N-Mario · 5981

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
on: July 28, 2010, 08:04:16 AM
Has anyone on this forum played this game? It looks really fun. I'm mostly interested in its user content engine where you can make your own heroes.
I think it's an old PS2 game that was released around 2005, though I have never tried it. I've only heard about it, and seen a few videos of it. I think I seen someone make X, Zero (X series version), and some other characters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcz1inf4b2s for MegaMan X
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_0_588PruU for Zero
I've also seen some Pokemon characters, Legend of Zelda characters, Mario characters made in this game. They don't look that bad actually.

I'm interested to know how easy it is, or how hard it is to make the characters, or 'heroes' in this game. I was thinking about buying it, but I haven't played with my PS2 in years. It is rather dusty. Though I like user content creation games like this where it lets you make something and actually play as your own creation.

Anyone else played this PS2 game Graffiti Kingdom? Any thoughts? Comments? Can't decide whether or not to buy it.

BTW, speaking of user content related games, I've watched a video of Capcom's Comic-Con Press event uplaoded on youtube about MegaMan Universe. Apparently it sounds like you will be able to create your own megaman character in this game. The press goes to say you can draw the MM1 box art Mega Man and play as him, or come up with a totally unrelated Capcom character and play as it in MegaMan Universe. So I thought about that, and thought about other user content creation games like Graffiti Kingdom. Do you think Graffiti Kingdom is worth the money? It is by the same company who made Bubble Bobble, from what I understood. ;)

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 04:30:26 AM
I own Graffiti Kingdom, and its prequel Magic Pengel: The Quest for Colors, and I love it! It's so cool making your own characters in 3D though limited on how much colors you can use and the learning curve when making decent-looking characters.

I have yet to make a truly awesome character that looks close to its original, I tried making Yoshi in Magic Pengel and it was close but not close enough.

Overall I loved Magic Pengel's story and the Rock-Paper-Scissor Turn-Based RPG combat system, but it lack in some areas when creating but Graffiti Kingdom (called "Magic Pengel 2" in Japan) steps that up with more options & a much easier handle on making a character and the combat systems turns into an Action RPG though I didn't like the story as much.

Both games are great in my opinion, and it does take a well but it is easy to make basic and simple characters and as you practice and learn more about how to draw characters you can draw very advanced characters (though it may take longer when trying to make Gundam characters! I've seen videos of them and some Digimon characters too!). Trail and error my friend.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 05:22:22 AM
Does seem like an interesting game. I'll be sure to try it out.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 07:48:30 AM
Tips & Tricks did a guide for Magic Pengel. Their party consisted of... Cheat Biscuit (their mascot), Eric Cartman, Pit, and a few others. But I always wanted to try that game. Now I REALLY want to try this one too.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 07:21:35 PM
Yea I've read about the prequel, Magic Pengel. Though I am not a big fan of RPG games. I'm more interested in action platforming games though.

BTW, I found the video of that Mario character that can transform into a CREEPY Hyper Mario form. It's kinda weird. XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-09nGKZV68

When I get this game, I might try to make a few characters. I heard you are very limited at the start of the game. But when you play through the game and keep leveling up, you get better equipment to make your characters. Maybe if I enjoy the game much I could make a few videos or screens of things I make with it. Though I wished the company made a sequel to this. Or at least a remake on the Wii, or PS3. Now that we have motion control systems, I think it could be a lot easier to draw with. But that's just me. Like I said never played this one. However, I have just bought it online, so waiting for it to be shipped.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 07:42:41 PM
Incoming cuteness~ ouo

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imzwbTmupto[/youtube]

Have some cute adorable sexy Haku~ <3
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZtgMCsycoc[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78hpA-dwXq8[/youtube]

Happy New Year! Mooo~

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline ST Jestah

• Procastinator Extraordinair
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Just chilling in the Nexus.
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 09:05:16 PM
I saw a video of this game back when G4/Tech TV had that "show" that aired cutscenes and gameplay videos of various games.

From what I saw back then, the character creation looked a bit too simple for me. Kida like what Adventure Island for the Gamecube had for it's character creation.

Seeing this video examples of the other things you can create an how much more complicated body structure and build...I want it in my hands now!

