The "What are you currently playing?" Thread

Saber · 726785

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2100 on: October 28, 2010, 03:09:01 AM
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (Wii version specifically)

It's okay so far. Gameplay is just the same mindless hack n' slash with Force Powers thrown in. There's two things that really bother me though:

In pretty much every interview, the developers mentioned being able to cut enemies in half, etc. and that the Lighsaber would actually act more like well, a [tornado fang]ing Lightsaber. You know, one or two slices and they're dead? Well, they must've been bulshitting because it take nearly 10 [tornado fang]ing hits to kill just one Stormtrooper, which I swear is even more than it took in the first game (and he's got two Lighstabers this time for christ sakes)

Second thing is the personality of Rahm Kota in this game. Acting like an annoying arrogant [dark hold] only obsessed with attacking the Empire with little to no strategy, I could maybe understand since he's now a General of a newly formed Rebel Alliance. But, when a Jedi Master encourages me to use my rage to attack enemies, there's something wrong.

Posted on: October 27, 2010, 07:16:47 PM
I've only had the game for six hours and already beat it's entire Story mode. That's absolutely pathetic.

Thank god I only rented it.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #2101 on: October 28, 2010, 03:14:58 AM
Marathoning Layton for about 3 days. in preparation for epic crossover.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #2102 on: October 28, 2010, 03:43:30 AM
Re-Playing through Pokemon Platinum, have all my Pokemon leveled up to over 60 and ready to take on Victory Road and the Elite Four. Volkner did not stand a chance against my Lv. 62 Garchomp. 8D

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2103 on: October 28, 2010, 11:39:00 PM
Still doing a few leftover missions in Phantasy Star Portable 2 before I decide to buy a new game. I still have a few "NEW!" missions left to run. That means I might see a Layton game very soon~

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #2104 on: October 30, 2010, 03:26:37 AM
Rosenkreuzstilette, Alltynex Second, Kamui, RefleX, and Labyrinth of Touhou Special Disc.

Before anyone asks, yes, I know my family are outlawing PC doujins because of what happened to me a while back (that is until I get my own frickin' PC so I can play them in secrecy as I intent to), but I was working on something for GameFAQs for Rosenkreuzstilette at the time before my brother nuked the hard drive and killed every - constructive - thing was I actually working on. For a time, I was working on it, then lost my motivation, worked on it again, then lost motivation again wondering if anyone would actually use it. As long as I can keep the file space far away from the gray line (it was 20GB worth PC doujins for me when my brother's sh*t took up 40~60+GB), I can avoid any suspicions from raising.

... *sigh* When are the manufacturers are going to give my brother the replacement video card my brother desperately needs.

Also, I can't get Shantae to work on VBA v1.8.0 beta and I saw someone on YouTube got it working.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2105 on: October 30, 2010, 03:55:53 AM
HeartGold, and probably some other games.

Beat Layton and the Unwound Future earlier today.

I cried. A great ending.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2106 on: October 30, 2010, 04:19:27 AM
The King of Figters 2002 Unlimited Match XBLA version

I love it when games come out earlier ^__^

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2107 on: October 30, 2010, 07:45:21 AM
"Clanud:This is an RPG!"

8-bit,and yet awesome~

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #2108 on: October 31, 2010, 04:53:44 AM
I'm only just now starting the FIRST Force Unleashed game (Wii version).

I hate to sound like a graphics whore but this game SHOULD NOT have opened with views of ships.  It really stings the eyes for Nintendo fans who are familiar with the infinitely superior work that Factor 5 did with the Rogue Squadron games LAST CONSOLE GENERATION.

The gameplay is decent, but I can see what Mar is saying with lightsaber hits not feeling all that strong.  Somehow any enemy who can pick up a melee weapon gets to be a real nuisance; it makes me miss X7's Zero for crying out loud.  They're not kidding when they say this game is about Force powers, 'cuz the lightsaber just blows.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2109 on: October 31, 2010, 05:04:32 AM
My problem with the Wii version of Force Unleashed is that, for all intents and purposes, it SHOULD'VE been the best one. It had the most perfect control scheme with the Mote Chuk combo, and they totally f'ed it up.

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2110 on: October 31, 2010, 05:10:12 AM
Never played the first one on Wii, just how was it set up?

