slayer · 11997

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
  • Mavericks are for pussies...real men kill Aliens
    • View Profile
    • MY fan thingys , help me overcome my fear to show my draws please
on: July 28, 2011, 05:47:50 PM

after mi failed attemp to create a fancfiction history i almost give up so this is my final chance, so please be nice  ;^;

-first biometals design, i never really liked the zx design , so i tried to make new ones, with no success of course

note: it`s kinda obvius that those characters aren`t vent or aile , that`s part of my failed proyect, but talk about this other day,
what i wnated is to give a real menacing look , adding metal plating, ceramic plates, thermal menbranes and other sci-fi crap

if you think this is worth to watch please comment on this topic
i don`t want offensive pm, those will be reported to the moderator, have a nice day

« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 06:41:51 PM by slayer »

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 05:58:35 PM
*note i don`t want any offensive PM regarding my crap so hyriu make me a favor and take a big cup of STFU*

if you think this is worth to watch please comment on this topic
i don`t want offensive pm, those will be reported to the moderator, have a nice day

How about YOU take a big fat cup of STFU and GTFO?
I already don't like your attitude.

Also, I'm not a grammar nazi since I make a lot of mistakes myself, but you should seriously learn to spell correctly.

And if you consider my "PM" offensive... please feel free to report me. I don't give a crap.

As for the drawings themselves... well, at least they look better than if I would draw them myself.
But in general, the designs aren't too great, and it just seems like you tried to cram as much stuff into them as possible.

Welp... I'm off awaiting my Ban after you report me or whatever.

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 06:12:32 PM
W...Wasn't this already a topic?  How did it get put back in as new in th... anyway o.o

1. Calling your topic "welcome to my trash can" is inviting people to say negative things
2. Saying "i don`t want any offensive PM regarding my crap so hyriu make me a favor and take a big cup of STFU" is inviting people to say negative things
3. Posting drawings on the internet (whether "good" or "bad") is inviting people to say negative things
4. Posting ANYTHING on the internet is inviting people to say negative things

You jus have to kinda get used to it and/or ignore it

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 06:37:49 PM
These are actually good. And the characters and their gear looks well-detailed. ^^

Looks like you are attempting a ZX theme here, with the Live Metals and their transformations and all that. >U<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 06:44:47 PM
oooo thanks  vixy, when i get a new scanner maybe i will make more of this things, and change the title (i `ve endured hard times and i`m  pretty depressed this days )
anyway
some things i got
concept of leviathan after mmz , i never could finalize her back story though :S

an old quick draw of what else, rock volnutt (legends mood   '>.>)

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 11:58:56 PM
most of your designs are a little top-heavy

heavy chest armor makes sense in battle situations and i totally endorse it, but from an aesthetic point of view it looks silly to have these big wumba chest plates and nothing on the lower body to make up for it. it's almost like all of these people would tip over.

you could go either way with it, slim it down on the top or bulk it up on the bottom

http://s4.postimage.org/2wv3mfois/ck7_new_model_f_by_quakebrothers_d2xyp8g.jpg this image in particular doesn't have that problem. if you could maintain this sort of balance with a slim-bodied armor everything here would be awesome.

also i'd like to see you try a couple of different color techniques. pencils seem to be working pretty well for you to get your ideas out there but theyre not as conspicuous as markers would be. you should color one image with pencils to solidify your idea and then the other with marker just to brighten it up and make it more concrete, if that makes sense.

keep drawin!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 12:03:54 AM

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 02:14:48 AM
uhm... thanks for the ideas

little udpate

i tried to use photoshop in this , but i don`t have enough skills

say, after risk your metallic butt for ciel, now she is lost after mmz4 , so when i tried to make the fanfic (failed attemp) i wanted to give her a chance to be co-protagonist and something like that....

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 09:37:44 PM
Hmm, cool. Now I can actually see what you posted. Those red x's were horrible.  8D

Yea, cool drawings bro.

