So detailed.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #876 on: March 24, 2011, 07:01:00 PM
Thanks.

By the way, Ive finalized his character sheet more or less.

if any of you know D&D, tell me these stats arent awesome for a level 4. (we are starting out at lv.4. The idea is that once they level up and reach our other characters, we can then switch out when we want.)

[spoiler=nerddom/stats]
My height is 7ft, I weigh 400lb, and Im Chaotic Neutral.

Strength = 18 +4
Dexterity= 14 +2
Constitution= 20 +2
Intelligence= 11
Wisdom= 11
Charisma= 12 +1

Base attack Bonus= +4
initiative Mod= +2

My Armor class? Freaking 21. and that's WITHOUT any kind of shield. Because I have adamantine armor, which adds a +8 to my AC. [tornado fang] yeah.

I use a Magic Masterwork Greatsword, in one hand, which basically adds +1 to my attack rolls, and +1 to my damage rolls. And it does 1d6 damage.

Adding in all the [parasitic bomb] you add to attack rolls and damage rolls, it end sup like this:

Great Sword attack roll = 1d20 + 6 + 4 +0 +1 -1. that's 10. I add a plus 10 to my attack rolls.

Damage? 1d6 +4 +1. I add 5 damage.

I also have two locking Gauntlets, which prevent me from dropping my weapon or being disarmed easily. trying to disrm me is a full round action, which gives me an attack of opportunity.[/spoiler]

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #877 on: April 06, 2011, 10:30:13 AM
Aww your minecraft skins are too cute! >w< I've been meaning to make some myself but it's too hard to work in 3D >< /rolls

So GJ! =D
The skin editing program honestly isnt too hard to use. it shows the preview in the corner, and you have the skin mapon the screen, conveniently labeled.
thanks, also. (late reply is very late)

So, after sucessfully colorizing my avatar, I decided to test and see if it wasnt just a fluke.

took this- http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac71/Flame-G102/stuff%20of%20mine/Picture0098.jpg

and tried to do the same.

results are...

positive, but somewhat inconclusive, IMO.

Its colored, but it doesnt look that great. And then theres another variable, which is the paper I drew on. It was really shitty, and very fibery. (which is why you can see that crisscross on the image)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #878 on: April 06, 2011, 04:44:54 PM
T-There's a skinning program? -o-;;; Derp. I may have to tackle minecraft skinning again B<

Aaaanyway, the colouring looks fine to me. And I actually really like the texture of the paper that shows through, it gives the image a lot of character. Actually, textured papers in fine art (like...painting...and that kinda artsy stuffs) is actually highly valued.
Also, I think that for a coloured image to look great, it needs moar shading/lighting/form, imo.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #879 on: April 06, 2011, 06:31:21 PM
there is a program. :3

v

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #880 on: May 10, 2011, 02:48:07 AM

Did you know Glyde's concept name was VAVA?

Neither did I.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #881 on: May 10, 2011, 03:05:44 AM
VAVA in my legends?

More likely than you think!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #882 on: May 18, 2011, 03:03:22 AM

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #883 on: May 18, 2011, 04:47:30 PM
Lol, fun xD I think you should try doing indoor lighting setups with reflectors and such if you want to take figurine photos. The colours, light source, and intensity look pretty out of place atm =O

Well, the first two work pretty well, despite the strange lighting. I think it's the saturated colours~

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #884 on: May 24, 2011, 06:54:19 AM
I passed all of them through photoshop. I saturated all of them a bit. I tried to do that DING! sort of effect on X's crystal like the NES games, but it came off as odd with lens flare.

Lol, I would need the stand for more photos. Ill just wait till Zero comes out and take a few there as well. Finding good images is kinda tough because they have to be full screened and such. .

Posted on: May 18, 2011, 06:10:17 PM

Never posted this I think.

I designed the sword that Zircon uses.

It is a  Masterwork Flame Greatsword. Good [parasitic bomb]. For it's large size and improbable design, I named it "Cloud".

Alright, and now some doodles from the back of my old Dungeons and Dragons sheets. (I since copied the character to a new set of sheets)

Aaaallright... where to start... Top Right, Black Lantern Flame. From  an RPM thing a while back. Had it on the mind and doodled it.

Top left... Shield Sword... Or Sword Shield?

Middle... Castletron. Don't ask. I have no idea where I even got this idea.

Bottom... Castlevania parody. If you know anything about the Dungeons and Dragons setting "Ravenloft", you will agree it is pretty much Castlevania with a slightly more Lovecraftian horror vibe. (In fact, Castlevania ll ripped part of it's box art off from Ravenloft)Complete with a Castle and big bad Vampire. I found a whip somewhere along the way and totally planned to use it when we entered the castle, but unfortunately, D&D whips kinda suck.

Also, Hamster Scone. My mother made raisin scones while we were playing at my house, and one of them looked like a hamster, no joke.

