Super "What Are You Thinking?" ReBirth

Mr. Haxwell · 1057019

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #18700 on: April 23, 2014, 04:35:58 PM
Body's feeling very shaky today. Must be the caffeine in the E.drink, having a negative effect upon me.

Although this feels very normal, indeed.

The "F" key feels busted. Has my father broken it already. :\

Fear me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #18701 on: April 23, 2014, 04:52:24 PM
I also need to learn what I can do with this Kindle app, for once I actually have books I want to read for myself because of my interest in HR.  You have no idea how shocking that is since I don't really read anything besides manga, at least book wise.  In fact one of main reasons I play video games is because I actually consider them interactive books.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #18702 on: April 23, 2014, 04:59:44 PM
I [tornado fang]ing love my cat. Whenever I'm sick he stays by my side. He hasn't left my room in the past two days except to eat and drink.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18703 on: April 23, 2014, 05:06:09 PM
I [tornado fang]ing love my cat. Whenever I'm sick he stays by my side. He hasn't left my room in the past two days except to eat and drink.
Snowball does that too, but she usually leaves after awhile because I can't keep up with her need to be pet for long streches of time or I disturb her when I need to move.  It doesn't help that she's pretty big, she's not fat and not as big as Mabel is I think, but she still is pretty big to me and she usually lays down as close as possible to me.  We just make each other uncomfortable.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #18704 on: April 23, 2014, 05:34:27 PM
I also need to learn what I can do with this Kindle app, for once I actually have books I want to read for myself because of my interest in HR.  You have no idea how shocking that is since I don't really read anything besides manga, at least book wise.  In fact one of main reasons I play video games is because I actually consider them interactive books.

Playing video games shouldn't be an excuse to put off reading. Manga doesn't count, because it really isn't complex at all compared to college level literature.

Especially since many games are merely summarized and condensed versions of a much larger context.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #18705 on: April 23, 2014, 05:44:55 PM
I'm so stoked for The Thorn of Emberlain hitting this fall.

I really SHOULD get back to The Way Of Kings...

EDIT: Teen Titans GO just parodied Ducktales' opening.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18706 on: April 23, 2014, 07:09:29 PM
Playing video games shouldn't be an excuse to put off reading. Manga doesn't count, because it really isn't complex at all compared to college level literature.

Especially since many games are merely summarized and condensed versions of a much larger context.
I know it isn't, I just have trouble finding good books to read because compared to video games and manga because literature is so damn vast and it's easier to find what I want in the other forms of media.

Some of my lifes important lessons I learned were from video games, manga, and Saturday morning cartoons, as I said before Megaman X taught me the concept of life and death at the age of 5 and I got it right away while Disney didn't really do anything for me since I honestly got turned off from Princesses and talking animals as a kid, except for Rocko's Modern Life and Mickey mouse because they act like people and not animals to me since they own houses and walk on 2 feet even though that is far more unrealistic.

Xiaolin Showdown taught me that true courage is not being fearless but being able to face your fears. Not to mention the ending where Omi realizes that he's not meant to be the leader and that Raimundo is the true leader, that's realizing that sometimes you need to re evaluate yourself to find what you really have to do and that some roles are not fit for you. Not to mention there's always someone better than you. Courage the Cowardly Dog also taught me about the the true meaning of Courage, and he applies that very well I might add, but it's also can deal with Kantian ethics, Egoism, Utilitarianism and stuff like that. It's also a great lesson for being yourself and doing things your way, especially the last episode.

Not to mention the countless Gwen Stacy dilemas of saving one person being just as hard as saving the world, you cannot help every single person in the world, evil triumphing when good men do nothing, and attracting flys with honey rather than with vinegar meaning that being nice to people is better in the long run than being a [sonic slicer]. You should also never expect a reward for being nice, you just do it because it's the right thing to do and you can also apply a number of ethical theories with that.

The thing here is that I really care more about what I get from what I do and how I can apply it, yes I can learn all those things from literature but I learn important concept better from simple things like video games cartoons and the smaller scale of video games and manga fill that need for me better since I can get lost in the wall of text.

