The "What are you currently playing?" Thread

Saber · 726133

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3200 on: November 09, 2012, 05:03:48 AM
Going through a re-run of Ape Escape on ePSXe.

Also Ape Escape 3 whenever I feel like it since my Computer can play it now.
Anyway, question. How can I get the video in PCSX2 to be perfect (i.e. not interlaced) while maintaining good speed?
Nevermind, I got it. Though can't really seem to get past the occasional speed hiccup (By which I mean the frame limiting goes off by accident)

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3201 on: November 09, 2012, 05:55:56 PM
Hey, Rockman 8 FC is quite interesting. Feels empty without all the secrets, like Rock7 FC, but at least it's pretty challenging.

I'm at Wily now. Does anyone know what all the shop items do? Other than the obvious stuff. I'm never sure what's permament and what's consumable there.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3202 on: November 09, 2012, 08:46:53 PM
If I remember right, the only permanent items in Rockman 8 FC should be the Exit Module and Energy Balancer.  Everything else should be either instant-use (energy cans) or per-level. (Arrow Shot, Laser Shot, Energy Saver, etc.)

That's if I remember correctly, of course.  It's been quite some time since I've dinked with that version of the game.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3203 on: November 09, 2012, 09:01:05 PM
Thanks. I thought the menu separated consumables and permanent upgrades, but the Exit Unit is closer to the E-Tank. No big deal, though!

I finished the game. It's pretty cool, though a bit unbalanced. 3 energy for one Flash Bomb? Grrr... X(

Offline Splash

• B-Class Hunter
  • Something here?
    • View Profile
Reply #3204 on: November 09, 2012, 09:17:12 PM
Thanks. I thought the menu separated consumables and permanent upgrades, but the Exit Unit is closer to the E-Tank. No big deal, though!

I finished the game. It's pretty cool, though a bit unbalanced. 3 energy for one Flash Bomb? Grrr... X(
That's why I like MM8, because almost every weapon has more than 7 uses.

http://quickmaster-exe.deviantart.com/
I like to draw... NOT!
Seriously.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3205 on: November 09, 2012, 09:30:27 PM
So, I downloaded Rockman 8 FC and I suddenly remembered why I never played through the damn thing.  There's no way to disable controller support, but the way it tries to map my controller (A PS2 controller via Super Dual Box Pro adapter) simply does not work.  I have directional buttons that press every button at the same time, for example...

So anyway, I decided to poke around the shop.  Here's the entire catalog of items and what they do:
[spoiler]Spare Body (1-up) - 20 Bolts - Non-usage item, takes effect immediately.
Gives you another chance to complete a stage.

E-Tank - 30 Bolts, One-time use, works immediately.
Instantly refills your Life Energy.

Power Shield - 20 Bolts - One-time use, lasts the entire stage.
Prevent Rockman from being pushed around when taking damage.

Super Recover - 20 Bolts - One-time use, lasts the entire stage.
Increase the amount of Life/Weapon Energy gained from Life/Weapon Energy Capsules.

Shooting Part - 30 Bolts - One-time use, lasts the entire stage.
You can have 5 Rock Buster shots on-screen at the same time instead of just 3.

Hyper Charge - 30 Bolts - One-time use, lasts the entire stage.
Halves the amount of time it takes to charge a Power Shot.

Exit - 50 Bolts - Infinite use, works immediately.
Allows you to immediately exit a stage if you've already beaten it once.

Exchanger - 80 Bolts - Permanent upgrade.
If you have full Life Energy and pick up a Life Energy Capsule, it gets converted into Weapon Energy instead.

Energy Balancer - 100 Bolts - Permanent upgrade.
Weapon Energy Capsules picked up while no weapon is equipped automatically charge the weapon with the lowest energy.

