Games everybody dislikes, that you like

OKeijiDragon · 55861

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
on: May 05, 2010, 05:54:59 PM
Why don't we talk about what games we like that others dread. =P

Anyways, I always enjoyed this game ever since I was about nine years old:

Yep, a 16-Bit Simpsons game. Note that this is the Super Nintendo version, and that dogshit degraded Sega Genesis/Mega Drive port. Personally, I feel that this is one of the most underrated games based on the Simpsons license, at least. To many people the controls suck, but I think it just needs some getting used to for a little while; even then, it's loads better than how say ShTH plays. It does have some irritating moments in the game, but it definitely not an impossible game to beat, it just takes trial and error. This is my second favorite Simpsons game behind Hit & Run, which is admittedly a superior game. I haven't played any of the other 16-Bit Simpsons titles so I don't know what the rest of them are like.

Last year, I got to play it again after disusing it for so many years and did a PEMNAS video run on YouTube. It got so popular that it's gradually becoming one of the first results that show up when you search "Virtual Bart" on YouTube and even Google! [spoiler]PEMNAS stands for "PLEASE EXCUSE MY NOOB ASS SKILLS". I invented the term myself.[/spoiler]
Here are some of my favorite levels in the game:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BANuB-POCGs&[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz9y6BmEa8k&[/youtube]

But enough about me, what games do you enjoy that others sadly [acid burst] on?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 06:59:03 PM
Ah, I remember this from before the crash. And it's counterpart.

X6 is on my list. As are Luigi's Mansion, Mario Sunshine, and the PS2 Castlevanias. There may be more that I can't think of at the moment.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 07:06:54 PM
For me it has to be Mario Kart Wii. That seems to be all I can think of.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 07:19:53 PM
Kingdom Hearts (the series)
Final Fantasy X
Megaman ZXA
No More Heroes
Mario Kart Wii

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 07:30:22 PM

(the series itself)

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

• Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 07:33:31 PM
People hate Star Force?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 07:36:00 PM
Besides the fact that people hate everything, yes, have you never been in forums outside the Megaman fanbase?

• Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 07:37:40 PM
Besides the fact that people hate everything, yes, have you never been in forums outside the Megaman fanbase?
I come from a forum that's outside of the Megaman fanbase, but I don't hear much about Star Force.

But you're right. People will hate everything. It's [tornado fang]ing stupid.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 07:42:59 PM
Honestly, most people this side of the world never really liked anything that had to do with the EXE universe in the first place, hell, I remember most magazine reviews here giving all games after EXE3 only scores of <6.

Offline dragontamer272

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 07:58:35 PM

Visit my art gallery at deviantart today. http://dragontamer272.deviantart.com/

Yes, I am now one of those so-called "Bronies".

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 08:27:17 PM

Everybody dissed B&W, but I thought it was really cool. Maybe just because I missed all the hype...

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 09:33:33 PM
BN 4 - hell Shade Man was a great Villain for half of the game. I liked to fight regular navis and Heel Navis (Who finnaly weren´t just pussies that only let Viruses fight for them) I wish I could finish it but the rom crashes after the wood man fight....
Duck Tales 2 - C´mon people, show this game the love it deserves! Altough I just think this game is just overlooked rather than disliked...
Megaman X8 - I think it´s more fun than X3,X4,X5,X6.
Home Alone 2 (NES) - Weird game, but it somehow grew on me...
Monsters in my Pocket (NES) Dunno, kinda liked it...
TMNT (NES) - Never finished stage 6 but it still is one of my favourite games, screw you AVGN!

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 09:38:18 PM
I've never had that problem with the BN4 rom...

My choices are Tai's, with the exception of Judgment, because I've never played it. I like all the EXE and SF games!

Also, Bart's Nightmare. Don't know if that one is generally hated, but I love that game.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 10:06:04 PM
How'd I forget X8? Add that to my list. MKW goes on there, too, I guess. I still think it's better than Double Dash.

Would Street Fighter 3 count?

::edit:: Oh, add Sonic and the Secret Rings as well.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 10:48:46 PM
Considering half of my GBA and DS collection is made up of underraited titles, that nobody seems to care about (and most of my home console titles are made up of (mostly) popular titles, so yeah). So I'll just name a few from various consoles:

Monster Rancher 2 (PSX)

I do belive not everyone was a fan of Monster Rancher at the time, and thought it was a Poke'clone on the PSX, kinda like Digimon was on the DS (and predecessors on diffrent consoles before it), it actually plays more like an arcade breeder. You raise you lone monster, freeze it, fuse it to create a stronger one (depending of the stats of each parent) or just to show off your own Mr. Badass.

