The "What are you currently playing?" Thread

Saber · 726656

Offline Reg

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2400 on: March 29, 2011, 04:09:30 AM
I LOVE my Retro Duo! It even works with the Super Game Boy so I'm going through Donkey Kong again, IMO one of the best Mario games!  >0<

Even StarFox works great! Made it all the way to Andross and got a Game Over. Guess I'm a bit rusty.

NiGHTS is fun but I'm still not sure what the overall objective of the levels/game is.

New pruchases: Okami (Wii), Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Mario Superstar Baseball.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2401 on: March 29, 2011, 10:19:57 AM
NiGHTS is fun but I'm still not sure what the overall objective of the levels/game is.
Fly around. Gather 20 balls. With those balls, explode the capsule thingy by flying into it.

Fly through rings to fill the dash meter and fly faster.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #2402 on: March 29, 2011, 02:35:47 PM
I was playing Republic Commando, but the lag was hurting.
Strange though, since there was nothing wrong graphically, the game just... lags?

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #2403 on: March 29, 2011, 05:20:08 PM
Trying to beat FF8 for good, Bayonetta, MvC3, and Dissidia 012.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2404 on: March 30, 2011, 08:02:49 PM
Back to the Future: The Game. Episode 3.

Best episode yet. It's so awesome.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2405 on: March 31, 2011, 09:16:32 AM
It's been a while, but our intrepid bounty hunters are still exploring the castle in Wizardry 6.  During the exploration (and mapping), the bounty hunters fought various monsters and the occasional rogue.  Zuckuss almost tried to unlock a door with Sneeze and then Dengar almost tried to use an arrow to unlock a gate.  It seems that those two have been messing around with Zuckuss's alchemist herbs for a bit too long. 

Shortly afterward, Dengar searched an alcove and found a short bow and 68 arrows.  Since he already has a longbow, which was bought to replace his old short bow, then he's going to sell this short bow.  And of course, Greedo plans to steal from the merchant in the basement after the transaction.  After some more exploring, the group climbed to the top of another tower.  On the ledge was a stinking, nasty, yucky rotting carcass.  It was so decayed that it was near impossible to tell what it was, so the group decides to inspect it to determine cause of death.

The carcass is moved, releases a wave of putrid stench, and causes Bossk and Zuckuss to vomit, and thus inflict 2 damage on each of them.  Bossk then kicks the bloated carcass off of the ledge and it splatters in the moat far below.  We have a hunch that the denizen of the moat, whatever it may be, is the cause of death for that body.

The group fights some monsters and Greedo finds six dirks to add to his arsenal.  4-LOM then gained a level and learned Direction.  He can now function as a compass, which is quite useful for mapping the dungeons.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #2406 on: March 31, 2011, 03:56:02 PM
So I'm playing Hexyz Force.
This Emperor Axel guy is probably the dumbest ruler I've ever seen.
"HURR DURR LET'S MAKE PEACE WITH ELVES O WAIT THEY KILLED ME ELVEN [sonic slicer] NOW I'LL JIHAD THE ELVES! BURN THEIR HOME FOREST!"

I mean, Jesus. Chill out man. AND WHAT? NOW YOU'RE THROWING ME INTO PRISON FOR HELPING DEM ELVES? THE [tornado fang] YOU DOING BIOTCH? EXECUTE ME?! WHAAAAA-

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2407 on: April 01, 2011, 10:20:43 PM
Been playing Super Street Fighter IV 3D. Really fun game, and for the most part, the online fights are lag-less. It's still a shame that this is one of the few decent launch games for 3DS.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #2408 on: April 02, 2011, 04:46:24 AM
I am playing Super PAper Mario, that Francis lizard reminds me of otaku and nerds in general but I think that is the point.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #2409 on: April 02, 2011, 05:11:31 AM
Sonic 06 (PS3), currently just going back to levels I've already done. I'm not intrested in playing either Kingdom Valley or Tropical Jungle at the moment, so I might just take a break. I did finish Silver's story though.

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
  • 'Ya better pray to Martel one last time...
    • View Profile
    • My Chatango Chatpod From When I Was Still A Nooblet
Reply #2410 on: April 02, 2011, 06:40:38 PM
Sonic 06 (PS3), currently just going back to levels I've already done. I'm not intrested in playing either Kingdom Valley or Tropical Jungle at the moment, so I might just take a break. I did finish Silver's story though.

So far you're doing better than I ever would.

Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality.

I learned that all things explode in slowmotion if you punch them hard enough.

You may have to be on fire for that to happen, though.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2411 on: April 03, 2011, 09:05:07 AM
Shadow's Story is done, all thats left is Sonic.

Shadow's Story was pathetically easy, it just took a while. Plus the occasional slow-as-[tornado fang] vehicle segment.
Silver's Story was too frustrating at times, because sometimes throwing stuff didn't register correctly, and as such It would just drop to the ground or bounce off the enemy.

I just don't like the Sonic Stages that much. Turns on a dime way too often.

Offline Reg

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2412 on: April 03, 2011, 10:37:56 PM
Fly around. Gather 20 balls. With those balls, explode the capsule thingy by flying into it.

Fly through rings to fill the dash meter and fly faster.

Much thanks!

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars is one of my favorite Wii games and was worth all the trouble I went through to find a copy. Just unlocked Frank West and he's so freaking hilarious! Throwing shopping carts as projectiles, putting on a Mega Man costume and shouting "REAL MEGA BUSTER!!!", stuffing a Sever Bot head on fools and ramming them into a horde of zombies! Frank is comedy GOLD! I also unlocked Zero and as expected, he's AWESOME! Of course the entire roster of fighters here is crazy awesome. Playing as all the different Tatsunoko characters, makes me wanna read up on them since Ken the Eagle was the only one who looked familiar to me. I honestly don't think the unknown characters hurts the game at all since they are pretty fun to play as.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2413 on: April 03, 2011, 11:53:16 PM
Sonic 06 Update: Currently on the way to Kingdom Valley... Ugh. Tropical Jungle wasn't so bad, and why did I have to do Wave Ocean again? That served absolutely no purpose other than to give tails a solo stage. (Though it was nice to play it, being so easy.)

