back.

And yeah. Death in KH means as much as death in DBZ.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #620 on: June 24, 2010, 11:56:18 PM
Dude, he's the boss in all games, of course he comes back.

And yeah. Death in KH means as much as death in DBZ.
I mean in the ending. It's almost a no-brainer he's going to be back while possessing Riku or something. Nomura is practically building up to that.

Or [tornado fang], an attempted swerve with some random crap involving Vanitas, causing him to possess Sora.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #621 on: June 25, 2010, 12:24:46 AM
It's almost damn obvious everyone's going to be alive by the end, even the Org XIII people in their original forms.

Nomura said it himself that no one actually "dies" in the KH universe.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #622 on: June 25, 2010, 12:25:28 AM
I mean in the ending. It's almost a no-brainer he's going to be back while possessing Riku or something. Nomura is practically building up to that.

Or [tornado fang], an attempted swerve with some random crap involving Vanitas, causing him to possess Sora.
Haven't played it yet so I wouldn't know. Though I'm pretty much the only person in the world who thinks his voice is the damn best in the whole game. But I'm a Nimoy fanboy, so I'm biased.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #623 on: July 01, 2010, 09:04:01 AM
Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded official Japanese site

Quote from: GoNintendo
- speedy battles and simple controls
- Final Fantasy characters included
- characters section features Sora, King Mickey, Jiminy Cricket, Donald Duck, Goofy and Chip & Dale, with more coming
- takes place after Kingdom Hearts II
- Jiminy Cricket finds a message in his journal that he doesn't remember writing
- Mickey has Jiminy's journal converted into data form for analysis, but the data ends up being corrupted
- Mickey finds the data version of Sora to help fix this corruption
- Play as a digital version of Sora

Archer

Reply #624 on: July 02, 2010, 11:55:12 AM
You guys should expect these things from Nomura by now