Ok, part 2 now.

Top... we had a useless Warforged paladin with us at one point, played by an equally useless acquaintance of my friend Lilwolf

Eventually,  we stopped inviting him over, and we joked around as to what to do with his character. I joked we should dismantle him and use his parts to create a mount, like a ride armor. which would ALSO double as a cannon to launch me at enemies.

middle left is this - http://flame-g102.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2zhpvn

the two castles on the right are doodles of Me and Lilwolf's Minecraft castles. The design is outdated, because we have since modified them further (all we ever did on Minecraft was try to outcastle each other)

bottom left is Bolt Crank, from Eat-Man,

and bottom of all is Flame dressed gothically with a neat sword. I *THINK* it also comes from the Castlevania RP we had going on RPM. I played Flame as a bad guy for a short while.

The HnK/Monk thing comes from the fact that one of our players plays this uber monk whos only weapons are his fists, and he gets some of the strongest hits out of all of us. His answer to everything is pretty much to throw his fist at it and see what happens.

One time, our D.M, Lilwolf  had us reach the end of the current mission, and we encountered this odd guy who constantly switched personalities. he hyped him up to be this really strong guy. We entered the battle. our pal the monk got a critical roll on the first turn and pretty much killed him in one hit. our DM was so annoyed by it. XD he was like, "Are you F*ing kidding me? What just happened!?"

So we constantly joke that he's well, pretty much Kenshiro in disguise.
So we came up with that line, ;you are already monk"

the ones in the right corner is Flame and the previously mentioned Lilwolf. Ive been working on a new design for his persona, so I doodled it last meet.

the top... Well, we were sneaking around this really dangerous quarry, (there was broken glass everywhere, and glass zombies) and I managed to roll high to sneak, and so I dove into a pile of rubble and just kinda peeked out.

the penguin... is a sanity stealing penguin (long story) we were actually fighting penguins. But they were bad penguins that kept summoning monsters. so we took them out and the monsters stopped coming. Too bad. I would have liked to keep one. XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #885 on: June 02, 2011, 01:28:36 AM
Hey look, I tried a pose and a little bit of perspective. ooooh~

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #886 on: June 02, 2011, 05:22:20 AM
Hey that looks pretty cool =O Love the pose~ The perspective is too extreme though, but that I mean you should've shortened his arm a lot more if it's pointing out like that. It could also be smaller, since if you look at the other arm, it doesn't look very small/extreme perspective'd even though it's moving back. That suggests the 'camera's' perspective isn't extreme, and yeah...
...Long arm is long \o/

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #887 on: June 02, 2011, 06:37:13 AM
He's a she.

yeah. I realized the arm should have been a bit shorter, but for a simple sketch I wasnt gonna sweat it. Legs were gonna be included, but I really messed those up, (didnt work as planned, and when i tried to roll with it and try something else it looked worse) so i cut them.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #888 on: June 02, 2011, 11:39:07 AM
...Right. Got it.

Perspective is hard, but usually you just rely on your eyes/instinct to see if it's right. \o/ I actually like the perspective on the legs better than the arms \o/

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #889 on: June 02, 2011, 01:19:35 PM
The arm ALSO looks slightly bent.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #890 on: June 05, 2011, 01:25:56 PM
Hey look, I tried a pose and a little bit of perspective. ooooh~

Just with a bit of plasma scarf, she will looks just like Command mission X.
also perspective with a hint of proportional fail, my favourite past time!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #891 on: June 08, 2011, 11:01:45 PM
And a touch of botched part. Makes for a great dish. Slightly sweet and sour, with a hint of bitterness.

Posted on: June 06, 2011, 12:56:09
So, going on that conversation from awhile ago in the What are you thinking thread, Ive set about to redesign this thing.

on the right, the 2.0 design, (not reflective entirely of how he currently looks, but more or less its the same, minus the blue part on the legs). on the LEFT, is what im working on right now towards redesigning.

Im not sure what to do with the shoulders or arms, and would just like some input in general from some of you artists.

BTW those things on his legs wrap around behind them.

EDIT:
the basic point is, I want the design to look less Mega Man. because no matter how you look at it, it still does. and doesnt look too practical either.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #892 on: June 21, 2011, 03:12:33 AM

Dawn of Sorrow's art style was really shitty.

As was it's cover.

So I fixed that.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #893 on: September 13, 2011, 03:31:15 AM
My art mojo is certainly returning to me, ever so slowly...

Say Hello to Goo Man!

-----------------------------
Background He was created as a laboratory robot, and used in experiments involving chemicals, especially in the creation of a glue-like viscous sticky substance, or goo, if you will. His dual goo nozzles allowed him to operate in controlled experiments involving the material's properties. Besides that, not much else is known about him. He never really talks, and when he does, he has a watery robot voice, probably due to the fact that his head is entirely submerged in the goo like substance that fills his body.