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 05:13:25 PM
ohhh....well
ok originally my dv page was a two person proyect, me and my brother
but he leave the proyect , i tried to continue , but our  problems overwhelmed me
anyway this was made for him

Time after playing Kingdom Hearts 2,  realized some funny things with the number 13 thing, the i played the 13 game, about what else, a conspiration were the 13 menber screw everything, so i made this

and to finish......a stupid and unfinished lineart.... miku hatsune singing sweet home alabama in starcraft 2 armor

i know, is crap T_T

Offline Hiryu

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 11:01:42 PM
I can't comment on someone who doesn't put pride in their own work. Shame be upon you.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 11:16:34 PM
Miku is cute. :3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 06:55:28 PM
I can't comment on someone who doesn't put pride in their own work. Shame be upon you.
...maybe you right... look at this, i can`t use photoshop like a normal human, nobody support`s me , i must take pillz like that idiot (deppresion pillz not painkillers) from left 4 dead cuz, a bunch of animals bullied  me during school, i fight to continue living but i always end torturing myself because i can`t do something nice like other people, and in the university  teachers always give jobs to be made in a group, and always end doing alone because friendship is only a dream for me... i know nobody wanted to know this, but now you know why i can`t be proud of myself....

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 07:15:12 PM
...maybe you right... look at this, i can`t use photoshop like a normal human, nobody support`s me , i must take pillz like that idiot (deppresion pillz not painkillers) from left 4 dead cuz, a bunch of animals bullied  me during school, i fight to continue living but i always end torturing myself because i can`t do something nice like other people, and in the university  teachers always give jobs to be made in a group, and always end doing alone because friendship is only a dream for me... i know nobody wanted to know this, but now you know why i can`t be proud of myself....
Oh my God...

Offline Hiryu

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 05, 2011, 07:49:03 PM
You only let your feelings control you. Only foolish people do that. Your attitude is an important part of who you are. Will you let what happened to you control your life forever? I've seen people who have been through hell itself, and yet today they smile. They smile, because they know today's another day to live for the future.

You're only being too hard on yourself. Your art is not as bad as you would think. Frankly, I've seen much worse. I think you have a talented hand for drawing this. It's original, I'll give it that.

One piece of advice: Don't make another negative topic like this again. Ever. When you label it "welcome to my trash can" you're only dishonoring yourself. No one, absolutely no one, does that. Tis' foolishness. If you know you're art is bad, then why bother posting about it? I think you knew that your art had to have atleast some redeeming factors to itself.  Your hand can be put to a lot of good use.

And next time you draw something, put your pride into it. Always say to yourself, "This is going to be my best artwork ever!"  And then let people comment on how good it is or what needs to be fixed.

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 02:27:57 AM
well.....thanks for te support (sniff)so i already changed the thread name  :W,  i`m going to try to be more proud with myself but i`ll take time

ok, here we go....
first
--note--
the fanfic attemp started as a foolish crossover idea between mm universe and some hand picked Id Software ideas
--Note: this spoiler contains intro--
[spoiler]First....in the 23th century.... the Research base belonging to the Union AeroSpace Corporation become a giant economic power, founding a new civilization in mars, meanwhile the Earth suffer the reploid wars and everythong, mars grows with every step.....14 years before Neo Arcadia fall UAC , what rejects the idea of using reploids gathered 4 subjects to create a new human super soldier, the final goal, convince neo arcadia to abandon the use of reploid technology, the selected menbers was: UAC ceo, Their top Scientist, the Coronel from the Army and an unknow Member only know as "data lost due an error" , but the result wans`t  the expected..... the result of the genetic mix was a girl.....with a great intellect but not the warrior the expected....her kindess was a motive of shame for the greddy and  fearless scientists from mars, for they the word "ethics" doesn`t exists en their mouths, but the folks involved in the proyect decided to her to live in the earth in neo arcadia....far from her dark origin, neo arcadian scientists claimed to be her creators and but she never forget...
when she was 6 , she made what will be the her mayor mistake, she build a android to replace the Leader of the mega city, a robot named megaman X
during the time she spend protecting the humanoids robots a war erupted in mars , an unknow alien force attacked mars city, due to this her "fathers " couldn`t look after her...but with time even wars end.....time after the girl founded a mobile force to fight those who menace the planet.
But even the evil people who menace life in the future will find when the identity of the aliens who attacked mars years ago, even the shafts of time itself will crumble not even who fight in the past will be spared....let the wheel of fate turn because war, war never changes[/spoiler]
oh btw, in this draw i wanted to include the original space marine from DooM as a character, for some reason i can`t recall i wanted some idiot to rebuild leviathan, why? i don`t remember, it`s kinda ugly i know but i will do my best

