Games you were never meant to see...

OKeijiDragon · 7866

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
on: June 28, 2009, 05:22:36 AM
Like Resident Evil / Bio Hazard 1.5. I wouldn't mind paying at least $15 for it if they considered releasing it.

Yes, that is true. I know the game wasn't completed, but I wouldn't mind playing and paying something that's nearly completed. After all, it is Resident Evil. It could be released as a sort of bonus to fans. It wouldn't even require any sort of adjustment to be made for consumers, other then perhaps text translations, but even Capcom wouldn't have to worry about that.

By the very time the game's development was halted, most of the game was already completed (around 65-80% complete, depending on whom you hear from Capcom) -- you can even view remnants of what appears to be the final sequential areas and music inside the preview disc for Resident Evil 2, and those areas are modeled VERY, very similar to the last ones in the final RE2.

Recently, a prototype of this particular version was "up for sale" a couple of years ago, only to be lost to everyone because of some dumb bastard's selfish attitude, stupid [tornado fang]ing problems, and growing up issues. *sighs*

You know, perhaps I AM looking too much into this. Lol. I was just typing what was in my mind after viewing these unbelievably interesting videos about RE1.5 check them out!

SurvivHor - Resident Evil 1.5 - Walkthrough A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUcrELW5780

SurvivHor - Resident Evil 1.5 - Walkthrough B
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwCcVGDR6E0

SurvivHor - Resident Evil 1.5 - Walkthrough C
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6KCS12IT88

Did you know that Wesker was to be the final boss of 1.5 as part of a Birkin's last mutation?

I really have to wonder how Capcom feels about leaked footage and information about Resident Evil 1.5? I really do wonder.

Am I the only one who finds stuff totally interesting?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 04:20:01 PM by Shiki Tohno »

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
the only cancelled game i really give a damn about is Metroid Dread.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Sparky

• Игра закончена
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Kirby Wii. Cancelled, uncancelled, then unofficially re-canceled. I long lost hope that it'll see the light of day.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
the only cancelled game i really give a damn about is Metroid Dread.

Not canceled. See Sakamoto's recent comments on the game in the Other M discussions.

Kirby Wii. Cancelled, uncancelled, then unofficially re-canceled. I long lost hope that it'll see the light of day.

Not canceled either. Although, I do wish to know WTF is up with this one, seriously. Also, anything Shantae related gets mentioned in here. The guys at Wayforward have had a prototype game for the series ready for every console under the sun at one point (DS/DSiWare, Wii/Wiiware, PS3/PSN Store, 360/XBLA, GBA, GCN) but only recently have we heard of them, most notably, Shantae Advanced.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Sonic Xtreme. Could have been the first 3D Sonic game. Its interesting point is that only the stages were really 3D. everything else, (Sonic, plants spikes, enemies, rings) were extremely detailed sprites.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq_iPxQsbm0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzvS_beXtXk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRbvosiQSWk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeoX6M50iCM

imagine...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Not canceled. See Sakamoto's recent comments on the game in the Other M discussions.

unreleased, cancelled, in development hell, they're all the same for the purpose of this thread.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 08:08:39 AM
The only game I can think of under this (and want to play it) is Starcraft: Ghost...

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 09:49:57 AM
Apparently ZOE3.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 11:47:48 AM
Duke Nukem Forever :P

In all fairness, we actually are getting a new Duke game. Two of them in fact, just not Forever XD

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 07:15:03 PM
I'd KILL to play the RE2 prototype.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 07:38:25 PM
Starfox 2.

Fay and Miyu would've been better than where Krystal has taken the series. Although we did get Lucy Hare, so I can't smack talk too much about it all.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 08:04:51 PM
SMB2.

It's rather infamous for being a Doki Doki Panic edit, ironic enough, has seen a remake in the form of Mario Bros Advance.

Of course, there's Sonic R. it felt incomplete after going for a second run in it's PC port.

Speaking of which, Doki Doki Panic never saw a US release and was Japan only, because at that time I felt like I was playing a diffrent game when it was decided to experiment with Mario. then, Transformers: Nazo no Convoy (Mystery of the Convoy) and other unreleased JAP-Only games.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 08:15:46 PM
Starfox 2.
This, for me at least.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 08:18:36 PM
Starfox 2.

