Megagirl R / ロックガール R (Official Wip Thread)

Gatuca · 270503

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #275 on: January 18, 2010, 08:12:57 AM
My Green Baker Gal, and Sound Gal too.
Even Zakura can be considered. O^O

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Reply #276 on: January 18, 2010, 01:49:33 PM
And my Spin and Gauntlet Woman (Blaze Woman's name got changed to something else, due to the many other Blaze RMs running around in the internet). You make us sad, good sir.

BTW, Gatucan, do keep up the good work. I really wanna play your fan game when it's finished, as well as the other fan games that are being made.

Also, keep Pop. We likes him.

My apologies, Strange one. '>.> The thing is, there's way too many female RMs to keep track of on DA, let alone the Internet. It would be practically impossible for Gatuca to include every single one of them, as cameos. So, I concentrate on those that are the most interesting.

That said, I did forget to mention Acid's Tractor Woman (though, he did consider giving her a slight redesign) and Marioshi64's Web Woman. Also, Gatuca's version of Plush Woman could have her name changed to Slush Woman, as she looks somewhat snow-themed ( the mittens and such, you know owo).

Also...I agree with you on Pop. Keep up the good faith! owob I mean, even people that get comically injured on a regular basis can be loved. Just look at Waspinator from Beast Wars! ;)

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #277 on: January 19, 2010, 02:03:28 AM
1.- i STILL need someone who can help me with Volcano Woman Spritesheet

the sheet is incomplete right now, but i need someone who can do some sprite sequences for me.....

like for example, a more sexy hula dance sequence, and a sensual fire kiss pose, as well as a sprite of Volcano looking up

[spoiler][/spoiler]

sorry for necroposting

2.- i will start working on the story, and got a vague idea, but i wanna hear some suggestions

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #278 on: January 19, 2010, 02:05:13 AM
1.- i STILL need someone who can help me with Volcano Woman Spritesheet

the sheet is incomplete right now, but i need someone who can do some sprite sequences for me.....

like for example, a more sexy hula dance sequence, and a sensual fire kiss pose, as well as a sprite of Volcano looking up

sorry for necroposting

2.- i will start working on the story, and got a vague idea, but i wanna hear some suggestions

Since no one responded to the Volcano Woman request before, do you mind if I ask one of my spriter friends to help?

Also, for the story, here's what I have in mind, for the general premise:

In the year 20XX, a group of female robots revolt, plunging the world in chaos and confusion, as an attack from the fair gender was completely unexpected. Their leader is a mysterious robot girl, known only as "Waltz". She apparently wants to prove the superiority of female robots, over their more durable male counterparts and conquer the world (or so she claims)!

Dr. Light would like to believe that Dr. Wily is responsible for this new uprising, if it wasn't for the fact that he had received a postcard from him, since he apparently is taking a vacation (or so it seems [eyebrow]).

But alas, when Mega Man tried to stop them, he got quickly overpowered and taken away as a hostage. Not wanting to stand by idly, Roll nervously, yet bravely, decided to step forward and handle the rebellion.

Dr. Light was skeptical about this, but having no other choice, he agreed to modify Roll's Variable Tool System into a Variable Weapon System. In addition, he designed a battle armor for her, as well as her own arm cannon (called the "Roll Buster"). The process was long and painful, but Light did it in a relatively quick amount of time.

Roll, newly ready for combat, goes to stop the fembot revolution...

So, what do you think?

Edit: Ah, good. 8) I'll go think about which one should be best for the job...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 06:59:01 PM by KudosForce »

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #279 on: January 20, 2010, 07:50:22 AM
oh no, aim glad on it :P

EDIT: Let me tell you Kudos, i like the Story you posted but i hope others came up with suggestion, whatever, i choose one, or take elements and ideas from others (crediting them of course), besides, i was thinking on having more humor involved on the plot of this one, in comparison of other megaman games, why do you think i created virtual man

Posted on: January 19, 2010, 02:05:50 AM
starting working on enemy sprites, and i want to go on sections, i will start with Volcano Woman enemy set

Munkee

maybe i will have finished the set in the next 2 days, and start working on the tilesets, which are gonna take sometime, since i plan to do at least 4 areas for the level, in fact i will say this right now, these levels are going to be quite enormous!!

