AquaTeamV3 · 3252

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
on: December 31, 2009, 04:22:27 AM
Welcome to the 11th topic in the 'Rate and Discuss' series! This topic is about a weapon that really like to be in your face, the Spread Buster!

Made from the Antique Book, Old Launcher, and Arm Supporter, the Spread Buster is a pretty useful weapon that you get later on in your adventures on Kattelox Island. Total costs add up to 249,000z, making this the fourth most expensive weapon in the game. Despite being an energy hog, it's quite useful and underrated.

The Spread Buster fires multiple grenades (similar to the ones the Grand Grenade fires) forward. Anything standing in front of you when you fire this is pretty much wrecked; the closer you are to your opponent, the more damage you do. This is easily one of the most powerful weapons in the game when used correctly, as very few enemies will survive the impact of multiple grenades. It's also useful for hitting multiple opponents simultaneously. Using Free Look correctly, you can nail quite a few bots in one shot. You can also opt to fire straight up; grenades will rain from the sky and cover quite a large area. It's a pretty amusing sight.

This weapon really doesn't have many downsides. It does take up quite a bit of energy, so you have to use it sparingly. However, it's nice range and power make it worth carrying a Hyper Cartridge around if you need it. You can't move while firing it, so you really have to be careful about where you fire this. It's recovery time is better than thrown weapons though, so you're not in too much danger if you miss. Aside from the fact that you get it late, there really isn't anything that holds it back.

Overall, you have a pretty destructive weapon that is pretty solid, particularly in close quarters. The Spread Buster gets a 9/10 from me!

Post your opinions/thoughts/ratings here!

Previous installments:

Homing Missile
Splash Mine
Rush Power Adapter
Eagle Ride Armor
Vacuum Arm
Falcon Armor
Hyper Shell
Arrow Shot
Blade Arm
Shining Laser

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 04:25:08 AM
it doesn't just have nice range, if you aim it right, it has infinite.

also, obligatory link of spread buster carnage.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 05:24:55 AM
it doesn't just have nice range, if you aim it right, it has infinite.

also, obligatory link of spread buster carnage.

Oh wow, never actually seen that thing in action versus the Gesellschaft.  It's not as strong as the Grand Grenade, but the range helps a lot.  Thinking about it now, you could probably manage to damage Bruno and remove a couple of his parts all in one shot if you line it up right.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)