"What Are You Thinking Now?"

Sakura Leic · 2815986

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #22800 on: March 25, 2013, 05:31:33 AM
Seconded, it's becoming a chore reading his posts.

Oh blow me, I've had a shitty day and Its not gonna get any better tomorrow.

Offline Burst

• Not Just Some Dude
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Slorgas.
    • View Profile
Reply #22801 on: March 25, 2013, 05:34:21 AM

You may want to read my edit.

You can't be just some dude with that post count...

I HAVE MY EYE ON YOU
Armor sprite done by Blackhook, NOTME.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #22802 on: March 25, 2013, 05:34:40 AM
Hey hey he needs to vent somehow.

Also it won't be better if you approach it that way. In that state of mind it might be quite difficult to figure out how to get out of that mindset, but...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Burst

• Not Just Some Dude
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Slorgas.
    • View Profile
Reply #22803 on: March 25, 2013, 05:36:10 AM
Hey hey he needs to vent somehow.

Also it won't be better if you approach it that way. In that state of mind it might be quite difficult to figure out how to get out of that mindset, but...

Honestly not even venting. That is if you were referring to me in his post, if not, then uh oh well. >0<

I HAVE MY EYE ON YOU

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #22804 on: March 25, 2013, 05:36:56 AM
This whole discussion about artificial intelligence and what not begs me to bring up the "Chinese Room" experiment

Searle identified a philosophical position he calls "strong AI":

The appropriately programmed computer with the right inputs and outputs would thereby have a mind in exactly the same sense human beings have minds.

The definition hinges on the distinction between simulating a mind and actually having a mind. Searle writes that "according to Strong AI, the correct simulation really is a mind. According to Weak AI, the correct simulation is a model of the mind."

The position is implicit in some of the statements of early AI researchers and analysts. For example, in 1955, AI founder Herbert A. Simon declared that "there are now in the world machines that think, that learn and create "and claimed that they had "solved the venerable mind-body problem, explaining how a system composed of matter can have the properties of mind."[24] John Haugeland wrote that "AI wants only the genuine article: machines with minds, in the full and literal sense. This is not science fiction, but real science, based on a theoretical conception as deep as it is daring: namely, we are, at root, computers ourselves.

I can't explain it well at all, but basically, both humans and robots process and search for information to output in whatever situation we are in.

It goes much, much deeper than this, however. You can just read the wiki page if you care about it.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #22805 on: March 25, 2013, 05:37:25 AM
Psy Pistachio commercials, I don't know why I find them so weird.

And guys lay off RMZX, telling him these things won't improve his mood.  The only thing I suggest in this situation is probably some sort of distraction like video games or manga, that helps me.  If you can read Chobits.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #22806 on: March 25, 2013, 05:37:25 AM
You may want to read my edit.

I don't usually let my stress spill out into my online stuff, but sometimes I really don't have any other way to vent it out.

I can understand that I can get a little irritating at times, so I'll try my best to stop.

Offline Burst

• Not Just Some Dude
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Slorgas.
    • View Profile
Reply #22807 on: March 25, 2013, 05:46:13 AM
Cool, and go ask that girl out.

I HAVE MY EYE ON YOU

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #22808 on: March 25, 2013, 05:47:28 AM
Psy Pistachio commercials, I don't know why I find them so weird.

And guys lay off RMZX, telling him these things won't improve his mood.  The only thing I suggest in this situation is probably some sort of distraction like video games or manga, that helps me.  If you can read Chobits.

Isn't chobits the series with the android girl and some guy that kinda have a relationship or something?

That would just make me feel worse. :(

Posted on: March 24, 2013, 11:47:05 PM
Cool, and go ask that girl out.

What

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #22809 on: March 25, 2013, 05:48:00 AM
The only thing I suggest in this situation is probably some sort of distraction like video games or manga, that helps me.  If you can read Chobits.

Wouldn't mind lending him Earth Defense Force 2017, you know, to destroy stuff for the sake of destroying stuff.

[tornado fang] my train of thought.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #22810 on: March 25, 2013, 05:49:39 AM
Wouldn't lending him Earth Defense Force 2017, you know, to destroy stuff for the sake of destroying stuff.

Only on Xbox 360 and PS Vita

Guess who has neither. :P

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #22811 on: March 25, 2013, 05:50:33 AM
Isn't chobits the series with the android girl and some guy that kinda have a relationship or something?

That would just make me feel worse. :(
Well not right now, but someday.  It kinda helps my argument quite a bit.    

Wouldn't lending him Earth Defense Force 2017, you know, to destroy stuff for the sake of destroying stuff.
What, I'm sorry I'm not following at all.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #22812 on: March 25, 2013, 05:54:42 AM
Aw you guys stopped talking about robots

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #22813 on: March 25, 2013, 05:57:02 AM
I still kinda am actually.

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #22814 on: March 25, 2013, 05:59:38 AM
Try watching Steven Spielberg's movie. A.I

Its kinda a good movie example about androids. It's pretty emotional though.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #22815 on: March 25, 2013, 06:02:08 AM
Ummmmmmmm........

