Megagirl R / ロックガール R (Official Wip Thread)

Gatuca · 270492

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #425 on: April 11, 2010, 10:19:23 PM
well, honestly i dint want to add the text since it will kill the presentation of the screen, but, oh well.........

also fixed Feathers' Avatar, and............

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

Offline CadmiumRED

• Surrealist Extraordinaire
  • Net Navi
  • VUT HEYENPIPPIK WUZZA BRAVE LIDDLE WOODNIK.
    • View Profile
    • CadmiumRED's Art Page
Reply #426 on: April 11, 2010, 10:26:06 PM
Dude.. your, letter sprites.. they're like one pixel bigger in terms of space between each letter.  Skim your kerning some on them, then those would look a lot better.

"The fact that I myself do not understand what my paintings mean while I am painting them does not imply that they are meaningless." - Salvador Dali
"Do not be afraid of perfection - you will never attain it." - Salvador Dali

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #427 on: April 11, 2010, 10:31:46 PM
Either the order is that Volcaino > TaiChi > Feather > Opera > Perfume > Gelato > Static > Moon.

Volcaino, your typical starting boss. Her patterns are very easy to read with Roll's buster. Taichi's weak against Volcaino's due to eruption, causing a quake and throwing off balance, Feather won't do a thing on a 1,000 year pose. Feathers can pretty much shut Opera's trap when you stuff them in her mouth. Opera is loud and irritating enough that scents can be ignored.. or that perfume bottles can break easy by noise. liquid perfume can cause Gel to stick in one place. Gelatin is obviously slightly shock-resistant. Why static beats moon due to the moon being made of stone.. and one of the odd weaknesses in MM Tradition. Moon can pretty much can control weather, and how a volcaino will erupt.

So, does the order make sense?  :)

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #428 on: April 12, 2010, 12:24:48 AM
well, i fixed the letters and fixed the mugshot of Feather Woman

Also...........................

[spoiler]MEGAMAN MODE

And about the Order..No that's not going to be the order, in fact i did came up with a vague order, but i am open to suggestions, plus some RM's are going to have more then 1 weakness.

Also, i Have to say

Volcano Woman - Fire Weapon
Moon Woman    - Shield Weapon

and one more thing, should i change Gelato's name to Ice Cream, since it already had Ice in the Name, and there's Ice Man, and i guess there is already an Ice Cream Man, even tough Ice Cream Girl seemed more fitting, but i dont know.[/spoiler]

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #429 on: April 12, 2010, 12:47:25 AM
Looks even better now! And a Megaman mode? That is pretty epic.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Reply #430 on: April 12, 2010, 12:57:17 AM
Indeed, the stage select is looking better already. 8) Also, having a Mega Man mode will be awesome.

Concerning Gelato's name change..."Ice Cream Girl" wouldn't work, since no RM name involves two words (unless they have a hyphen, like Yo-Yo Man and Tai-Chi Woman).

How about "Sundae Girl" instead?

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #431 on: April 12, 2010, 01:02:54 AM
"Sundae Girl"?, Mhhhhhhh...................

that would sound kinda dodgy, and with her i don't wanna go that way...........

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Lizardcommando's Youtube Page
Reply #432 on: April 12, 2010, 01:40:30 AM
Why exactly are you changing Gelato Girl's name? I actually like it. It's got a nice ring to it.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #433 on: April 12, 2010, 01:55:42 AM
As do I. It just rolls off the tongue.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #434 on: April 12, 2010, 02:44:54 AM
Agreed with the fellows above me.

As for "Sundae Girl" sounding dodgy...How could it possibly sound dodgy? "Cream Girl" sounds dodgier than this!

Offline CadmiumRED

• Surrealist Extraordinaire
  • Net Navi
  • VUT HEYENPIPPIK WUZZA BRAVE LIDDLE WOODNIK.
    • View Profile
    • CadmiumRED's Art Page
Reply #435 on: April 12, 2010, 02:48:00 AM
I have to agree with Kudos on this.  I don't see how a word such as Sundae can lead to anything suggestive.  And yes, I find Cream to be way dodgier in comparison.