Energy Saver - 150 Bolts - Permanent upgrade.
Decreases the amount of energy needed to use a special weapon by about half.[/spoiler]
So... yeah!  I was wrong about a lot of things, apparently.  XD

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #3206 on: November 09, 2012, 09:32:12 PM

That went pretty well and quick! Moving on to ZoE2~

All Clear~ :cookie: :3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3207 on: November 09, 2012, 09:37:17 PM
Yay. I must get on that. XD

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3208 on: November 09, 2012, 10:27:29 PM
Thanks, Joseph. Sucks that Super Recover and Hyper Charge are one stage only... maybe they should have been more expensive, but permanent.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #3209 on: November 10, 2012, 04:08:57 AM
So, I downloaded Rockman 8 FC and I suddenly remembered why I never played through the damn thing.  There's no way to disable controller support, but the way it tries to map my controller (A PS2 controller via Super Dual Box Pro adapter) simply does not work.  I have directional buttons that press every button at the same time, for example...

So anyway, I decided to poke around the shop.  Here's the entire catalog of items and what they do:
[spoiler]Spare Body (1-up) - 20 Bolts - Non-usage item, takes effect immediately.
Gives you another chance to complete a stage.

E-Tank - 30 Bolts, One-time use, works immediately.
Instantly refills your Life Energy.

Power Shield - 20 Bolts - One-time use, lasts the entire stage.
Prevent Rockman from being pushed around when taking damage.

Super Recover - 20 Bolts - One-time use, lasts the entire stage.
Increase the amount of Life/Weapon Energy gained from Life/Weapon Energy Capsules.

Shooting Part - 30 Bolts - One-time use, lasts the entire stage.
You can have 5 Rock Buster shots on-screen at the same time instead of just 3.

Hyper Charge - 30 Bolts - One-time use, lasts the entire stage.
Halves the amount of time it takes to charge a Power Shot.

Exit - 50 Bolts - Infinite use, works immediately.
Allows you to immediately exit a stage if you've already beaten it once.

Exchanger - 80 Bolts - Permanent upgrade.
If you have full Life Energy and pick up a Life Energy Capsule, it gets converted into Weapon Energy instead.

Energy Balancer - 100 Bolts - Permanent upgrade.
Weapon Energy Capsules picked up while no weapon is equipped automatically charge the weapon with the lowest energy.

Energy Saver - 150 Bolts - Permanent upgrade.
Decreases the amount of energy needed to use a special weapon by about half.[/spoiler]
So... yeah!  I was wrong about a lot of things, apparently.  XD
Joy2Key?

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3210 on: November 10, 2012, 04:48:08 AM
Is exactly what I was trying to use, but unfortunately, Rockman 8 FC recognizes the raw controller input on top of the fake keyboard input.  And there's no way to disable the controller input that I can tell.  So that just makes things even more terrible.  T_T

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
    • Super Justin: The Blog
Reply #3211 on: November 10, 2012, 06:35:44 AM
Halo 4.

Am I the only one that sees the Incineration Cannon as being a good weapon in the Rockman games? ::)

Offline Splash

• B-Class Hunter
  • Something here?
    • View Profile
Reply #3212 on: November 10, 2012, 05:59:19 PM
Parasite Eve.
Have defeated Spider boss (he was hard, IMO). After that main antagonist showed up and blew up one fighter jet. Second jet was flying into me, so I had to escape him. However, I didn't manage to do it, so I died and I have to fight that Spider boss, again.  O:<

http://quickmaster-exe.deviantart.com/
I like to draw... NOT!
Seriously.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3213 on: November 11, 2012, 03:07:43 AM
Yeah, the ancient save system is one thing that makes Parasite Eve kind of a pain. There's one boss later that's even worse at this, you'll have to sit through like 15 minutes of cutscenes and walking around if you die...

I played Mega Man 9 today. This game is sooo freaking awesome, man. Can't believe I haven't played in 4 years. Also have no idea how I managed to Mr. Perfect this, there are so many parts where you need insane reaction.

Posted on: November 10, 2012, 03:03:35 PM
Mega Man 10 (boss weapons only) is done. You know, if I weren't so hyped for MM9 back then, I would definitely prefer MM10. It's probably the better game anyway. Mega Man level design cannot get any more polished than this. This run was amazing because I actually forgot how most of the levels play.