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #2414 on: April 04, 2011, 12:12:24 AM
Red Dead Redemption.

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2415 on: April 04, 2011, 12:27:23 AM
Diablo II + Expansion - Currently in Act 2 - Playing Barbarian
Planescape Torment - Currently in the Catacombs behind the Buried Village under the city of Sigil
Baldur's Gate 2 + Expansion - Haven't played much yet. Made it out of Jon Irenicus' lair and freed Viconia from the fanatic crowd.

Also downloaded FF6 and Secret of Mana for VC.

However, there's one game I'm waiting for. It will be released later this year: Dark Souls.
I had TONS of fun with Demon's Souls, and Dark Souls seems to improve on almost every aspect. Even the few points I disliked in Demon's Souls (not enough armor and weapons).

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2416 on: April 05, 2011, 03:02:23 AM
I finished Sonic 06.

I'm probably not going to go through and play all the Town Missions/ Get all the Silver/Gold Medallions, If I was playing the 360 version for achivements maybe. But this is the PS3 version and I'm not about to go through End of the World Again for an S rank and 2 more medals, nor am I going to bother with Kingdom valley again. On another note, SHRINKY DINK SONIC POWER GOOOO! I love that Scale Ability.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #2417 on: April 05, 2011, 08:31:00 AM
Just beat Final Fantasy VIII. Fun game. Story was eh, but whatevs.

Now I can start on X-2 or XII.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #2418 on: April 05, 2011, 09:16:37 AM
FF8 was the only FF game which a gameplay system that I had fun abusing. Nyahahaha

Offline prower42

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2419 on: April 05, 2011, 10:47:43 AM
oh boy, been awhile

Fallout 3 GOTY edition (neutral Karma, Level 20, MZ complete, OA complete but failed the Gary 23 glitch I even had a flamer and jing's sword ;O;)

Fallout New Vegas (WAS Level 30 but want to be on the NCR's good side and...*COUGH*wanted NCR salvaged power armor so I pwnd some heavy troops*COUGH* now around Level 22 or so...)

Pocket Monsters Black (GWAH I IMPORTED IT 2 MONTHS EARLY AND I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN MY RESHI!!!!i am slow)

SMW2 Yoshi's Island SNES (trying for 100%, most of world 1 doneDAMN G RATED DRUGS)

Battle Network 3 Blue (Bubbleman story arc...)

and too many others to list...

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2420 on: April 08, 2011, 03:10:36 AM
Medal of Honor European Assault

Used to play the multiplayer a lot with my friends, but this is my first time bothering with the campaign now that I got my own copy. It's quite fun, with a more open and non-linear style compared to Frontline. Enemies are also a lot smarter it seems, and able to kill you rather quickly. The fighting is much more tactical than other shooters I've played. I suppose it's more realistic in that sense then. Thinking of trying Rising Sun next if it can run on NeoGamma at all.

Also played some Mario Power Tennis. The Power Shot cutscenes get annoying really fast. I can see why there's an option to disable the moves entirely on Exhibition. Would've been nice to add that to Tournament as well. Matches drag out too long otherwise, what with the Defensive Power Shots being incredibly cheap and near impossible at missing the ball.

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #2421 on: April 08, 2011, 03:15:29 AM
Ys I + II
Dragon Age 2 (360)
MvsC 3 (360 and PS3)
Super Street Fighter 3D
Ridge Racer 3D

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #2422 on: April 09, 2011, 04:33:29 AM
Monster Hunter Tri, as usual.  Out of Scatterfish, out of Honey, and cursing whoever's sick idea it was to make the parts to the ultimate Sword and Shield something near inaccessible to non-Bowgun users (damn Alatreon Webbing...).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2423 on: April 09, 2011, 06:56:39 AM
Wizardry 6, as usual.  Discovered another tower in the castle, there are four and they're all mapped properly.  Now, the bounty hunters are exploring the lower levels.  There's a room with a snake pit in it.  Our intrepid party is not very excited about venturing into that pit.

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
  • 'Ya better pray to Martel one last time...
    • View Profile
    • My Chatango Chatpod From When I Was Still A Nooblet
Reply #2424 on: April 10, 2011, 08:15:05 PM
Pokemon Emerald and Platinum, as usual.

In Emerald: Well, I somehow found a Ralts as my first pokemon to catch. Lucky me. I've also assembled a team of Zigzagoon, Wurmple (Evolved into Silcoon), and Marill. Along with Torchic, I've been grinding so I could beat Roxanne. Mostly, I'm trying to grind Marill until she learns Water Gun, and Ralts is a pretty high level herself. I've been keeping Torchic on the side, to use only in a pinch, since he's my highest level. I've pretty much been wasting the other two to hell.

In Platinum: Having Pal-Parked all the legendaries except one of the Lati's, I'm planning on cloning whichever lati I find in Emerald, then GTS'ing for the other one in Platinum. I found out Regigigas is a total waste of space, and I dumped him in a box to die. But really, I had to literally catch and bring in a Lv. 2 Starly to safely bring down his HP. Right now, I have nothing better to do than screw around with that condo thing in Resort Area. I might get back on trying to find out how the hell to get to Heatran, or start tracking the Legendary Bird Trio, but not right now.

Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality.

I learned that all things explode in slowmotion if you punch them hard enough.

You may have to be on fire for that to happen, though.