Fay and Miyu would've been better than where Krystal has taken the series. Although we did get Lucy Hare, so I can't smack talk too much about it all.
What's awesome is that the fans basically completed that with translation patches, so even though we don't get to pay Nintendo for what a nice job they did (why the HELL didn't they put it on VC, anyway?), one can get a taste of it.  How good a taste that is depends on your setup.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned this, but ye olde MegaMan Mania for GBA.  Sure, it's a compilation, but I'd have been itching for it regardless.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 28, 2009, 11:01:26 PM
SMB2.

It's rather infamous for being a Doki Doki Panic edit, ironic enough, has seen a remake in the form of Mario Bros Advance.

Of course, there's Sonic R. it felt incomplete after going for a second run in it's PC port.

Speaking of which, Doki Doki Panic never saw a US release and was Japan only, because at that time I felt like I was playing a diffrent game when it was decided to experiment with Mario. then, Transformers: Nazo no Convoy (Mystery of the Convoy) and other unreleased JAP-Only games.

Uh, isn't this topic about actually unreleased prototypes or games? All of those got a release.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 03:40:14 AM
What's awesome is that the fans basically completed that with translation patches, so even though we don't get to pay Nintendo for what a nice job they did (why the HELL didn't they put it on VC, anyway?), one can get a taste of it.  How good a taste that is depends on your setup.

But did anyone ever make one where Corneria took damage? The version I played was still unfinished, and needed save states just to make sure I didn't lose my progress completely.

All the same, though, especially with the power of the 64 on the horizon and compared to the visual clutter of SF2, I can see why they scrapped the project.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 01:19:52 AM
But did anyone ever make one where Corneria took damage?
Google is your best friend.
http://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=starfox2

All the same, though, especially with the power of the 64 on the horizon and compared to the visual clutter of SF2, I can see why they scrapped the project.
I'll gladly accept that if it means SF64 was the result.  Still doesn't mean they couldn't have released it as a "lost gem" later on, for the GBA, DS, or Wii's VC.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 04:24:48 AM
Legacy of Kain 6.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 06:10:50 AM
Google is your best friend.
http://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=starfox2

I'll gladly accept that if it means SF64 was the result.  Still doesn't mean they couldn't have released it as a "lost gem" later on, for the GBA, DS, or Wii's VC.

So there is a "finished" version of it. Good; the version I played, Corneria didn't take any damage (which was actually kinda nice 8)) and every now and then the camera would just freeze while your ship just continued on into oblivion and you lost all your progress to a locked-up game.

You know, I never thought about it that way. If SF2 got axed so that SF64 might live, then Nintendo really does know their ****.

...except for the fact that they haven't made any cool games for the Wii Zapper like Yoshi's Galactic Safari, Duck Hunt Wii, or a new Metal Combat. owob

Offline Lilwolf

• Net Navi
  • Rawr?
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 07:00:52 AM
I beg to differ; have you seen their house of the dead port, big game hunter, and Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles? I'd say those were pretty good games XD Others would prolly disagree though.

Are shadows blockades of light, or portals into other realms?

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 07:25:04 AM
Duke Nukem Forever.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 07:46:06 AM
I beg to differ; have you seen their house of the dead port, big game hunter, and Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles? I'd say those were pretty good games XD Others would prolly disagree though.

i can't speak for Big Game Hunter, but the Zapper actually hinders gameplay in Umbrella Chronicles. and in the HotDs, you only need the Wiimote.

Offline Lilwolf

• Net Navi
  • Rawr?
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 08:26:07 AM
In Chronicles, did you change the settings to make it so it's set to use the wii zapper? That way you don't have to hit the buttons.

Technically, you don't need ANY of the wii attachments (zapper or otherwise) to play the games; but it sure makes em more fun XD

Are shadows blockades of light, or portals into other realms?

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: June 30, 2009, 01:17:47 PM
Megaman Mania

Legacy of Kain 6.

Also this.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: June 30, 2009, 06:46:51 PM
In Chronicles, did you change the settings to make it so it's set to use the wii zapper? That way you don't have to hit the buttons.

Technically, you don't need ANY of the wii attachments (zapper or otherwise) to play the games; but it sure makes em more fun XD

i do play on Zapper settings. i just don't use the Zapper. being able to reload without moving your cursor is a godsend in that game.

i'll just say it: the Wii Zapper is a piece of [parasitic bomb] that's too small for anyone over the age of 10.