Could be good practice for making a 3D model and knowing how it works.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 12:11:14 AM
[youtube]W2G_U4LSlUM&feature=channel[/youtube]

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 08:36:16 AM
Got the game now. I've been playing it for a while. It's really fun! I've been able to raise my level to 50, and almost collected all the devil cards. I missed one that you can only get ONCE in a challenge game, and won't appear after. I didn't realize this until after I played through the levels again.
The only other I'm missing now is Mr. Angel from the last world. I know where this one is, and is not a rare card. It's just really hard to get due to its area location. It's one of those where you have to beat the devil to get it. This one is on top of  a small angled pillar in a pit filled room of platforms. Every time I hit it, approach it, or shoot a projectile at it, it either falls off, or flies away. Not to mention the other buggers also get in my way.

But other than that, it's been a really fun game. I have not made any serious creatures with it. Though I have been wanting to try to make GIR (robot form) from Invader Zim since he would probably be easiest to draw. Next I would want to try making Pulse Man. Maybe making a MegaMan would come later. I've seen a few classic series megaman characters, but nothing really that decent. Only one that looked good was the two Zeros, MegaMan X, and Mario all made by Japanese players.
My main attempt will probably be PulseMan, after I can actually draw something. Though I'll probably try making GIR before though.

Some of the cards actually gave me a laugh. Esp. the Taito logo card. That one got me laughing. Others like the flat, 2D invaders, and Bubblum/Bobblum I thought were really cute. ^_^

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 05:48:57 AM
[youtube]Rd6ra5OJ-UU&feature=grec_index[/youtube]

This one has an awesome Regigigas and Sonic doodles! I'm impressed!

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 11:13:32 PM
Bringing this back up to post some of my work. :)
I've completed a Ninji (DDP, or SMB2 USA) with a buster gun, and a Mettaur/Metool from the MegaMan franchise.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 04:21:29 AM
Pretty cool, but how did you take a screenshot of your creation?

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 05:15:44 AM
Pretty cool, but how did you take a screenshot of your creation?

The same way you record videos of gameplay videos. You need a video capture device, and just take a snapshot of the current frame shown in the video display. I've got a Dazzle cap card, so I can make a video of some of them. :)

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 03:40:05 AM
Sorry for bumping this ancient, but there's something I like to say.

If anyone remembers the Magic Pengel games (Magic Pengel: The Quest for Colors and Graffiti Kingdom (Magic Pengel 2 in Japan)) developed by Garakuda-Studio and Taito and released in the US by Agetec, I think the Wii U's tablet is PERFECT for it and excellent way to return back to the series!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Pengel:_The_Quest_for_Color
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graffiti_Kingdom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XotDig-NSXg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecgLoMzpwtE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmrH-N25T-0

Seeing the part of the game's system is to draw your own creations and use them to fight is perfect to use the Wii U's tablet to draw your own creations with more precision and accuracy to really make your creations look amazing! You could use the old system if you want, but it would be great if the series returned on the Wii U!

I prefer the Turn-Based approach of the first Magic Pengel game as I really liked the story in the first one more than the second game ever though the second had an interesting story.

I like Turn-Based battles, but the Action Platform part in the sequel was great too as you can fight anyway you want but I really think the Turn-Based system with the Rock-Paper-Scissor format works great for this series! Though I really think it should allow you what type of Doodle/Graffiti Creature should be instead of the colors used to determine if the Doodle/Graffiti Creature is going to be an Attack-Type, Magic-Type, or Defense-Type character.

It's more of an unknown game for the PS2 than an underrated game. Hopefully it comes back one way or another!

Also the sequel, Graffiti Kingdom, has the first "official" cameo appearance of Reimu Hakurei from the Touhou games made by ZUN as he had a part in the production of the sequel under the name of "Flying Maiden" for those who are a fan of the series.

Anyone hoping for a game like this on the Wii U?

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 07:34:15 AM
Is this in America too?

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 07:57:17 AM
I know Magic Pengel is; Tips & Tricks did a guide for it back in July 2003 iirc.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 01:45:49 AM
Both Magic Pengel and Graffiti Kingdom were released in the US, but it wasn't well known during the time and I first saw it in a Gaming Magazine and then again at Toys R' Us where I purchased it and didn't regret it. Looked the game, but they stopped making this type of game. The closest ones would be the "Draw to Life" games but they don't have the same level of depth and were made by a different game company.

I wish the Magic Pengel series would get revived and have a game on the Wii U, the system's tablet is perfect for the creation part of the game!