That doesn't mean I don't enjoy reading books and don't learn from them I just can get it fast with the other forms of media. I liked reading Shakespeare and Holmes and will probably come back to read some more of them someday, not to mention I need to finish the last book in A Series of Unfortunate events but I just absorb video games better because it's interactive. I mean Romeo and Juliet and Taming of the Shrew taught me about how love is something you can't rush or else everyone you know will freaking regret it. I can apply that to a lot of freaking things, that's why I'm not looking for a relationship and would be fine if I don't get married, it's a huge thing that is so easy to mess up. Also probably one of the reasons I don't want kids, along with the fact that I probably wouldn't be a good mother for various reasons. Hamlet taught me how Batman Gambits work and that people experience and deal with grief differently. Even Julius Ceaser, which I regard as one of the most boring things I have ever read and I seriously hated reading it because of how it dragged even though it wasn't long, taught me that it is actually possible to discredit someone and get people to sick of someone by saying that they are great while pointing out subtle things to make people turn against them. I associate that with how people hype things up and how people respond to that hype.

http://www.ibiblio.org/ais/speechan.htm

Hell Klaus Baudelaire is probably the character I'm channeling with what I'm saying, learning things and applying things, I just expand the pool of information with more than just books like he does.   

The important thing here is not quality or preferance, it's what I can learn, how quickly I can latch on to something, and how I can apply it.

Now the reason there are some books I want to read is because they are not literature books, they are self help and non fiction books that have facts and will teach me how to do and apply things better, not really life lessons but techniques.   And I know I can't get that from video games, manga, cartoons, movies or literature, I need those books specifically.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #18707 on: April 23, 2014, 07:51:36 PM
Technically, if you're playing a visual novel, you're reading an interactive book.  Also, text adventures are known as interactive fiction.  So, yes, that excuse can work depending on the game.

On the topic of humor...  My humor tends to be rather specific, so when I'm reading fanfics labeled as "humor" or "comedy," most of it falls flat.  I find them dull and most that I've read tend to include poorly-written slapstick, which oftentimes doesn't work in prose.  Also, the prose itself is bland, which lends to an overall bland reading experience.

If I had to classify my humor, it's that of a ten-year-old.  Boogers, fart jokes, potty humor... I find it funny.  However, I also find irony funny and am something of a Snark Knight (what other people say) in real life.  Humorous lines of prose in an otherwise dark story often make me chuckle.

For example, in Red Harvest, there's a throwaway bit of prose that goes something like, "sometimes, the universe just gets bored and decides to really cut loose."  In the midst of a zombie apocalypse, I got a laugh out of that.

Humor is a personal and oddly-specific thing, so one person's laugh riot can very easily be another person's confused stare.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #18708 on: April 23, 2014, 08:00:05 PM
My "humor" is [parasitic bomb].
Enough said.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18709 on: April 23, 2014, 08:16:31 PM
Another thing I learned from Hamlet is that Revenge benefits no one and will only end in tragedy. 

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #18710 on: April 23, 2014, 08:23:15 PM
Despite it being windy and colder than it was yesterday, I still have the window open.  I'm enjoying the breeze.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18711 on: April 23, 2014, 08:30:17 PM
I spilled salsa on myself, now my clothes smell like salsa......

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #18712 on: April 23, 2014, 08:36:00 PM
Could be worse. 

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18713 on: April 23, 2014, 08:38:06 PM
Yeah at least the salsa was cold and I couldn't burn myself.

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #18714 on: April 23, 2014, 09:49:12 PM
I have always been described with someone with a very dark sense of humor. Now I will be the first one to make a pun when I see if there's an opportunity, but for the most part people seem to laugh at my deep cynicism.I don't know why but when I get really really frustrated angry I start spewing incoherent rsnts of rage and people seem to find it hilarious.and I seem to feel the same exact way about written humor as quick man. Although for me I feel like when I know it is supposed to be funny I don't find it funny because my standards has been raised to expect good humor and then nothing funny comes from what I'm reading. I usually laugh at things that are just supposed to be serious and are so awful you can't take it seriously. I also seem to be very adept at getting caught in humorous sitcom like situations.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18715 on: April 23, 2014, 09:56:00 PM
It seems like my Tab crashed and I have to call Samsung to fix it.  Seems like I have bad luck today but I'm not going to let that get me down.

