This can't be happening

ParasiteBirth · 7507

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: September 16, 2009, 07:36:40 AM
Seriously, Metroid fits perfectly, allright, but I fell in love with Megaman because it was an epic 2D platform game , You pick a stage and you make your way to the boss, defeat it, gain it's weapon. allright.

So did I, with both series.  And Metroid Prime turned out fine, so I have hope they could do it for MegaMan.

How would you perform any wall jump in a First Person Rockman Game?
How would you perform the Slide? / Dash?

Perhaps they have it where you can switch from FPS to TPS.  Also, in Gears of War, you can run forward, so who knows?  Game designers keep trying to improve, so maybe they'll come up with something new.

Metroid was a 2D platform game that became a nice FPS game, but It doesn't mean it's the same for Megaman, Megaman and Metroid are both different Style, Almost different gameplay, almost different everything, in Super Metroid you could already aim at 8 different angles, Metroid could obviously make a perfect transition from 2D to FPS, but Rockman isn't even the same type, in Metroid you explore enviroments, in Megaman you go from point A to B.

Still 2D Metroid and 3D Metroid are vastly different, and yet both are very good.  It could be the same with Mega Man as well.

Aaanyway, this topic obviously isn't about Metroid VS Megaman going FPS, My point is, Do you REALLY imagine a Japanese Video game being made by the American Slaves of Microsoft? Even if Inafune works for it, do you really imagine Rockman turning into FPS? I mean Seriously, We offer you a Legends 3 as a Third person game, or a FPS Game, wich one seems more appealing? Third Person of course.

They could make a different series, just like they did with Legends & just like they did with EXE & Starforce, all of which are both not 2D Platforming.  Whether you like it or not, it could be done.

Like I said earlier, I fell in love with the Series because it was an awesome 2D platform game, I think it's the same for everybody else here. Of course Metroid made a nice transition to the FPS. but it doesn't mean it would be the same for Megaman, this would Ruin the whole franchise. Even Metroid came back to 2.5D With OTHER M, not because 3D Sucked, but because this is what Metroid originaly is, an epic 2D platform game.

It also doesn't mean that it wouldn't be the same for MegaMan.  I choose to take the positive route.  LoL, Legends went a different route and it didn't ruin the franchise.  EXE went a different route and it didn't ruin the franchise.  Eventually, Capcom is going to explore different gameplay ideas, whether it's a FPS or a giant Mech action game like ZOE.  Either way, we don't even know what's going on in the first place.

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: September 16, 2009, 07:46:33 AM
A FPS Megaman game sounds about as farfetched as a 3D Megaman game.

Oh wait.

Anyways, I can't wait to see if anything would come out of this.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: September 16, 2009, 07:47:27 AM
The screams of objection in this thread sound eerily familiar to when Metroid Prime was first announced. People bitched about how that wouldn't work well back then, and look at just how wrong they were. So if ever it does get announced, try giving it a chance, mmkay? Also, I'm sure Bungie can do more than FPSes. To judge a company's ability to make games based upon one series alone would be folly.

Anyways, that aside... I concur that Lost Planet certainly seems like a more plausible candidate for this type of teamwork outting. I'd personally love to see how Bungie would handle that universe.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: September 16, 2009, 09:13:11 AM
I for one, will accept more fps megaman game, just like super adventure.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: September 16, 2009, 02:48:55 PM
You know...a new MM spinoff series could work as an FPS.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: September 16, 2009, 02:53:22 PM
Why does everyone automatically freak out and start screaming "CAPCOM'S TRYING TO MAKE A FPS MEGAMAN GAME" when they've got like a billion other franchises? 

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: September 16, 2009, 02:56:42 PM
Why does everyone automatically freak out and start screaming "CAPCOM'S TRYING TO MAKE A FPS MEGAMAN GAME" when they've got like a billion other franchises?  

You're right... a MM FPS is just one possibility... maybe're they're making a Halo platformer?

