"What Are You Thinking Now?"

Sakura Leic · 2815842

Archer

Reply #14525 on: May 26, 2011, 08:11:32 PM
lol at you guys deleting the secret forum pictures. Again.

It's not like everybody hasn't seen them already.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #14526 on: May 26, 2011, 08:13:58 PM
lol at you guys deleting the secret forum pictures. Again.

It's not like everybody hasn't seen them already.

Refer to this:

Also, hey nobody:

If you want pictures of that area, all you need to do is ask.
I'm actually surprised you didn't know about it, it's as old as RPM and we had countless members who knew about it and could have told you if you asked them.

http://forum.rockmanpm.com/index.php?topic=6.9050;msg=313710

Archer

Reply #14527 on: May 26, 2011, 08:19:39 PM
Why don't you just do one better and just give him access?

Then you wouldn't have to take time making screenshots for him :v

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #14528 on: May 26, 2011, 08:20:36 PM
Why don't you just do one better and just give him access?

Then you wouldn't have to take time making screenshots for him :v

I can't give access to nobody.

He has to be somebody.

Archer

Reply #14529 on: May 26, 2011, 08:23:59 PM
oh you

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #14530 on: May 26, 2011, 08:29:04 PM
Also, I'm EXCITED AS [tornado fang] for E3.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #14531 on: May 26, 2011, 08:30:29 PM
WHen is it?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #14532 on: May 26, 2011, 08:33:57 PM
WHen is it?

E3?

6th June - 10th June I think.

Sony and MS hold their conferences on Monday 6th June.
And Nintendo's is on Tuesday 7th.

You can watch it here:

http://e3.nintendo.com/

Konami will also hold a special pre-E3 conferenc of their own, the weekend before.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #14533 on: May 26, 2011, 08:36:39 PM
June eh? I hope I won't have work.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #14534 on: May 26, 2011, 08:37:46 PM
June eh? I hope I won't have work.

It's in less than two weeks.
Hope you take that week off. Or at least that day.

Have you ever been in a E3 livestream?
This will be my third time and I love it like christmas.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #14535 on: May 26, 2011, 08:39:21 PM
I think it would be the 2nd time for me. If nothing gets in the way.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14536 on: May 26, 2011, 10:28:17 PM
I wanted to color it but I had no idea about your fancharacter's color schemes.

If they even have any.

Your DA account was filled with black/white scribbles.

I'm too lazy cool for color.
(I feel that i should improve my overall drawing skills before trying for color anyway)

Flame has black hair as of some time ago. Mainly when I decided "[tornado fang] this he is not a Mega Man character anymore" an went about trying to redesign.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #14537 on: May 26, 2011, 10:29:35 PM
Flame has black hair as of some time ago. Mainly when I decided "[tornado fang] this he is not a Mega Man character anymore" an went about trying to redesign.

Wasn't the original red-haired?

I remember Sub Tank's parody.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14538 on: May 26, 2011, 10:32:14 PM
Was. when I went about getting rid of the Megaman style look for something different, I changed his colors from red and yellow (lolzeroclone) to black and red. (DARK AND EDGY) Hair included.

and yet, ironically, I think he might have looked a bit more original with red hair. Though I stand by my decision. :P

I remember the parody too.

[tornado fang] YEAH RUPEE

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #14539 on: May 26, 2011, 10:35:37 PM
I think you overdid it with black though.
If the armor really has as much black parts as I thought I saw then you went kinda overboard.

If you want, I can help you a bit with colorschemes or something.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14540 on: May 26, 2011, 10:39:01 PM
I need to redo the whole armor. Still looks too Megaman. The idea was stealth... and to that effect I went all black for the suit, with only some red.

However I run into the problem that I'm just not good at mechanical designs that AREN'T Megaman.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #14541 on: May 26, 2011, 10:42:35 PM
I need to redo the whole armor. Still looks too Megaman. The idea was stealth... and to that effect I went all black for the suit, with only some red.

Honestly, even for a stealth suit I wouldn't go with with total black. Certainly not in that quantity or without giving the armor a proper surface. Otherwise it's gonna look dull and flat.
I think a very very dark grey or a very very dark blue would be fitting. Tell you what, I'll think about it a bit and see what I can scribble up.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14542 on: May 26, 2011, 10:45:45 PM
Ok. Thanks. To tell the truth, ive been trying to work on a redesign for the longest time now, and failing hard. (it might possibly be the reason for my lack of art activity recently)

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #14543 on: May 27, 2011, 12:02:27 AM
(I feel that i should improve my overall drawing skills before trying for color anyway)

I'd say just do it, when you see my MS paint era drawing to now, you will see how bad my drawing was, but keep coloring anyhow.  XD
Although tablet does helps.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14544 on: May 27, 2011, 12:05:57 AM
sometimes I color either way. (usually computer drawings though because I cant be assed to try and go through the process for computering pencilwork). I might color them more often now though, after having experimented with alternative ways of coloring my pencil drawings.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #14545 on: May 27, 2011, 05:42:46 AM
I started colouring (digitally) in 2003! I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally sucked back then!

And look at me now! I still suck! But I can still colour!

What the #$*% was the point of that

Nah but, colour is good,  it looks pretty. Also people who draw fanart for you need colour references. And believe it or not some people actually offer to draw your stuffs sometimes and that's cool. o.o several years back when we all sucked the same

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14546 on: May 27, 2011, 06:34:00 AM
One of the main problems I have with digitizing pencilwork is

A. Im a sucker for detail in pencil (I go all out, shading and details up the wazoo for me!)
B. I have no patience to "trace" over the drawing in photoshop. Doesnt help I use a mouse. And find tablets weird. Something which then makes it even harder when I have a drawing with a fuckton of details in it that i probably should have waited to do once I already had the picture digitized.

Thankfully, Ive managed to color WITHOUT digitally tracing the image in photoshop first. Still messing around with it, but hey, it seems to show promise.

[spoiler]

to this

and this,

to this

(not the best example though since I just couldnt get rid of the Paper's fibery texture, something which makes the coloring job look even weirder.)
[/spoiler]

So maybe theres hope after all.

Now if Photoshop had line autosmoothing, then maybe I would give that tracing [parasitic bomb] another shot. but otherwise, no.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #14547 on: May 27, 2011, 06:51:32 AM
Texture is cool. Stop your whining and colour anyway~ =w=

You don't need line auto-smoothing, just do it at a high resolution, finish, make it smaller, and voila, everything looks cool. Alternatively, go to your Brush Settings and tick Smoothing. Protip: It doesn't make a different afaik.

Personally, when I'm too lazy to make lineart (read: always) I just colour my detailed sketches, or digital paint, in which my colouring goes over my sketch, eventually. Last I remembered you raided my dA so you should've seen my latest drawing. It was a super messy drawing a first but it looks fine after colouring because I traced over it...whilst colouring~ There are lots of ways you can do things without lineart yanno~

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14548 on: May 27, 2011, 07:10:50 AM
I cant help it. I'm whiney.

Oh no doubt I will keep coloring that way. :P

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #14549 on: May 27, 2011, 07:16:56 AM
I've been scooting around on a chair all day long, one would think I were preparing to audition for My Left Foot.