The "What are you currently playing?" Thread

Saber · 726366

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3275 on: December 10, 2012, 05:56:00 PM
Freaking complicated Tendency system in Demon's Souls... holy crap.

Awesome game, though! I'm just about to beat the last boss, trying to collect some stuff before moving on to NG+.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3276 on: December 11, 2012, 07:34:08 AM
i'm probably getting gifted that. How long is then?

It took me about 13-15 hours, I'd say. And that's without finding many of the treasures and secrets. If you've played the console Uncharted games, there's roughly the same amount of trophies to collect.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #3277 on: December 11, 2012, 08:12:29 PM
I've finally got Best Ending on Disgaea Infinite. Funny, the past two days I've only turned on the game three times (counting today) and with each time I've managed to get one new ending.
I believe I still have some Asagi ending or something to get, or so I've heard. Unless I've simply missed some other thing. But I find it hard to believe.
I'm literally writing this as the credits are scrolling.

Offline Ryo

• I shouldn't be a
  • Robot Master
  • Coming to your local theater
    • View Profile
Reply #3278 on: December 12, 2012, 04:50:22 AM
Cave Story on 3DS. I'm starting to think I have no hope of beating it (stupid sanctuary </3)

Also attempting to play games on my PS3. although I think I've been playing on the PC for way too long, 'cuz my controlling of the controller frankly sucks.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3279 on: December 12, 2012, 06:59:45 AM
Metro 2033

EDIT: After that free key thing starts working, anyway, until then playing Vixynyan 2 something something orange fanta. 8D

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3280 on: December 14, 2012, 01:56:53 AM
Finished Demon's Souls. Took me a while because I decided to explore and collect stuff (still need a few things).

Great game. I probably still prefer Dark Souls, though.

Posted on: December 12, 2012, 11:32:44 PM
Platinum'd Demon's Souls. No idea what runs I'll do in this game from now on, Dark Souls is much more open in that sense. I can definitely see myself replaying this a lot, though. :D

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #3281 on: December 16, 2012, 06:28:19 AM
I know I work the night shift but my brother keeps beating my games because he is not currently working. I never got a chance to finish the games I started and it irritates me.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3282 on: December 18, 2012, 09:47:34 PM
So who's playing Street Fighter X Mega Man? I finished the game just now and it's pretty sweet.

Is there really a secret boss/uber unlockable? How do I access that?

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3283 on: December 18, 2012, 10:17:38 PM
Get perfects for the main eight bosses using only the buster, no charged shots, no sliding.  Defeat Fortress Bosses 1 and 2 under the same conditions, then defeat all the Boss Rush bosses in the same.  When you get to the final boss, the background will be different and you'll end up fighting a new boss altogether.

Beat them (perfect/no charge shots again) and you unlock Dan Hibiki as a playable character.  Yahoooooo!
I am so full of [parasitic bomb].  ... or am I?  ;3

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3284 on: December 18, 2012, 10:25:01 PM
Nintendo Land, Mario Kart 7, and JEEP ACTION!

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
    • Super Justin: The Blog
Reply #3285 on: December 18, 2012, 11:54:27 PM
I would be spending time on SFXMM, if only the game didn't crash right after starting up. X(

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #3286 on: December 20, 2012, 05:40:32 AM
Splatterhouse (2012). Okay, somebody should fire whoever writes reviews at IGN(orant) and every hoity-toity critic that gave this unfairly low ratings because game is FAR from terrible and unplayable (and believe me, I've played worse). To summerize my thoughts on this game: Is it perfect? No. Is it terrible? No [tornado fang]ing way.

[spoiler=TL;DR version]The tutorials here does suck and is probably what will gets you killed most of the time at the beginning (Tip: LT/L2+B/○ to use Splatter Siphon to drain life of near-by enemies [cost 1 Necro Meter]), it starts a little too fast for some, there's some droll moments here and there, and the game is more prone to crashing your system (although your mileage may vary), but once you get past the initial hurdles it's not a bad game. Critics like IGN obviously blasted this game as "just some overly gory game", but it's more than that. You are slaying monsters in the name of love -- to save the hero's loved ones -- which has always been the case of the original games, and it's the same case here with Rick rescuing Jennifer. Long-time fans of the Spatterhouse series (long before I became a fan of this series myself) saw that Namco put their hearts into this game as a love letter for the fans, and so have I. The game has some top-notch voice-overs as well (Hint: Fuzzy Lumpkins, Pete, and Tiger is the Terror Mask in this game), and the pacing of story and gameplay isn't bad either. When you grab that 2×4 or tear out an enemy's arm and start smacking demonic goons with it, you feel like a badass doing it. To me, this game has earned a spot for some of the most under-rated (and unappreciated) games next to Senko no Ronde of my Xbox 360 collection (although Splatterhouse is also on PS3 but that's not the point I'm making here).[/spoiler]

