The Gonzo has art.

The Great Gonzo · 777037

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2525 on: September 13, 2012, 01:51:33 AM

Something I began work on last night; some robots based on musical styles and terms that I don't see often (or at all) in other fan-robots. A couple (namely Deathcore, Anasheed, Chorale, and Tremolo) are pre-existing; the rest are new.

* Deathcore still heavily resembles Classic Roll and Iris's lovechild. :/

* You know that "Americans only look like this in Japan" thing? I had some fun with that with Americana. Her buster's a recoloured Tank Cannon from EXE (don't remember if that was just a concept gun or not).

*Baisha Xiyue's armour is heavily based on an image found at China Ancient.com (apparently it's Han Chinese).

* Cai's pointy hair-things were derived from a character from an anime I know not the name of.

* Aggrotech's armour was giving me some trouble; then I found Psyborg Corp via YouTube. (Useless fact: I have a sketch of an Aggrotech.EXE floating around here somewhere)

* Ars Antiqua was going to have normal arms, but they looked awkward with his shoulder towers of doom.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2526 on: September 15, 2012, 07:27:30 AM
Even with the heavy armour, given Auto... 8D

Also, BOTS *swipes*

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2527 on: September 16, 2012, 06:52:10 AM
Even with the heavy armour, given Auto... 8D

True. XD;

Copy-pasted from the TMMN oekaki:

"(Title is just some lyrics from Serial Experiments Lain's opening taken out of context)

Another disappointment from Capcom, another clinically-depressed Rock. The last time I drew something like this, I mentioned Rock meeting up with Lain.

(Would Lain's BN counterpart have a Navi made from a brain scan of her or something?)"

I think this is the first time I've ever drawn Lain; if not, then it's the first time that the art was halfway-acceptable.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2528 on: September 16, 2012, 07:10:40 AM
Can't blame Rock for being so depressed.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #2529 on: September 16, 2012, 07:56:49 AM

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2530 on: September 16, 2012, 08:12:05 AM
I guess he was so depressed he decided to change his gender though my question is why he wanted melons so big.  But I shouldn't question Sub Tank now.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2531 on: September 16, 2012, 08:18:29 AM
Nah, now he's depressed because the constant unending back pain from luggin' those around.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2532 on: September 16, 2012, 08:23:32 AM
Nah, now he's depressed because the constant unending back pain from luggin' those around.
I know how that feels sometimes.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2533 on: September 16, 2012, 09:34:00 AM
That's some busters Rock's got there. o:

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #2534 on: September 16, 2012, 10:50:41 AM
I really wanna be cool and hijack some thread and start editing arts like Sub Tank does...but I just, feel so bad about it...

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2535 on: September 16, 2012, 05:20:22 PM
Comparing the original and the Sub-edit, I'm not sure if original!Lain was actually looking directly at Rock. :/

(And that's not how you store excess E-Tanks, Rock. XD )

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2536 on: September 16, 2012, 05:41:31 PM
Either way, she is looking now. XD

And fences in the future are really low.
Totally know the reason why now. XD

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2537 on: September 22, 2012, 01:16:50 AM
Heh. XD

My half of an art trade with ~pocket-arsenal; hope it was alright to post it right away.

Witchy is one of the (main?) characters in his series ("Pocket Arsenal"); the imp she's holding is a Witchling, which is probably a bit larger than that. According to their bio, the Witchlings were fairly out-of-control and destructive, so Witchy de-conjured most of them and left the remainder to guard her abandoned haunt in the woods.

The Witchling may have mistaken Witchy for someone else, but something tells me that it would've fired anyway.

Posted on: September 18, 2012, 07:59:12 PM

Did Rock shrink in the wash again, or are his siblings standing on something? As for the "oblivious" part of the title--putting RS-Proto and Roll in close proximity rarely ends well.

Started this yesterday; I wanted to try something less cel-shaded. SAI's marker tool is a bit frustrating to use at times; the airbrush and blur tools, not so much.

RS-Rock's supposed to be the middle "child" (if one assumes that Gutsman, Cutman, and Iceman were more Wily's than Light's; at no point in the series do any of them address Megaman as "brother", IIRC), but he keeps coming off as implicitly younger when I draw him. :/

Posted on: September 20, 2012, 01:58:36 AM

must not ship...