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #280 on: January 20, 2010, 01:22:25 PM
EDIT: Let me tell you Kudos, i like the Story you posted but i hope others came up with suggestion, whatever, i choose one, or take elements and ideas from others (crediting them of course), besides, i was thinking on having more humor involved on the plot of this one, in comparison of other megaman games, why do you think i created virtual man

Posted on: January 19, 2010, 02:05:50 AM
starting working on enemy sprites, and i want to go on sections, i will start with Volcano Woman enemy set

maybe i will have finished the set in the next 2 days, and start working on the tilesets, which are gonna take sometime, since i plan to do at least 4 areas for the level, in fact i will say this right now, these levels are going to be quite enormous!!

Given the track record of people actually paying attention to this topic, I don't think there will be too many people contributing to the plot. X( However, to help you, I will ask my fellow RPM friends (HKLurch18, Manic, Musashi-COM, Great Gonzo, CadmiumRED, MexicanSunflower and Gauntlet. I would also ask Brahman, but he will leave on military service, soon.), to see if they can suggest their own ideas of the plot, for your project. ;)

That said, I did notice that you are giving a humorous tone for the plot. [eyebrow] I am well-aware of that, rather. I do expect some good laughs out of any scene involving Pop/Virtual Man.

That monkey of yours doesn't look too shabby. In fact, he fits the style fairly well. owob

Big levels, huh? :O I can hardly wait! >w<

Offline CadmiumRED

• Surrealist Extraordinaire
  • Net Navi
  • VUT HEYENPIPPIK WUZZA BRAVE LIDDLE WOODNIK.
    • View Profile
    • CadmiumRED's Art Page
Reply #281 on: January 21, 2010, 01:18:04 AM
Being that KudosForce recommended me to lend my ideas to the plate, here's what I have to offer:

Perhaps you can start off by having Roll shopping in an outlet center.. different slides will show her trying on clothes and paying at the counter.. then, DISASTER STRIKES!  So, she leaves hastily, and gets into her Mega Girl Roll outfit, and jets away to the destruction.. then the Title Screen.

Once you load the Stage Select Screen, she'll be in the middle with both her eyes open and a cute smile, then she winks whenever you pick a Robot Master.  Have a cute tune for the Stage Start animation if possible.

As for the main villain/Dr. Wily sect, I can't think of anything.

As for the ending, have her back in the outlet mall buying more clothes, and then she happily skips to the horizon with a sunset.

Well, that's my take.

"The fact that I myself do not understand what my paintings mean while I am painting them does not imply that they are meaningless." - Salvador Dali
"Do not be afraid of perfection - you will never attain it." - Salvador Dali

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #282 on: January 21, 2010, 02:28:04 AM
2nd normal enemy in the game, 2nd enemy in Volcano Woman Stage

Copunga

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #283 on: January 21, 2010, 02:30:01 AM
Interesting design. Is she based on a gorilla?

Also, what is the thing being spat out, a coconut?

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #284 on: January 21, 2010, 02:54:26 AM
Mr. KF asked me about plot ideas; while Megaman's usually the one to deal with RM attacks, perhaps something else came up and he can't deal with them; Roll decides to go after them herself.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #285 on: January 21, 2010, 07:25:38 AM
i did asked a question in the Nebula Black tread, what is wrong to having a less artificial environment for the levels, at least i want to try that for Volcano and Feather Stages

speaking of wich, i think i should give you an idea of how the level areas are going to be.........in spoiler XD

[spoiler]Volcano Woman: a Hawaiian jungle that has some sort of artificial tribal village that ends in a giant artificial sacrifice volcanic area

Feather Woman: A Dessert Mountain with More Artificial Ruins

Gelato Girl: a colorful ice cream factory (ala Willy Wonka)

Opera Woman : A giant Opera Stadium theather with escandinavian Ghaul stages

Moon /Lunar Woman : The Moon, with a giant non linear lunar station (yes ducktales and a little bit of super metroid)[/spoiler]

i still have no idea of what levels could fit for chainsaw, static and tai chi, for chainsaw i have planned a Canadian woodfactory, but again, needs to be artificial robo environment, but i don't know, so what do you think?

and BTW, about my Munkee sprite, does it look like it doesn't fit into a megaman game?, since the color skin i give him make's him look less like a robot, but i will try to use less obvious colors for these type of enemies like red, blue and green....

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #286 on: January 21, 2010, 01:24:58 PM
Oh, don't worry...Copunga fits the MM style perfectly! owob I can clearly tell that this enemy looks like a robot, with those joints.

As for the rest of the levels...How about giving Tai Chi woman a Chinese town level, with a dojo in it? It would be suitable, rather.

