Sonic Unleashed

Phi · 204697

Poll

Which version of Unleashed will you buy?

PS3
3 (9.7%)
12 (38.7%)
Wii
12 (38.7%)
PS2
4 (12.9%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
on: November 08, 2008, 05:01:07 PM
Decided to start this topic over with some recent videos.

Holoska Trailer

Adabat Wii Trailer

Adabat Gameplay (X-Play)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 05:03:52 PM
Yeah, I saw the X-Play footage and suddenly my interest rose again. It's a constant ebb and flow when it comes to my feelings for the game, but the X-Play footage really helped to show off some of the actual daytime platforming, and for that I am thankful.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 05:14:07 PM
Awesome! 0v0

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 06:32:23 PM
My only worry is how they'll do with the night time parts. They kind of have to realize that the people playing this game are going to play it more at night thanks to their daily lives (for instance, school, work, and extracurricular activities). What 'time' is considered 'night' in the game? 7pm? 9pm? If you think about it like that, unless you switch your Wii's clock to the opposite time (literally am to pm), you may end up playing the game more like the werehog they put in there rather than a blue blur (even if you do change the time, what time is considered day?).

I'm more wary of the werehog more than anything. It actually seems to be like a genuine Sonic experience from what I've seen, the kind of Sonic that everyone loved way back when. It's that giant monster that's killing it, and I can't help but feel sorry for Sonic, especially when stuff like that is constantly happening (and can they seriously stop adding in new characters every damn game?! Why should we care about this thing called Chip? It's not Tails or Knuckles, or hell even Amy or Cream or Shadow or Rogue! It's just another character they added in for the hell of it, and if it turns out Chip is a part of some monstrous demon thing, then that isn't exactly going to be the biggest plot twist in the history of games ><)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 07:19:52 PM
One thing i would like to wonder about, will the Wii/PS2 version be similar to the XB360/PS3 Version, or is Dimps gonna make some "Run foward the entire level" levels? Because I hated SAdv2, and I would prefer if they made the levels similar in style to SAdv3.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 07:29:39 PM
My only worry is how they'll do with the night time parts. They kind of have to realize that the people playing this game are going to play it more at night thanks to their daily lives (for instance, school, work, and extracurricular activities). What 'time' is considered 'night' in the game? 7pm? 9pm? If you think about it like that, unless you switch your Wii's clock to the opposite time (literally am to pm), you may end up playing the game more like the werehog they put in there rather than a blue blur (even if you do change the time, what time is considered day?).

i'm 99.99% positive that the day/night stages are just stages you can play whenever you want. they don't depend on the system's internal clock.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 07:34:34 PM
One thing i would like to wonder about, will the Wii/PS2 version be similar to the XB360/PS3 Version, or is Dimps gonna make some "Run foward the entire level" levels? Because I hated SAdv2, and I would prefer if they made the levels similar in style to SAdv3.

I don't think there's any difference between the PS2 and other versions, but the Wii is supposed to be different to take advantage of the Wiimote.

i'm 99.99% positive that the day/night stages are just stages you can play whenever you want. they don't depend on the system's internal clock.

Not what I heard. I heard it was the actual internal clock that determines if Sonic is normal or not.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 07:37:51 PM
Not what I heard. I heard it was the actual internal clock that determines if Sonic is normal or not.

come on. Sonic Team isn't THAT stupid.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 07:38:59 PM
So you gotta play the game at night to become Weresonic?

LOL

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 07:49:58 PM
Modified internal engine (Wii, PS2),Dimps (Wii, PS2 daytime stage design)

This is what is bugging me, I want the REAL version of this game, and this is making the Wii/PS2 Versions seem like Crappy Handheld versions of Console games.

Offline Deadpool

• Robot Master
  • Give me your brains!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 08, 2008, 08:48:10 PM
Does anyone know if the designers put a "Super-Werehog" for the final boss fight with Dark Gaia.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008, 08:51:51 PM
Yes. He has infinite unleashed trigger and is extremely overpowered, can summon claws to circle around him, and pull of some freakish combos.

Offline Deadpool

• Robot Master
  • Give me your brains!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 08, 2008, 08:53:15 PM
"Ha-ha"

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 03:22:21 PM
now its official
SEGA pushed the release back
the Xbox360 and the PS3 version on't be released until next year but the Wii and PS2 version will be released on 18.December

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 03:52:17 PM
that could actually be a good thing for PS360 owners.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 04:45:44 PM
For what region? This has been known for a while with regards to Japan, but more pressing is Europe and America, since Sonic is actually popular there.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 04:52:53 PM
Well, the delay for the PS360 version could be good, or like with Sonic for the PS3 (I think it was) it could make no difference at all.

This is what is bugging me, I want the REAL version of this game, and this is making the Wii/PS2 Versions seem like Crappy Handheld versions of Console games.

Yeah, the past few console Sonic titles have been so much better than the Sonic Rush games  ::)

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 11:27:27 PM
US and EUR have to announce a delay soon. it doesn't make any sense to fix up one region and leave the others with an unfinished product.

then again, this is Sonic Team we're dealing with, and they know some people will buy the game just because Sonic is in it.

if US/EUR does get an unfinished version, there'll probably be a patch later down the line to make it like the JAP version.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 11:30:45 PM
http://www.succesfull.fr/index.php?option=com_succesfull&Itemid=22&l=en&JeuID=437

Achievement list thrown in. Also on GameStop's website, the 360 version dropped to $49.99 and the PS2 version jumped to $39.99.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 11:37:02 PM
US and EUR have to announce a delay soon. it doesn't make any sense to fix up one region and leave the others with an unfinished product.

then again, this is Sonic Team we're dealing with, and they know some people will buy the game just because Sonic is in it.

if US/EUR does get an unfinished version, there'll probably be a patch later down the line to make it like the JAP version.
if they do they'll probably make it a 5 dollar DLC.

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 12:22:29 AM
Somehow, I knew something like this would happen.

Although it's in an effort to make the game better so I can't really say "I told ya so" yet.

However if the US version comes out before the Japanese version, then I can say "I told ya so."

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 12:23:20 AM
The US one IS coming before the Japanese one, so "I told you so!". ^^

11/18/08
11/28/08
12/18/08

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 12:27:25 AM
"Try before you cry," as I always say. Rent the damn thing and review it based upon your own opinion, as everyone's is different. If you just look at the online reviews and opinions of others, you might miss games that you just might like, or a play a game everyone but you likes.  -_-

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: November 11, 2008, 12:28:41 AM
Sweet.

But I'll hold it off until it's confirmed whether Sonic Unleashed is a load of [parasitic bomb] or not.

If it does turn out to be good hopefully no one remembers that declaration I made. >.>