Rockman X9 getting big support from fans!

VixyNyan · 54912

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: January 20, 2009, 03:52:02 PM
and i already played the 16-bit megaman X but i have to say i dont want a 16-bit megaman.......8-bit megaman is acceptable but 16-bit megaman X?sorry but no.....Capcom really made [parasitic bomb] on the megaman series for several years so please.......make it special,advance,highly super graphical than devil may cry......making it 16-bit would show that they were truly lazy or not serious about megaman.....

Yeah...no.

If there's one thing we've learned after all this time is that "technologicaly advanced"  Megaman games RARELY do well. Legends 1 & 2? We're still waiting for a third part after all this years, so that REALLY says something. X7? We all know what happened. X8? No idea how well it did actually. Maverick Hunter X and Powered Up? I don't think I need to explain the situation here.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: January 21, 2009, 03:01:44 AM
X7 was GREAT. it was the stage layout that could have used some more planning. as they were very bland and too straight forward. X8 was good, but once again, lacked a bit in the stages. they were very straight foreward (some not all, as antonion has shown) and simply had gimmicks. I mean, trilobyte has you go through the same area twice, and dont get me started on manowars stage.
other than that, it was good. and the only reasons things like IHX and MMPU did "badly" is because they didnt do good in japan. the PSP wasnt as wide spread there yet, and all they like are card battlers and "collect em all's" sidescroller egaman games do pretty much better here in the US than there.

Posted on: January 20, 2009, 08:58:53 PM
Plus not everyone has access to Xbox live, or Wiiware or any of those console "networks". I know I dont. Id rather have a game that I can buy, and that if my console were to die, wouldnt be lost. if my 360 broke years from now when that game is no longer available for DL, I wouldnt be able to Dl it again. if I had the disc, I could still have the game.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: January 21, 2009, 03:04:49 AM
I just start to wonder how many people actually know about and use XBLA/PSN/WiiWare.

Mega Man 9 at 100k just seems low.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: January 21, 2009, 03:10:41 AM
X7 was GREAT.

Another person like me who loved X7! :D
And I agree with you about X7 and X8.

I don't mind what style they went with X9, but I'm hoping for the PS1 graphics (mainly X5 and X6) cause I want to see a 2D sprite of Axl by Capcom. I like how they setup the different gameplay between the three characters and I hope they keep it in X9.

And some return of old characters will, I don't know, Dynamo?

Maybe the story plot should tell about Axl and his "attack" from Lumine during their last mission. Just like X5 depending on the performance of the player they can either save Axl from Lumine's infection or have him destroyed to save him from becoming a Maverick. Just a thought.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: January 21, 2009, 03:13:23 AM
I swear, the day the story in a megaman game doesnt revolve around MEGAMAN...
oh wait...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: January 21, 2009, 03:27:09 AM
X7 was GREAT. it was the stage layout that could have used some more planning. as they were very bland and too straight forward. X8 was good, but once again, lacked a bit in the stages. they were very straight foreward (some not all, as antonion has shown) and simply had gimmicks. I mean, trilobyte has you go through the same area twice, and dont get me started on manowars stage.
other than that, it was good. and the only reasons things like IHX and MMPU did "badly" is because they didnt do good in japan. the PSP wasnt as wide spread there yet, and all they like are card battlers and "collect em all's" sidescroller egaman games do pretty much better here in the US than there.

Posted on: January 20, 2009, 08:58:53 PM
Plus not everyone has access to Xbox live, or Wiiware or any of those console "networks". I know I dont. Id rather have a game that I can buy, and that if my console were to die, wouldnt be lost. if my 360 broke years from now when that game is no longer available for DL, I wouldnt be able to Dl it again. if I had the disc, I could still have the game.

@1st part: Well, my point was that the 3D Megaman games seem to cursed somehow or another.

@2nd part: Agreed, that's why I liked the rumor that the Wii version would be a normal disc game.

I just start to wonder how many people actually know about and use XBLA/PSN/WiiWare.

Mega Man 9 at 100k just seems low.

Well, those sales are Wiiware only, not to mention NA only too. Also, it's still in the top 10 Wiiware games sold in the week, so I don't think we should compain.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: January 21, 2009, 03:45:46 AM
but the thing is, that theyve just started to settle and get to work on the X8-IHX graphics, and with IHX, the improved upon X8, it would be a pity if they just abandoned that.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: January 21, 2009, 06:02:07 AM
They worked, but even a number of Rockman fans agree with the notion that the "feel" of the classic games was just not there with X8 and IHX. They touch it up, and I would be (more) interested.

Personally, as I may or may not have said before, I'm open to most graphical styles. But the single most IMPORTANT THING, again, is if some one like Inticreates is on board. While the X series was floundering about in quality in their absence, they kept on delivering with the Zero series, and then showcased their old-school flavor with RM9.

An X game, that basically did more to continue where the likes of X1-X3, as well as Zero 1-4, left off? I'd be ALL OVER THAT...  0v0

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: January 21, 2009, 06:12:40 AM
They worked, but even a number of Rockman fans agree with the notion that the "feel" of the classic games was just not there with X8 and IHX. They touch it up, and I would be (more) interested.

