Super "What Are You Thinking?" ReBirth

Mr. Haxwell · 1057236

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #18775 on: April 25, 2014, 07:08:13 PM
The only real issues with them putting BN 3 up (And also the same issue with BN 4-6) is the lack of emulation for multiplayer through online means no chip trading, which means no completion of the chip list because you can't get the other version's navi chips. So that sucks.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #18776 on: April 25, 2014, 09:30:22 PM
Looks like it's going to rain.

Shame, as I was planning to wear my Hypno hoodie. 

Shame, as I was going to walk down to the store for a couple things.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #18777 on: April 25, 2014, 10:58:25 PM
There are times that I wish I had the discipline to lewrn how to play an instrument and could speak any language with the diction and accent of that language.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18778 on: April 25, 2014, 11:35:02 PM
Update on my phone, the vibration works and if I get a call it will vibrate, but the screen doesn't work.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #18779 on: April 25, 2014, 11:40:27 PM
Bleh, rain, rain, rain.  So much for going out for a walk.  I think I'll curl up with Mabel.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18780 on: April 25, 2014, 11:43:59 PM
I think I'm going to work on another future plan for Wilypocalypse.

[spoiler]I'm going to alter the lyrics of another song.  I'll at least have the translated version, but I'm also debating if I could alter it from the native language as well.[/spoiler]

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #18781 on: April 25, 2014, 11:47:46 PM
Just don't forget to focus & finish the current plans! XD

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18782 on: April 25, 2014, 11:50:12 PM
Just don't forget to focus & finish the current plans! XD
I will, I'll probably work on that this weekend.  For some better flow I'm going to separate the part with Asch and everyone else into 2, but it shouldn't be that long. I just had to work on some things for school, and the phone situation didn't make things better.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #18783 on: April 26, 2014, 12:03:35 AM
There are times that I wish I had the discipline to lewrn how to play an instrument and could speak any language with the diction and accent of that language.

Some instruments are actually very easy to learn; take it from a saxophone player. Once you know the basics on which key corresponds with which note, you're golden. Start with small basic songs, and you should find yourself getting a grasp on the instrument in no time.

While I only really have experience with the sax, I've heard that wind instruments are generally easy to work with.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18784 on: April 26, 2014, 12:10:47 AM
Some instruments are actually very easy to learn; take it from a saxophone player. Once you know the basics on which key corresponds with which note, you're golden. Start with small basic songs, and you should find yourself getting a grasp on the instrument in no time.

While I only really have experience with the sax, I've heard that wind instruments are generally easy to work with.
The thing is that I would rather learn the guitar or piano, so I can sing as well.  And I tried both, but I didn't have the discipline to practice, same with the clarinet in elementary school.  My brother is the same way, he never uses his electric guitar. 

However my singing is getting better not because of practice, but because of age.  A woman's voice in particular peaks at around 30 years old in most cases and mine is certainly getting better than it was in high school. 

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #18785 on: April 26, 2014, 12:20:09 AM
Start with piano.
It'll teach you rhythm, lead, harmony, scales,  chords, modes, tempo and how to read musical notation.

With several exceptions everything you learn on the piano can be applied to every instrument.

If you learn guitar you'll be a lot more comfortable if you want to try the bass at some point down the road. I suggest starting on an acoustic.

Drums are really easy to pick up and play but hard to master because its all about time signatures and keeping rhythm.

I've been playing guitar for 15 years now so if you have questions about guitar stuff feel free to ask me. :3

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18786 on: April 26, 2014, 12:23:03 AM
Probably somewhere down the road I might consider getting a keyboard for the portability.  But for right now I need to concentrate on school and other things.

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #18787 on: April 26, 2014, 12:26:52 AM
That's not a bad idea at all.
I used to have an old Casio up until it died last year. Its actually what I used to use for all my remixes. Now I have to do it note by note in a sequencer and it sucks! Its fun to plug in a pc as a midi controller then make weird instruments to play on.

Edit

Oh! When you do decide to start playing my advice is this. 5 minutes of practice a day will do you far more good than 3 hours a day here and there. Warm up with your scales for a little but then when you feel warmed up enough play something for fun to keep the monotonous feeling away.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #18788 on: April 26, 2014, 12:29:37 AM
Probably somewhere down the road I might consider getting a keyboard for the portability.  But for right now I need to concentrate on school and other things.

Well, from my experience, playing an instrument doesn't really interfere with schoolwork for the sole reason that you can play at your leisure. It's not a strenuous task, and you can take your time.

Of course, if you have a shitload of tests coming up or something, than you won't have a lot of time at all. But for the most part, average schoolwork shouldn't interfere.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18789 on: April 26, 2014, 12:33:00 AM
Well, from my experience, playing an instrument doesn't really interfere with schoolwork for the sole reason that you can play at your leisure. It's not a strenuous task, and you can take your time.

Of course, if you have a shitload of tests coming up or something, than you won't have a lot of time at all. But for the most part, average schoolwork shouldn't interfere.
You're still a second year, wait until you're a third year when you start taking more of your major core classes, especially if your major is a Bachelor of Science like my past and current major is.   

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #18790 on: April 26, 2014, 05:23:40 AM
I'm so glad family drama has kept me away from being active on the Wook for a while as holy [tornado fang] it exploded today, along with the rest of SW fandom. 

What a lousy start to the weekend.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18791 on: April 26, 2014, 05:25:36 AM
So in addition to the song that I'm almost done altering, I also drew some crappy drawings.  I am proud of my crappy drawings though, since I think they get the idea of what I was drawing across good enough.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #18792 on: April 26, 2014, 05:30:06 AM
I would like to see said crappy drawings.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #18793 on: April 26, 2014, 05:32:03 AM
Me too!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18794 on: April 26, 2014, 05:33:26 AM
They contain spoilers to Wilypocalyse though.....

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #18795 on: April 26, 2014, 05:36:32 AM
Aww

Well, fair enough then.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18796 on: April 26, 2014, 06:02:34 AM
Almost done with the song too, it was easier than the Black Rock Shooter/Protoman Blues song since all I had to do was change the perspective of the one singing the song to the other person I think they were singing to.

[spoiler]It's a Kill la Kill song, but it's not Before my Body's Dry/Don't Lose your Way[/spoiler]

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #18797 on: April 26, 2014, 06:20:09 AM
Now I'm trying to explain Schrödinger's Canon, using Fett as an example.  In Schrödinger's Canon, Fett is both dead and alive until we hear otherwise.  He is not "mostly dead," as that implies the state of being dead, which in Schrödinger's Canon, he's in, but not in.  Fett occupies a state that is both states.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #18798 on: April 26, 2014, 06:24:20 AM
Now I'm trying to explain Schrödinger's Canon, using Fett as an example.  In Schrödinger's Canon, Fett is both dead and alive until we hear otherwise.  He is not "mostly dead," as that implies the state of being dead, which in Schrödinger's Canon, he's in, but not in.  Fett occupies a state that is both states.
Yeah, they really should have solidified their stance a bit more before saying anything. I get the impression that anything Post-Jedi is now an alternate reality (which, let's face it, is probably for the best for the majority of things) but anything during or before the movies is a big question mark.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18799 on: April 26, 2014, 06:24:53 AM
I finished the song, and I think I like this one better than the Protoman Blues song.