Total Members Voted: 9

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 11:57:33 PM
I wonder if anyone knows how many patents are filed without ever seeing a finished product?

you mean like a Yoshi?
Thank you for killing any further innuendos that were popping up in my head.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: August 14, 2009, 01:25:34 AM
Watching Nintendo push this [parasitic bomb] to the casuals because the Wii is printing money is just absolutely disheartening. I guess this is what we get for the Gamecube being so underwhelming last gen.

Actually, this resulted from a declining core audience and a part of a more internationally-focused marketing strategy to combat the PS3's and 360's numbers (which are only so large because they were immediately widely accepted in countries larger than Japan).

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: August 14, 2009, 01:27:34 AM
So does that mean Sony and Microsoft will copy the Wii in the next generation while Nintendo gets all the "hardcore" games back?

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: August 14, 2009, 01:29:14 AM
I'd lol so hard if that happened and it probably will, but not to the effect people think it will. Also, this generation really really really makes me hate the classification of games as being casual or hardcore.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: August 14, 2009, 01:31:41 AM
I hate those terms too.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: August 14, 2009, 01:39:42 AM
Just because they made a patent doesn't mean they'll actually produce it.

Also, this generation really really really makes me hate the classification of games as being casual or hardcore.

I'm not even sure if this is better or worse than the whole kiddy vs mature crap that was before it.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: August 14, 2009, 07:15:24 PM
Also, this generation really really really makes me hate the classification of games as being casual or hardcore.
I rarely use the term hardcore in reference to gamers unless I'm talking about those unbelievably annoying, usually overweight, lispy god awful types. Tourneyfags, normally.

Until the Wii, I considered myself what a casual gamer is. I don't go out of my way to get games or consoles, I don't do tourneys, I don't try and play through mechanic abuse or frame perfection and I don't try and perfect every game I own. I simply just play what I enjoy. Nintendo's kinda killed that word, though.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: August 14, 2009, 07:49:48 PM
Claim to be semi-casual.  At the very least it should confuse people.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: August 16, 2009, 04:39:47 PM
As outlined in Nintendo's patent filing, said device involves attaching motion-sensing controllers to an inflatable cushion or other sitting device. Giving the example of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk, Nintendo states that the accelerometers on the controllers would be able to sense a gamer's motion as he or she bounces on an inflatable cushion. In response, the game being played on the Wii would respond accordingly, mimicking the motion of a player riding an animal in-game.

Here's how the cushion might work.
Force feedback could also be incorporated into the device. Nintendo notes that the electronic, inflatable cushion could be outfitted with haptic feedback transmitters, which would vibrate in response to occurrences within the game. Taking it one step further, the patent also details a way in which the game could jostle the rider around to mimic a bumpy in-game ride.

So, if I'm reading this correctly, my Victory Buzz when I win in Brawl just got 50X more Victorious and Buzznificant?  8D

Package this with a Ridable Yoshi game, and I'm there!   owob