Rockman 7/8 FC (Spoilers)

Diggeh · 293705

Offline someguy233

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: May 22, 2009, 02:25:33 AM
some bloke is working on a remix of MM1 with time man and oil man stages. they shouldn't be used in MM8.  did anyone tell them this so they stop wasting their time?

Rockman isn't fun with intro stages. saying megaman requires an introduction level is saying the game needs justification.  if you need to justify megaman's existence then you aren't a fan of the classic series. if you need intro stages there are still some oldskool games out that will appeal to you. http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/nes-games/72-1.jpg

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: May 22, 2009, 02:35:56 AM
Its that 8's intro was pretty cool, and had catchy music.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #152 on: May 22, 2009, 02:53:27 AM
Yeah, save TimeMan and OilMan for the remake of Powered Up!  (Remaking a remake is awesome.)
It actually would be pretty cool IMHO.  Remaking the new levels and playable 8-bit RMs, Roll, and Proto. 

They should have included the Rushes.  I mean ... remaking the game so it has the same "flavor" as the old 8-bit games is all well and good, but even MM games progressed as they went on.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #153 on: May 22, 2009, 02:54:50 AM
Just let me fight Cut Man and Wood Man again, and the rest of the things won't bother me one bit. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: May 22, 2009, 02:55:15 AM
And yet Mega Man 9 undid so much of that, for better or for worse.

As far as gameplay goes, I'd almost say this gives it a proper adjustment. I'm not entirely sure I agree with that statement, but then not having the Charge Shot and Slide in MM9 was equally weird.

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
  • DWII's Lab Expirement Verifier
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: May 22, 2009, 04:06:07 AM
True, it felt a little wierd. I mean, with Protoman mode you could do those things, but it wasn't the same.  O^O

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!!~ "

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting...Burning...FINGER!!!~"
-----
That one Nun...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: May 22, 2009, 06:26:47 AM
Well, the game is still in development, so we'll have to wait for the final product to praise or rage.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #157 on: May 22, 2009, 03:04:35 PM
We kinda have two other screens to look at. ^^

I think Rush Bike will (should) be there too. o.o

There are a couple of new songs, they might use them for the game.

All Stage Clear
Final Victory
Pass Word

If you go to the Sound section of the wiki, you can listen to a lot of pttune remixes of Rockman 1-9, Megaworld, Rockman & Forte and GB World series. The Rockman 1-2 packs has Megaworld arranges. ^^

Aww Rockman 7 Intro Stage, how I miss you so much~ >U<
We won't see it in any of the FC remakes though. Not the Robot Museum either. >.<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: May 22, 2009, 07:11:13 PM
im gonna miss the 8 intro stage... also, this means we wont fight Duo doesnt it? then Cutman might be relocated...

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: May 22, 2009, 10:25:43 PM
You do have a point there flame...

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!!~ "

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting...Burning...FINGER!!!~"
-----
That one Nun...

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
    • Super Justin: The Blog
Reply #160 on: May 22, 2009, 10:36:18 PM
The Rockman 7 NES version looks brutal. :o

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: May 22, 2009, 10:40:17 PM
The Rockman 7 NES version looks brutal. :o

it's not to hard but BurstMan is Just Tedious...almost broke my keyboard fighting him!  -_-

-----
That one Nun...

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: May 23, 2009, 02:15:03 AM
Rockman isn't fun with intro stages. saying megaman requires an introduction level is saying the game needs justification.
I say keep the intro stages, but make them an option on the title screen called "Practice".

Final Victory
Hey, I know that one, that's Rockman 4!

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: May 23, 2009, 03:17:36 AM
words
Are you retarded?

To undo certain advances in the series to fit a retrowank remake is absolutely daft. Intro and halfway stages provide extra content and further in game story fluidly. Taking them out removes key points in both games. Meeting Forte, facing Duo, Dr. Wily's Guts Man hard on. Removing them is ignorant.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: May 23, 2009, 05:09:57 AM
Are you retarded?
lol, a troll.

To undo certain advances in the series to fit a retrowank remake is absolutely daft. Intro and halfway stages provide extra content and further in game story fluidly. Taking them out removes key points in both games. Meeting Forte, facing Duo, Dr. Wily's Guts Man hard on. Removing them is ignorant.
i agree.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: May 23, 2009, 09:28:11 AM
To undo certain advances in the series to fit a retrowank remake is absolutely daft.
It depends on what you consider "advances".  Adding linearity to the level structure to try to strengthen the narrative may not be a good thing once you've stopped caring about the story.

I think Rockman 7's remake could have kept the museum stage, though, except you could play it after beating ANY four levels, and maybe you should get some kind of prize from it.

Offline someguy233

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: May 23, 2009, 04:17:33 PM
I can't wait to try the F. Bomb.

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: May 23, 2009, 05:02:43 PM
I can't wait to try the F. Bomb.
I just noticed that! I think that would go in the same catigory as the Blue's Jet icon.

-----
That one Nun...

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
    • Super Justin: The Blog
Reply #168 on: May 26, 2009, 02:01:13 AM

Offline someguy233

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: June 04, 2009, 06:24:29 AM
My mom said that the NES rockman 8 is going to be released next month. Should I believe her?

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: June 04, 2009, 06:37:23 AM
Unless she's on the team working on it, I highly doubt you should.  -_-

-----
That one Nun...

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: June 04, 2009, 07:58:49 AM
Your what told you huh?

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: June 04, 2009, 05:31:26 PM
No, not even close at all..

Offline someguy233

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: June 24, 2009, 04:07:30 AM
I just read that the developers of the rockman8 8bit demake are not the same people who did the RM7 8-bit.  This is taking very long.  I would like to hear an update soon.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: June 24, 2009, 04:08:52 AM
we all would.