I never ever used the buster in this run... Mega Man Killers' weapons FTW!

Hard mode, Proto, Bass, Special Stages and Endless Attack in the near future. I promise.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3214 on: November 11, 2012, 03:17:20 AM
They finished Mega Man 8 FC? Where was I?

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3215 on: November 11, 2012, 04:40:35 AM
It's technically not finished just yet.  They still have to add either Cutman and Woodman or Oilman and Timeman to the game (in the places where Cutman and Woodman were in the Saturn release).  Not sure if they intend to add anything else, but that's all that's missing right now.  The game is playable from Robot Masters to Wily Saucer 5, complete with intro cutscene and ending.

Unless, you know, you use Mayflash adapters for your game controllers.  :B

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3216 on: November 12, 2012, 05:38:47 AM
Right now playing Halo: CE, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, and Assassin's Creed (For the gameplay, anyways. Can't say I care for the story.)

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3217 on: November 12, 2012, 06:17:38 PM
Finally got my new PS3. After about 589 hours of installing and transferring stuff, I'll finally play some games.

Downloaded Dark Souls DLC, will start later tonight. I'm kinda worried because I don't even know if the DLC installed right... since you can only tell later on.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3218 on: November 12, 2012, 07:44:53 PM
Assassin's Creed (For the gameplay, anyways. Can't say I care for the story.)
That game needed more hash. A hash meter, where you get more ferocious as you get higher.

I'm playing Final Fantasy. I really need to figure out somewhere to go. Even these GrOGREs ain't [parasitic bomb]

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3219 on: November 19, 2012, 07:57:32 PM
I'm playing Dark Souls, haven't reached the DLC areas yet. I'm preparing for the DLC by getting some strong equipment out of the normal way. My character is a pyromancer with focus on dexterity, and I think I'm leveling up pretty well so far.

Posted on: November 14, 2012, 10:53:23 PM
Dark Souls DLC was excellent. I don't care a lot for the forest, but the other new areas were well done, and ALL boss fights were amazing. You also get many new weapons and armor (my favorite is the Artorias suit).

Now I'm just gonna finish the game normally, and play something else on the PS3.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3220 on: November 19, 2012, 11:07:57 PM
Playing Beyond Good and Evil. It's like, Rayman 2 environments meets Mirror's Edge's protagonist meets Zelda's gameplay.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3221 on: November 20, 2012, 03:04:25 AM
Castlevania. Thirty bucks. Made it to level 3, but then decided to take a break. I could feasibly have beaten it the first time popping it in, but I didn't wanna commit at the time.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3222 on: November 26, 2012, 03:57:38 PM
Sorry about the samey updates, but I'm still playing Dark Souls. Finished new game+ on my second file. DLC bosses on NG+... awesome.

Already thinking about doing a Level 1 run. Apparently this isn't too hard, because what matters in this game is your gear/weapons, but sounds like fun. I also want to go all the way to new game+7 or 8, 'cause people say enemies get stronger and stronger as you progress.

I REALLY need to play something else right now, though.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3223 on: November 26, 2012, 09:09:53 PM
I just played Donkey Kong Country in 2-player competitive mode with my brother.

It felt like we were recording a Game Grumps episode. Lots of stupid deaths, laughing, talking about Rare, and realizing that we've changed as gamers since our youth--in that we're not as good at games as we used to be. Fun times.

I wish we had recorded it. My brother's hilarious. He comes up with the best jokes/mental images on a whim.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3224 on: November 26, 2012, 09:48:53 PM
I've picked up Sonic Adventure 2 Battle on the GameCube. I used to own SADX, and I kind of liked it, but at the same time I really couldn't get used to the gameplay. So far SA2 feels a lot smoother (except Gamma's stages >>>>> Tails and Eggman's).

Anyways I'm playing the Hero and Dark stories side-by-side. It just feels more interesting doing it that way rather than doing one at a time.