See ya later!/Welcome back!

Asvel · 309378

Archer

Reply #1550 on: July 05, 2011, 07:49:44 AM
Gosh, if you liked that, you'd love the full story.

You'd better not tell it, it might ruin all other stories forever for me.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1551 on: July 13, 2011, 02:14:41 AM
Well that was an okay time.

Though I find the lack of Nestea disturbing. I don't think I could ever live in the U.S.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1552 on: July 13, 2011, 04:01:58 AM
Well that was an okay time.

Though I find the lack of Nestea disturbing. I don't think I could ever live in the U.S.
Theres Nestea in the US though...
How could I forget those Snowman commercials?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1553 on: July 13, 2011, 04:03:28 AM
Oh I know there is

But every other restaurant I went to didn't have it. I'd say it was just something wrong with Boston and NYC, but the same happened in Ohio and Michigan a few years ago.

Seriously if that Cheesecake Factory I went to had some it would've truly been the best restaurant I've ever been to.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1554 on: July 13, 2011, 04:07:13 AM
Oh you mean like restaurants and stuff? yeah. hard pressed to find anything other than sprite or Coke/pepsi. if they have iced tea, its not nestea. that be in bottles/cans and in fast food joints.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1555 on: July 13, 2011, 04:08:15 AM
Yeah, you can definitely find Nestea in NYC, at bodegas and lots of other places. However, now that I think about it, it's not one of the more popular restaurant drinks available.

And Cheesecake Factory is pretty good. One of the next best cheesecakes to Junior's.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1556 on: July 13, 2011, 04:10:28 AM
Nestea is all I live off other than fruit juice. I can't stand even the slightest bit of carbonation.

Also, stop hogging the Baked Lays. We can only get them in little bags at Subway now :c

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1557 on: July 13, 2011, 04:15:10 AM
Dont you guys along with the rest of the normal world still have Kinder surprise eggs?

we can only get those here by digging real deep or ordering online from like, places. Since parents here dont know how to [tornado fang]ing read the label that says not intended for young children, thus resulting in regulations that dont allow non food items to be concealed by food items. :C

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1558 on: July 13, 2011, 04:17:45 AM
Indeed we do. Delicious little bit o' my childhood that it was.

Oh and, I gotta wonder how you people live there. Like seriously I was pretty damn paranoid first day in NY. Just Boston alone seemed like a clusterfuck. But then again the most urban and populated place I've been to before is Toronto.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #1559 on: July 13, 2011, 04:21:24 AM
Guys guys Nestea is awful and sugar-loaded. If you want tea, drink real tea! From like, tea leaves and stuffs.

Also Kinder Surprise eggs, ah fun times.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1560 on: July 13, 2011, 04:28:57 AM
If you were to ever see my eating habits you'd learn real quick I've no concern for sugar content. Besides, there's much worse I could have, like any carbonated beverage ever.

So yeah. Next year I think I'll just be sticking with the usual visit to Calgary.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #1561 on: July 13, 2011, 04:33:43 AM
But it tastes terribly entirely unlike tea.

And there's no point in having tea that isn't tea.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1562 on: July 13, 2011, 04:34:52 AM
I'm a teenager! I dun need dat gentlemanly stuff.

Nah but I've never really bothered with real tea, nor would at all compare iced tea to it if I did drink both.

I did have the more 'traditional' iced tea back when I was in Ohio though. Didn't like it one bit.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1563 on: July 13, 2011, 04:53:49 AM
Oh and, I gotta wonder how you people live there. Like seriously I was pretty damn paranoid first day in NY. Just Boston alone seemed like a clusterfuck. But then again the most urban and populated place I've been to before is Toronto.

NYC is definitely not for everyone. The size & scope, plus the immense amount of people, can be overwhelming. Even those who have lived here their entire life cannot wait to get out. For me though, I can't imagine living anywhere else.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #1564 on: July 13, 2011, 04:57:12 AM
Nonsense, tea can be drunk by anybody. You can have iced real tea. Honestly now. You can even have lemon/peach/whatever iced real tea. You can even load it with sugar if you're so inclined. Not that it'll taste very good afterwards. You just never found the right tea leaves. Because you know, black tea is bitter as all hell.