EDIT: Never mind, one of my friend's magic hands solved the problem and somehow managed to turn it on again.  Also I think I'll be using the Firefox app from now on because the internet app was causing major slowdown.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #18716 on: April 23, 2014, 10:17:12 PM
My sense of humor? Ah, I'm not really sure what it is. I mean, I laugh at Spongebob Squarepants. I laugh at racist jokes. I guess my own sense of humor falls more into the sarcastic/cynical...

I don't think I've mentioned this but I really [tornado fang]ing love Cartoon Network's current lineup.
I mean, a lot of it's [parasitic bomb]. (Gumball, Ninjago, Annoying Orange, Johnny Test)
But on the other hand, the majority of it is either "passable" or really good. I [tornado fang]ing love Clarence and Steven Universe.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #18717 on: April 23, 2014, 10:57:05 PM
So, on Monday, I went out on a long walk/bus ride to the next city over (because I can't drive) to go buy a game I remember being in that particular Gamestop (and I preordered the 3DS SSB4 while I was there just because), but that game wasn't there, so I picked up Rune Scape 3 instead... This game is addicting. I think I need an intervention. @_@

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #18718 on: April 23, 2014, 11:08:59 PM
Not sure what my sense of humor is, but I think my sense of humour tends to be more dry/sarcastic. I'm also a closet fan of bad puns.

My sense of humor? Ah, I'm not really sure what it is. I mean, I laugh at Spongebob Squarepants.
As long as it's only the first 3 seasons.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #18719 on: April 23, 2014, 11:29:41 PM
It seems like my Tab crashed and I have to call Samsung to fix it.  Seems like I have bad luck today but I'm not going to let that get me down.

EDIT: Never mind, one of my friend's magic hands solved the problem and somehow managed to turn it on again.  Also I think I'll be using the Firefox app from now on because the internet app was causing major slowdown.

A backup plan for future reference is to take out the battery for a bit then put it back in. In case it ever happens again.

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #18720 on: April 23, 2014, 11:41:57 PM
My sense of humor? Ah, I'm not really sure what it is. I mean, I laugh at Spongebob Squarepants. I laugh at racist jokes. I guess my own sense of humor falls more into the sarcastic/cynical...

I don't think I've mentioned this but I really [tornado fang]ing love Cartoon Network's current lineup.
I mean, a lot of it's [parasitic bomb]. (Gumball, Ninjago, Annoying Orange, Johnny Test)
But on the other hand, the majority of it is either "passable" or really good. I [tornado fang]ing love Clarence and Steven Universe.
The amazing world of gumball never fails to make me laugh. I love the animation, the characters, the story and the humor is great! I think one of my favorite episodes is the one where they have to get Richard fired because him having a job is tearing the fabric of reality.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #18721 on: April 24, 2014, 01:45:30 AM
I got salmon oil to put in Mabel's food.  Now it stinks, she stinks, and when I apply coconut oil, she'll smell like fish and coconut oil.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #18722 on: April 24, 2014, 03:50:12 AM
The amazing world of gumball never fails to make me laugh. I love the animation, the characters, the story and the humor is great! I think one of my favorite episodes is the one where they have to get Richard fired because him having a job is tearing the fabric of reality.
Oh god, I remember that ep... Totally awesome that the world almost ended. XD

As for my sense of humor... I'm a lame guy. Punny and cold jokes abound!

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18723 on: April 24, 2014, 03:56:29 AM
A backup plan for future reference is to take out the battery for a bit then put it back in. In case it ever happens again.
I don't think I can crack it open to get the battery, there's no visable screws or anything I can get at to open it.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #18724 on: April 24, 2014, 04:13:08 AM
If it's anything like my Nokia Lumia... You need to pry the back cover open.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.