Collab with ~Carol-das-estrelas; Rock sits down and talks with Patchouli in the midsts of the Scarlet Devil Mansion's library. Normally this scenario wouldn't happen (I think), but Ranay's friends with Flandre, which presumably allowed her to get Rock into the mansion without incident.

Sorta-emulated some official art's shading (it was one of Patchouli's portraits), and used different colours (and brushes) for the background so that Rock and Patchouli'd stand out.

Posted on: September 20, 2012, 06:52:35 AM

Drawn yesterday on the TMMN oekaki.

Remember when I compared RS-MM's situation with MML3's? It led to this.

Poor Tron.  And RS-Rock, when he has to tell her that he can't be anyone's replacement love interest.

Photoshop 3.4; did some experimenting with the "stylus pressure = colour" thing.

Did Bob like ice cream, or is George gonna have to stomp him?

Lots of people have their own "Bass's sister"; I wanted to design my own, even though I'd usually just use Cantata W. Waltz and/or Piano for that specific purpose.

Bossa Nova's primary job is operation of Fortress Guardians that require pilots. She wears only slightly more armour than Piano (apparently every day at Skull Castle is Casual Friday) and spends her off-hours designing new Fortress Guardians and disparaging Bass for his "single-minded" rivalry with Megaman.

As part of the SWN series (don't ask me which number), Bossa Nova is a bit closer to them than Wily's other robots...in the sense that she's not constantly fighting with them. Bossa Nova isn't a very friendly 'bot, with or without the SWN; however, she generally won't bother anyone that didn't give her a legitimate reason to do so.

Photoshop 3.4, with text added in Elements 7.

#41 now.

* That bust of Luka was drawn on the same day we got his official art, IIRC.

* I'd given StS!Bunnie a vest since her robotic parts didn't get switched out and so couldn't really wear that jacket...but she couldn't put on that vest, either (not without removing her arm). D'oh.

* I think that's the first time in years that I've drawn Julie-Su.

* Dolce.EXE has long white hair that's barely visible in this pic.

* All the pics I could find of Eri obscured most of her design. :/

* I have to wonder if the Fan/Roll ship (which I only say is a "ship" because they're inexplicably grouped together and Roll appears to be winking at him) would've gone anywhere if Fan wasn't a toss-in.

* I was originally going to draw "Elecman" (Fireman as an electric robot) instead of "Cutman".

* It seems that I got Miyako's Piano and Capricorn's Piano mixed up (I thought that the former was a redesign of the latter). Admittedly, I prefer Miyako's Piano these days.

* I was told that I wasn't the only one with that "endlessly resurrected" idea.

* Rock, trust your family when they tell you that you really shouldn't bring two opposite-gender rabbits into the house if you don't have more than one proper cage for them/

* The honour of Best Licensed MM Character may be currently held by Quakewoman, but Alan's still likable.

* That's supposed to be Hamtaro that Rock's holding, but I can't draw Ham-Hams. >.>

* I swear there was some fanart of that fic on dA ages ago, but it's apparently no longer up and I don't seem to have it anywhere.

* Lain.EXE's outfit is a mildly-modified version of what I think was original Lain's Wired outfit.

* Oh Luka, if only you didn't have to debut in that piece of crap. (Specifically, you just mash on-screen buttons whether you're in a fixed scrolling stage or trading hits with the boss. Xover's not out yet, so there's a minimal chance that Capcom could make it less joyless and mind-numbing...but this is modern-day Capcom we're talking about)

* Ran Cossack takes after his mom quite a bit.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2538 on: September 22, 2012, 04:08:27 AM
Tron is totally caressing Rock there. :P

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2539 on: September 27, 2012, 10:36:15 PM
Heh. XD

Update schedule? What's that?

So now the group has finally met some inhabitants of the Hive (which has now been named in-comic). It could've gone better.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2540 on: September 27, 2012, 11:14:58 PM
... Arms?  From The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine?  Wow.  I didn't think anyone liked him.  Like, at all.

Edit: Hi, I'm a little new to this thread.  :B

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2541 on: September 29, 2012, 02:50:11 AM
I think my first real exposure to Sonic was AoStH. ^^;

This is the first time I've really used COPICs or Prismas in ages, and I think it shows.

I don't know how responsible a parent Kalinka really is, but either way, she's very good at getting her point across.