A.I. is heralded as one of Spielberg's worst movies ever.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #22816 on: March 25, 2013, 06:04:19 AM
What, I'm sorry I'm not following at all.
It's a budget title third person shooter (though I doubt it'll be budget priced nowadays) where you basically fend off an invasion of giant bugs and occasionally Godzilla-expies with a touch of kaiju monster b-movie feel. EDF 2017 is actually third game of the Earth Defense Force series; Earth Defense Force 1 and 2 were released in Japan on PS2 and localized in Europe as Monster Attack! and Global Defence Force respectively. There's a fourth game in the works for 360 and PS3 that should hopefully hit stateside June 2013, which I'm looking forward to since it'll introduce new classes and monsters to fight.

-EDIT-
Only on Xbox 360 and PS Vita

Guess who has neither. :P
EDF: Insect Armageddon then. It's on 360, PS3, and Steam. That or wait for Earth Defense Force 2025.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #22817 on: March 25, 2013, 06:06:56 AM
I still kinda am actually.

I meant I was hoping someone would comment on the Chinese Room thing.

... But actually it's extremely complex and lengthy, so it would be a really boring conversation anyway.

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #22818 on: March 25, 2013, 06:09:29 AM
Ummmmmmmm........

A.I. is heralded as one of Spielberg's worst movies ever.
I dunno though, I'm pretty bad at judging movies whether its good or bad. I just recently watched it a couple of days ago.  Its kinda good in my opinion. I dunno about everyone though.  :D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #22819 on: March 25, 2013, 06:12:56 AM
No worries. If you like it, that's cool. I like Last Action Hero and it's one of the worst movies ever made.

Just that A.I. isn't the best example about Androids. Data from Star Trek: The Next Generation is a fantastic example. Season 2's episode The Measure of a Man is one of the best example out there.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #22820 on: March 25, 2013, 06:18:28 AM
I guess my view that robots are alive came very young.  

One of the first games I was exposed to was Megaman X, very simple but it taught me many things.  The character that struck out to me the most was Zero, although at the time my brother and I thought he was a girl though a few months later we realized he wasn't.  In the few talking scenes the game had I was able to get a few things even though I was in kindergarten at the time.  

X wasn't confident in his abilities and thought he wasn't strong but Zero believed other wise.  He believed that X could become strong, he had the potential to do so, and although the game didn't say this he knew X could become even stronger than himself.

He cared about X, they were great friends.  Then came the fortress levels when Zero was captured and X was in a sorry state himself.  Zero sacrificed himself to save X and for him to move on.  My brother also didn't find the Buster upgrade so Zero gave X his buster.  Either way that scene always made me cry as a kid when we got there.  

A character who I thought was cool and was X's buddy was gone.  Megaman X was the thing that taught me what death was, because we didn't get X2, X3 or X4.  I didn't find out Zero was alive until X5, I'd say around the time I was in 2nd grade or something.  

Either way Megaman X had a big impact in me, it not only taught me the concept of death but gave me a appreciation of all kinds of life.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #22821 on: March 25, 2013, 06:22:41 AM
I guess my view that robots are alive came very young.  

One of the first games I was exposed to was Megaman X, very simple but it taught me many things.  The character that struck out to me the most was Zero, although at the time my brother and I thought he was a girl though a few months later we realized he wasn't.  In the few talking scenes the game had I was able to get a few things even though I was in kindergarten at the time.  

X wasn't confident in his abilities and thought he wasn't strong but Zero believed other wise.  He believed that X could become strong, he had the potential to do so, and although the game didn't say this he knew X could become even stronger than himself.

He cared about X, they were great friends.  Then came the fortress levels when Zero was captured and X was in a sorry state himself.  Zero sacrificed himself to save X and for him to move on.  My brother also didn't find the Buster upgrade so Zero gave X his buster.  Either way that scene always made me cry as a kid when we got there.  

A character who I thought was cool and was X's buddy was gone.  Megaman X was the thing that taught me what death was, because we didn't get X2, X3 or X4.  I didn't find out Zero was alive until X5, I'd say around the time I was in 2nd grade or something.  

Either way Megaman X had a big impact in me, it not only taught me the concept of death but gave me a appreciation of all kinds of life.

:'(

This is beautiful!

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #22822 on: March 25, 2013, 06:25:47 AM

This is beautiful!
*cue X and Zero's reunion from X6*

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #22823 on: March 25, 2013, 06:29:42 AM
Zero's theme in Megaman X was also very sad, especially the Maverick Hunter X version.  I just wish the Maverick Hunter X has the entire theme and not the first few chords, I love that song so much.

This is beautiful!
It was probably the only thing that did teach me about death because I didn't really watch Disney Movies back then, according to my mom it was because I said that I didn't like the talking animals because I knew animals didn't talk.  Though I did watch Looney Tunes, and Mickey Mouse, Rocko and other things with plenty of other things with talking animals.  Must of been I considered them people because they lived in houses, walked on 2 legs and wore clothes.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #22824 on: March 25, 2013, 06:49:05 AM
Actually ZERO did say that X could become more powerful than him in-game, IIRC.