Bueno Excelente · 5028

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
on: September 12, 2011, 03:18:52 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y414Q7vVgYU[/youtube]

Jensen's a dancing machine.

So, who has played the greatest RPG/Action combination franchise ever made? Both the original and the prequel. The sequel doesn't exist.

Anyone wanna discuss transhumanity in a radical manner, or talk about how Pritchard's tsundere ass looks so delicious? This is the place.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 03:59:25 PM

Delicious theme/wallpaper

Gotta say I think I prefer HR over the original, in terms of overall enjoyment...

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
  • Mavericks are for pussies...real men kill Aliens
    • View Profile
    • MY fan thingys , help me overcome my fear to show my draws please
Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 04:03:13 PM
did someone says deus ex.....??
one of the best game evah...!!!!!!!!
but, i haven`t played invisible wars..... is really so bad?
really warren spector make a horrbile game?

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 04:19:14 PM
YES.

And from my point of view, they're both amazing games. The original had much more variety, was much bigger and it had way more options/endings.

But Human Revolution is bloody beautiful, the characters seem more likeable, and the action is done way, waaaay better, specially the stealth. Not just that, you find yourself not even using the weapons during most of the game. I love that. Bosses can go screw themselves, though.

Also, Sarif ending is only ending.

did someone says deus ex.....??
one of the best game evah...!!!!!!!!
but, i haven`t played invisible wars..... is really so bad?
really warren spector make a horrbile game?
Take about a weekend or so to play the game. It's kinda like a bad fanfic. It's not the most horrible game ever, but it's awful when compared to how amazing Deus Ex was. Has a typical Mary-Sue character who is related to the main character of the original, and it deals with a ton of Jesus apocalyptic bullshit.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 11:50:56 PM

Character designs were apparently all over the place before they really got started with the game. Guy's got a bunch of pics like that, check 'em.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 11:58:59 PM
Honestly, those look a little bit too colorful and punk-like for my taste. I love the way the game ended up as.

Does anyone else think Jensen sounds a bit like a middle-aged Clint Eastwood?

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 01:42:45 AM
Well, I suppose this game deserves it's own thread. Too bad it probably won't gain much traction around these parts.

I know some of the people who worked on it, nice guys. Very devoted.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 01:49:51 AM
I've heard very mixed reviews on this game thus far. Suzu really recommended it, but someone at work told me it was meh. Haha, it's not like I have much time to play it anyway.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 01:53:50 AM
I've heard very mixed reviews on this game thus far. Suzu really recommended it, but someone at work told me it was meh. Haha, it's not like I have much time to play it anyway.
In my opinion, it's the very definition of a perfect game, flaws and everything. Play it when you have time. it's amazing.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 09:21:18 AM
Calling it perfect seems like tempting fate, with overhype disappointment if nothing else. But it is a thoroughly solid and basically enjoyable game, though I strongly recommend doing a guns-ablaze run the first time around, rather than pacifist sneaking (since that is helped so much by knowing where stuff is and what augs would've helped in exploring).

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 10:38:27 AM
Calling it perfect seems like tempting fate, with overhype disappointment if nothing else. But it is a thoroughly solid and basically enjoyable game, though I strongly recommend doing a guns-ablaze run the first time around, rather than pacifist sneaking (since that is helped so much by knowing where stuff is and what augs would've helped in exploring).
What? No! The main thing the game's fun at, is sneaking. This game has what's probably the best and most simplistic sneaking mechanics since MGS, it's VERY fun to play around with the enemy AI, you gain A LOT more experience by sneaking, and the fun thing about the game, is that you do not treat it like a guns blazing FPS, but like an RPG. There's exploration, a ton of sidequests and missions, secrets in every corner, augmentations galore... the fun thing is exploring an unknown world.