Posted on: September 28, 2012, 01:53:42 AM

I think I spent about as much time cleaning up the pic as I did drawing it.

God Tier robes are fun to draw, even if you don't have the exact colours for them (see: Doropie and Topman). Names and Class/Aspect, from left to right:

* Madotsuki, Master of Space. Self-explanatory only if you are me.

* Doropie, Witch of Heart. It seemed to fit her personality.

* Roll, Sylph of Blood. The wiki mentions "blood brothers" and Roll seems like the type to make friends easily... (She's supposed to be floating, but I don't know how evident that is)

* Kirby, Thief of Death (aspect by ~zobe), i.e. Change. Zobe's list also contained "Form" which might also fit, but IIRC Kirby doesn't do a lot of true "shape-shifting".

* Megaman, Knight of Versatility. One of his sleeves got torn.

* Samus, Bard of Lock (aspect by ~zobe). That particular class/aspect can destroy obstructions, which seems like one of Samus's things. (She also destroyed the conical shape of her hood)

* Protoman, Rogue of Light (fanon Rogue design by ~zynwolf). Rogues steal things for the benefit of others, and Proto tends to help Megaman out often. (Plus, the robs came with something that went over his eyes)

* Topman, Guide of Breath (class by Seyvee; Top design by ~Carol-das-estrelas). I don't know enough about that fan-made class to say why Topman got it, besides "he was originally a Bard, then Samus became the Bard". As for "why Topman", this pic was severely lacking in glasses.

I was initially a bit iffy on using fan-made classes and aspects, but soon remembered that Rock's aspect and Mado's class are both fan-made.

Drawn last night, coloured today.

To clarify, Proto was (gently) yanking on Rock's face a second ago.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2542 on: September 29, 2012, 03:59:01 AM
Kalinka sure is crushing her point across. 8D

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2543 on: October 03, 2012, 12:34:01 PM
Yeah. XD

If we assume that most robots in RS-MM have super-human strength, then Farfalla probably just cracked a few of Proto's ribs. That'll teach him to rudely comment on her relationship with Gutsman...

Your name is ARJUNA MILLER and you are something of an ODD CASE.

Although you look like an UNHOLY HYBRID of HUMAN and TROLL, you are technically neither. For the FIRST WEEK of your existence, you believed yourself to be organic, but one day you stood too close to the road and were clipped by a passing car; a SHOWER OF SPARKS shot forth from the wound, along with a generous amount of TEAL BLOOD.

Your CREATOR is married, but your "MOM", being a troll, isn't really into the whole RAISING CHILDREN thing and so you spend most of your time around your DAD, who based you on himself and his wife. You ended up looking mostly human, aside from your ODDLY-DISCOLOURED HORNS.

You enjoy PLAYING OUTSIDE and knowing that the OTHER KIDS are unlikely to TALK [parasitic bomb] ABOUT YOU because your creator is an EX-MARINE and your mother, though not really motherly, is still FAIRLY PROTECTIVE of you. Besides, there are ROBOT SHEEP and TOADS and LONG-ARMED HARLEQUINS running around, so a kid with horns isn't all that UNUSUAL.

For the most part, you're rather AMICABLE, and are glad to help your parents around the house when they ask you to. Aside from playing outside, your hobbies include TINKERING WITH VARIOUS BITS OF SCRAP that get left around in your DAD'S GARAGE and watching your mom SEW INTRICATE PATTERNS onto WHATEVER SHE FEELS LIKE MAKING.

You don't have any notable typing quirks, and lack a troll tag. The other trolls on ALTERNIA would consider you pretty LAME that way, you think. But then, you wouldn't know what the other trolls would think of you because you'd be PRIME CULL-BAIT over there.

As a robot, you are fairly durable, but Dad gave you the ability to MANIPULATE EARTH AND DIRT just in case fisticuffs couldn't cut it. Normally, teal bloods don't have any PSYCHIC POWERS, but this earth-moving is more like a MASTER WEAPON. Whatever that means.

You never imagined that these powers of yours would one day attract the attention of a LAB-COATED MANIAC.

