Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions

Ramzal · 3796

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 06:34:51 AM
It. Is. AWESOME. The combat system itself is a bit repetitive until you start unlocking more combos, it has a God of War feeling to it. Very smooth and comfortable, and fluid. The camera system itself really needed more work than was given to it, at times I want to climb up a wall but akward camera angles lead to Spidey moving the wrong direction, but it's easily fixed by pressing in the right thumbstick. The game is not a Sandbox world, but it's fine due to the fact that you are occupied by enemies, hidden items and objects you can kick at people or throw at them. Each Spiderman plays differently. Amazing Spiderman's combat mainly involves webs with the triangle button but can be combined with the basic punches and kicks on the square button to give more of an inventive flow to the combat. He is also is more nimble than the rest of the Spidermen. 2099's combat is fast. Insanely fast to the point where the trailers weren't kidding about him saying "I am speed." With his enhanced sight, you can slow down time and make sure you can dodge homing missles and deal with 10+ enemies with lightning speed.

Noir Spiderman is steath. Meaning you mainly sneak around and find areas to get around enemies to trap them or web them into a wall. The downside to Noir is that he can't knock out enemies like the rest of the Spider-men and is a bit weaker. So if you are spotted, hand to hand is good to stun them so you can move away from them and sneak up later. However, is sneak attacks are presented so brutally and so fluid to the point that it is amazing just to watch him at work. Ultimate spider-man's tendrills clear out large amounts of enemies. Whenever I felt trapped, I could tap into rage mode and cause more damage as well as increase the damage range. That and his quotes when he enters it are silly. "RAAAAAWR! I WILL EAT'EM YOUR BRAINS!!! ---Just kidding!"

The story itself is pretty straightforward and not too impressive. But it gets the set up and job done well enough. The music is done very well, each song fits the area pretty well and is catchy. The graphics give a nice cellshading/realistic like feel to the point where it feels like a cross over between Legend of Zelda Wind Waker and Spiderman: Web of Shadows. The Spider-men's sense of humor is present as well and as cheesy and sarcastic as it should be. Also there are enough challanges like defeating a numbet of enemies in ranks, or certain ways to keep your need to revisit the stages. And fi nally, my favorite part of the game so far. Spider-man's Punch-Out. When in a boss fight, you use the thumb sticks to fight the enemy in first person view. You dodge and box the life out of your enemy to the point that I want to put the Mike tysons punch out theme on as you can control jabbing, upper cutting, right or left hooking and dodgung. Needless to say, this game is not a story telling masterpiece as it is there to get the job done, but it is a buy, without a doubt if you ever liked Spider-man or any superhero games in general. In my opinion, it holds well against batman AA.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 07:07:27 AM
Pirated the Wii version. It has its issues, but so far, it's a surprisingly solid game. I recomend to anyone who's a fan.