Megaman New Horizon shuts down.

Flame · 18265

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
on: January 17, 2010, 08:38:58 AM
http://www.megaman-newhorizon.com/

Yep. It basically confirms what well, many of us have suspected for a while now. The project of Megaman New Horizon has been dropped, and subsequently, turned into New Horizon, an original Scifi story with nothing to do with Megaman.

Its a pity. I really liked the idea of this game.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 10:56:24 AM
....And this thread shows how much I am being ignored. I informed about this in the Fanprojects thread like a month or so ago

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 11:01:14 AM
I knew this wans't going to make it, since it seemed they were on the same demo version for forever.

Archer

Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 11:01:38 AM
....And this thread shows how much I am being ignored. I informed about this in the Fanprojects thread like a month or so ago
Well, it's not like everyone reads that thread.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 11:03:52 AM
Well yeah, but I thought that it is already a well known fact

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 12:38:17 PM
Can't say that I'm surprised at all. They seemed far more interested in making their own thing.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 04:43:41 PM
I noticed this a while back.  In the end, if you're gonna put for this sort of effort you generally wanna make something of it ... which a fan creation really can't do.

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 05:11:27 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww noooooo :c

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 08:17:06 PM
So...Does this mean that it will get removed from the projects page? o~O

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 08:45:08 PM
It means that the latest playable version will be saved on the page. '>.>

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 10:03:56 PM
What for an epic shame. I wanted to see this project to grow and prosper, but now it seems it whithered to just a mere memory.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 10:13:30 PM
Yeah. It's a real shame. It was such an interesting concept too.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 05:38:34 AM
Pfeh, I was never interested in this anyway. I'm more into Mario Fan Gaming than Megaman one. Tough I've been out of loop for a while.

Still, a loss is a loss. It could have been quite nice.

Offline Lysekoid

• Cyberelf
  • A new world beyond the horizon
    • View Profile
    • New Horizon
Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 10:17:03 PM
How many of you still remembers Mega Man New Horizon?

http://www.newhorizon1.com/mmnh.html

www.newhorizon1.com

New Horizon is a science fiction world which holds the soul of a fantasy world's loose and inventive play style and its sense of exploration and wonder. It's a brand new world, just waiting for you to explore it!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 10:51:30 PM
I do. But I thought NH was closed and the MM project added to the big list of fangames that never saw the daylight despite having potential.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 11:40:01 PM
Ya know, reading this now I notice;

and Capcom didn't show much interest.

Um, duh? Why should they?

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 11:43:08 PM
I don't.

Ya know, reading this now I notice;

Um, duh? Why should they?

I noticed that too. It kinda seems like they expected to get hired by Capcom, or something equally stupid like that.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 01:40:28 AM
Maybe they were hoping that, if Capcom took interest in the project, that would mean that the MM: NH team was doing something right?

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 03:33:21 AM
It's probably something along the lines of they were hoping to have their project and efforts praised by Capcom? For example, fanartists of a webcomic commonly post their work to the creators to show them what they've done. Though, for a case like this a company so large doesn't really personally entertain their fans, no matter how cool they are.

I mean, poor Udon's still waiting for their approval on publishing fanart. -o-

But if one really did hear back from the original creators when making fan material it'd be pretty good motivational material I guess >_>a

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: March 24, 2011, 04:17:22 AM
Capcom would never ever glorify a GBA rom project regardless. That would be validating roms and emulators as an acceptable practice, which Capcom will NEVER do since they are in the market of SELLING video games.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: March 24, 2011, 08:04:49 AM

What is your point..?

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 03:02:28 PM
Must be something important if you made a new account just to say that.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Lysekoid

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • New Horizon
Reply #22 on: March 24, 2011, 03:58:56 PM
Maybe they were hoping that, if Capcom took interest in the project, that would mean that the MM: NH team was doing something right?
This comes very close to what I was hoping for back in those days... my name is Michal Lysek, my friends call me Lysekoid. I go back as a MegaMan fan all the way to 1998. My nick name comes from Lysek and Reploid.
I am one of the creators, sprite artists and programmers of MegaMan New Horizon:
http://www.newhorizon1.com/mmnh.html
(Everything we did is available for download at the site above)

Actually, we did contact Capcom, and I got a reply too… but they didn’t say we could continue, or that we should stop. They only said they would show it to their staff, and that’s it. The largest problem was “not knowing”. Would they sue us sometime in the future is the game got popular? I know that everything we did was original work. All sprites, art and the whole game engine were developed by me and my team. And all I hoped for was either a “this is cool, we will allow you to continue for now” or “Stop doing what you are doing and close this project down.” Not giving us a reply simply made us do the latter.

But I miss this project. It was very advanced, and a lot of fun.

But then a few people came to me and said, “why are you wasting time on a franchise fan-game which will never have a future, when you can do something unique instead”. I am very grateful for the people who said that. So… Mega Man New Horizon… was remade into New Horizon. We removed Reploids, and created our own race called Wafans. And we’re having a lot of fun with it… it’s not that far off from MegaMan, and I’d be very happy if you’d like to hear more about it…

I admit, I came here to tell you about New Horizon, hoping that if you liked MMNH, this might interest you as well.

But that’s now all… I was searching for MegaMan sites, hoping to find some old friends, but there aren’t that many MegaMan forums left. There were so many more just a few years back… I hate it when things like that happen…

PS! I’m not here just to make a few posts and then disappear. I am not here to drag people away from this place. I’m here to talk about New Horizon and show you what we’ve done, although a new thread might be good for that… and I’m here to stay if you can live with that. Besides, MegaMan New Horizon and New Horizon have a lot in common, even though MM doesn't live in our world anymore...

www.newhorizon1.com

New Horizon is a science fiction world which holds the soul of a fantasy world's loose and inventive play style and its sense of exploration and wonder. It's a brand new world, just waiting for you to explore it!

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: March 24, 2011, 04:37:58 PM
I see you've turned this into some sort of tabletop rpg, or something, at least judging by the site. I became kinda interested.
Then I noticed you're SELLING a rulebook... and I became not interested.
Thing is, I don't have a problem with buying things... I just have a problem with, well... buying things I'm obviously not able to get.
Though maybe one day, if this won't die, and I finally get myself a credit card... I might buy that stuff. Since it really looks interesting.
I think I'll look through your site a bit more soon. : P

Offline Lysekoid

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • New Horizon
Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 04:55:19 PM
I see you've turned this into some sort of tabletop rpg, or something, at least judging by the site. I became kinda interested.
Then I noticed you're SELLING a rulebook... and I became not interested.
Thank you for giving this a peek at least!
I'm not apologizing for having a book for sale. My dream is to do this work for a living after all, and the art and other things for the book cost a lot!!!
But the important thing is one small sentence in orange color saying "Everything you need to play the RPG is available for FREE. Just follow point 1-9 and enjoy the game!"

We have 6 main races: 3 human (Olympian Human, Promethean Cyborg and Medean) and 3 wafan (Aeisr Wafan, Vanir Wafan and Jorun Wafan).
We have just created our first humanoid race which is not a Human or Wafan, called Faenorr...

www.newhorizon1.com