--

Your name is NARANA MILLER (formerly ASVARI). You like to SEW, as previously alluded to in your "SON"'S BIO; aside from talking with your HUSBAND and making sure Arjuna doesn't SLICE HIS ARMS OPEN on those VARIOUS BITS OF SCRAP, you haven't been doing much else these days. And that's fine, because your PLANET OF ORIGIN wasn't that great, and if you went back, it would just CULL THE [parasitic bomb] OUT OF YOU.

You met your husband years ago, but due to AN ENDLESS CAVALCADE OF BIOLOGICAL BARRIERS, you couldn't have children. Hell, you DON'T EVEN HAVE THE NECESSARY ORGANS FOR CHILD-MAKING. Explaining QUADRANTS to hubbie was also a bit of a PAIN IN THE SPINAL CREVICE, but you eventually got things worked out, and the two of you have had a fairly long MATESPRITSHIP.

The desire for children always eluded you--not that you dislike Arjuna; in fact, you'd SPLIT OPEN the skulls of THOSE WHO WOULD WISH HIM SERIOUS HARM in an instant--and it still does. The idea that there can be only two parents of opposite genders is something of a BERSERK BUTTON for you, even though you are married to someone who is of the opposite gender. It's just the UNWARRANTED ARROGANCE that SOME PEOPLE exhibit when insisting that this is the way it must be.

Now, the sewing. You spend MOST OF YOUR INCOME on THREAD AND FABRIC. You've been somewhat interesting in MAKING YOUR OWN CLOTHES because you're on Earth and can't really wear the same thing every day, but the results are invariably DISASTROUS, so you stick with BLANKETS and PILLOWS and other such things. Alternia didn't really have anything like that--at least, not that you can remember.

Initially, you were worried about THE DISTINCT LACK OF SOPOR SLIME on EARTH, but to your relief, you appear to be too far away from the purplebloods for them to turn your DREAMS into [tornado fang]'d-UP ELDRITCH MURDER-FESTS. The dreams you do have are unlike anything experienced whilst submerged in slime, though, and the WEIRD EARTHIAN RECUPERACOONS take A LOT OF TIME TO GET USED TO.

You are not as INTIMIDATING as that rendition of you up there may make you seem, but you are no PUSHOVER either, as those bullies from out-of-town learned when they foolishly picked Arjuna as their target. You possess a STRONG SENSE OF JUSTICE, though it doesn't completely line up with the humans' or robots'. Apparently, threatening to stab your "son" with very long and very sharp knives is not a good enough reason to KICK THOSE MISERABLE LITTLE BASTARDS IN THE FACE. (On the plus side, they never bothered Arjuna again)

Your troll tag is...actually, it's been a while since you used it, because the Internet at your hive is spotty, but you went by "threadlikeMachination" on Alternia. You talk ~~with a lot of loose thread that MUST BE SEWN UP before it fuses itself to the carpet xx.

--

Your name is RON MILLER. You used to be a MARINE, but were dishonourably discharged from the IRISH ARMY because...your commanding officer wrongly assumed you were boning his wife? You never really KNEW WHY. The only thing about this that you don't RESENT is that you might not have met NARANA otherwise. Despite your interest in her former home, she assures you that YOU WOULDN'T LAST LONG ENOUGH TO ENJOY IT.

Ever since you were young, you've enjoyed BUILDING THINGS, especially METAL ROBOTIC THINGS; all the hours you spent studying the subject eventually paid off when you BUILT AND ACTIVATED ARJUNA.

Many of the terms your wife uses CONFUSE YOU, but you have a better understanding of them now than when you first met her. You still have a hard time wrapping your head around QUADRANTS, and spent a decent amount of time explaining to Narana that on Earth, there isn't really any BLACK ROMANCE, just MANIPULATIVE, ABUSIVE ASSHOLES, and it would be in her and Arjuna's best interests NOT TO PURSUE IT HERE.

Being in the Irish Army taught you a FEW THINGS, and you will gladly DEMONSTRATE THOSE THINGS on anyone who tries to, say, spill your son's guts with a knife they stole from their parents. (Or at least, you WOULD, but NARANA BEAT YOU TO IT)

You're a very NICE GUY according to your friends, and you REALLY HOPE THEY'RE RIGHT. When not spending time with your son and wife, you BUILD THINGS IN THE GARAGE and make sure to keep any RUSTED-OVER TETANUS-LOADED SCRAPS away from Arjuna. Your garage isn't so much a place to park your one car as it is A ROBOTICS LAB.