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: September 16, 2009, 03:03:13 PM

Because this is a Rockman-themed board. This is the first franchise that comes to mind. Plus, there aren't that many "shooter-themed" franchises in Capcom's store, fewer that haven't already tried it out (like Resident Evil).

You're right... a MM FPS is just one possibility... maybe're they're making a Halo platformer?

Bungie already stated that Halo: Reach would be the last Halo game for a while.

Offline Mega Greasy Houdini Tek 54321

• B-Class Hunter
  • BOOYAKASHA!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: September 16, 2009, 03:13:53 PM
We really can't say for sure if it'll be a full fledged FPS, I mean he did say if things "clicked," meaning that there could be a chance it may or may not work.

If they're going to work on it, I'm hoping that there's an option where you can change the game from FPS to 3rd person. I personally, like to see characters and not just a gun in all honesty.

They love the series to much for it to change, who knows...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: September 16, 2009, 03:44:22 PM
Oshit.. Tek posting in 2 topics in one day? BLASPHEMY!

Personally, Ive always wondered what Megaman would be like if it was applied to the Metroid FPS Formula.

personally, I think the results  *COULD* be pretty cool if done right.

But this is Halo... :\

Megaman confirmed for next Halo game. 8D

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: September 16, 2009, 06:23:27 PM
I'm sure people thought a first-person Metroid would flop. They were wrong, though~

I'm remaining objective. I don't have a 360, though, so if it goes the way of Halo, it won't make any odds to me. =P

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: September 18, 2009, 08:56:46 AM
A FPS Mega Man game could work if it was an entirely new series (make it non-canon or it's own series if need be) and was more like Metroid Prime in some ways (at the very least, a stage select screen with quite a few bosses to fight and expansive areas to explore) and had some interesting weapons (Legends could probably be a decent FPS, it's already a TPS anyway in terms of basics).

Besides, there's not guarantee that the game would even BE a FPS, related to it, or even Mega Man. Yeah, the creator went and talked to Bungie, but that doesn't mean anything 100%. It'd be cool to see a Bungie game that doesn't have the word "Halo" in the title or the main character be Master Chief, the Arbiter, or whoever else is in that universe.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: September 18, 2009, 09:00:27 AM
Ive always wondered about FPS Zero, on the wii.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #38 on: September 18, 2009, 03:00:26 PM
Ive always wondered about FPS Zero, on the wii.

Red Steel? o.o

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: September 18, 2009, 09:27:41 PM
dunno. Dont have a wii. (yet)

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: September 19, 2009, 06:13:13 AM
Personally, I wouldn't mind so much if Inafune wanted to collaborate with Bungie, in order to make a Rockman game (if so much was indeed the case, but I doubt it).

What would disappoint is probably if just turned out to be a FPS Rockman game.

I mean, besides the thing of how I don't care for FPSs (they make me get all queasy), it wouldn't speak any thing of Bungie trying to do more to stretch out beyond the mold of Halo. I believe they said that they wanted to do more than that, and if this next Halo game was truly going to be the last one for a while, then they would have that opportunity to start flexing some creative muscle.

...All that, and just to make a FPS Rockman game? That'd be disappointing, in many ways.

Plus, I could see the Japanese fan base stomaching such a thing even less, as FPSs historically don't perform all that hotly in Japan. And I could only fathom how some might react if, after waiting for DASH3 for so long, they only get it through the game being a true FPS...  8D

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: September 19, 2009, 06:46:09 AM
it wouldn't speak any thing of Bungie trying to do more to stretch out beyond the mold of Halo. I

They are doing that.

ODST was originally just a mini side story that would only take around 3-5 hours to beat. But with only a mere years development time it's already passed their previous works.

If Inafune did do something with then, I'd rather he forget about Rockman.

Face it, Inafune does his best when not working on the Rockman series. Like with Dead rising, etc.