In TFUII, it's fairly easy. B to Jump, A to attack (though you have the option to switch them), Shake the Wiimote to use a Special Attack, Shake Nunchuck for Force Push, Hold Z and Shake Nunchuck for Force Lightning, Hold Z and Shake Wiimote for Sabre Throw. Lightly Pressing C resets the camera, holding it goes into Force Grip mode, where you just simply point the cursor at something to pick it up and move it, then flick the Wiimote to send it flying. D-Pad has Force Dash, Mind Trick, Force Sight and Fore Rage assigned to it.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #2111 on: October 31, 2010, 06:27:20 AM
In 1, C is your lightning and Z is your grip.  Also, you swing for regular attacks (which is nowhere NEAR as smooth as Twilight Princess), hold A and swing for saber throws, and tap A for force dash.  D-Pad is camera control.

There's no cursor controls in 1 that I've seen yet, beyond the menus anyway.  Enemy/object targetting seems to just be a matter of proximity.

I find the controls not as responsive as I would like (which is saying a lot from somebody who mastered the ability to not jump when picking up a building in Godzilla Unleashed), but still functional.  "Thrusting the nunchuck" feels a bit unnatural since they demand a stabbing motion, whereas I'm trained by both Twilight Princess and Punch-Out!! to do punching motions.

I do like the controller-rotation moves used in "chance" matchups against the bosses, though.  Not that the movements make all that much sense, but they're a unique and fairly simple way to keep the player involved during cinematic attacks.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2112 on: October 31, 2010, 06:37:21 AM
Never played the first one on Wii, just how was it set up?

The problem I had with the first one's control scheme was that the you couldn't move the nunchuk around like his hand when using the Force Powers, specially Force Grip/Grab/Throw. I couldn't fling him with the Nunchuk, and rather instead had to use the Analog stick. It wasn't a "major" issue for the most part, but I just felt the controls could've been better.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #2113 on: October 31, 2010, 08:57:25 AM
Final Fantasy X and the Vectorman games.

Offline SUIKA

• Robot Master
  • It's a good thing I exist.
    • View Profile
    • IDC
Reply #2114 on: November 01, 2010, 06:18:41 AM
When I give myself the time, I play my copy of Pokemon White, briefly, before I leave it running in my DS for a while until I wanna' use some other application and I can't be bothered waiting for a chance to save, so I just go back to where I started.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2115 on: November 01, 2010, 06:12:04 PM
I played through to the first boss of Dark Dawn (J) and loved it. The summons are epic!

Can't wait to get my English copy!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Reg

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2116 on: November 04, 2010, 11:32:44 AM
Well it was a long and hard road but I finally beat Super Mario Galaxy with 120 stars! Now I'm going through the game as Luigi.

Also playing New Super Mario Bros. again. As Luigi of course.  8)

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2117 on: November 04, 2010, 03:37:15 PM
I finished Battlefield: Bad Company! Thinking of what to play now.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #2118 on: November 05, 2010, 01:23:15 AM
Also playing New Super Mario Bros. again. As Luigi of course.  8)
You know, I realized with that comment that I have truly gotten lazy as a gamer.  In SMB3 and SMW, I had no qualms with starting a 2 player game and killing Mario so that I could play as Luigi.  These days, it just pisses me off that NSMBWii has no character-select in single-player.

Anyways, been replaying Ace Attorney Investigations.  And re-watching the AAI2 trailer in all its awesomeness.

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Reply #2119 on: November 05, 2010, 02:21:50 AM
Anyways, been replaying Ace Attorney Investigations.  And re-watching the AAI2 trailer in all its awesomeness.

I can't beleive I missed it!
*watches*
HELL YEAH DE KILLER!  >0<

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #2120 on: November 05, 2010, 07:25:47 PM
Playing the DQ9 post-game.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2121 on: November 05, 2010, 11:01:07 PM
Chrono Trigger (DS)

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2122 on: November 06, 2010, 01:00:41 PM
Now playing Time Hollow.

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
  • 'Ya better pray to Martel one last time...
    • View Profile
    • My Chatango Chatpod From When I Was Still A Nooblet
Reply #2123 on: November 07, 2010, 07:54:01 PM
Finally beat that jerkwad of a hologram in MM2. ON TO MEGA MAN 3! SLIDING AHOY.

Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality.

I learned that all things explode in slowmotion if you punch them hard enough.

You may have to be on fire for that to happen, though.

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2124 on: November 08, 2010, 02:21:35 PM
Finish playing Time Hollow, and the alternate ending aswell.