When the Internet is working, you try to type with proper punctuation and grammar at all times, because those barely-literate douchebags make you want to snap your keyboard in half.

--

Ye gods, how much time did I spend typing this?

Oh yes, human/troll hybrids. Arjuna is an MM fan-character (I love me some crossovers); Narana comes from a different Alternia than Krittika.

Thanks to Tara for symbol/horn suggestions. :)

My first sketch of Arjuna and his parents--and Sandman, AKA Arjuna as an RM.

(I don't know what sand had to do with the mythological Arjuna.)

Posted on: October 01, 2012, 04:17:30 AM
Page 1 of an old, unfinished comic.
Page 2.
Old rejected RMs.

Fanart of Steve Napierski's (of Dueling Analogs) Rejected Megaman Villains? Hm...

Remembering that old "rejected RMs" comic (and shorter follow-up) prompted me to draw this (though I think I wanted to look at that old "RMMV" series again before that).

Not-Yet-A-Man and Hyperactiveman seemed like they'd be the best at making Megaman want to learn the fine art of choke-slamming.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2544 on: October 03, 2012, 02:41:23 PM
Hyperactivityman reminds me of Panic from Andrew Dickman's thrown away Perfection Neo series.  Except he's not missing a leg.  I wonder if Steve was inspired by that?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 04:19:36 PM by Joseph Collins »

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2545 on: October 04, 2012, 09:12:05 AM
Possibly? Hyperactiveman mercifully seems far less crazy.

Yet another one.

* Poor Needleman doesn't get out much, nor does he want to.

* I've drawn Pram (or Plum, but "Pram" sounds like it'd better fit whatever theme naming's going on with her crew) a few times, but not really Ripot or Chest.

* Something tells me Brimstone and Zaia would get along.

* I'm not sure if "Seer of Void" would fit Zaia, but I stuck him in those God Tier robes anyway. Slyph of Blood normal!Roll was drawn before I remembered that the ref I was using was outdated.

* The nameless opera singer (who resembles Victor Vector--whoops) and Minuet were RS-MM characters that ~lalalei2001 saw in a dream.

* Dunno why VHS-cover RS-Mega ended up with gray armour.

* This entire row was more-or-less taken up by the RMs from Xavier Dang's Megaman 11 fan-OST. They've been receiving a lot of flack over on Protodude's Rockman Corner, but I actually like the designs, for various reasons. (I should note that the versions I drew are either taken from the album cover, which added/changed details, or amalgamations of their cover and "normal" designs)

* I've already drawn Megagirl helmetless a few times, but I wasn't satisfied with her bangs, so I gave her some new ones.

* Hologirl's old hairstyle didn't really fit her, I think.

* Down at the bottom of the page be the MM: Triple Treat bosses that I had yet to draw.

* RS-Bass's hair pokes out from underneath that helmet quite a bit, which is odd since Rock's doesn't, and Rock never combs it.

* It's the return of the pathetic Megaslime. (I'm thinking of ditching the "evolution program" and just have Megaman be cursed or something)

* Farfalla.EXE (Jade_Butterfly.EXE?) doesn't have an "official" colour scheme as of yet.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2546 on: October 04, 2012, 04:38:34 PM
I don't even know where to begin on this piece.  It's just... so... utterly... awesome!  T_T

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2547 on: October 05, 2012, 06:44:09 AM
Thanks! :)

Well, considering how sharp Siec's (aka Megamagic Cutman) blades are, technically, that IS just a scratch.

Got the idea to make an MMagic counterpart of Farfalla (=HealerCharm's character). Like at least two other versions of her, she's a healer (specifically a cleric); Farfalla was initially either skeptical of healing magic (surely there had to be some unpleasant side-effects) or unwilling to use it (Tier's ban on magic would leave her unable to go there); whichever reason for not using it, she eventually had to learn how to wield healing magic anyway.

Rock is just glad that he (probably) won't have to get stitches.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2548 on: October 05, 2012, 03:22:49 PM
Farfalla... Gutsman... DUN DUNNNNN!?

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2549 on: October 07, 2012, 09:49:30 AM
:O

Sometimes when I can't think of anything to draw, things like this happen.

Quakewoman may have been dead inside long enough to forget that things like this tend to unnerve people. (Or maybe that's the point?)