• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
on: March 11, 2012, 09:06:58 PM
Bigass post is bigass

What I need;
A programmer
Another sprite artist?
A music composer (If you think you could handle making a soundtrack with CPS2 instruments, PM me :p)

Soundtrack/number of songs:
[spoiler]Opening Movie
Menu
Character Select

Character themes:
Travis & Sasori
Sakura & Knives
Izumi & Yokai
Stand Alone team
Mirage & Kabuto
Nega & Symbiote
heel & Darkness Man
Gespenst & Jack Void
Miss Z
Kaizer Mirage
Amalgamation

Stage themes:
Antartica
Volcano
Rainy Temple
Desert
Metro City
Ruins
Distorted Zone[/spoiler]

Gameplay;
2 character teams
4 button layout, LP, HP, LK & HK
Tagging out partners
Assists
Snapback

Combo system will be similar to SFXT/UMVC3, you will be able to chain normals into normals into specials into supers. Example; LP -> LK -> HP -> HK

Story;
It has been a year since Mirage's last defeat. In their recent battle, Mirage uses the Infinite Gem on him, which warps reality and causes Travis' alternative versions to collide together. The heroes try to help with the mess, while the villains try to make it worse. Basic. However, some heroes/villains have different motives. (Yukumo wants to help, and try to make it into a movie, Heelnavi and Darkness Man are just helping with the chaos)

Universes/versions;
[Neutral] The End - Travis Kizu (Post apocalyptic era)
[Neutral] Crooked World - Izumi Takehiro (Travis/Izumi is a demon and Mirage is a human)
[Good] Alterniverse - Tracy Yamato (Gender flip)
[Good] Toonverse - Toon Travis (Super Deformed)
[Good] Final Vow - Travis Greene (If the world were ruled by zombies)
[Evil] Paradise Lost - Symbiote (The symbiote takes over Travis)

What the Char. select would look like (Big image) Solid Snake and Spiderman/Peter Parker are getting removed
[spoiler][/spoiler]

The roster so far;
Heroes;
Travis Yamato/Sasori Akako
Sakura Yamato/Knives Chau
Yukumo Katanagi/Travis Greene
Izumi Takehiro/Yokai' Tengu

[STAND ALONE TEAM]
Travis Kizu/Tracy Yamato/Toonverse Travis

Villians;
Mirage/Kabuto
Nega Travis/Symbiote Travis
Darkness Man/Heelnavi
Gespenst/Jack Void

Bosses;
[Mini/Rival]
Miss Z

Tokusatsu Yukumo Katanagi

[Big/Major]

Kaizer Mirage (彼オロチフォームを復帰したミラージュ)

Amalgamation (The Final Boss)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Lifebar and Super Meter

Darkness Man Prologue (screw scanlines)
[spoiler]
When Darkness Man heard about the large group of fighters moving towards getting the Infinite Gem, He later set course there as well.

"....."
"Must I do everything.....?"
"Worthless fools...."

Darkness Man chooses to go alone on his mission, as he says "he only relies on himself and only himself in battle."

"Must eliminate all...."
"Must retrieve....."
"Infinite Gem..."[/spoiler]

Sasori Palettes
[spoiler]Light Punch (Default)

Heavy Punch

Light Kick

Heavy Kick
[/spoiler]

Travis Palettes

Heavy Punch

Light Kick

Heavy Kick
[/spoiler]

Izumi Palettes

Heavy Punch

Light Kick

Heavy Kick
[/spoiler]

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 10:57:41 PM
I would recommend you to wait until you are more mature to start asking help for a game project, becuase it doesn't sound like you know the effort required to make one.

Before you even think about gathering a team, you should answer to yourself why would anyone want to play your game, what is the characteristic that would separate them from the rest. It doesn't look like you gave much thought to this, you just happened to play SFxT minutes ago and decided to make a game for the lulz. If you don't offer a unique experience, then no one will help you, since their effort will be just time wasted.

As for the graphics, they look like lazy Paint doodles, so if you want to be part of your own team you must provide the best of what you can do, and since spritting seems to be your thing, you should keep spritting til you get better (MUCH better) before you even think about starting with your project.

OR, you can start the project yourself, and that way you don't have to deal with dicks like myself telling you what's good and what isn't, but that doesn't assure you anyone will play this game besides you.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 11:27:15 PM
I would recommend you to wait until you are more mature to start asking help for a game project, becuase it doesn't sound like you know the effort required to make one.

Before you even think about gathering a team, you should answer to yourself why would anyone want to play your game, what is the characteristic that would separate them from the rest. It doesn't look like you gave much thought to this, you just happened to play SFxT minutes ago and decided to make a game for the lulz. If you don't offer a unique experience, then no one will help you, since their effort will be just time wasted.

As for the graphics, they look like lazy Paint doodles, so if you want to be part of your own team you must provide the best of what you can do, and since spritting seems to be your thing, you should keep spritting til you get better (MUCH better) before you even think about starting with your project.

OR, you can start the project yourself, and that way you don't have to deal with dicks like myself telling you what's good and what isn't, but that doesn't assure you anyone will play this game besides you.

I've had Identity Crisis in my mind for a quite a while, (or 2 months ago whatever) there arent that many SFxT references in the game, besides the combo chaining (which a couple fighting games use, but umvc3 and sfxt came to mind first) and the lifebar/super meter. As for the "Ms Paint doodles" I might make them into Hi-res sprites or something, because they do look a bit out of place...

asdfg you're not a dick, any criticism is helpful.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 01:41:39 AM
I've had Identity Crisis in my mind for a quite a while, (or 2 months ago whatever) there arent that many SFxT references in the game, besides the combo chaining (which a couple fighting games use, but umvc3 and sfxt came to mind first) and the lifebar/super meter.
Yeah, but it looks like you took more time thining about the characters instead of the gameplay. I don't think I can be helpful in this, since I haven't played fighting games in a long time, but you should think of some gimmick you can exploit to make the game stand out from the rest. Otherwise, it will fly by unnoticed.

As for the "Ms Paint doodles" I might make them into Hi-res sprites or something, because they do look a bit out of place...
The Paint doodles crit have nothing to do with the resolution, since there are games that handle smaller resolutions and still work really well. My critic has more to do with your lineart control. On your "cutscene" drawings and the mugshots from the selection screen you're using that ugly, jaggy and thick black outline that screams lazy to me. If you can't avoid making those shaky lines then you should keep practising until you get them right. You should avoid at all cost using the same width of lines if you're using those thick linearts.

The characters also look a lot alike, as if you used some template to make them (same body proportions, same circular head, same height, same face), and this might be more of a personal opinion, but most of them look really plain (although this might be because of the art style, a stylish artwork can make plain characters look awesome easily)

Lastly,  those textures you use (forgot how they are named -_-) don't look good.