I've 100% this game already (both the game and Achievements), and starting a new game on Brutal without my skills carried over and I'm and doing pretty good with what I've learned in my Normal mode run and the survival arenas. And by the way, you can unlock all three of the original Splatterhouse games (including the arcade original, not the Turbo Grafx-16 port of the first game) in this remake too. :3

La-Mulana (2012, WiiWare version). After years of set-backs and BS that kept everyone else from playing this game, and I can say I commend everyone at NIGORO for living up to keeping their promise of bringing this remake for all to enjoy. The 32-bit visuals beautiful, the music is amazing, and the game is quite the challenge. I'd pony up the extra cash to get this game on PC so I can play this game in 1080p on my brother's PC. I still haven't beaten the original, but there are differences between the original and remake. I think I'm passed the half-way point of the game (I've slain about 6 of the guardians) though I'm a bit lost...

Beat Hazard (XBLIG). Finally the problem that screwed up the firewall in my house, which in turn stopped me from streaming media from the PCs in my house, has been dealt with and now I can rave my brains out again. Now I can rave to Double Dragon Neon's OST, Superpony Beat's MLP:FiM remixes, and recently renard's music from DASH-DA-DASH DX (I gotta see if he's got other [legitimately] free music too). Speaking of DASH-DA-DASH DX, it's a freeware survival shoot 'em up game where you must (obviously) dash way from bullet patterns and outlast the boss' attacks. It's a neat little game, I must say, and the XBLIG graphic setting is kinda trippy.

Other games I've been playing on PC was basically me messing around with Xpadder with my corded 360 controller so I don't have to use the keyboard all the time. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna start cracking cases in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #3287 on: December 20, 2012, 06:23:14 AM
Playing NiGHTS Into Dreams... on PC.
Yeah, it's released.
I'm so horrible at this, I couldn't even unlock the last dream and now I need to do better. FFFF...

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #3288 on: December 20, 2012, 07:57:21 AM
Playing NiGHTS Into Dreams... on PC.
Yeah, it's released.
I'm so horrible at this, I couldn't even unlock the last dream and now I need to do better. FFFF...
Yea, ever since it came to XBLA and PSN, I'm itching to get this. Like right now. Why must the choices of my Xbox shopping has to be hard for me? :'(

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3289 on: December 20, 2012, 08:24:02 AM
I'll be picking up Singularity. From what I can see it looks pretty cool.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3290 on: December 21, 2012, 03:01:07 AM
RKS Freudenstachel. Holy crap, what a great sequel. owo

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
Reply #3291 on: December 21, 2012, 08:48:31 PM
Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch, now that it's been updated to v3A. 8D

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3292 on: December 21, 2012, 11:52:02 PM
Oh yeah.  I should play that...

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3293 on: December 23, 2012, 12:30:40 PM
Having so much fun with RE Revelations. RE4 controls/combat + old school RE exploration = win.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #3294 on: December 23, 2012, 06:01:00 PM
Was playing "IWBTG" Boss Rush, 10 mins ago.

20mins
18 deaths

This is how I rank the Bosses:

[spoiler]1st - BowserWartWily - Time consuming [parasitic bomb], if you [tornado fang]ed up, against Wily.
2nd - Kraidgief - Ridiculous button mashing [parasitic bomb], and slightly random [parasitic bomb]y difficulty.
3rd - Mother Brain - on par with Touhou's difficulty, but doable, IMO.
4th - Mecha Birdo - To much dependance on [tornado fang]ing perfect jumps.
5th - Dracula - Random bull [parasitic bomb]. Its not fun when he teleports right on top of you.
6th - Dragon Devil - Unlike Mecha Birdo, less frustrating, but a bit time cosuming
7th - Mike Tyson - Time consuming but easy
Last - The Guy - Since he lacks his 2nd form in the Boss Rush, he becomes the easiest Boss to deal with.[/spoiler]

Fear me.

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
Reply #3295 on: December 25, 2012, 10:12:45 PM
Nintendo Land. The Wii U has been a great system thus far. ^_^

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #3296 on: December 25, 2012, 10:34:10 PM
Sonic Generations (360 ver.) feels a bit short if you aren't going for all the challenges, red rings, S ranks, and facing the rival battles. I'm already at City Escape!

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #3297 on: December 26, 2012, 11:24:07 AM
Remidoki, love the miserable chibi faces of the maids (not including Sakuya).

Fear me.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3298 on: December 26, 2012, 09:16:45 PM
The Portal series.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3299 on: December 26, 2012, 11:40:21 PM
Metroid Prime 2. And you know what? [tornado fang] Quadraxis.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.