Personally, as I may or may not have said before, I'm open to most graphical styles. But the single most IMPORTANT THING, again, is if some one like Inticreates is on board. While the X series was floundering about in quality in their absence, they kept on delivering with the Zero series, and then showcased their old-school flavor with RM9.

An X game, that basically did more to continue where the likes of X1-X3, as well as Zero 1-4, left off? I'd be ALL OVER THAT... 
0v0
This dammit, this. Especially the bolded part.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: January 21, 2009, 06:39:56 AM
Definitely keep Inti. theyre good at what they do. they really are.
though my one plight is for it to be a game I can actually BUY and be able to hold in my hands.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: January 22, 2009, 02:27:22 AM
I think the only way to make a -really- good X game at this point would be to remove Capcom's involvement altogether.

Or at least Inafune.  But then, that's just me.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline TheMogX

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: January 22, 2009, 03:18:48 AM
If inticreates helps develop this game,  I dont care if its 16 or 32 bits, everything is gonna be awesome.
But getting a little into the story... it is suppose that sigma is not comming back like they state it on X8, so no more Sigma... is thats possible?  :\

I don't mind him really, hes hardcore.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: January 22, 2009, 03:21:40 AM
They have to leave him behind -sometime.-  He wasn't in Command Mission at all--he didn't even get -mentioned- at any point, so they -are- capable of writing a story that doesn't involve him, in theory.

The Other Side

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: January 22, 2009, 05:07:39 AM
I think the only way to make a -really- good X game at this point would be to remove Capcom's involvement altogether.

Or at least Inafune.  But then, that's just me.
why Inafune?

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: January 22, 2009, 05:25:03 AM
Well, mainly because if it were up to him, the X series would've ended at 5.  Considering he doesn't really -like- that the series has continued, I doubt he's really going to put a lot of effort into a ninth game.

The Other Side

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: January 22, 2009, 05:27:59 AM
it happened and theres nothing he can do about it, but he still loves his Zero. hell continue it as long as Zero's there to steal the show.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: January 22, 2009, 05:55:11 AM
The way things are now, Inafune is the Head of Capcom's R&D, and has the role of overall "Producer", when it comes to the Rockman series .

To put it bluntly, he's not really knee-deep in the Rockman series, as he once was. He may hold the final say-so with a lot of things, as well as has the right to exercise his "executive authority" and quality contro,l whenever he see fit, but the majority of the work is now handled by people who he trusts to handle the details, and he just approves of it. RM9 was a rather rare exception where he came back to play a more pivotal role, but I can't imagine him doing that, but so often. Not when he could stand to be busy doing other things, like parading the cause of Lost Planet, and its upcoming motion picture.  -u-'

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: January 22, 2009, 05:58:24 AM
Worst. E3 conference. Ever.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: January 22, 2009, 05:31:43 PM
Well, I just hope that even if it gets the green light, I hope that Inafune would ask whoever is going to design the game to create it of impressive quality while maintaining the "feel" the series had. Hopefully, the story would not be so convoluted that it contradicts what Zero series had already in placed or create an alternate timeline altogether. I do not like the ultra skinny characters X8 had and I want them to go to the artstyle of Mega Man X1-7 or even Command missions designs.

Offline Yllisos Zanon

• The Laberynth Librarian
  • Resistance Member
  • Individuality, so F*#K popularity
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: January 26, 2009, 04:30:41 PM
Just had a thought, let's have an X series game, based on the actions of the enemy, where you play as the main villian. You have to tackle thrugh some Repliforce and Maverick Hunter Animal bosses, making X and/or Zero as the final battle.

I'm Game  -_-

They're coming to take me away
hee hee hoo hoo haw haw

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=veasman#

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: January 26, 2009, 04:34:10 PM
Just had a thought, let's have an X series game, based on the actions of the enemy, where you play as the main villian. You have to tackle thrugh some Repliforce and Maverick Hunter Animal bosses, making X and/or Zero as the final battle.

I'm Game  -_-

lol Vile/VAVA.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: January 26, 2009, 09:45:08 PM
Yep, it's been done. X and Zero tag team against you for a final boss in Maverick Hunter X. Was pretty fun.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: January 26, 2009, 10:04:42 PM

I'm Game  -_-

Sounds like Maverick talk to me!

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: January 27, 2009, 01:54:59 AM
Eh, they make you fight enough good-guys-gone-bad-- Why not let you fight them while they're still good?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: January 27, 2009, 07:07:26 PM
Eh, they make you fight enough good-guys-gone-bad-- Why not let you fight them while they're still good?
X4 and X5 and some of X6.
Not all of repliforce was maverick. in fact, almost none of them were. only a few that sided with sigma. 9and then the ones dispatched BY sigma) Colonel and General for Ex DEFINITELY weren't Mavericks.

then you fight X or Zero in X5. and can fight Zero while hes not awakened. just regular Zero who happens to be OD souped up with moves he never had before. >_>;

not all of the Nightmare investigators were maverick. almost none in fact. they were just following Gates orders cuz he revived them.