Super "What Are You Thinking?" ReBirth

Mr. Haxwell · 1059835

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #23300 on: August 28, 2014, 02:38:06 AM
I think that rockmanclassix guy is a troll who just targets people who makes fangames......honestly that's really sad.

EDIT: Oh wait I was thinking of some other person who no one cares about, my bad.

Well he's kinda being trolly as well to be fair and all trolls do kinda look alike.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #23301 on: August 28, 2014, 02:39:05 AM
Well he's kinda being trolly as well to be fair and all trolls do kinda look alike.
That is true.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #23302 on: August 28, 2014, 02:39:40 AM
It's saying "Does not compute!  Hypno lvl 60's Speed should be 87-107!" or something along those lines, as well as telling me her Nature is messed up.

I'm looking right at my Bold mutant Hypno.  Her speed is 134.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #23303 on: August 28, 2014, 02:40:44 AM
Yeah that's why I never use the thing.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #23304 on: August 28, 2014, 02:46:52 AM
According to it, Lavinnia the Bold Insomnia Hypno who is somewhat of a clown should not be.

Maybe it hasn't taken into account Super-Training.  That's what I've been using to make her quicker, and compared to my other Hypno, it's serving her very well.  She hits with Hypnosis more regularly, and I may consider training her as a Nasty Plotting sweeper.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #23305 on: August 28, 2014, 02:48:30 AM
That just might be the reason for that.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #23306 on: August 28, 2014, 02:51:07 AM
They need to update it badly, then.  I can't figure out the formula for calculating IVs longhand, so having an online easy-to-figure-out calculator is handy.

I'm proud of my mutant Hypno nonetheless.  She's doing very well. :3

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #23307 on: August 28, 2014, 03:48:39 AM
Batman Beyond is on Netflix.

Well, there goes my night.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #23308 on: August 28, 2014, 03:53:38 AM
Meh, let me know when it has Batman TAS.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #23309 on: August 28, 2014, 03:58:44 AM
Probably never.

I never liked TAS as a kid (I really enjoy it now though) Beyond's always been a favorite of mine.

They've also got Brave & The Bold. I should check that out one of these days as well.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #23310 on: August 28, 2014, 04:06:47 AM
Brave and Bold really grew on me after watching a few episodes, I really need to track down the series one day.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #23311 on: August 28, 2014, 04:17:53 AM
Brave and the Bold wasn't my cup of tea. The one episode I really enjoyed, though, was "Chill of the Night". In fact, most people do.

No, it doesn't involve Mr. Freeze, but rather Joe Chill, the man who murdered Bruce's parents. While most episodes of the series are cheesy and wacky, this was one of the few that was straight-out serious.

The episode was written by Paul Dini, so you know it's quality stuff.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #23312 on: August 28, 2014, 04:19:28 AM
You just don't like anything do you.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #23313 on: August 28, 2014, 04:24:06 AM
... What?

I said Brave and the Bold wasn't my cup of tea, and I'm FAR from the only person that shares that opinion. Beyond was good, but compared to TAS, it's mediocre in comparison. That's my opinion.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #23314 on: August 28, 2014, 04:29:53 AM
I'm pretty tempted to just compile a list of things I don't like.
It seems like it could be fun.

... What?

I said Brave and the Bold wasn't my cup of tea, and I'm FAR from the only person that shares that opinion. Beyond was good, but compared to TAS, it's mediocre in comparison. That's my opinion.

I'm well aware that its just your opinion. Its kind of sad that TAS is the only animated Batman series you actually enjoy without an "eh" attached to it though. From what I saw I liked Brave & the Bold, serious batman is good, but there's nothing wrong with the sillier stuff.

Beware looks like [parasitic bomb] though, but that might be something everybody agrees with.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #23315 on: August 28, 2014, 04:44:24 AM
I always loved the blade runner style Beyond had going, I'd love to see more stories with Terry outside of comics.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #23316 on: August 28, 2014, 05:04:09 AM
I like B&B, but I like it as levity from the more serious series.  I can't compare it with the likes of BtAS or Beyond because there is no comparison.  It's a series wholly unto itself.  B&B is funny, and I love to watch it when I want to see funny, but if I'm in the mood for dark and broody Batman, I'll watch BtAS.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #23317 on: August 28, 2014, 05:13:33 AM
I'm pretty tempted to just compile a list of things I don't like.
It seems like it could be fun.