Posted on: August 07, 2011, 07:08:06 AM
Sooo.. in this quite long post in going to do what i never dare before....post my fanfiction in another page (DV doesn`t count because is already there)
anyway here it goes
-note-
  show my drawnings make  me nervous  '>.> '>.> '>.> '>.> '>.> '>.> '>.> '>.> '>.> '>.> '>.>

Chapter 1
--i know i forgot to make the intro chapter where is a small resume of mmz --
intro
6 months after the destruction of the mayor part of the neo arcadian ground , help patrols form mars city aided the survivors, give techonologic goods to the new area zero settlement, using her influences , scientist and young prodigy Ciel obtainded the resources to found a mobile security patrol named the guardians, using an old spaceship  donated by martian industry "Darkstar in."as a mobile base. An UAC division named UltraTech sponsored in the biometal proyect, hoping to develop a new military powered combat armor to use in planetary recon and to compete with SenniTech, another UAC division.
3 weeks ago, a psiquiatrist attended ciel due to sleep problems. today , since the discovery unknow technology in the ruins of the crash zone of the space station "ragnarok" , an similar powe reading was detected in a old mine, after lost contact with the crew in the place a military scuadron was sent to investigate, even with the posible risk , ciel wanted to go anyway...

i know is  a little incomplete and is old hehe  o//////o o//////o o//////o o//////o i drew this a year ago

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16 on: August 14, 2011, 08:27:13 AM
Alrighty... From what I've seen, you have the beginnings of a style, so keep at it.  Seriously, there's a spark of talent there, so you should take pride in it and work on building it.  Artists aren't made in a single day; they take years and years to develop a style and get to a point where they're considered "good" (as in, publishing good).

Your linework in some images could use some tightening up; I notice that you use a single continuous line.  My advice for that?  Don't.  Most artists don't use a single continuous line because their hands are shaky and a single line will pick up that shakiness.  Most artists will sketch a solid line; meaning they draw increments at a time, keeping it tight and making it look like a single, continuous line.  This may take some practice to hammer down.

Examining your Photoshop image ("New Model P"), I can tell you that it's a step in the right direction.  Photoshop skills also take a while to develop.  They can be learned, so don't let it discourage you.  I'm still learning coloring techniques in Photoshop and I've been working digitally for about four or five years.  You got a nice lightsource going on in that image, it will just take some fleshing out to give your image depth.  Best way to learn that is to observe how shadows play on objects.  Using models as reference (that includes setting up action figures under a desk lamp or in front of a flashlight) will help with that.

When coloring in Photoshop, to keep your linework layer from being messed with by the coloring, set the Blending Mode (in the Layers palette, where the drop-down menu says "Normal") to "Multiply."  Then, put all of your color layers beneath your linework layer.  Keep your linework layer as your topmost layer.

Don't forget to just simply play around in Photoshop.  Oftentimes, the best methods to achieve a specific effect are found from just fiddling around.

I'm not going to go into the same depth as everyone else has regarding your attitude toward your art; it's been said already.  However, I will agree that you should take more pride in your work.  You should treat each and every one of your images as if they were to be portfolio pieces.  The more pride you take in your work, the more it will be reflected in your art.  And don't feel bad about your current level; remember that we all had to start somewhere.