Wily stole this robot when caught wind of Overboost Man, and managed to gain access to files which detailed Overboost Man's excessive heat venting requirements. So he broke into the lab one night and stole Goo man while he was on standby mode, and reprogrammed him. He then confronted Overboost man and used Goo Man's sticky, viscous goo to gum up his exhaust vents and reduce his mobility, causing him to overheat and shut down.

Hmmm... He is pretty much filled with a liquid substance... maybe if his temperature was lowered enough, he might slow down and his goo freeze?

Personality:
Non existant

Weapon Gained:
Goo Shot- fires a blob of sticky goo which immobilizes enemies.

hmmm.... his pose looked so much more dynamic on paper...

Ignore the suit, that is a somewhat older picture. I just used the page so as to not let the space go to waste...

And the guy on the lower right is Gum Man. I guess you could say he's Goo Man's prototype. 8D

the idea was a bubblegum motif, so he would be a pink robot with shapes and stuff resembling bubble gum bubbles. (such as the mouthpiece) and the limbs were meant to looks like the tin wrapping around gum. The idea was just too silly though, and he would look too much like a pink Crystal Man, so I instead went back to scratch and came up with goo instead of gum. Since the idea was to make Overboost Man's weakness weapon.

Offline ST Jestah

• Procastinator Extraordinair
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Just chilling in the Nexus.
    • View Profile
Reply #894 on: September 13, 2011, 03:55:18 AM
I like his design and power. As for the pic, I like the sketches a lot more then the colored pic. No offense but the first pic looks a bit flat compared to the goo man(men) in the pencil sketches. Though I do like the texture and hidden shapes in the goo in the colored pic.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #895 on: September 13, 2011, 04:04:00 AM
Nah I agree. The sketch looks much better, particularly the "action" pose. It looks much better than it came out in flash/shop

However, the actual parts with goo in them came out much better than expected. I really like how they came out. The nozzles on his arms don't look too shabby either.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #896 on: January 19, 2012, 08:20:15 PM
I drew something.

So after having accomplished almost nothing after 2 full sessions of D&D, (Our GM has no time to prepare stuff because hes really busy with school)

One of the guys from our group has decided to try his hand at being GM. So he had us roll out new characters. (this is going on the 3rd time now we have rolled out new characters.)

He's using a different system and whatnot. he is also house ruling certain things. For example, he is washing out alignments for the most part. EG making them less black and white. More realistic than just good, evil, and neutral. instead we all start without an alignment since realistically, people are a grey shade in terms of alignment, and from there we will see to which side of the spectrum our characters develop towards.

Of course, almost all of us already know what we want to do with our characters, but, I digress. I decided as is customary of me, to draw my character. So i did. However, I still felt in the mood once i finished, and so I drew one of the other characters. And Once the last player and former DM finally decides what he WANTS in his character, ill draw that too.

Kein Gentannen Morder / K.G. Morder

Class: Fighter

A former guard from a city named Khatovar.
He recently lost his wife, and has since sunk into a depression, pondering over the matters of life and death and fate. There have been a series of attacks around the land, (its a story thing the GM has mentioned) and so he has decided to join in on the adventure along with many others, as to discover what is causing them and why, in hopes that it will distract him from his grief.

Embla the Barbarian

Class: Barbarian (Duh)

A female Barbarian warrior from the mountains near Khatovar.
After 16 years of traveling with her tribe, she had finally made it to a hunter in the tribe. No longer just a gatherer. However, during her hunt she had gotten lost, and could not find them again. So now on her own she thought it best to find a new tribe

the last guy will probably be a Rogue/sorceror hybrid.

Name is currently Calinthar

Id actually like some critique on these if the RPM Artists dont mind. More specifically on the second one, since thats the one I tried to do a more dynamic pose with, and had a fair bit of trouble in doing so.

EDIT: Also coming soon, an as of yet unnamed Drunkard the GM wants.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #897 on: January 19, 2012, 09:42:39 PM
I'll see if I can add my opinion later. Bit out of time currently.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #898 on: January 19, 2012, 09:48:13 PM
I'd really appreciate it

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #899 on: January 20, 2012, 05:35:34 PM
Here's my take on the second one, since it's the one you are more interested to get crits from.

Posing wise, the main things I would fix are the abs, which by the position you made it should be twisted a bit, and the leg which looks completely stiff. Overall the waist looks like it's really low and the head seems to be a bit small.

As for the first character's pose, it's also really stiff and a bit inconsistent, especially on the legs. If he is supposed to be standing straight then his right leg is way on the side, and if he is on a more relaxed pose, with the left leg taking pretty much the whole weight of the body, then all the upper body isn't possitioned well. He also seems to have no crotch. There are a few perspective issues too, like the shoulders and the legs, which makes the character look really flat.