"The fact that I myself do not understand what my paintings mean while I am painting them does not imply that they are meaningless." - Salvador Dali
"Do not be afraid of perfection - you will never attain it." - Salvador Dali

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #436 on: April 12, 2010, 02:57:18 AM
The mugshots are pretty nice, but Perfume´s face has a really weird shape

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #438 on: April 15, 2010, 12:47:11 AM
already seen it  8)

im just busy right now

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #439 on: May 14, 2010, 09:24:07 PM
Holy Hell, ist been awhile....

well, only to tell you that i have been busy in other things so i did put the project on hiatus, but i hope in the next 2 months to get my quite lazy ass back into work, also it doesnt help the fact that my keyboard of my actual PC doesnt work anymore. >_<

well Kudos i do like to listen to you version of the plot in the meantime :)

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #440 on: May 14, 2010, 10:36:34 PM
No problem, friend! I'll post it here, when I will get the chance. owob

Also, I'm sorry to hear about your broken keyboard. :( I hope that you'll get a new one, soon.

Offline Yoku Man

• Robot Master of Yoku Blocks.
  • Resistance Member
  • "Don't Trust Your Eyes, Trust Mine."
    • View Profile
Reply #441 on: May 15, 2010, 01:31:40 AM
I'm proud that you and the other guys are spending any time with these projects. So early before the engine is even released, makes it even more beneficial. Means many of these fangame projects will not take long to release after the engine comes out, because most of the work is already done on all of them. Keep up the good work Gatuca. Take your time ;)

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #442 on: May 15, 2010, 10:07:30 PM
Alright, Gatuca, here is my version of MGR's plot...

[spoiler]In the year 20XX, a group of female robots suddenly revolted, causing mayhem and destruction around the world! They are lead by a mysterious robot girl known as Waltz.

Naturally, Mega Man went to stop them. But then, as Mega Man went easy on them due to the female robots being innocent, he got quickly overpowered by them! As a result, this prompted Rush to retrieve Mega Man and return him to Dr. Light's lab. Due to the amount of damage that Mega Man suffered, it would take weeks for Dr. Light to fix him...

The chief of police (I can't come up with a good name for him X() came to Dr. Light, urging him to solve the crisis. However, since Mega Man was out of commission, Dr. Light was at a loss on what to do...

At that moment, Roll gathered up her courage and jumped at the chance, to volunteer to be converted into a fighting robot. After much hesitation, Dr. Light accepted Roll's request.

So, Dr. Light heavily modified Roll and equipped her with a power armor, a Variable Weapon System (that was originally a Variable Tool System that he would have given, for her birthday) and an arm cannon, dubbed the "Roll Buster". Thus, Mega Girl Roll was born!

Ready for battle, Roll goes on to face off against the female robot horde.

During her battles, she encounters Virtual Man (also known as "Pop"), a failed prototype of a combat robot (designed by Dr. Wily to counter Mega Man), who believes himself to be a superhero and mistakes Roll for a villain.

After defeating all the female robots and having a quick skirmish with Virtual Man, Roll gets into a fight with Waltz. Once Waltz is defeated, she compliments Roll's amateurish fighting skills and states that she will go recover at Dr. Wily's hotel. Assuming that Dr. Wily is the one behind it all, Roll follows Waltz to Wily Hotel.

Roll proceeds to get past through Hotel Wily's defences and robots, and beat Dr. Wily.

Dr. Wily pleads for forgiveness, saying that while he was taking his vacation, he took advantage of that occasion to open up a hotel. Using the paid money from his customers, he built an army of robots that would help him conquer the world. However, since he was busy amassing funds to organize a robot attack on the world, he was unaware of the female robot revolution that occured without his involvement.

Then, as Roll was left to wonder who was responsible, a mysterious woman made her appearance! She was known as Dr. Witty (her full name being Alberta Wendy Witty), Dr. Wily's own daughter! She reveals that she stole the female robots and reprogrammed them to take over the world, as she was being tired of seeing her exploits getting lesser attention in favor of those of her male competitors'. Her own robot creation, Waltz, was built to be their leader and counter Mega Man. In addition, Dr. Witty intentionally had Waltz lead Roll into a false trail, so that she could finish preparing her castle.

As Roll and Dr. Witty were talking, Dr. Wily sneaked away and ran off.