I also suggest to archive all of your images, so that way you can look back on them and see how you progress.  I currently have at least fifty sketchbooks from back when I was still in high school (graduated 12-13 years ago), and I glance through them every now and then and compare the images in them to what I have lurking in my sketchbooks and portfolio now.  It's interesting to track the progress that way.

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 12:57:07 AM
ummmm
well thanks

before that, i resqued another chap. from my dv
soo..... im going to stop having shame against myself and tell what i could

[spoiler]

as you can see, my fanfic started as a crossover..starting in the aftermath of mmz4 and an old game i used to play years ago called commander keen, i spend some time writing a somehow decent history, but the file was lost because when i write it i din`t have drawing skills at all, any way i couldn`t draw more because my scanner is fry and my pen tablet is outdate  ::)

[/spoiler]

anyway , as you sez quick , i always wanted to make an hybrid drawning, too bad i don`t have the time or the resources :S
soo due to my lack of scanner im gonna upload some stored thigns for my dv.
but the worst of all is : when you like drawning you like to put in paper what you think, sometimes you spend 5 years with the danm idea in your head like me....and that sucks..
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:57:28 AM by slayer »

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 04:51:08 AM
What is an "hybrid drawing" exactly?

It a bit hard to comment on someone that keeps whinning about how much he sucks, it doesn't look like you would take critics positively. As a general crit I'll say that the main issues you should tackle first are anatomy and pespective, since those are basic stuff any artist should know and you still don't dominate properly.

I would encourage you to stop drawing everything from memory (looks like you're doing it that way) and start looking for reference pics.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 05:29:39 AM
References are an invaluable tool.  I use 'em, lots of artists use 'em.  And I agree with the anatomy and perspective.  The easiest way to practice anatomy?  Draw characters NAKED! :D 

And I second the "hybrid drawing" question.

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 06:40:51 AM
ohhh...well , basically, instead of choosing manga or american style i use to fool  with both trying to get something,  too bad is way too hard, for this reason, im sticking to manga-with-not-so-manga-things for now, just nevermind that, btw, im going to a drawning classes again , my doctor sez, that is good for me  ::)

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: September 12, 2011, 08:44:02 AM
Manga or comic styles don't matter too much. You'll eventually develop your own art style as you continue drawing. I think at the moment you should just continue one with your normal style and try to focus on improving. After that, developing a good style will be a lot easier than starting right now.

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: September 18, 2011, 12:42:42 AM
mmmm.... well first thank for stand my stupid attitude...
anyway... want to start writing a plot
for what i been told, first i need a setting, a problem and a ending, but to be sure
i will be thankful is someone give me some advice in this matter.....(and i dont want more jokes about my english please)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 05:26:45 AM
A basic three-act plot structure is this:

Set-up:  That's where you set the stage, introduce the characters, and begin to introduce the conflict.

Conflict:  The conflict is brought in and the characters must now deal with it.

Resolution:  The characters have triumphed over adversity, and now you make sure to get everyone off the stage as soon as possible.

The third act has slipped some writers up on occasion, as while their loose ends may be tied up and everything is resolved, their characters are still lingering around and meandering aimlessly.  The third act is when you clear the stage.  The simplest story structure is akin to a rollercoaster; you begin the big climb up the big hill, reach the summit, then WHEEEEE! Free-fall to the bottom and the ride is over.  Don't allow the ride to just coast along on a straightaway afterward unless you plan to put in more hills.

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: September 20, 2011, 05:38:14 AM
thanks a lot for this... i have good news... using vmware and a lot of duct tape, i fixed the danm scanner...horrayyyyy
and in order to test it made a silly fast draw

just a simple thing....."hatsune miku was walking in the park eating a sandvich when too late she remenbers the danger of eating a sandvich in the street...the dangerous creature know as the pootis-bird know for his lust for sandvich and dispensers..."
yeah is sutpid , but for now i have not time and i want to do this step by step....