Not to mention the game is made so you go down with a single shotgun shot, and about two or three shots from other guns. The regenerative health doesn't actually start regenerating until you stop fighting and wait quite a bit (not made for mid-combat) and the enemies will overpower you every single time. The game is made to be played on the Give Me Deus Ex difficulty mode, and it comes out as the most rewarding and amazing of all plays. Be stealthy when it's required, have fun with guns when you gotta, kill the people you want in your own morality choices (I made a point to spare innocents, kill terrorists and knock out gang members/security forces when I played. The choices and morality of the people around you is very visible, as well as how much they want to actually fight you). The world lives and breathes, and you can experiment with all of its things as you go through the game. But don't go guns blazing. The LAST thing you want, is to go guns blazing.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 11:24:21 AM
Right, what I meant is, come equipped for guns blazing. That way you don't get [tornado fang]'d in the boss fights, and its nice to always have the option to pop a few heads instead of grinding your teeth while waiting for an opportunity to pass without killing anyone.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 11:35:45 AM
Right, what I meant is, come equipped for guns blazing. That way you don't get [tornado fang]'d in the boss fights, and its nice to always have the option to pop a few heads instead of grinding your teeth while waiting for an opportunity to pass without killing anyone.
Guns blazing is good for bosses, and when you have a ton of enemies stacked together. Heck, even then, it's best to throw a concussion grenade and sneak on by. But yes, bosses are one of the big things about the game that could be much better.

...specially since you can beat them in 10 seconds by going up to them and mashing the Typhoon button.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 12:49:20 PM
I know some of the people who worked on it, nice guys. Very devoted.

Tell them I loved every single minute.
Went in with zero expectations and as a result I w as blown away.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 03:18:54 AM
New info from an interview.

Eurogamer: Human Revolution was critically acclaimed and enjoyed good sales. Would you like to make another Deus Ex?

Marce-Andre Dufort: I would like to, but I don't know what the future is right now. I know that Wada-san [Yoichi Wada, Square Enix president] said he had a plan for the future, but right now we're celebrating the success of the game, since it's the first game of the studio. I don't know if you've seen the credits of the main game, but there were a lot of production babies, so I think people want to spend some time with their families and take some time off. That's pretty much where we are right now.

Yoichi Wada has a plan for the rest of the Deus Ex series. Looking at their track record, they'd probably love it to incorporate the game into a FF crossover or something. I dunno how I'd feel about that.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 03:26:55 AM
Crossover? What do you mean by that?

As for more Deus Ex: I'd like a game about Gunther.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 02:57:00 PM
Crossover? What do you mean by that?

As for more Deus Ex: I'd like a game about Gunther.
Deus Ex: "GIVE ME MY ORANGE"

And by that I mean chibi Jensen cavorting with the Final Fantasy characters.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 03:22:47 PM
Unless Wada himself flies over to Montreal to meddle with development I think the most we will see are more FF27 posters in the next game.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 03:53:18 PM
It was a game none of the big japanese head honchos were expecting to succeed, and even so, it was Square-Enix's best-selling game this year. It got the best reviews, a legion of fans and a tremendous following.

Square-Enix were not only incredibly put down by this, seeing that a western game they didn't really believe in succeeded when all of their grorious nippon stuff didn't make many waves. Now they're looking to invest more in this franchise, make sure it continues to be a money-maker, and focusing more of the company's attention to it instead of just making it the western branch's responsibility.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 04:13:22 PM
But all that was achieved without anyone of SE flying over to Eidos Montreal to observe the development.

So, in the best case scenario, the dev team gets better funding to develop on their own.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 04:43:43 PM
But all that was achieved without anyone of SE flying over to Eidos Montreal to observe the development.

So, in the best case scenario, the dev team gets better funding to develop on their own.
You honestly think they're gonna leave it alone? Or let the team carry on a pearl like this on their own? This means at the very least more and more mandated sequels and spinoffs, tons of them.

I'm only hoping they use the team, game and development as an example of how a damn successful game should be made. Because Deus Ex: Human Revolution is Square-Enix's best RPG in years.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 10:30:08 PM
I suppose they would. As SE wants to be more successful in western markets and their solution was basically "let's get Eidos".

Well I remain optimistic.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 11:30:34 PM
I just hope it was a wake-up call to how they run their business in Japan. Since the game was loved internationally.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 11:59:09 PM
I doubt they will change fundamentally. Japan is their backup market. They can always fall back to that should foreign businesses fail.

But it might change how they treat non-japanese markets.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 01:11:43 AM
Thing is, Japan just isn't giving them the business they used to give. Final Fantasy games are failing ever since the new gen. There isn't that kind of interest they used to spark, and people are accepting them more and more like another samey blockbuster of the season.

Now, a very, VERY conservative japanese company has seen that western games can be very important and not just the money you make on the side. So maybe they'll veer more in that direction and try to become more involved.