Saber · 726411

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #2475 on: May 08, 2011, 09:00:49 PM
Well, now comes that inevitable point where I use my new hardware as a means to play old software on a fancier screen.  The GBA went back to Xtreme2, the DS went....oh, who am I kidding, I didn't quit playing Yoshi in SM64 for ages. >w<

Anyway, Pokemon White.  Three badges, and just got my first dose of the Dream World today (TEN THOUSAND POINTS FOR MY FRIKKIN DRATINI?!), and triggered the Zorua event.  Kinda makes raising Liepard pointless, but I knew she wasn't going to last me anyway.

EDITS: Page 100, baby!

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #2476 on: May 08, 2011, 09:06:33 PM
Brawl, having a hell of a time modifying the [tornado fang]ing Character and Stage Select Screens (It either refuses to work, or does the "Hang up and Screech".)

I honestly don't know what I did wrong. I mean modifying the opening didn't blow up on my face so I don't know why this is.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2477 on: May 08, 2011, 09:26:44 PM
Anyway, Pokemon White.  Three badges, and just got my first dose of the Dream World today (TEN THOUSAND POINTS FOR MY FRIKKIN DRATINI?!),

Honestly, the Dream World is a fine concept, but it's executed quite badly. At least make it so we don't have to wait EXACTLY 24 hours between visits =/

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2478 on: May 08, 2011, 09:27:28 PM
Brawl, having a hell of a time modifying the [tornado fang]ing Character and Stage Select Screens (It either refuses to work, or does the "Hang up and Screech".)

I honestly don't know what I did wrong. I mean modifying the opening didn't blow up on my face so I don't know why this is.
Filesize is probably too big. I had that issue for a while. Not even sure how I fixed it

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2479 on: May 08, 2011, 10:54:44 PM
Found out the problem (Finally)

It was in the wrong folder.

I feel really stupid now.

The game just looks silly now.

The CSS is mostly the same, except Stocking is in Peach's spot (In the Opening as well, silly me.)

New Pork has been renamed Daten City (I use my PSG songs there, so it fits.)
Pirate Ship has been renamed [parasitic bomb] (Because I don't like it, and because playing it crashes the game for whatever reason.)
Green Hill Zone is Apotos to go with the current texture Hack.

EDIT: Oh, apparently some characters revert to their normal when they get to the end of classic mode/are used in adventure mode.

What the hell, how do I fix this?

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2480 on: May 08, 2011, 11:21:09 PM
After avoiding spoilers for months a finnaly got enouch spare time to beat Progfessor Layton 3...wow, just wow at the ending.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2481 on: May 09, 2011, 12:22:43 AM
EDIT: Oh, apparently some characters revert to their normal when they get to the end of classic mode/are used in adventure mode.

What the hell, how do I fix this?
Certain parts of the single player use a different file for character's textures/models and movesets. They're in the same folder IIRC. Singleplayer ones are .pac and multiplayer ones are .pcs. I think the only real difference other than filename extension is the compression on them.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2482 on: May 09, 2011, 02:26:38 AM
Yeah, that must be it.

Any way to convert one over to the other?

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2483 on: May 09, 2011, 02:37:02 AM
Never quite done it myself. I think you just simply open the .pcs in BrawlBox, switch compression to none, and save it as a .pac

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #2484 on: May 09, 2011, 06:16:58 PM
I wish I can do those but I don't want to lose my warranty.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2485 on: May 10, 2011, 07:45:14 AM
Well, some things happened in this evening's installment of Wizardry 6: Bane of the Cosmic Forge.  After numerous battles, including one against giant wyrms [sic], Dengar finally caught up with everyone in terms of level.  He is now at Level 6 and he learned Poison.  So, he can share some of Zuckuss's spells.

Shortly afterward, the crew remembered a poster from another part of the dungeon; someone named "L'Montes" was looking for a "Snoopcheri."  So, on a hunch, the bounty hunters trek to the "Scaredy Tower" where the mysterious person is hiding behind the door.  Bossk says "Snoopcheri" and the door opens.  A tall, stalwart man named L'Montes steps out and inquires about Snoopcheri.  So, Bossk hands over the stuffed beagle that he had been toting around.

"Snoopcheri!" says L'Montes, "Back in my arms at last!"

As reward, Bossk was given a silver key with which to unlock the Captain's cell.

The only problem now is finding the Captain's cell, so the bounty hunters returned to scouting the castle.

Offline Reg

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2486 on: May 11, 2011, 03:02:49 AM
Finished Mega Man X on VC. Perfect emulation is perfect.

Downloaded Alien Soldier and playing it for the first time. Wow, do I suck at this game, even on Super Easy. Being a Treasure game, I'd have to be insane to play on the default setting of Super Hard. I'm still learning the controls but I like it. The music is rocking, too.

Gunstar Super Heroes. I still  think the Genesis version is better but this GBA game is still pretty all kinds of rad. Definitely one of the best looking GBA games. Anyway, I'm playing as Red on Easy. I'm at the famous board game segment. I HATE fighting the tiny solider in this game.