Battle system was more fun, as you had more control of your monster too. the Left and Right analog sticks control the monster's basic movements, the X, Triangle, Square, and Circle buttons have the attacks, rather than letting the menu do all the work on a tiny screen.

Namco Musem (Multi-Platform)

While this gallery of games is Namco's way of saying "In Ya Face, 'Foo!" and most of the time was ignored, I kinda bought a few ports, and boy, each version had it's own set of extra games other than the big guns. You got Mappy, Toypop, and other [parasitic bomb] that nobody cared about, but it was on a disk so it was a very big deal, same with the GBA port of Xevious. Namco, we love ya.

Shadow the Hedgehog (Multi-Platform, again.)

Now I might be the only one who can tolerate (most) Sonic games, and this one pissed me off quite a bit, but I do say the silver lining to this game was the multi-player that nobody even knew about. Even though the GCN and PC multiplayer was vastly superior to the PS2 version, but for me, the PS2 version had a little more response than the most of 'em.

Super Robot Wars OG1 + 2 (GBA)

While the Super Robot Wars franchise was huge in japan, a small rebel force penetraited the sheild generaitor and landed on US soil, it wasn't very popular due to it starting out sometime in the handheld's lifespan (along with MAJOR GBA titles coming out) and licensing drama, but it had a cult following outside the US, which resulted of the Endless Frontier series to be brought over to the US.

Sonic Pinball Party (GBA)

Even though I own a copy through a compilation pak, it's pinball. and I am a fan, I'll admit. Tricky stages, challenging modes, and the Tiny Chao Garden made this one a classic for me (others had Sonic Advance and whatnot, while this title was mostly ignored without the two-pack, and I was in elementary BTW when the game first came out) when I got it used.

Jurassic Park (SEGA)

Now THIS is how a movie licensed title should be made. While it has bugs here and there, by far it's one of the best out there, yet overlooked at the same time. Playing as a Velociraptor was teh shiz. Why play Grant when you can play the guy that's trying to KILL him? Yeeahh.

Rocket Knight Adventures (SEGA)

While it may be viewed as a Sonic clone on the cover, but you know what they say, sometimes you just can't judge a book by it's cover. It's Konami, the king of TV show license based arcade games. While it was a platformer, it felt arcad-y at the same time,
with the story progressing at the same time while you are playing the game.

Being a kamikaze knight has never been so much fun.

While these are SOME of the games I own in my large collection, but boy, I had fun playin' them.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 10:50:56 PM
X6, man. The best gaming mess ever.

Silent Hill 4 isn't quite hated, but I LOVE the game, and people certainly don't love it, so there.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 11:09:48 PM
Gaia... I like how you used time periods separated by at least 5 years as the same time frame. PSX and DS; the PSX had died 4 years before the DS came out. That being said, your point is that people felt Digimon was a Pokémon clone, and had similar feelings for Monster Rancher. I enjoy Monster Rancher, myself.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 11:29:22 PM
Gaia... I like how you used time periods separated by at least 5 years as the same time frame. PSX and DS; the PSX had died 4 years before the DS came out. That being said, your point is that people felt Digimon was a Pokémon clone, and had similar feelings for Monster Rancher. I enjoy Monster Rancher, myself.

Even though I seperated the time periods at least 5 years, what it meant was that a supposed "clone" of pokemon can surpass the origional, at times. Just that these games are somewhat overlooked. Look at Telefang.  :P

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 11:33:43 PM
lol good point

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 11:43:27 PM
People hate Star Force?

With a burning passion. Starforce represents all the wrong things to do with Megaman.

Also, "Games everybody dislikes" simply cannot apply to Kingdom Hearts. If you don't like Kingdom Hearts perhaps you should completely reevaluate whether you actually like video games or not.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 11:43:58 PM
Magic Sword I suppose.

• Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 11:47:37 PM
With a burning passion. Starforce represents all the wrong things to do with Megaman.
Care to elaborate or are we just bashing the series for some reason that shouldn't be an issue? óVó

Also, "Games everybody dislikes" simply cannot apply to Kingdom Hearts. If you don't like Kingdom Hearts perhaps you should completely reevaluate whether you actually like video games or not.
I guess that has more to do with the fact that it's often the glutton for fangirls' yaoi fanfics (plus, it does get pretty FLAMING HOMOSEXUAL in some parts of KHII).

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 11:51:33 PM
I saw a few people in school who didn't like Kingdom Hearts.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 12:01:09 AM
The main gripe I've heard is that you fight with a key.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 12:09:52 AM
The only reason why Sonic's less popular these days is Sega's AND the fan's actions.

And Remember: KH + SQ/Disney = Ungodly amount of fans of both sides. It's very popular because of it's mixture of two already popular companies, I belive. And the center of mass run-down old gags.

I never liked it because of it's dragged-80-hour+ darkness story.