Afterwards, Roll followed Dr. Witty to her castle, and proceeded to destroy all of her defences, take down her robots and have a rematch with Waltz and the female RMs. Finally, Roll faced off against Dr. Witty and her death machine.

Once Dr. Witty was defeated, she sat cross-legged on the floor, pleading for forgiveness. As Roll decided to forgive her, Waltz suddenly teleported in and shot a charge shot at her! Waltz and Dr. Witty mocked Roll for her naivete, having fallen for such an obvious ruse. Thus, Waltz teleports away with Dr. Witty in tow, leaving Roll to escape the self-destructing castle.

At the end of it all, Roll came back safely to a happy Dr. Light and Mega Man (who barely recovered), having proven to be a true hero.[/spoiler]

So, what do you think of it? 8) I might write a script version later on, depending on how many times you fight Virtual Man/Pop.

Edit: Since Mega Man isn't supposed to feel arousal, I changed the reason why Mega Man can't handle the female robot crisis.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #443 on: May 15, 2010, 10:47:39 PM
WOW, thats a really good entry dude, thanks, a scripted version will be welcome

since i can do some modifications

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #444 on: May 15, 2010, 10:58:11 PM
Well, I'm glad to see that you like it so much! 8) I will most certainly prepare a rough draft of the script for you, once I'm ready.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #445 on: May 18, 2010, 01:11:17 AM
here are the plot points i be thinking, you know, to incorporate them in the script..

[spoiler]the story begans with an introduction about female equality, and his play on the robot industry, then startes with images of some female robot masters, starting to splash woman, comet woman, mage woman, and others (from various megaman fanprojects), and how it affected the industry.

then starts about in the fictional island of Robotonga, when megaman and the rest are taking a vacation, and dr.light is the representative of the contest of miss robot 20XX, then some feminist complain about the fact that roll is only a domestic robot, and that night, havoc happens[/spoiler]

[spoiler]in one point megaman gets captured, but this happens after roll defeats the 8 robot mistress, and in one point roll finds megaman begin held as hostage by waltz, only to find him fat!![/spoiler]

[spoiler]you fight virtual man in 4 ocassions, 3 in the stages of opera, tai chi and perfume, and then one before you fought dr. wily[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Roll beign bored of being a domestic robot, she wish she can help megaman in her fights, hence why does she have the valentine armor, but originally megaman does not wanted to being help, apparently because he don't want roll to being hurt, but roll began to think that the real reason is because megaman doesn't want to be helped by a girl, and she at first only wish to fight to prove herself to be as good as megaman, after waltz mocked her, waltz 1st appeared in the hotel when they were resting, when the havoc begins, megaman wanted to fight her, but then, waltz acts, well, "lovely", light does not wanted because he wished that protoman could take place, but light cannot contact protoman since he's......................... "busy"[/spoiler].

yeah i think i need to work those plot points better

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #446 on: May 18, 2010, 01:39:57 AM
I think they're great, personally. ^_^

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #447 on: May 18, 2010, 02:07:38 AM
:o

Yeah...I think that I could fix up quite a few of those plot points, and help to make them work with some of the ones that I came up with.

Thanks for sharing, though. ;) I'll certainly do my best to make the plot polished.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #448 on: May 18, 2010, 02:09:10 AM
I would replaced "fat" with "beaten bloody"; it'd heighten the sense of urgency, if that makes any sense. Give Roll a(nother) reason to be wary of Waltz.

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #449 on: May 18, 2010, 02:16:54 AM
I would replaced "fat" with "beaten bloody"; it'd heighten the sense of urgency, if that makes any sense. Give Roll a(nother) reason to be wary of Waltz.

Myself, I thought of "heavily damaged and missing his arm cannon and a leg".

Also, Waltz should act "innocent", so that Mega lets his guard down.

That being said, I will try to make the intro as short as I can manage, so that we don't end up with a MM10 situation.

Edit: By the way, what sounds more appropriate; "gender equality" or "female equality"? Oh, never mind, I'll go for the former.

Edit #2: That said, I'm looking forward to seeing Perfume Woman, Gelato Girl and Feather Woman's new images (when your keyboard problem is solved, of course :()! ;)