Archer

Reply #2487 on: May 12, 2011, 06:49:23 AM
Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection

Playing IV again for around the 50th time... yay?

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2488 on: May 12, 2011, 01:30:14 PM
Portal 2 and Tranformers: War for Cybertron.. finally.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2489 on: May 16, 2011, 06:55:40 AM
The intrepid band of bounty hunters have fought their way to another section of the dungeon in Wizardry 6: Bane of the Cosmic Forge.  After vanquishing some foes, they come across a chest.  Greedo disarms the chest and opens it, revealing treasure.  The gold was divided up evenly, IG-88 got an anointed robe to add to his arsenal.  Of the party, he was the only one who could equip the item, as between him and Bossk, IG-88 is, oddly, the most pious.  Zuckuss equipped an Amulet of Night and was given the Book of Ramm, as he has the highest stat in Scribe and can thus read books. So, Zuckuss reads the Book of Ramm:

"O first night of Ramm
And second born Ramm again,
Find third upon thy altar
Burning bright!

"Where fourth night of wands
Bears fifth magik sun again
Is when thy graven altar
Shall blossom into night!"

The words are starkly reminiscent of the strange symbols the party had seen on an altar before...  The group hurries to the altar and Bossk, following the words Zuckuss had read, presses the symbols in order:  Ram's head, ram's head, flaming ord, magic staff, flaming orb.

The altar drops into the floor and reveals a pit.  Ever the adventurers, the group drop into the dark pit.  They hit the bottom with a thud (and 4 to 6 damage dealt to each member) and see a gate open in the distance.  Then, a giant snake appears.  It was time for a battle!  Bossk melees the snake with his claymore and IG-88 attacks with the Sword of Striking.  Greedo thrusts with his cutlass as Dengar defends with his spear.  4-LOM uses his sling to launch stones at the creature and Zuckuss uses Blinding Flash to thus blind the snake.  The snake vainly attacks, gets a hit off of Zuckuss (who later casts Heal Wounds on himself), while the rest beat the crap out of it.  After the battle, the group assesses their surroundings and leave the chamber.  It was time to explore this new level.

And also time to map it.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2490 on: May 16, 2011, 12:46:38 PM
Half Life...Man I've missed this game :3

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #2491 on: May 16, 2011, 09:06:56 PM
I won't be able to able any of the cool stuff until my PC is restored.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2492 on: May 19, 2011, 03:16:55 AM
Nearly finished with Portal 2. I'm at Chapter 9: The Part Where He Kills You.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2493 on: May 19, 2011, 07:16:24 AM
Our intrepid band of bounty hunters are currently exploring a labyrinthine network of twisty little passageways that all look alike™ in Wizardry 6.   Dengar, while searching a room, tripped over something and found it to be a pick axe.  So, he gives it to Bossk, who uses it to break down a wall, which reveals even more twisty little passageways that all look alike™.  While exploring, the group happen upon a band of tribal women, who, to the bounty hunters' dismay, run for it.  The bounty hunters chase down the women and find that they had crossed a wide chasm and were in the process of rolling up their rope bridge and leaving.  Thus, it was back to exploring the dungeon and no rolls in the hay for the party.

The group fight some dungeon leeches.  Zuckuss kills most of them, while Bossk and Greedo get the last two hits.  Then, Greedo levels up.  He is now at Level 7 with the rank of Hiwayman.  The group explore and fight some more.  Then, in one chamber, where the ceiling opens up into blackness, Dengar spies something shiny.  The key to the belfry!  He adds it to his collection of keys and off they go.

The bounty hunters stop for a rest and are promptly attacked by two zombies.  4-LOM and IG-88 get some hits in, as they were the first to wake up.  Then Bossk wakes up and dispatches the zombies.  The rest of the party awaken and it's back to exploring the twisty little passageways that all look alike™.

Oh yes, and Dengar was singing Workin' in a Coal Mine until Bossk told him to knock it off.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2494 on: May 19, 2011, 07:18:34 AM
Just finished co-op on Portal 2. Playin' me some Uncharted now. Borrowed it from a friend along with Uncharted 2, Red Dead Redemption and Metal Gear Solid 4

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2495 on: May 19, 2011, 12:17:05 PM
Kicking Proud Mode's ass in Kingdom Hearts 2

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Archer

Reply #2496 on: May 19, 2011, 12:21:18 PM
Kicking Proud Mode's ass in Kingdom Hearts 2

Not exactly a note worthy achievement, KH2 is easy.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #2497 on: May 19, 2011, 12:52:02 PM
Sonic Colors (Wii) and Half Minute Hero.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2498 on: May 20, 2011, 12:24:53 AM
Kicked Wheatley's ass in Portal 2, and the ending was a good thing.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #2499 on: May 20, 2011, 03:51:05 AM
Just finished helping Vixy out get the World Peace achievement in Hard Corps: Uprising, and we shed tears of joy after I made the sacrifice to ensure she gets that achievement. TwT *inserts Ikaruga's ending theme* I have another friend of mine who I gotta help with that achievement, too.

Still playing Bayonetta and gunning for 100% completion on a new game.