I'm well aware that its just your opinion. Its kind of sad that TAS is the only animated Batman series you actually enjoy without an "eh" attached to it though. From what I saw I liked Brave & the Bold, serious batman is good, but there's nothing wrong with the sillier stuff.

Beware looks like [parasitic bomb] though, but that might be something everybody agrees with.

That's because Batman, as a TV franchise, has gotten worse and worse.

The New Adventures of Batman, for the most part, did have the same atmosphere as TAS, and it was great. Just not quite as solid as its predecessor and the episodes weren't as consistently good. Simplified character designs didn't help, but that's more of a peeve. That doesn't mean I disliked it; I was quite proud of it as a Batman series.

Beyond was fine for what it was; how would an old-school vigilante adapt to a world where technology has advanced so rapidly. It has a great concept, but the episodes, in general, haven't really grabbed me. It's a fun watch, sure, but it's never made me go "Woah" like TAS has with its symbolism and moralistic undertones.

The Batman was actually very solid when Bats worked alone and the show had potential. But when Batgirl tagged along? [tornado fang] that.

The silliness of Brave and the Bold isn't what turned me off, it was the repetition. Particularly in the earlier seasons, the fights just weren't that clever. All I saw was a marketing strategy for kids merchandise, what with each episode having a new colorful villain and half of them being defeated in similar ways; with a comic book "POW" punch. It's like they didn't try.

Later on, the show did get interesting, and had some great episodes, however, it was canceled when it got good.

Beware is... decent. I hate how the CG looks, but the fighting is actually very well choreographed. It's worth a watch for a couple or so episodes, but if you don't like it, the later episodes don't really get any better.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #23318 on: August 28, 2014, 05:19:57 AM
Okay, quick poll.

Who here has seen Legend?  I always thought it was a classic, and was excited to find the director's cut.  But, my half-brother and sis-in-law don't remember it at all, and a couple other people I know don't know anything about it.  Is it really that obscure?  Am I such a big dork as to think it was a classic?  I don't understand why there are people in my age group who haven't seen Legend.

It had Tim Curry as the Lord of Darkness!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #23319 on: August 28, 2014, 05:21:24 AM
I don't think I ever even heard of it.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #23320 on: August 28, 2014, 05:27:19 AM
Never heard of it. :\

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #23321 on: August 28, 2014, 05:32:10 AM
All I remember from The Batman was it being sort of really strange looking, Batman looked weird and the Joker... don't even get me started.

New Adventures was fine, had one of the saddest episodes in the series (You know which one I'm talking about), had a much better costume design for Batgirl, it was a good 4th season of BTAS. My main issues with that one lie in the designs of Riddler (The stupid ? spandex probably inspired from Batman Forever), Catwoman (Why did her outward appearance change to that super pale black haired girl? Character's the same, why the massive design change?) and Joker (Beady eyes, no exaggerated lip makeup, easy to see why they sort of reverted this one in later DCAU stuff), I guess Mr. Freeze became a head-in-a-jar too, that's dumb.

Beware's basically already dead in the water (CN dropped it, its basically being burnt off on Toonami now), no point in bothering with that one.

I think its pretty hard to really properly express my thoughts on this, but I tried. Discussion and all that.

The silliness of Brave and the Bold isn't what turned me off, it was the repetition. Particularly in the earlier seasons, the fights just weren't that clever. All I saw was a marketing strategy for kids merchandise, what with each episode having a new colorful villain and half of them being defeated in similar ways; with a comic book "POW" punch. It's like they didn't try.

Bolded line is basically Monster/Villain of the week shows in a nutshell. Its standard and its goofy to complain about it.

And since I'm slow, answering Quick's post as well.
Never heard of it.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #23322 on: August 28, 2014, 05:45:49 AM
Must be an 80s kid thing, then.  Though, I am surprised to find 80s kids who never heard of it.  To me, it's like never hearing of Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, or The Neverending Story.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #23323 on: August 28, 2014, 05:53:26 AM
Layton vs. Wright is shipping.

Oh boy oh boy.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #23324 on: August 28, 2014, 06:00:06 AM
I misread that as "Layton/Wright shipping" and wondered if you had happened across some fanart and needed to snark just to get such images out of your head. 8D