Static Woman should get a carpet shop, as a link to her name. Granted, it's about as accurate as Top Man or Gemini Man's stage, but I think it works. >U<

Chainsaw Woman, meanwhile...Eh, she doesn't seem Canadian to me. She seems more like the punkish type. Hmm...A saw mill will do, I suppose. :\

By the way, you misspelt "desert". I assume that Feather Woman's stage will have Native-American motifs and relics, right? Oh, and wigwams, too? That said, I rather like those level ideas of yours. :D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 04:05:00 PM by KudosForce »

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #287 on: January 24, 2010, 08:38:15 AM
not to being rudish but, any response for the sprites i requested? X(

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #288 on: January 24, 2010, 02:05:02 PM
not to being rudish but, any response for the sprites i requested? X(

I haven't got any luck yet, so far. However, I will ask Manic, if he can do that.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #289 on: January 25, 2010, 02:26:39 AM
well i hope so  -u-'

in the meantime, look what i was working today

could someone tell me suggestions of what can i add to this tile-set, wich for what i see, it's only at 25% of completion, of course i will work on idols, totems and lava lakes, also check the wily logo

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #290 on: January 25, 2010, 02:51:31 AM
Wow, now THAT's beautiful! *o* The silhouettes of the trees remind me of The Flintstones, for some reason.

That said, CadmiumRED thinks that you don't need to add anything else (aside what you mentioned), as the tileset is fine enough as it is. He also finds it nice, as well. owob

By the way, this is Waltz's logo, huh? Quite striking, I must say.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #291 on: January 25, 2010, 03:06:24 AM
well, like i said, the tile-set is only at 25%,maybe in the next 2 days i will finish the entire thing and then.........

level programming & enemies programming!!

all that i will need is the needed sprites for Volcano, and probably by the mid of February..........

a playable level!!!!!

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #292 on: January 25, 2010, 03:53:58 AM
Glad to hear it, then! 8)

I'll try to contact Manic as soon as possible, once he logs on to MSN again.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #293 on: January 25, 2010, 05:53:13 AM
before i go tobed, i did a small update on the tiles, some palette fixing and add spikes and aplattaform, i may need to edit the plattaform to like slighty more robotical, pluc the "Wily Logo" Needs fixing

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #294 on: January 25, 2010, 05:56:43 PM
Whether or not it needs any fixing, I do have to say that the "Wily logo" looks quite good and well-done. owob

Edit: By the way, I modified my story idea a bit, so that it would work better.

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #295 on: January 25, 2010, 06:58:30 PM
Whether or not it needs any fixing, I do have to say that the "Wily logo" looks quite good and well-done. owob

Ground tiles should be changed. They look pillow-shaded and non-rockmanish.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #296 on: January 25, 2010, 07:28:10 PM
honestly i dont see how those should be changed, i get inspiration on the tiles of shademan stage of rockman 7 fc, and no i dint did sprite edit or anythibng, i juts used those as reference, is valid right  o-O

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #297 on: January 25, 2010, 07:51:20 PM
honestly i dont see how those should be changed

Right now you're shading the rocks as if nearly all of them have flat or rounded surface parallel to the screen, whereas they should have flat or rounded surfaces at many different angles. Basically, opt for 3/4th view lightsource instead of a front view one.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #298 on: January 25, 2010, 09:00:05 PM
mhhhhh........ok  ::)

Pointless smaller update, i did reduced the colors of the title screen down to 12

but probably my game will use 24 colors in total on screen.... 8)

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #299 on: January 25, 2010, 10:15:39 PM
Pointless smaller update, i did reduced the colors of the title screen down to 12

11 actually. Without any change in image quality. Good job.

So, do you feel you need more colors to make it look better, or do you feel that this amount is good enough?

mhhhhh........ok  Roll Eyes

If you don't know what that means. You should just ask for clarification. Perfectionizing those ground tiles is after all a very big aspect of making an already good tileset even better. To put it in Nebula Black's terms; they're very pillow shaded; therefore you can improve upon them by shading them different. As in, without pillow shading.

On another note, I'm probably going to get roasted for even daring to mention this; but the top left two ground tiles (half brown, half green) aren't technically possible due to having 5 colors instead of 4. The similar tiles right next to the spikes, however, are wholly possible. The top left tiles would most likely work and look a lot better if you could incorporate the same basic principle of separating the greenery and the ground by use of black.