Personally I like crowded cities, but I can't imagine living in one. Oh but the people and the shops and the nightlife >w<

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1565 on: July 13, 2011, 05:14:24 AM
NYC is definitely not for everyone. The size & scope, plus the immense amount of people, can be overwhelming. Even those who have lived here their entire life cannot wait to get out. For me though, I can't imagine living anywhere else.
I always find the task of traveling to somewhere in the city daunting.

But then again, I live in the forgotten borough of staten Island, so im very technically country folk, lol.
Suburban to the max.

But the subway in NYC is so... COMPLEX, I mean Damn.

but yeah. theres few places I could imagine living other than NYC. I mean, theres EVERYTHING there.

You think of it, Im sure it's there. You just gotta dig a bit deep sometimes and take out a map.

also, I love Nestea. it is sweet and sugary and tastes of artificial tea flavor. yummmmm.

Although more than nestea, I prefer brisk.

Funfact- Nestle Wonderball used to have toys/stickers/that sort of thing in them too until the regulations forced them to change that.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1566 on: July 13, 2011, 05:41:52 AM
I think one of the things that bothered me most when walking through the streets was all the bizarre people selling [parasitic bomb]. Like the first day there I saw a guy selling Obama Condoms. As I passed by I heard him saying something like "You don't taste the hope, you feel it". Maybe it's just my own overly self-conscious personality, but I just keep wondering what goes through these people's heads.

I must say, it's admittedly not as depressing as walking through Toronto though. There was a lot less beggars.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1567 on: July 13, 2011, 05:58:51 AM
You don't taste the hope, you feel it
that made me chuckle right there.

I think during the election there were McCain ones too.

Oh yeah though, theres tons of people that sell [parasitic bomb]. on my way to my thing every day, theres a guy that sells ties, another perfume/cologne, and some lady that sells cheap jewelry and stuff.

then theres the people that sell the bootlegged stuff like watches and the like.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1568 on: July 13, 2011, 06:45:16 AM
I've been wanting to go to New York ever since I was a kid, of corse I would definitly not go alone, I just wouldn't feel safe. 

But seriously presidential condoms?  That sure is weird but at least that seems more practical than handing out Mc Cain campaign ads during the club fair lunch right in the middle of the school.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1569 on: July 13, 2011, 06:52:46 AM
But the subway in NYC is so... COMPLEX, I mean Damn.

Heh, it's only complex when service changes occur. Otherwise, it's incredibly straight forward.

I think one of the things that bothered me most when walking through the streets was all the bizarre people selling [parasitic bomb]. Like the first day there I saw a guy selling Obama Condoms. As I passed by I heard him saying something like "You don't taste the hope, you feel it". Maybe it's just my own overly self-conscious personality, but I just keep wondering what goes through these people's heads.

I must say, it's admittedly not as depressing as walking through Toronto though. There was a lot less beggars.

LoL, oh yeah those people are definitely around. You learn to laugh at the crazy though and kinda admire the strange. One of the reason I love NYC is because of the acceptance of stuff like that.

And I'll tell ya, I'd have to say Seattle has the most homeless population I think I've ever seen in my travels.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1570 on: July 13, 2011, 07:10:27 AM
My dad used to take the real late night ferry back home when he worked the afternoon shift at his job, and he almost ALWAYS had a tale to tell about what he saw on the boat on the way back.

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1571 on: July 13, 2011, 08:08:19 AM
I'M LEAVING FOREVER, DELETE MY ACCOUNT.

Though, this Rien character sounds like just my type. Drinks Nestea?
GOOD IN MY BOOK

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1572 on: July 13, 2011, 10:16:54 AM
I'M LEAVING FOREVER, DELETE MY ACCOUNT.

Thats.... completely redundant seeing as you were gone for one forever.

Welcome Back?

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1573 on: July 13, 2011, 10:22:03 AM
Who are you, heathen?! Anyways, I noticed another forum with the same format and came back to my old friends.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1574 on: July 13, 2011, 11:06:04 AM
Who are you, heathen?! Anyways, I noticed another forum with the same format and came back to my old friends.

Who am I?

just that one guy who had some unhealthy love obsession.

I got better.